Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[February 17-19 2012, Cannes - France] World Game Cup 2012

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Nutrient, they don't take anything off your card til you show up on their door, so relax a little :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Nutrient, they don't take anything off your card til you show up on their door, so relax a little :)

Okay I'll relax:)

Just wanna make sure everything goes smoothly

Nutrient wrote: »
    Okay I'll relax:)

Just wanna make sure everything goes smoothly

I appreciate that, and it's good policy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

Nutrient wrote: »

The price overall will be around 177 to 200 all together depending on how many people are coming

Good god Nutrient, are you booking the Presidential Suite?? Myself and Voa got our room, which takes three, for €89 for the three nights between us or something like that!

EDIT: Just checked , sorry, it is €177 for our room, i thought it was a lot less than that when i booked it.. :/. Anyway, we have room for one more if you need to bump someone to us!

Good god Nutrient, are you booking the Presidential Suite?? Myself and Voa got our room, which takes three, for €89 for the three nights between us or something like that!

EDIT: Just checked , sorry, it is €177 for our room, i thought it was a lot less than that when i booked it.. :/. Anyway, we have room for one more if you need to bump someone to us!

Thanks appreciate it:)

Just wanna make sure everybody has a place sorted

You guys probably got it cheaper because the booking was weeks in advance to the event

• Advertisement

Done the booking, now we play the waiting game

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKZLGG_TjVtYL-kYdYpP-aP6YHXJcW7GEN9UnpBvDmZbyecLYy8g

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

I think I'm going to give it a miss this time but I'm itching to play Soul in a major. I'll be sure to hit you guys up when SvB comes around and if you're up at Slayers (and anyone is playing SC5), I'll see you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭kurama_tengu

