Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[February 17-19 2012, Cannes - France] World Game Cup 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Damn you 'cap I thought the groups had been posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Damn you 'cap I thought the groups had been posted.

Unfortunately not. I've been checking since Thursday, but they still just have:

"The pools & brackets were drawn tonight LIVE on Gameblog TV, but just give us a bit of time to double-check everything and they will be available this week-end"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

And they're up: http://elyum-studio.com/wgc2012/?p=1727

I wanna see Ryan Hart in tears after Ladnopoka's done with him.

Can you post all of our groups and who we got in the 5v5s please?

That site is blocked in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

attached i think [sfae, solo and team]

• Advertisement

None of those sheets are labelled, but in some game Uber Prinny has eLive Pro¦ Bas and Jun has eLive Pro¦ MOV

I have someone in some game. Think I only registered for SFIV though, so it seems to be double-elim from the start this year.

We appear to have gotten a bye in the first round of the 5v5 and will play the winner of UK vs Netherlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

Jun got the hardest pool out of Irish going, he got Alioune and some other beast
    btw i got skatan in my pool lol Fergus get hype

None of those sheets are labelled, but in some game Uber Prinny has eLive Pro¦ Bas and Jun has eLive Pro¦ MOV

Finding it difficult to read/understand these documents.

Looks like the team I cancelled, was refunded for, and alerted Tengu about is still in there and playing Team Quakeulf.

Can I get a third volunteer for a team with me and "chopperboy", in case this actually goes ahead. :pac:

Anyone know what char "eLive Pro¦ Bas" plays?

• Advertisement

Anyone know what char "eLive Pro¦ Bas" plays?
    As far as I can find, Bas plays Akuma. He's rated as one of the best CvS2 players in the world and was in a few of the top SSFIV teams at Canada Cup last year. ELive.Pro.D44Bas seems to an alternate name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Yer man veggey who jun might end up playing is, or at least was, a gief player from norway.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Sairus wrote: »
    As far as I can find, Bas plays Akuma. He's rated as one of the best CvS2 players in the world and was in a few of the top SSFIV teams at Canada Cup last year. ELive.Pro.D44Bas seems to an alternate name.

I've played him a fair few times. He uses Akuma, but doesn't actually play the game often (he doesn't like SFIV). Not saying he is bad, but if you had to fight one of the Japanese guys this year, he'd be your best bet to win...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Looks like everyone gets a free entry into Tekken Tag Tourney 2 (register at the venue).

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

bas is the desora of 2012

And the reason for our free entry to TTT2 is that the pools posted today were wrong: http://elyum-studio.com/wgc2012/?p=1727

td:dr : The matchmaking software always put Belgians up against the top seeded players in every pool in every event so the pools are being redrafted tonight.
    The International 5v5s were unnaffected, so those pairings are accurate.

Sairus wrote: »
    And the reason for our free entry to TTT2 is that the pools posted today were wrong: http://elyum-studio.com/wgc2012/?p=1727

I looked through the new pools, we made out way better.

I DON'T have 2 sponsored players as my first matches, Ladno isn't fighting Ryan Hart, and Jun gets a bye.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

If I win my first fight I have the winner of renegad vs problem, If I lose I get the loser, speak for yourself Dave :D

Also, Sairus has Alioune.

In Marvel :D

Me and Tokido in the grand finals of my SSFIV pool.

I got this.

I think my first opponent is a Cody. Didn't find much on him this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Elivepro's CCL first match in KoF.
    It'd be boring if it started off easy.

• Advertisement

Found footage of my first opponent playing Ken and getting bodied in Vanilla SF4.

He also has super short video of him in training mode using Gouken.

If I can beat him, I'll be against an Italian Blanka player who is getting a bye.

Also if anyone is interested, I uploaded a slightly modified version of the pools brackets as a google doc:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApLd-FYOVg6jdFJkTklNMkhhdU15VzN4RmJlbEZ5MVE

I marked the pages with an Irish player, and hide the pages without. They're still there if you want to unhide and check them out though.

My opponent seems to be a decent enough Gief. I have zero match up knowledge since 2012 and I know that LP spd changes everything, so we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

My opponent seems to be a decent enough Gief. I have zero match up knowledge since 2012 and I know that LP spd changes everything, so we'll see.

I can give you a set sometime this week if you want though I'm really rusty with Gief, wouldn't really know the matchup myself either now.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    I can give you a set sometime this week if you want though I'm really rusty with Gief, wouldn't really know the matchup myself either now.

It'd have to be tonight, I'm travelling Wed and tomorrow is V day!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Ah damn won't be able to then.

So who did I get second time round then?

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Mov already pulling strings to avoid me, what a wuss :pac:

They e-mailed everyone out a .zip with all the relevant files, so here's one more link from me for the sake of people with smartphones in France:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B5Ld-FYOVg6jYzA1NDQzNDctNDRhMi00MzcwLWFmZjMtMmE0MTFhYjBjNjFh

^ It's a google doc group with every bracket and rulessheet, UNeditable so hopefully 100% factually correct (Unless they redraw stuff again so MOV can fight Jun).

Ok boys and girls, just to make sure all goes smoothly.

Flight tomorrow is at 10.45. I will probably be in the airport about 9. We are leaving from Terminal 2. Chopper will be quite upset if you don't have breakfast on the airplane, so bear that in mind. It's a long enough trip if you include the bus/ walk at the end so make sure to eat something, anyway :)

Don't forget you passport and remember to include a print out of the confirmation number.

Remember I will need 75 euro from each of you. The money is being held on my card so I'd appreciate it if I could get it off you early, as I would rather not have to dig into my savings. Also remember the plugs are different in Europe but thankfully they are the same voltage, so adapters are relatively cheap. If you don't have some, you can buy them after security at the airport, but at airport prices.

For the guys flying on Friday- you should really sort out an Xbox. Not that I think any of us would have a problem sharing but 11 people doing winner stays on on 3 different games on 1 machine would be pushing it :)

If anyone wants my phone no, pm me. Don't share your phone no publicly here though, that's not allowed.

Whoever is sleeping in the same room as me- I advise ear plugs I snore like the devil.

If I've forgotten anything important, now's the time to add to it.

• Advertisement

Oh and Sairus, don't forget to have your bandanas sorted.

Advertisement