Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round? - 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭willabur

etxp wrote: »

Im a bit afraid, I haven't shot a round over handicap since golf returned so a terrible round is just around the corner. :O

Or a great one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

willabur wrote: »
    Or a great one?

Hopefully not before comps are back. Back to single figures is the goal this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,871 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

took a 3 putt :( on the 10th yesterday in Castleknock for a par after flushing 2 pure strikes, but after that minor hiccup, went par, bogey, par, bogey, birdie, birdie, bogey and left it half a roll short for birdie on 18. 2 lips outs in there on 17 & 14. 17 was a soft miss from not much more than 2 foot, but slight downhill breaker which a never easy.... but i still shoulda hit it harder!
    It was off the forward stick and playing easy, but still rock solid +1 for 9 holes which I was very happy with.

But putting is killing me.
    We won't discuss the front 9 save

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭blue note

20 points on 13 holes last night. Not the worst I suppose. I had 4 scratches and a 4 putt for a point on 9, so they didn't help. 2nd hole I've no idea where my ball went. Hit a wedge to what I thought was the middle of the fairway. Must have taken an unmerciful kick into the rough. 12th hole I must have caught the rough with my drive. 9 times out of 10 you'll be able to punch out and go for the green on regulation with a mid iron still. But this ball vanished. 7 and 11 no excuse. I mi**** two irons and deserved to lose those balls. And 4 putt on 9 was a killer. A three putt would have been understandable, it was probably a 60 foot putt to begin with. But I snatched at my second putt and hit it about 6 feet past the hole. Can't excuse that either.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭davegilly

36pts off 19

Haven't gotten more than 35 points since July last year. Game is gone to ****. Playing this evening and will par 5 or 6 holes and will scratch 1 or two at most hopefully. Have never played a round without a scratch so will be happy with that. In all likelihood my driving will be fine for the first 9 or 10 holes and then fall apart. I plan on making a complete mess of the short 17th, maybe driving OB or into the bunker, not sure which yet but should if all goes to plan, be one of my scratches.

Then, with the head dropped and all cares shrugged away I should par or better the last as usual to put a smile back on my face and wonder..................what if :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Off 16

17/18

2 pars on the front 9
    5 bogeys

Hit a 7 iron into the first that carried about 140 and rolled and rolled thru green and down hill off the back - 221 yards in total. Couldnt believe it

Doubled 8 and 9 after being held up and just losing momentum.

Got going again for 3 pars 5 bogeys coming back.

Another delay and i took a 9 on the on the par 5 16th.

Used shot scope v2 for the first time and the difference with not having to use hole 19 app for shot tracking and distance was noticable, to me anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

37 points off 17 today.

Went out without my driver (for obvious reasons) and my woods, as i really need to work on my irons. Actually started hitting the ball really well by reigning in my backswing to around 75% of normal, and didn't really lose any distance which may have been the humidity. Fell away in the back 9, with a scratch and 2 double bogeys, but overall quite good. Really excited to see what i can do once i get my driver back and hopefully keep hitting my irons well.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Rippeditup

First time feeling like it was coming together last night, played 13 holes in Stackstown and was +1 with 2 silly bogies on par 3's from sloppy pitches...

Was so happy with my driving, wedge game and putting... Still only getting back playing after a long long break but was nice in the rain to feel so comfortable again and scoring as the last few rounds my short game killed me with blades and fat pitches so total lack of confidence

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭pakman

34 points yesterday evening off 16. 3 scratches in there from wild tee shots but irons were really good so managed to still score. My driver is killing me

Trying to fix it during the round and going from slices to hooks. Might need to go to the range at some point if this keeps up.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,210 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

29 points, a battle between 2 points or scratches. At least it stayed dry

• Advertisement

willabur wrote: »
    Or a great one?

The good round came!

41pts, with a scratch and one 1pointer.
    18/23
    Had an average front nine, scratched the first putting my second shot OB and missed a 6 footer for the 1point.

Back nine was probably my best back nine, was -1 going up the last, 80 yards left and thinned my wedged though the back of the green ended with a bogey and level for the back nine.

