Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round? - 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭pakman

blue note wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about it. I suspect they wouldn't shoot those scores in comps. Suddenly the tees are back a bit, they don't get the gimmes, they have to play out of divots, etc. People can be very generous to themselves in practice rounds.

But mainly, you hear of the great scores and that distorts your perception of how people are actually doing.i find that in this thread to be honest, everyone seems to constantly be shooting over 36 points. Then if you look at the Sunday scores on hdid. they're much lower than that.

Yeah I had 40 points yesterday but only 30 on Saturday and never mentioned it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

Always different with a card in your hand

• Registered Users Posts: 21,156 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

35 points today, so decent scoring. Didnt play necessary well, but scrambling was good. Been watching the Harrington videos and they helped

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Play for something every round within a group, I set up a Whatsapp group with 20 of us on it, we enter a" comp" by replying to an invite on any given day, transfer 5 euro through Revolut and depending on how many play we have a breakdown of payouts 1st,2nd,3rd etc and you post a photo of your card on the WhatsApp group afterwards to keep it transparent..Can't beat playing with a card in your hand and something to play for,btw we transfer winnings back to players Revolut account

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Golfhead65 wrote: »
    Play for something every round within a group, I set up a Whatsapp group with 20 of us on it, we enter a" comp" by replying to an invite on any given day, transfer 5 euro through Revolut and depending on how many play we have a breakdown of payouts 1st,2nd,3rd etc and you post a photo of your card on the WhatsApp group afterwards to keep it transparent..Can't beat playing with a card in your hand and something to play for,btw we transfer winnings back to players Revolut account

Great idea

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Agreed, just sent around a message to the lads to suggest the same.

Maybe do a boards one as well? Not that i trust any of you lot :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

Played the last 3 wednesdays was happy first week 3 pars and a birdie (lost by a shot) last week felt like I tore up the course with 11 pars but had doubles and 2 triples (lost by 2 shots) then today was 8 shots worse than last week and drew. Just when you think you have your head around the game it jumps up a kicks you in the bollox still love it tho.

39 tonight off 9 in our WhatsApp group comp 20/19 with a scr on 17 to be beaten into 2nd ob9..16 of us played so still got decent payout

• Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

39 tonight off 9 in our WhatsApp group comp 20/19 with a scr on 17 to be beaten into 2nd ob9..16 of us played so still got decent payout

Great shooting Golfhead.

What was your lowest ever handicap ?

Great shooting Golfhead.

What was your lowest ever handicap ?

I went to 6 briefly in 2008 and have been slipping ever since

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,049 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Played my first round of Golf over weekend at my new club.

+19 overall. Only lost 1 golf ball so happy enough. Bought myself M2 driver and it’s helped with my wicked slice I had last year.

No handicap just playing for fun this year and next year I hope get one at the club

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

+19 overall. Only lost 1 golf ball so happy enough. Bought myself M2 driver and it’s helped with my wicked slice I had last year.

No handicap just playing for fun this year and next year I hope get one at the club

Why not get one now? It'll allow you to play opens in a few months at other clubs plus playing with a card in your hand and chasing a good score in comps for me is the best thrill about golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Seriously. If you want to improve then get your handicap asap. Nothing like it to focus you

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭kennethrhcp

if you're out & playing & you're able to hand in 3 cards at the mo (I don't know with the current rules) def do! get your handicap asap.

when comps start back up you'll want in & if you progress your game you'll be happy out seeing your handicap come down

Cheers for advice, you know what I think your’re right. I should just go for it.

Thing is do these 3 cards have be signed by another member? Thing is I’m new to area and don’t know anyone at club at minute as we moved house this year.

Cheers for advice, you know what I think your’re right. I should just go for it.

