Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[February 17-19 2012, Cannes - France] World Game Cup 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

For the guys flying on Friday- you should really sort out an Xbox. Not that I think any of us would have a problem sharing but 11 people doing winner stays on on 3 different games on 1 machine would be pushing it :)

Unfortunatly i'm fairly sure none of us have a hold bag booked, and i think everyone except Nutrient and myself is bringing a stick. Now we all know what answer you're going to get if you ask a girl to give up an Xbox 360-sized ammount of room in her one carry on bag for a weekend in france so.... :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Unfortunatly i'm fairly sure none of us have a hold bag booked, and i think everyone except Nutrient and myself is bringing a stick. Now we all know what answer you're going to get if you ask a girl to give up an Xbox 360-sized ammount of room in her one carry on bag for a weekend in france so.... :p

So nutrient should bring one or someone should give him one, and then the others should give him some room in their bags so he's not left without :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I don't know if you want a census of people with/without consoles, but I'm going tomorrow and not bringing one.

Chopper's bringing his, team Wednesday don't need to worry.

Well, worry about THAT, we will have Chunkis in a room with us :D

(A small aside- only kidding, Chunkis is a good laugh to have at these things)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I'll be at the airport from 04.00 tonight, so I'm pretty sure I'll be on time for the flight :)
    And worry not, hair or no hair my bandana archives are still extensive.

• Advertisement

Sairus wrote: »
    I'll be at the airport from 04.00 tonight, so I'm pretty sure I'll be on time for the flight :)
    And worry not, hair or no hair my bandana archives are still extensive.

That's commitment there lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

Cant believe its tomorrow already! im so excited for this! ill be in airport at 8-9.

ladnopoka wrote: »
    Cant believe its tomorrow already! im so excited for this! ill be in airport at 8-9.

:) 8 might be a tad too early ladno, they won't even let you get your boarding pass til 2 hours before the flight!

Yeah I am hype too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

With a little tetris style packing it is possible to fit a stick, Xbox and clothes into a carry-on bag. Just need someone to take the PSU for the console. Although it mightn't be possible if the stick is a TE or a comparable size.

I'd also like to point out that I hate you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Please get a lot of vlogs and footage!

• Advertisement

I promise I will be on full vlog mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

If i'm not mistaken Naphiel is bringing a bag along with his hand luggage so Im sure if space isn't an issue he would be more then happy to obilge to carry 1 extra stick

I may be able to fit a stick in my bag also:)

Nutrient wrote: »
    If i'm not mistaken Naphiel is bringing a bag along with his hand luggage so Im sure if space isn't an issue he would be more then happy to obilge to carry 1 extra stick

I think an xbox should be your priority tbh... sticks, we can share if needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

I think an xbox should be your priority tbh... sticks, we can share if needs be.

ofc, My Xbox will be brought over in Napiel's bag

We'll grab a plug converter in the airport.

We'll grab a plug converter in the airport.

I have a spare from last year. I'll dig that out and bring it along.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Jun is bringing a bag as well so we should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Protip: Bring an extension lead, then you can use 4 sockets with 1 convertor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

PPC wrote: »
    Protip: Bring an extension lead, then you can use 4 sockets with 1 convertor.

And a scart plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

If you need to use a two pin into a three pin (say if you buy a french piece of electrogismo) Get a three pin plug, and plug the earth pin in upside down in its slot, to allow you to plug in your two pin plug below.

I'm web checked-in for both flights. I'm kinda surprised about the return flight, dunno if it's a new service but you can now "Advance check in" yourself into web-only flights between 30 days and 30 hours before the flight.

That's pretty cool.

Do we need AE discs?

• Advertisement

I'm web checked-in for both flights. I'm kinda surprised about the return flight, dunno if it's a new service but you can now "Advance check in" yourself into web-only flights between 30 days and 30 hours before the flight.

That's pretty cool.

Do we need AE discs?

I guess bring one just to be sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Attention Friday shoppers! Can I put a screwdriver and some electrical tape in someone's carry on in case I need to emergency repair my stick.

Voa wrote: »
    Attention Friday shoppers! Can I put a screwdriver and some electrical tape in someone's carry on in case I need to emergency repair my stick.

Checked luggage surely.

You're not going to get a screwdriver onto a plane in carry on.

...I'm working on powerpoint slides.

Brain go derpderp.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

Sup guys,

Just a few things,

When going away its always a good idea to share contact information with at least 2 people in case anything should happen while we are away. So i would suggest that each person email or private message there home contact details to doom and voa.

its also a good idea to get travel insurance, i never bother unless i go somewhere like japan or the us, but its always better to be safe than sorry.

One more thing, just a quick reminder about the 100ml rule, so no shaving cream or liquids over 100lm, that goes for aftershave too.

and finally its always a good idea to photocopy your passport and email it to yourself, just in case you lose it or it gets nicked.

Safe journey

And Sairus arrives at the airport 6 hours early. Time to have an adventure!

...or sit patiently in a corner until the plane gets here.

And so, Sairus learned to play Guile that day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I expect plenty of twitter, facebook irc and forum updates.

Those of an audiovisual bent especially welcome. I desire to live vicariously through you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Well we all made it to Nice okay.

Advertisement