Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S. Dublin Six-a-Side

Options
  • 03-09-2016 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking to set up a regular Six-a-Side in South Co. Dublin.

I'm doing some research on facilities right now (open to suggestions). I'm looking for a decent Astro Turf pitch.

Ideally we can get numbers to play twice a week in the evenings (Tues and Thurs for example), probably 7-8pm. I imagine it would work out somewhere around €5 p/p.

Please leave a post if you're interested in a regular game.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Chiliconkeni

Sounds good but can't do Monday or Tuesday. Thursday sounds grand.

There's plenty of lads interested it seems. Could set up a team with Astro dot ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭S.Dublin 6aside

Hi,

Thanks for posting!

As regards astro.ie, i'd prefer to see if we can manage it through boards to start. There's a good example of a well run 6AS in the Cork city forum, a group i've played with before.

At some point, we can set up a poll for what day/ time suits most people best.

Once the group is established, a Whatsapp group can be made to manage attendance etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Count me in. Only day I can't do is Monday and there's 1 or 2 Fridays I can't do in the next few months so ya Tuesday to Thursday would be grand with me. There's astro pitches in Sandyford near enough to the beacon hospital but wouldn't know the prices. Only moved up from Limerick in February!

Thanks Colemania, welcome aboard!

1. SD6AS
    2. Chiliconkeni
    3. Colemania

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Yeah I would be interested for Tuesday or Thursday night there are astro pitches at benildus college near sandyford newpark college have astro too but never played on them.

Yeah I would be interested for Tuesday or Thursday night there are astro pitches at benildus college near sandyford newpark college have astro too but never played on them.

Thanks Superfurry1!

1. SD6AS
    2. Chiliconkeni
    3. Colemania
    4. Superfurry1

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Check out the sticky on the Boards Football team forum if you're looking for players

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

if thursday I could play most weeks especially if in pitches been mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 11,486 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Looking to get back into some Astro football myself, been 18 months out with illness (better and able now!) so dying to get back into a game.

Generally free evenings Monday - Thursday so count me in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

Thursday would be ideal for me, all depending on location

I think as we start filling up the numbers, we should each state our location or preferred location to play at. Might help things along

Anywhere near the below for me

UCD
    Stillorgan
    Sandymount
    Booterstown

Good idea.

I'm in Sandyford so anywhere in the surrounding areas or monkstown is good for me (UCD, Monkstown, Sandyford, Stillorgan, Sandymount)

Happy to travel a bit too if needs be.

May have use of a car for the next few months and based near Beacon South Quarter so Sandyford, Stillorgan, UCD, Dundrum or surrounding areas are grand.

Tuesdays to Thursdays preferably

Brilliant, we're making progress!

1. SD6AS
    2. Chiliconkeni
    3. Colemania
    4. Superfurry1
    5. Manafana
    6. Manufactured Miracle
    7. guile4582

Brilliant, we're making progress!

1. SD6AS
    2. Chiliconkeni
    3. Colemania
    4. Superfurry1
    5. Manafana
    6. Manufactured Miracle
    7. guile4582

Think there may be a few in the main forum who said they'd be interested but haven't commented here yet. Might be worth dropping a PM

Colemania wrote: »
    Think there may be a few in the main forum who said they'd be interested but haven't commented here yet. Might be worth dropping a PM

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I've already done that though! I went through the Boards Football Team thread and pm'd those looking for a game in and around SCD.

We're doing pretty well so far - 7 people interested in two days.

5 more and we have a 6v6. 3 more and we can do 5v5 even (to start).

i think astro.ie have boards where players are looking for teams to join, might be worth checking them

will need to get a good few ringers on board too to keep games going

guile4582 wrote: »
    i think astro.ie have boards where players are looking for teams to join, might be worth checking them

will need to get a good few ringers on board too to keep games going

That's a good idea, thanks. I'll scour astro.ie later today!

It's best if we keep this centralised to boards though so I'll get any interested parties to register here if they haven't an account already.

• Advertisement

I registered to look but it seems you cant exactly search a database of lads looking for a game!

the site is awful alright...I played there before I thought I accessed it, will have a look

the site is awful alright...I played there before I thought I accessed it, will have a look

We've enough lads to enter the 6 a side league on Thursdays social league in St benildas Dundrum starting Sept 26. It's 715 to 915,.but only 60 min game.

Dundrum seems to be good for most of us

Anyone have any experience of it, is it well organised?

I don't know how much availability there is everywhere by time we find enough lads for 6 a side and subs

We've enough lads to enter the 6 a side league on Thursdays social league in St benildas Dundrum starting Sept 26. It's 715 to 915,.but only 60 min game.

Dundrum seems to be good for most of us

Anyone have any experience of it, is it well organised?

I don't know how much availability there is everywhere by time we find enough lads for 6 a side and subs

I'd be up for that.

Colemania wrote: »
    I'd be up for that.

Sounds good.

From my experience with 6 a side games, you need a panel of about 15+ to keep it going or it'll slowly fall apart with holidays/absences or lack of ringers so a 6 a side league might be more viable in the short term alright.

I played years ago in Benildus and it was pretty well organised.

i've played at St Andrews College hockey pitch, not great in winter, its fairly well organised. 9.15 game is a pain in the hoop

Played once in Benildus, proper astro from what I remember, better games for wet evenings

6 aside team i was in @ St Andrews had 10 members paid up

and we still scrambled for players some nights

i be up for it though. but just ensure we get in at a social level

i've played at St Andrews College hockey pitch, not great in winter, its fairly well organised. 9.15 game is a pain in the hoop

Played once in Benildus, proper astro from what I remember, better games for wet evenings

6 aside team i was in @ St Andrews had 10 members paid up

and we still scrambled for players some nights

i be up for it though. but just ensure we get in at a social level

Sounds good.
    Its social level on a Thursday in Benildas

be good to get a GK on board!

Have you a link to this or something?

Not a bad idea at all.

• Advertisement

be good to get a GK on board!

You can do a revolving keeper, if we dont have a patsy. 6 players + 60 min game = 10 mins in goal each.

Advertisement