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
    World Game Cup 2012[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]5th Edition – Palais des Festivals de Cannes[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]February 17th to 19th 2012[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Third Announcement[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Presentation:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Set in the heart of the Festival International des Jeux, in the prestigious Palais des Festivals de Cannes, a world-renown, exceptional place, the World Game Cup is an arena where the best fighters from every continent will fight to the finish during three fun-filled days.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhIEVLFk9B8[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The Official Games of the 2012 Edition:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition v.2012 (Solo & 3vs3)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]-SOLO TOURNAMENT WITH A $5000 CASH-PRIZE![/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]-The Top 8 of the Solo Tourney get Seeding points, and the Winner a Round Ticket & Lodging for the Shadowloo Showdown 2012[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Soulcalibur V (Solo & 3vs3)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]-SOLO TOURNAMENT WITH A $2500 CASH-PRIZE![/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]-The Top 8 of the Solo Tourney get Seeding points for the Shadowloo Showdown 2012[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (Solo & 3vs3)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]-SOLO TOURNAMENT WITH A $2500 CASH-PRIZE![/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]-The Top 8 of the Solo Tourney get Seeding points for the Shadowloo Showdown 2012[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The King Of Fighters XIII (Solo & 2vs2)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]-SOLO TOURNAMENT "WITH THE LARGEST CASH-PRIZE EVER FOR A KOF TOURNEY!" (cf. eLivepro.Frionel)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition (Solo & 2vs2)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend (Solo)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The King Of Fighters 2002 UM (3vs3)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Mortal Kombat (Solo) The Internet denizens choice[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Special Events:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Play the fighting games of tomorrow before your friends![/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Witness exhibitions & enter tournaments of:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Street Fighter X Tekken (Solo & 2vs2) – Registration only available at the venue[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Solo & 2vs2) – Registration only available at the venue[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Skullgirls (Solo) – Registration only available at the venue[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]>>> Tournaments winners will be awarded part of the prize-pool, including gifts (arcade sticks , games, headsets...) and/or cash-prizes. One may only register on the official website. Entry spots are subject to availability[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The World Team Cup 2012:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]More than a huge tournament venue open to everybody, the World Game Cup also is an incredible place where one can witness an unforgettable show: the world's first national team based fighting game competition![/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]World Team Cup of Super Street Fighter IV AE[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]World Team Cup of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]World Team Exhibition of Soulcalibur V[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]>>> Note: competition reserved to national teams. The selectors' & team members' lists will be available on the official website. The following lists are temporary.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition v.2012[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Algeria[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Belgium[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]France[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Greece[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ireland[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Italy[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Japan[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The Netherlands[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Norway[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Portugal[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Spain[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Switzerland[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The United Kingdom[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]SoulCalibur V[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Belgium[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Germany/Austria[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Spain[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ireland[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The Netherlands[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Portugal[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]New in the 2012 Edition:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]>>> The exhibitions:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Watch the exhibitions where the best players of Street Fighter X Tekken, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 & Skullgirls will show their skill and don't miss the exceptional show on Super Street Fighter IV AE V.2012 where the Dream WORLD Team will face the Dream EUROPEAN Team in a 12 on 12 slugfest!!![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]>>> The free SFXT tournament:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]CAPCOM France decided to offer the Fighting Game Community a FREE Street Fighter X Tekken Tournament at this World Game Cup!!![/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]No, you’re not dreaming, to enter this Official Tournament of SFXT at the World Game Cup, all you’ll have to do is to register for at least one other tournament… and to be among the first to come see us at the registration booth on Friday morning![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]>>> The SS2K12*qualifiers:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Shadowloo and the World Game Cup Association proudly present the Shadowloo Showdown x World Game Cup Qualifier Event![/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The Shadowloo Showdown is the largest tournament in the Asia-Pacific region, the pride & joy of Australia, and as we are, after all, the largest tournament in Europe: it's an incredible opportunity to be able partner-up to do great things together.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The SS2K12 will take place on May 5th & 6th 2012 in beautiful Melbourne, Australia.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnJqnW2NCpI[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]>>> A perfect stream:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Two permanent stream channels, with dual commentary in English & French on the main stream.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The complete schedule & commentators' list are available on the official website.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]World Game Cup 2012 V.I.P.'s:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The V.I.P.'s (Very Important Players) will join in droves for the 2012 edition of the World Game Cup. They're among the best players in the world on their respective games. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Here is a list that will be completed on the official website with each new VIP entrant:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Fuudo (JP) [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]MCZ.TTC|Tokido (JP)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]MCZ.TOPANGA|Mago (JP)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]eLivepro|BAS (JP)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]eLivepro|RF (JP)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]eLivepro|MOV (JP)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Oosuka (JP)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Sousuhi (JP)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Mochi-a (JP) [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]eLivepro|Alioune (FR)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]eLivepro|Kayane (FR)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]MCZ.Western Wolves|Prodigal Son (UK)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]MCZ.Western Wolves|F-Word (UK)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]MCZ.WDM|Cuongster (FR)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]MCZ.WDM|V-Ryu (CH)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]MCZ.WDM|Evans (FR)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]MCZ.WDM|Luffy (FR)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]MCZ.WDM|Renegad (FR)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]MCZ.WDM|Will2Pac (FR) [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]CDV|WhiteBl4ck (FR)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]eLivepro|Mr KOF (US)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The Answer (US)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]And more...[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]You can have a look at the complete registrants' list at the following address:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]http://elyum-studio.com/wgc2012/?p=905[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Info, registration, schedule, rules & regulations:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Please remember that registration is only available Online and that you must do so before February the 8th2012.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The official website is available in both English & French.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]www.worldgamecup.fr [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]www.worldgamecup.com[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Contact:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]worldgamecup@gmail.com[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]https://twitter.com/WorldGameCup[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]http://www.facebook.com/WorldGameCup[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]http://minus.com/myO1F5uDP[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The WGC2K12 was presented in CrossCounter LIVE a few days ago. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]http://thestream.tv/world-games-run-down-keits-skisonic/[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Watch the Pool's Draw on Gameblog TV on Thursday February 9th at 6PM CET. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Feat. Cuong Cao (MCZ.WDM.Cuongster), Valentin Lormeau (Yamato) , Adel El Mahdy (TKO), Naili Khalid (eLivepro.Frionel), Viken Kojaartinian (eLivepro.Oro) & Guillaume Dorison (Asenka).