Thing is do these 3 cards have be signed by another member? Thing is I’m new to area and don’t know anyone at club at minute as we moved house this year.
    Just put yourself down on Saturday or Sunday or midweek comp day and someone will be paired with you

They will be delighted to welcome new member

I am guessing you will get 14-16

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

if you're out & playing & you're able to hand in 3 cards at the mo (I don't know with the current rules) def do! get your handicap asap.

when comps start back up you'll want in & if you progress your game you'll be happy out seeing your handicap come down

yea you can get cards signed, i signed one for a new member saturday up in lisheen.
    he had a cracking driver swing. was hitting avg 275 carry i reckon and had 8 pars i reckon

What club? Must be some members here to sign cards.

I only joined a club last August. Best thing i ever done. Sick i waited so long

What club? Must be some members here to sign cards.

I only joined a club last August. Best thing i ever done. Sick i waited so long

Newcastlewest co Limerick.

I have brother a member of club in city and he has handicap so he might do..

I will look into it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭higster

Best round ever. 40 points. Ok, off 24 (24.4 to be exact), which I hate but hoping this is year it’s coming down...saying that was with a very relaxed group and didn’t look at score until 9th and 17th. To top it off missed out on a hole in one by about 2inches...now that would have been sweet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭higster

Best round ever. 40 points. Ok, off 24 (24.4 to be exact), which I hate but hoping this is year it’s coming down...saying that was with a very relaxed group and didn’t look at score until 9th and 17th. To top it off missed out on a hole in one by about 2inches...now that would have been sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

Off 16, 31 & 32 pts last weekend. Driver playing havoc, hit 2 fairways between the 2 rounds.

Played again last night 37 pts, driver a bit better, still missing fairways but not as badly. Slow start but got better on back 9. Had a couple of birdies that probably flattered the score, 60ft putt and 60 yd pitch in to walk off the 18th :D

Left me chomping at the bit to get out tomorrow again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

35 points last night, +7 of 6.

3 putted our par 5 13th. 2 putt birdie would have got me back to +1 with 5 to play.

3 bogeys and a double in last 5 holes. Couple of poor chips and one 3 putt. Best score since lockdown was lifted!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

31 points, after having 22 on the front 9. Absolutely shockingly bad back 9 with only 9 points and 3 scratches. I completely lost the run of myself, and was missing really easy shots and putts. Really frustrating, but sure it happens. Need to figure out why i can't seem to end well.

89 strokes
    No scratches
    33 points
    4 pars
    1 birdie

Putter let me down

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭pakman

33 points which was respectable considering how I was hitting the ball. It either clicks or it doesn't at the minute especially with my driver so its very frustrating. When its behaving I can really get a score going, when its not I am tinkering for 18 holes with mixed results.

34 pts in wild weather today, 18/16 again poor finish double/double from nowhere, both greenside in reg then a chip and 3 putts on both, seriously the flags in are doing my head in as I'm trying to putt into side of hole, But overall this past few weeks I'm happy with my game especially as I'm implementing a total new swing that I practiced on lockdown out the back "Stack and Tilt" anyone else doing this method ??

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Danny dyers double

34 pts in wild weather today, 18/16 again poor finish double/double from nowhere, both greenside in reg then a chip and 3 putts on both, seriously the flags in are doing my head in as I'm trying to putt into side of hole, But overall this past few weeks I'm happy with my game especially as I'm implementing a total new swing that I practiced on lockdown out the back "Stack and Tilt" anyone else doing this method ??
    Came across a video on this during the week. Have watched and read countless more on it, driving range tomorrow to try and get a feel for it

37 of 15. (20 + 17) I can play to the handicap. Just need qualifying to start to get it. And maybe a couple Ws

Started 4 pars and 2 bogies in first 6. From there on any mistake was hit with a double or triple rather than a recovery to get a gogie. Still not striking the ball as well as pre lock down.

• Advertisement

Came across a video on this during the week. Have watched and read countless more on it, driving range tomorrow to try and get a feel for it

There are quite a few videos on S&T like Nick Taylor golf, Andy Plummer,but the best and simplest one is an all out mad fecker but so easy to follow is Tom Sagudo golf, I'm not joking when I say when you discover him you nearly turn it off as some madcap eejit but his lessons are brilliant and easy to follow..check him out

Advertisement