Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[February 17-19 2012, Cannes - France] World Game Cup 2012

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Great trip, would definitely go again.

Thanks to Chopper and Doom for pushing us to go, booking the room, etc.
    Fergus_ wrote: »
    Footage/vlogs plz
    Those of an audiovisual bent especially welcome. I desire to live vicariously through you all.

In an unexpected turn of events (surprising even me), I ended up doing a lot of vlogging.... on a Nintendo 3DS.

It's all terrible quality, and completely unedited; but that also meant I could upload everything from the trip to youtube in about 15 minutes.

Once that was done, I made most of the videos public, did some slapdash tagging and strung them together into a playlist, which can be watched here:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA1291A23AC9FB6C2&feature=mh_lolz

This is the first time I've done anything like this, so feedback is appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Nicely done Prinny! I enjoyed watching it, looks like you lads had some fun! And if not, at least the revenue from those MaccyD advertisements will be a nice money maker!!! :D

Monkeyto wrote: »
    Nicely done Prinny! I enjoyed watching it, looks like you lads had some fun! And if not, at least the revenue from those MaccyD advertisements will be a nice money maker!!! :D

Yeah, I wasn't kidding about it being our official home. I never eat there in Ireland, but we went there pretty much once or twice a day each.

It was the only bloody place I could get a cup of coffee "to go".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Yeah, I wasn't kidding about it being our official home. I never eat there in Ireland, but we went there pretty much once or twice a day each.

It was the only bloody place I could get a cup of coffee "to go".

Y'all needed more Frosties and Miel Pops in your diet.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

http://www.twitch.tv/team/wgc2012

Thats where all the archive footage seems to be, main stage english is armshouse, not sure which french one is which though!

• Advertisement

http://www.twitch.tv/team/wgc2012

Thats where all the archive footage seems to be, main stage english is armshouse, not sure which french one is which though!

I found my deliciously scrubby Skullgirls match there.

www.twitch.tv/swga_maho/b/308951162?t=3h28m47s

"This peacock wants to win!"

You bet your ass I did!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Just after Skullgirls ends you'll see a bunch of us standing around and waving at the camera for a few minutes and then Voa plays some BB.

It's a shame they don't have Sunday's SG games up in the archive. There were actually some half decent games in those sets.

(Though a week after SG is actually released I'll probably look at said decent games and vomit in someone's garden.)

Your SG matches might be up in a day or two Sai.

When I checked the Armstrong archive last night, the Skullgirls stuff I linked wasn't there yet.
    Sairus wrote: »

(Though a week after SG is actually released I'll probably look at said decent games and vomit in someone's garden.)

Not unless Aileen headbutts a granny first.

Some of my awful matches shown here: www.twitch.tv/swga_maho/b/308951162?t=3h12m28s
    I apparently had no idea how to land command grabs with Cerabella or combos with either her or Valentine at this point :D
    Who needs combos when you can grab into low damage supers?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Naphiel/ Nutrient, could you give me your second names, Tengu is looking for them. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA1291A23AC9FB6C2&feature=mh_lolz

This is the first time I've done anything like this, so feedback is appreciated.

For some reason, youTube won't load anything but the last video I watched from that playlist :confused:

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    For some reason, youTube won't load anything but the last video I watched from that playlist :confused:

Clear your cache and hard refresh the page?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

The 3D effect was subtle but i really felt i could just rach out and touch those Mcflurrys

The 3D effect was subtle but i really felt i could just rach out and touch those Mcflurrys

I didn't do any recording in 3D, but even if I did, you could only watch it on a 3DS :p

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fake_roogle

sounds like you guys missed out on the gdlk baguette stand :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I got a baguette from a really good baguette stand.

I was rockin' the baguette stand too.

Yeah I had a baguette too, no Kebreakfast though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Yeah I had a baguette too, no Kebreakfast though

Son-I-am-Disappoint.jpg

son+_29f1c49127e71bb8cf304102ace66f0a.jpg

Waitwaitwait.

Why isn't Madden on that list [of people going]?

Son-I-am-Disappoint.jpg

son+_29f1c49127e71bb8cf304102ace66f0a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

uploaded loads of vids from WGC 2012 including us playing vs Mago!
    the vids are all on my youtube channel www.youtube.com/user/ladnopoka
    Spread the word! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭kurama_tengu

Just a stupid question: Did someone e-mail the two "unlucky campers" about their free compensatory tourney registration ticket for the WGC2K13?

Get them to PM me for details (before February ^^).

Just a stupid question: Did someone e-mail the two "unlucky campers" about their free compensatory tourney registration ticket for the WGC2K13?

Get them to PM me for details (before February ^^).

I did, I can also resend the email if you like?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭kurama_tengu

No it's fine thanks, I'm just checking if everything is in order ^^.

Don't forget to remind us when the time comes, that's all.

Advertisement