Very happy with how I played bit the OB second shot and the thinned wedge on the last stick with me more than the good out of the round.

Have started tracking scores using Golfshot too so have attached the score card.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

32 off 13. Copy and paste again. Started with par bogey par for 8 points. Good feelings then scratched the next 3 holes. 7 more points brought the front 9 to a finish.
    Back 9 started with bogey then 2 good pars on 2 tough holes. Bogeys all the way home.
    Tough weather conditions for last few holes.
    Just gotta stop those holes with scratches.

Conditions were tough tonight, really really tough

Didn't track score but was playing matchplay vs a considerably better player. Had my ass well and truly handed to me 4 and 3. That said my short game was better than ever. Lipped out 3 long range putts which would have made it interesting but when your up against someone who is parring every hole you've no chance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭blue note

23 points on 18 holes off 14. Didn't feel I played as bad as the score, but some terrible shots out of nowhere in he middle of it and so many wasted scoring chances.

Chipping was a problem all day. I was beside the second green in two, his chance of an up and down par. Boned it, didn't get up and down for the bogey, no points.

3rd hole I might have had a fresh air hacking out of the rough. Then successfully hacked out to leave myself 170m to the flag. Nailed the six iron, almost got the bogey, but ended with a double for a point.

Conventional pars on 4 and 5. Close for he bird on 4. Mad slice on a three quarter wedge on 6 in the tee. Replayed the tee shot and was very close for the bogey, but ended with a double.

Perfect tee shot on 7, but landed in a divot. Came up just short of the green with my second but ran back down to the gully in front of the green. Flag on the bottom tier and my chip ran to the top tier. Ended up three putting for a six.

Perfect tee shot on 8. Shank a wedge into the rough for my second. Took two to hack out. Ended up holing a decent putt for another double. Then a mad slice on par 3 9th. Hacked out of rough and flew into the greenside lake. Ended with a triple.

Tee shot just short of green on 10. Terrible chip, did well to two putt for a bogey.

Drove par 4 green on 11. Three putt from 20 feet for a pat.

Driver, 8i to greenside bunker on par 5 12. Took two to get out, chip on, 2 putt. Double for no points.

Just came up short on par 3 13th. Chip on and three putt for a double.

Par 4 14th I thought I was middle of the green with my second. Must have been long, no sign of it. Scratch.

Greenside on par 4 15th. Chip and a three putt for another double.

Good par on index two 16 into the wind.

Good bogey on par 3 17. Very unlucky to roll back off the green with my tee shot.

And a good double bogey (3 off the tee) on the 18th.

Shocking score as always, but my play isn't all that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Danny dyers double

Played Moyvally on Friday evening as a members guest. Early March since my last round. But have put in alot of time into practice especially chipping. And for the last 2 weeks iv been trying the stack and tilt golf swing.

Had been marking of 22 with the society I'm in but with all the practice of late I said I'd count my next 3 rounds in strokes and see where I'm at.

102 on the night but by far the best round iv played. Started par, par, db, db, par.
    The 2 doubles where caused from hitting my second shots too long. I was literally hitting every iron 20 yards or so longer.
    Holes 7,8and 9 done damage to the card.
    If you know Moyvally you will agree its very easy to lose a ball if you are not on the fairways. The rough was cut right down but its that sort of fluffy hey that if you don't know exactly where you went in you won't find it.
    2 shot penalty on 7
    1 shot penalty on 8
    4 shot on 9 ( terrible drive that I couldn't find and had to drop in rough. Hit 8i quite decent towards green but must of got landed in rough along the left side. Lost ball)
    2 shot penalty on 12
    2 shot on 15 ( we all seen the drive land on edge of fairway. Lost ball)
    1 shot on 18

