Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[February 17-19 2012, Cannes - France] World Game Cup 2012

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Just booked the **** out of the flights.

Right, who wants to be on a 3 v 3 SF4 team?

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

3 v 3 is the casual tourney right? the big one is the 5 v 5 on saturday

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    3 v 3 is the casual tourney right? the big one is the 5 v 5 on saturday

It's not really casual, but yeah there's a big national 5 v 5 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Put me in coach, I got hoop dreams!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I'm up for some 3v3. T'was a hoot last year.

If Ladnopoka wants my slot he's welcome to it though - solo SF4 and MvC3 will do me just fine. Reckons we have a better chance of taking some French names with him on a team :D

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

i want to be in 3v3 and 5v5 AE teams... make sure to have at least 1 top players team

Indeed, we'll prob have enough for two teams. Who's confirmed to be going?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

im definitely going.. have my tickets booked.

Wed-Mon
    Chopperbeeurn
    Ladnopoka
    Chunkis
    Doctor DooM
    Sairus

Fri-Mon
    Goodie2Shoes
    Voa
    1stHardter
    Jun
    Stev0
    Naphiel
    Nutrient

• Advertisement

We're prob going to need 3 rooms then, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

and a bigger boat.

Waitwaitwait.

Why isn't Madden on that list?

Chopperboy, you know what you have to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

We're prob going to need 3 rooms then, tbh.

I have one booked for myself, Voa and one other person, whoever wants the spot. Thats official sleeping, i am sure there's plenty of floor for people who are stuck, but i demand a bed!

Waitwaitwait.

Why isn't Madden on that list?

Chopperboy, you know what you have to do.

Not even guilt tripping him by saying it's a stag do worked.

One 5-6 man room for the five of us heading on the Wednesday, unless Chunkis is staying with the UK lot.

Then another 4-5 man room for the rest going on Friday.

Not even guilt tripping him by saying it's a stag do worked.

Disappointed. Velly disappointed.

One 5-6 man room for the five of us heading on the Wednesday, unless Chunkis is staying with the UK lot.

Then another 4-5 man room for the rest going on Friday.

I'll see what I can do tonight, that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Sorry :(

Orim wrote: »
    Sorry :(

Who's going to scope out the hot goth chicks with me now when Chopper disappears? :(

When did I disappear?

Also, hot goth chicks? Unless they were French-Asian I'm surprised Dan even noticed them.

• Advertisement

When did I disappear?

Also, hot goth chicks? Unless they were French-Asian I'm surprised Dan even noticed them.

I can't remember the specifics, but myself and Dan ended up wandering around trying to film hot goth girls for the v log.

It's actually in it a little.

That's just a little bit pervy lads.

That's just a little bit pervy lads.

I have a running theme of having hot girls just out of shot to annoy kiki, that's nothing new!

I would volunteer to help with the perving, but I just got a Kinect, so any spare non FG time will probably be spent between DDR and Dance Central.

Those womens love the guys with the S ranks and 5 stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭kurama_tengu

Our International trailer is Online:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhIEVLFk9B8

---

While we're here, please remember that registration is only available Online, and only until February 8th 2012 (the pools will be drawn live on Gameblog TV on February 9th 2012).

CLICK HERE to register!

Check the registrants' list

It is absolutely necessary that we have ALL your nicks for every SOLO & TEAM tournaments before 2/8/12!!!

---

Some players of the French community booked in some strange places, so I think it's best if we make some things VERY clear: the partner hotels/residences REALLY are the cheapest around (and we're not getting money to make this statement, not even a bit...)
    So please use the "Festival International des Jeux" password and book your rooms already before the big ones are gone and you're stuck with smaller, more expensive ones with tiny kitchens...

13.33€/day/pers. at the Maeva Cannes Verrerie (with a bakery around the corner)

OR

14.57€/day/pers. at the Pierre & Vacances Cannes Beach (with a pizza parlor across the street)

http://elyum-studio.com/wgc2012/?cat=40

These hotels are about 20mn on foot/5mn by bus from the Palais des Festivals de Cannes and less than 5mn from each other (the two blocks are side by side).

http://www.busazur.com/tarif/index.asp?rub_code=7 (1€/ride, 9.50€/10 tickets card, 11€/weekly pass)

---

And don't forget to listen to us for the first WGC Show on eLive.pro that will take place this Sunday January 15th 2012 around 11PM CET, starring Frionel, Asenka, many surprise guests and yours truly in a supporting role & as an English translator.

worldgamecup@gmail.com
    https://twitter.com/WorldGameCup
    http://www.facebook.com/WorldGameCup

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

BB only has 7/32 signed up. Out of curiousity, if there is only a small number of players in this tournament, will it just be cancelled? As I'm thinking of going but it's the only game I main really, and I'd rather not invest money into going and getting tickets if I arrive on the day just to find out the one game I'm going for is cancelled.

Sure I might learn a little MVC or KoF and might enter one of those, but I'd still be annoyed if the main game I went for was pulled. Just wondering before I decide if Im going or not. :P
    Nutrient wrote: »
    Flight EI0544 - Fri 17 Feb 2012 Departs: Dublin-Terminal 2 (DUB) 10:45 Arrives: Nice-Aerogare 1 (NCE) 14:15 Status: A/Economy Class [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CONFIRMED[/FONT] Airline: Aer Lingus Seats: Book seats Bags: Book bags
    Flight EI0545 - Mon 20 Feb 2012 Departs: Nice-Aerogare 1 (NCE) 14:55 Arrives: Dublin-Terminal 2 (DUB) 16:35 Status: A/Economy Class [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CONFIRMED[/FONT]
    And entered UMVC3 and MK9

Now the only thing left is accommodation

Just had a look at the same flights as you, not too bad tbh, given the price of everything else, Might end up going afterall, if BB doesnt have a risk of being cancelled. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Well with smaller numbers you'll have a better chance to fight Tokido, which would be a great experience. Also MOV signed up for 3S:OE which again, is pretty hype!

Fighting these guys is a good test to see what level of skill you really are, as they are the best in the world, gives you great inspiration to get better at your favourite games!

I had the opportunity to fight Kuroda at the weekend. We had like 10 matches which was great fun (even if I was beasted), but it made me wanna get good at 3S. Even managed to get a sneaky few shots in before he ultimatly decimated me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Monkeyto wrote: »
    Sneaky "I'm in Japan playing all the best players post."

QFT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭kurama_tengu

@Linoud: French players are infamously known for registering at the very last minute... We will at least match last year's total which was 12!

There is no reason for us to cancel anything, really ^^.

Advertisement