Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S. Dublin Six-a-Side

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭S.Dublin 6aside

Just a couple more and I will try organise a 6v6 for us.

Will check on pitches and then see which pitch suits most best (maybe a poll).

Good progress!

raycre wrote: »
    If you need players on a mon, tues or weds Im usually available to play. Cant make Thurdays unfortunately.

1. SD6AS
    2. Chiliconkeni
    3. Colemania
    4. Superfurry1
    5. Manafana
    6. Manufactured Miracle
    7. guile4582
    8. allybhoy
    9. Singer73
    10. Pter
    11. Greg12345
    12. raycre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

I'd be interested in a friendly game, could do most Tuesdays or Thursdays

I'd be interested in a friendly game, could do most Tuesdays or Thursdays

1. SD6AS
    2. Chiliconkeni
    3. Colemania
    4. Superfurry1
    5. Manafana
    6. Manufactured Miracle
    7. guile4582
    8. allybhoy
    9. Singer73
    10. Pter
    11. Greg12345
    12. raycre
    13. martineatworld

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Nice one - so good to go more or less?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Jaysis 13 is an awful number.

Not the fittest, not the best but I can kick a ball.

Sign me up Chief.

Jaysis 13 is an awful number.

Not the fittest, not the best but I can kick a ball.

Sign me up Chief.

1. SD6AS
    2. Chiliconkeni
    3. Colemania
    4. Superfurry1
    5. Manafana
    6. Manufactured Miracle
    7. guile4582
    8. allybhoy
    9. Singer73
    10. Pter
    11. Greg12345
    12. raycre
    13. martineatworld
    14. Senor Fancy Pants

Thanks all!

I will look at getting concrete details on a few astro turf pitches - availability, pricing, quality, accessibility etc. between now and the end of the weekend.

We should be able to have our first game next week - maybe Tuesday, probably Thursday.

We should then have a good indication how we're going and hopefully we can get another few on board in the meanwhile!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Thanks all!

I will look at getting concrete details on a few astro turf pitches - availability, pricing, quality, accessibility etc. between now and the end of the weekend.

We should be able to have our first game next week - maybe Tuesday, probably Thursday.

We should then have a good indication how we're going and hopefully we can get another few on board in the meanwhile!

Good stuff. I suppose once you get a list of available pitches in the areas mentioned previously, we'll just do a vote to see which ones suit best. I know most of us are fairly flexible with regards the whereabouts of the astro turf but I know there was a few who could only go if it was in Sandyford, Stillorgan etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

There are some brand new pitches in Ballyogan. Never been but its just off the M50 and beside a LUAS stop.

Not sure if its any good for ye.

• Advertisement

Colemania wrote: »
    Good stuff. I suppose once you get a list of available pitches in the areas mentioned previously, we'll just do a vote to see which ones suit best. I know most of us are fairly flexible with regards the whereabouts of the astro turf but I know there was a few who could only go if it was in Sandyford, Stillorgan etc

Yes, was thinking the same myself. a poll for what pitch and maybe one for which day.

The only thing is these things take time so maybe a first game next week is too ambitious but we can try and get it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

is it still the view to enter into astro.ie?

probably cut off points for that isnt there?

If you need a hand ringing around and getting prices and availability, let me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,478 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Tuesday or Thursday next week sounds good to me.

As another poster said, probably good to have a cut off for the 6 a side league if that's the plan.

Happy to help organise.

We can work on a pitch for a friendly, but if its astro league, in Dundrum, you are looking at:

396400.png

There is also a 5 aside option for Wesley in Dundrum

396401.png

There are also available options for Sandymount and Booterstown, but they might be a little far from the area we were talking about.

No exact cut-off, as the cut-off appears to be whenever the league is full.

guile4582 wrote: »
    is it still the view to enter into astro.ie?

probably cut off points for that isnt there?

The astro league I saw was kicking off from 25th Sep (i think). So, if we have (at least one) successful 6v6 in the meantime, there's no reason why we can't field a team in that.

