Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round? - 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭finglashoop

First full 18 since lockdown began. Had played 2 x 12 holes last week.

42 points off 16. 21/21

80 strokes. So close to breaking 80 but made a mess off 18

1 birdie
    8 pars
    7 bogeys
    2 doubles

Playing with new irons so hopefully better to come to get consistency up and handicap down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

First full 18 since lockdown began. Had played 2 x 12 holes last week.

42 points off 16. 21/21

80 strokes. So close to breaking 80 but made a mess off 18

1 birdie
    8 pars
    7 bogeys
    2 doubles

Playing with new irons so hopefully better to come to get consistency up and handicap down

June Medal first weekend back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

Beautiful evening yesterday, (weekend looking good too) :D

37 pts off 16. Played steady not spectacular, so surprised with end score :)

5 pars
    11 bogeys
    2 doubles

Probably only the 2nd round I've ever played without scratching a hole!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Woke up early and went out for a 7:30am round. Absolutely amazing out there, and really enjoyed it. Didn't play great, with 33 points, but didn't really mind due to the weather. Got seriously warm for the last few holes, so glad i gout out early as well.

You really can't beat golf in this weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,870 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

played again yesterday morning.
    was playing with 2 slow lads, it drags you down a bit when you are 50 yards ahead of them ready to hit and you look over your shoulder to see them lasering in and working out clubs :(
    i few lazy tired shots, the kind you might hit when you loose concentration, the times you don't care because you are not competing for anything or trying to get in the buffer!
    best drive possibly since my return when i flushed one down 12, 300 yards, only a hop skip and a jump to the hole 65 yards and then i duly duff it about 20 to walk away with bogey :(
    still, 2 birdies and a lot better on the greens, only a single 3putt but i did miss a few i really should have gotten.
    34 points, cant complain with that.... back is sore today though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Kiith wrote: »
    gout

:( Plenty of water. Limit alcoholic intake. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen (NSAIDs carry risks of stomach pain, bleeding and ulcers)

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

37 pts off 9 last night to only finish 3rd in our group comp, A 41 pointer and another 37 done me, still took 10 euro for it, Can't seem to score on the front 9 only 17pts but I put this down to no usual warmup before going out for my round and it's taking me a while to get going, What better country to play golf in when we have the weather than our own little island.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

Played this morning. Absolute belter of a morning and have never seen the course in better nick. Going to be some job to keep the course hydrated if this weather comntinues. Played well with a good few birdies.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭pakman

38 points tonight off 16. Could have been great with 36 under my belt after 16 but I scratched the 17th and 3 putted the last. 17 was drive into the bunker, thinned shot out the back of the green, duff, shank, 3 putt. I'll wake up to cold sweats thinking of that one.

Started out par, par, birdie, double (index 2), par, par and hit the ball as good as i ever have but found 5-6 bunkers on the back nine that killed me and honestly started playing defensively from hole 7 on.

Just need to stick to whats working because its fun not overthinking my swing like I am so prone to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭doublecross

34pts which included 3 OOB, so not bad. Got 18 holes in 3 hours (3 balls), it was a joy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Some scoring there lads. How can any of you be disappointed with not shooting over 34 points? Are your tracks very easy? What normally wins a stableford comp?

Some scoring there lads. How can any of you be disappointed with not shooting over 34 points? Are your tracks very easy? What normally wins a stableford comp?

For me forward tees, great greens, and the ball going that little bit further on the fairways makes me think I should be shooting good scores. Most people I know are hitting mid 30's scores but maybe they are being a little more generous to themselves in casual rounds :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭finglashoop

91 strokes for 31 points off 16

Weather is glorious. Ball is flying a mile out there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

39 points off 16 yesterday. 21 out on the much harder front 9 and 16 in back with 3 scratches.
    Ball is travelling a lot further but I hit nearly all of the fairways to take advantage of the run. Rolled in some great putts too.
    Overall really happy with my ball striking after the break.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,816 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

3 over for 9 - played a bit better than that. Delight with my game. Putting very well - just that odd fat shot costing me.
    Tough wind at times - but some distance on the ball at present.

It is terrible some people can't play - and timesheets already a problem - will be interesting how things progress - I'd say it will nearly be only 1/2 games a week for most of the summer.

9 holes was working very well in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Rippeditup

Joined Stackstown this week and played today, first game in about a year and shot 78 with after being 5 over thru 4.,.,
    Been practicing a good bit but slow start (not young anymore) but got it going..