[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]And for the few that still don't know where to find me: [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]http://www.facebook.com/aurelien.kuramatengu.laureau[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Please remember that the WGC2K12 will offer a steady flow of info during streams, so Like/Folllow us if you want to read the latest news: [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]https://twitter.com/WorldGameCup[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]http://www.facebook.com/WorldGameCup[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]And DO check the contents of our Minus folder, You might well find it very useful ^^.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]http://minus.com/myO1F5uDP[/FONT]

As a side note, I think we will print bumper stickers next year: big ones with "DON'T EVER BOOK YOUR ROOMS ONLINE, IT'S MORE EXPENSIVE!!!" in capital letters...

If you haven't gotten your rooms yet, please phone them & make sure to use the password: "Festival International des Jeux" or better yet use the booking forms included in our Minus folder.

Please spread the word about this, it hurts me to see people swindled by crooked Online travel agencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Kurama_Tengu's on the latest Cross Counter Live, championing his event.
    Nice big time spotlight man!

Also cheers for sorting out the stuff I pm'd you about so quickly, I appreciate the customer support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,988 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The man reached legendary status a long time ago. Probably back when I put their paypal account over the limit and several peoples registrations went missing.

Sorted in a day.

Oh Guys...

Bachaka, The SSF4AE.2012 WTC steward is telling me than no-one responded to his messages & emails about the team composition...

Seriously?!...

http://www.facebook.com/jesuisunsac

Oh Guys...

Bachaka, The SSF4AE.2012 WTC steward is telling me than no-one responded to his messages & emails about the team composition...

Seriously?!...

http://www.facebook.com/jesuisunsac

?

Well I never received an email or message about it... who did he send it to?

Kurama also I sent a mail to the worldgamescup gmail account yesterday about the 3 v 3...

Ok I've spoken to them, kinda had to nominate myself as Captain.

They wanted names so I gave all those who said they were interested:

Doctor DooM
    ChopperByrne
    JunDP
    Sairus
    Ladnopoka

Let me know all is good.

Ok I've spoken to them, kinda had to nominate myself as Captain.

They wanted names so I gave all those who said they were interested:

Doctor DooM
    ChopperByrne
    JunDP
    Sairus
    Ladnopoka

Let me know all is good.

I'm interested, but since there's only three places, I don't expect to get one unless most of us are taken out by food poisoning or something.

It's the international 5v5 he's on about.

Yup, and I don't think they'd be too impressed if I tried to change it now :/

Ah.

That's a shame.

It's the international 5v5 he's on about.

So Voa, Nutrient and Naphiel aren't on the 5v5 team...?

EDIT: Sorry, thought you were on about UMvC3.... Who's on the team for that one?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm interested, but since there's only three places, I don't expect to get one unless most of us are taken out by food poisoning or something.

Yes. Or something :P

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Yes. Or something :P

Yeah. Not sure how much I can pack yet :D

So Voa, Nutrient and Naphiel aren't on the 5v5 team...?

EDIT: Sorry, thought you were on about UMvC3.... Who's on the team for that one?

Is there a team for UMvC?

No one mentioned it to me (bear in mind I'm not interested in Marvel this year so it could easily have just passed me by)

According to Kurama's big post we have a team entered for UMvC 5v5?

Has there been some comical mixup with the five of us playing Marvel?

Dave, your team is still down on the list of 3v3 teams for SSFIV, so if it happens to be included in the draw I'll play and we'll get one other.

Has there been some comical mixup with the five of us playing Marvel?

I can't see how, as I was asked to name characters and everything

Actually they said Marvel wasn't character locked so we probably will have a 5v5 team for it.

Dave, your team is still down on the list of 3v3 teams for SSFIV, so if it happens to be included in the draw I'll play and we'll get one other.

Uh, thanks for the heads up (and player commitment).

I have paypal confirmation I was refunded for the team I booked, so it's pretty likely that will get disqualified/dissolved.

I sent Kurama_tengu a PM, didn't want to swindle him out of an entry fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Please visit this game shop.

15m42s

Advertisement