Lots of positives to take forward. Chipping which was by far my biggest weakness has greatly improved. Now I did hit 2 terrible ones but I'll take that all day from where I was.
    Irons this was the gamechanger for me. Was flushing them all night, as I said previously I was hitting them further then I ever have.
    Only negative was on 18 for my second shot I took out the pw to lay up. Full of confidence at this stage, I literally shank it 30 yards to the right into the rough. Quickly brought down to earth again.
    Woods and hybrids I hit well bar one 3hy I hooked into rough from a decent position.
    Putting a few 3 putts but also had 2 decent long enough ones drop in.
    Driver this was the only negative on the night. I have read alot struggle with driving using stack and tilt. It started great, first 2 where bombs, straight and long. 4rd hole not bad but abit over drawn. 6th hole is trouble all the way down the right. I went right, found the ball but had to drop. 7th pushed it right but was still in play.
    8th massive hook straight out of play. Playing 3 off the tee and I knock that down about 30 yards. 9th another massive hook left towards the path to clubhouse. Lost ball.
    So I reverted back to previous swing for just driving on back nine. Lost 2 drives I taught I'd easily find on edge of fairways on 12 and 15.

So more time with the driver on the range during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

I’m consistent with my scores. Between 80 and 84 for the last 12 rounds.

Started well today with just a double and a bogey on the front 9. A run of 4 holes from 11 to 14 ruined my score to finish with an 82 off 9 so 34 points.

Wind was tough and feel the game is there just haven’t been able to put it all together and avoid the disasters.

One of the biggest club comps is scheduled for the first weekend back so target is to qualify for that

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Shot an 82 yesterday for my best round in a long time. Bunkers out of play which did help but its the best I've struck it in at least 2 years. Had been playing atrocious upto the corona.

FIR 11/14
    GIR 9/18
    36 putts.

8 bogies
    1 double
    9 pars.

Shot an 90 yesterday, played quite well but lot of work needed on chipping and putting, also approach to the green needs to be better.

FIR 8/14
    GIR 3/18

34 putts.

1 birdie
    3 pars
    10 bogies
    3 doubles
    1 triple

3 doubles came when didn't hit the fairway and had to chip out sideways (course is bowling alley narrow) 1 triple was blading it through the greens and not being able to hack out of a bush. Was very windy so that's my excuse :)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

28 points off 16 today. Some good golf in the middle but I find I'm starting poorly every round since returning. Maybe no warming up. Getting 2 points off first 3 leaving me with uphill battle from the off.
    Found I tired on the way home and scratched last 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭higster

36 points off 24.
    4 Pars, 8 bogies, 3 dbl bogies and the other 3 scratches...par 3, on in 1 and proceed to 5 putt (after a run of of 12 holes of 1 or 2 putts). But overall happy, if could figure out driver would be flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

21 points off 18. Putting in some practice on clubs (3 wood and 60 degree wedge) I generally shy away from when playing more serious golf as I have no confidence using them. Need to get a better feel for them on the course.

• Advertisement

6 pars
    3 doubkes

17/20

Hit irons really well.

First round with a new putter so hoping the change will do me good.

Some change in the weather with distance and roll out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Due to a torn ACL last May I played first 9 holes in over 12 months last Tuesday and it was as expected, 7 points off 12!!!! It was shocking... got myself to the range to dust of cobwebs for a few nights after that and played another 9 holes yesterday evening and had 20 points! Could have actually been even better but for 2 hooked drives on the 1st and 2nd.....last 5 holes I had 3 pars and 2 birds!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,871 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Seve OB wrote: »
    It was off the forward stick and playing easy, but still rock solid +1 for 9 holes which I was very happy with.

But putting is killing me.

We won't discuss the front 9 save

after this I played a similar round in greystones last wednesday, +12 or something stupid on the front 9 and +2 on the back 9. highlights were playing from the trees on 13 and sticking it to about 6 inches. and on the par 5 15th i was pin high, but on the adjoining tee box with my second shot. about 30 yards at most to the pin, but probably about 70 foot tall trees in the way. opened up the lob wedge and a full swing saw a perfect connection, judged the height nicely over the trees, and the ball dropped about 2 foot from the hole and barely moved so a nice birdie. again it could have been better if i could putt..... but there was definite improvements.