Irrespective of that though, it would be good to have an individual 6aside group running independently, which people can join. I was involved in one in Cork which had 6v6 games on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday - administered through Boards.ie and Whatsapp groups. They had to start somewhere too!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Chiliconkeni

Tuesday or Thursday next week sounds good to me.

As another poster said, probably good to have a cut off for the 6 a side league if that's the plan.

Happy to help organise.

Yeah Sept 26 I think is first day of it. That's a Thursday in Benildas Dundrum.
    Id say the 14 lads will drop to 10 when we decide what day. If panel keeps growing we would end up entering two teams or an eleven a side. 6as would be better though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

having a GK on board is a big plus for astro.ie league ..sure lets get the friendly and see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Good few bodies down, happy days, How about geting a whatsapp group going for matches etc?

If looking at joining a league id suggest we try to arrange as many casual games (2 a week?) amongst ourselves as possible to gauge fitness and ability levels, especially if lads havent played ball in a while, the tempo in the leagues can be extremely quick and require a decent enough level of fitness. They have rolling subs which helps but its still very fast paced.

allybhoy wrote: »
    Good few bodies down, happy days, How about geting a whatsapp group going for matches etc?

If looking at joining a league id suggest we try to arrange as many casual games (2 a week?) amongst ourselves as possible to gauge fitness and ability levels, especially if lads havent played ball in a while, the tempo in the leagues can be extremely quick and require a decent enough level of fitness. They have rolling subs which helps but its still very fast paced.

Yeah, I'll set up a Whatsapp group once we have a more established group of people who have come to the 6aside games - no point in getting ahead of ourselves too much.

We're going well though, the interest is there!

• Advertisement

I know lads that use teamer.net to keep track of who's attending soccer and it works well but it costs money I think. Dunno how much but i'm sure whatsapp would work grand

Colemania wrote: »
    I know lads that use teamer.net to keep track of who's attending soccer and it works well but it costs money I think. Dunno how much but i'm sure whatsapp would work grand

Looks like its actually free! Whatsapp is handy though as everyone already has it. Something we could transition into for sure though, looks highly reccomended.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,478 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Thanks for all the organising for this.

Are we gonna try to get a game next week?

Thanks for all the organising for this.

Are we gonna try to get a game next week?

Yeah, lets go for it.

I was just at Monkstown 'DLR Leisure'.

They have a good few astro turf pitches (w/ big goals) that look good. They are €65 a session and you book in blocks. That would be €6 each.

If its too awkward I can continue scouting.

Also, were we to go for it, maybe Tuesday is the best day to do the blocks in as the Astro league is the Thursday. So. I'd propose Tuesdays 7 - 8pm if we can get it!

I tried to post the URL and a pic of location but, alas, post count no sufficient yet!

Yeah, lets go for it.

They have a good few astro turf pitches (w/ big goals) that look good. They are €65 a session and you book in blocks. That would be €6 each.

Also, were we to go for it, maybe Tuesday is the best day to do the blocks in as the Astro league is the Thursday. So. I'd propose Tuesdays 7 - 8pm if we can get it!

I tried to post the URL and a pic of location but, alas, post count no sufficient yet!

I can't do Monday or Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday sounds good though

I can't do Monday or Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday sounds good though

Jasus! Presume that is just next week? :pac:

It begins...

Jasus! Presume that is just next week? :pac:

It begins...

Can't do mon or Tues but available rest of week. Said from the beginning

Can't do mon or Tues but available rest of week. Said from the beginning

I think your message came across as if you weren't available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday so just a bit of confusion!

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Cork Soccer SixaSide

I'm the person who runs the Cork City version of this and I just wanted to say that it's well worth the effort to get a casual game up-and-running and wanted to wish the OP luck in getting it going.

We started off with 12 strangers meeting on a Thursday evening for a kickabout over three years ago and we now play Monday, Tuesday and Thursday games with about 30 players, training bibs for each evening, a surplus kitty that pays for nights out, and we just recently entered a team in a regular league.

Best of luck with it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Yeah, lets go for it.

This would work for me. Would 8-9? be free?might give more people a chance to get there. I'm free anyway thanks for organising.

Advertisement