Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[February 17-19 2012, Cannes - France] World Game Cup 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Sairus wrote: »
    Wed-Mon
    Chopperbeeurn
    Ladnopoka
    Chunkis
    Doctor DooM
    Sairus

and Me

Flights booked.

Looking at registering for individual games now.

Realistically I'm only confident enough to put money down for SF4.

EDIT:

Paid for SF4 solo. But also because I wasn't paying proper attention I firstly paid for one SF4 3v3 team.

Anyone wants in, please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

ONE-HUNDERED-AND-NINETY-SEVEN-BLEEDIN-EURO?!

Enjoy Cannes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Return flights to the south of France. Don't know why you think that's expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Considering people got flights for sub-150. 197 is expensive, also, I'm unemployed.

• Advertisement

Well you've only yourself to blame for that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ok, I just booked a room in Cannes for the 6 people flying out on Wednesday.

If you're not coming on Wednesday you need to make your own arrangements.

There's no cost to book in advance as long as you have a card to guarantee it.

We're in this hotel:

http://www.booking.com/hotel/fr/cannesbeach.en-gb.html?sid=de9b09c56e2dbe143f8354f6a2faa0fa;dcid=1;origin=disamb;srhash=2314231005;srpos=3

Book the same, it makes sense.

We need someone to bring an xbox. Whoever does I will gladly give some hold bag space to to make up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Are there any spots left in the rooms booked?

Or are there any people needing a roomate?

Looking at the Wed-Mon.

The flights are only 50 quid dearer than when chopper booked months ago. not that big a deal.

Are there any spots left in the rooms booked?

Or are there any people needing a roomate?

Looking at the Wed-Mon.

The flights are only 50 quid dearer than when chopper booked months ago. not that big a deal.

The Wed flight room is 6 people- but one of them is Chunkis.

If you can confirm from him he's not going or is staying with the London gang, no prob having his.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

Unfortunately lads the trip has become impossible for me. Had a look at the account this morning and i simply can't justify spending 300 quid+ on a holiday when i have a semester of college left and absolutely no source of income.

Srry to let team Ireland down. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Unfortunately lads the trip has become impossible for me. Had a look at the account this morning and i simply can't justify spending 300 quid+ on a holiday when i have a semester of college left and absolutely no source of income.

Srry to let team Ireland down. :(
    That Sucks. Major Blow to any Irish hopes of seen one of our best players do well in Marvel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Paid for SF4 solo. But also because I wasn't paying proper attention I firstly paid for one SF4 3v3 team.

Anyone wants in, please let me know.

Has anyone joined you in this yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

I was wondering if someone could enter my name for sf solo tourney, and i can pay them in cash?

Has anyone joined you in this yet?

I discussed this in very vague details with Doom and Chopper, I think the plan at moment is to basically field two Irish teams (an A team and a B team).

What has not been decided is who is on what team.

We're going to need to decide that before registration closes, so I can attach the player handles to the team I paid for.

Well, in my head we can have 2 teams, It looks like the best players there for the "a" team on Friday would be me, Sai and Ladno (with all due respect).

I've yet to book a team though.

That's pretty much what I said.

So myself, Chopper and Chunkis as the B team?

Does anyone know Chunkis' availability?

Pester him with PMs I guess. He hasn't said much in here in a while :/

EDIT: Talking with Chunkis in the chat, he is staying with us in the 6 person room.

So Kneecap and UberPrinny, are both of you still looking for lodging or what's going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

Yeah sorry ive not been posting, i don`t really check the forums that much because most the time there isn`t anything to check, but you can always catch me on irc or facebook :)

Anyway in regards to the hotels, cheers for booking doom, also i wont be taking part in any of the team tournaments, if i was i would`t be teaming with you guys ( all due respect) am just going as a spectator.

See you guys on the 15th!

So Kneecap and UberPrinny, are both of you still looking for lodging or what's going on?

I was the 6th person to confirm coming on Wednesday, and Doom said:
    Ok, I just booked a room in Cannes for the 6 people flying out on Wednesday.

So as far as I'm aware, lodging is sorted for me at least?

• Advertisement

Yeah you're sorted Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Marvel team

If allowing ofc for the 3v3 by 2 members of the team

I believe Team America would be appropriate

Doom/myself/Doyler

2 Cap players and...well Doom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Didn't notice that above.

No, I won't be going as the last of the spots in the room was gone.

I registered a team for the 3V3, does anyone know do I have to mail them or something with a team name? It never asked (whereas for all other competitions it seemed to remeber Dr. Doom from my email or something)

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Damn, gutted I'm gonna miss this.

I'l get you next time France... scaled.php?server=353&filename=captainamericavsfrance0hr.gif&res=medium

Aw :(

Yes, Skullgirls will be at the WGC on Friday!

Tried to have it there longer, but it's surprisingly difficult to get 360 devkits and slots closed up while we were trying to acquire them.
    Siiiiiick.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

As much as I'd like to read through 14 pages of travel plans, can I assume that there will not be an Irish Soul Calibur 5 team? I really want to complete internationally at this game but it's kinda short notice, registration's probably closed already, nobody over here seems to care about it much and I don't actually have the game yet...

Maybe Super Versus Battle

Kanped wrote: »
    As much as I'd like to read through 14 pages of travel plans, can I assume that there will not be an Irish Soul Calibur 5 team? I really want to complete internationally at this game but it's kinda short notice, registration's probably closed already, nobody over here seems to care about it much and I don't actually have the game yet...

Maybe Super Versus Battle

Just play in the singles?

There's 2 days left to register.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

PSA for Friday to sun attendees

I'd like a show of posts whos attending this event 17th to 20th and who plans staying in the Cannes beach hotel

To my knowledge, the people who will be staying in the room I'm booking are;

Myself
    Napheil
    Jun2dgod

If anyone else is attending and flying out friday and returning monday [17th to 20th] and has not booked a room PLEASE MESSAGE ME and I can sort you out as I'm booking this out of my own pocket and collecting money afterwords

The price overall will be around 177 to 200 all together depending on how many people are coming

This is the place
    http://www.booking.com/searchresults.html?city=-1416533&ssne=Cannes&ssne_untouched=Cannes&error_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.booking.com%2Fhotel%2Ffr%2Fcannesbeach.en-gb.html%3Fsid%3D24690222a9f84c7b37601c0fcc23bc2e%3Bdcid%3D1%3Bcheckin%3D2012-03-02%3Bcheckout%3D2012-03-07%3Bdva%3D0%3Bsrfid%3D139d6c1f0559960405e6f6f58c546283X1%3B&highlighted_hotels=51644&dcid=1&sid=24690222a9f84c7b37601c0fcc23bc2e&si=ai%2Cco%2Cci%2Cre%2Cdi&ss=Cannes&checkin_monthday=17&checkin_year_month=2012-2&checkout_monthday=20&checkout_year_month=2012-2&in_a_group=on&group_adults=2&group_children=0

Advertisement