this morning in Castleknock, tee to green was only OK, started bogey, bogey, double
    :( then nearly chipped in for birdie on the 4th, so a solid par, tee shot found the bunker on the 5th and it resulted in me having to chip in with my 3rd and left myself a tricky downhill 4 foot, but back of the net for another par. found the water on the par 5 6th with my tee shot, rescued a bogey. then a run of par, par, birdie (15foot putt), par. a good shot in to the par 3 11th left me about 15 foot but a breaker. rolled over the lip but a bit hard and it kept going....... missed the one back :( wasn't to disapointed though as the first putt was actually very good, just a little hard. nearly chipped in again on 12 so another handy par. another nice roll from about 20 foot on 13... another birdie. trouble on 14, had to drop and got close to the green, a bad chip though barely made the edge of the green, but the blade was heating up, another 20foot putt dropped for bogey on the index 1. good drive on 15 rolled out of fairway and just got caught up in the rough. wasn't able to get a clean contact and missed the green badly but a brutal chip left me having to chip again. a good one this time, again, close to going in rolled 3 foot past. the type of putts ive been missing 100% of the time lately, no trouble today though... but a bogey. flushed it down the par5 16th, caught my 6 iron a little fat and it just took a bit of distance out of it and came up slightly short...... guess what....i rolled the chip for eagle over the hole an left myself about 2 foot downhill with a little break, last week i would have talked myself out of it.... not today though... another birdie.
    got under the drive on 17, went about 60 yards. made a great bogey 5. rolled a 30 foot putt on 18 around the hole but it wouldn't drop :(

so +4 after 3. +6 after 18 which included a 3 putt and 2 penalties and some missed chances. thats the kind of golf that makes me think one day i do have the ability to shoot a level par round......... someday :D

30 points today, in pissing rain. Started well enough, but between the rain and the flies, it was bloody hard to concentrate. Had a lot of putts just stay out, and two of them going in and popping out, which was frustrating, but i didn't 3 putt all day which is good. Didn't particularly enjoy the round, but not that unhappy with how i was hitting it.

The new shaft on my driver is an inch or two longer then my old one, and it's taking some getting used to.

39 points of 13
    8/11 fir
    11/18 gir
    37 putts
    2 birds
    6 pars
    9 bogies and a scratch

Overall game is in great nick. My putting is really really poor. 3 putts coming from lack of feel on long putts and next to no confidence on 3 footers

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭bamayang

Played 13 holes last night, 28 points off 18. Had two monster putts drop for birdies, but had 2 scratches and a few three puts for good measure as well.
    If i could just get rid of the 3 putts, id be able get the h/c down.

91 strokes
    13/18

Playing well but putting is killing me. Second round with a new putter so hoping i can improve with it. Mainly pace is the issue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Due to a torn ACL last May I played first 9 holes in over 12 months last Tuesday and it was as expected, 7 points off 12!!!! It was shocking... got myself to the range to dust of cobwebs for a few nights after that and played another 9 holes yesterday evening and had 20 points! Could have actually been even better but for 2 hooked drives on the 1st and 2nd.....last 5 holes I had 3 pars and 2 birds!

Good form continued last night. Another 9 holes another 20 points. 6 pars, 2 bogies and a scratch. Scratch was a killer, absolutely creamed my drive to leave me about 90 yards from the pin. Then shanked my wedge into the drink!! That was on the 6th, recovered well then to par 7,8 and 9.

Cant remember the last time I had 2 solid rounds back to back so hopefully this form will hang around for the remainder of the Summer/Autumn!!

Good form continued last night. Another 9 holes another 20 points. 6 pars, 2 bogies and a scratch. Scratch was a killer, absolutely creamed my drive to leave me about 90 yards from the pin. Then shanked my wedge into the drink!! That was on the 6th, recovered well then to par 7,8 and 9.

Cant remember the last time I had 2 solid rounds back to back so hopefully this form will hang around for the remainder of the Summer/Autumn!!

You cant beat creaming a drive and the making a balls off the wedge shot.

• Advertisement

etxp wrote: »
    You cant beat creaming a drive and the making a balls off the wedge shot.

Isn't that what you're meant to do? :pac:

Advertisement