Greens are fast and confusing but course looking great, first card for a new handicap.,. Played 4 games in 5 years but aiming to get back low after break due to kids

All over the place today. 2 birdies, 2 pars and a bunch of doubles. My chipping and putting is good, but the long game (especially my long irons) are killing me. Only did 14 holes but half of those were a total right off with at least one shot putting my in absolutely stupid positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

A bad 37, not bad you may say but after been 27pts (level par gross) after 11 then putting to go 1 under on 12 and 3 putting for bogey the wheels loosened and eventually fell off, A miraculous up and down on the last for a bogey 5 as well kind of saved a bit of pride

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

34 points last night off 6 with a ding at the last!

3 wood off the tee quite a bit. Ping G410, such a lovely club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭willabur

34 points last night off 6 with a ding at the last!

3 wood off the tee quite a bit. Ping G410, such a lovely club.
    I've the driver, 5w and hybrid. I absolutely love the 5w

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,762 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Shot an 82 yesterday for my best round in a long time. Bunkers out of play which did help but its the best I've struck it in at least 2 years. Had been playing atrocious upto the corona.

FIR 11/14
    GIR 9/18
    36 putts.

8 bogies
    1 double
    9 pars.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

Comes home.... Grunts...... Rings proshop...... Books lesson....about 20 points

40 points today, which is my best rounds since we got back. Hit the ball really well, and chipping was excellent. 24 points on the front, with two birdies, but fell away in the back 9 again, with only 16 (including a calamitous scratch on 18). Think i need to stop carrying my bag, as i get bloody tired by the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭blue note

32 points today playing off 14. Best round since the restart. Just 4 pars, 5 3 putt bogies.

By far the two highlights though were 2 monster drives. 290m on the 3rd. At clipped a corner of rough. If it was a metre right it would have run down a slope and gone another 15m. Of course it was buried in the rough and I had to punch out and hope for the best. It ran across the fairway and I did well to get it onto the green and two putt for a bogey. That's links golf! The second drive was 298 metres. That was fun.

Kiith wrote: »
    40 points today, which is my best rounds since we got back. Hit the ball really well, and chipping was excellent. 24 points on the front, with two birdies, but fell away in the back 9 again, with only 16 (including a calamitous scratch on 18). Think i need to stop carrying my bag, as i get bloody tired by the end of it.

Jesus that's exactly how i scored today. Had 24 on the front and 36 points after 14. Followed with a scratch on 18th and two one pointers and a 2 just before. Played my best nine ever to start though ending up 2 over.

I blamed the burger stop on 13 rather than the bag :)

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭GolfNut33

Some huge scores being reported from our course lately. High 30's normal and some mid to high 40's coming in. As a low HC player this frightens me.

I know this is down to the ball running out due to the firm fairways but I'm calculating what I have to shoot to score that and I know it's very very difficult to compete with it.

Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Neewollah

I would find the same Golfnut. Just playing a few games between 6 of us since back. 2 of the guys mid to high handicappers and in these conditions the are averaging about 38 points after 5 rounds. Good few rounds 40 plus. Means I have to shoot level par or better to compete. That doesn't happen often!!! The lads will owe me plenty of pints when the bar reopens after taking all the fivers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭blue note

I wouldn't worry about it. I suspect they wouldn't shoot those scores in comps. Suddenly the tees are back a bit, they don't get the gimmes, they have to play out of divots, etc. People can be very generous to themselves in practice rounds.

But mainly, you hear of the great scores and that distorts your perception of how people are actually doing.i find that in this thread to be honest, everyone seems to constantly be shooting over 36 points. Then if you look at the Sunday scores on hdid. they're much lower than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

I usually save the bad round reports until I get a good round, bit of a bad round /good round sandwich post :D

Buffer at best for me so far with not terrible golf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Still trying to get used to playing off 15 and psychology of it

Saturday - 84 - 37 points (18 + 19) [6 pars, 11 bogies, 1 triple]
    Was in agony all the way round with a bad back and couldnt hit an iron shot because of it. Wasnt effected on tees but scrambled amazingly to have at least 10 putts inside a foot

Monday - 91 - 30 points [7 pars, 4 bogies, 4 doubles 3 triples]
    No pain at all but basically slicing everything and finding trouble everywhere. Chipping yips, not getting out of bunkers. 4 pars and 2 triples on first 6 holes summed it up!

Advertisement