Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Fathom wrote: »
    Any suggestions for dinner?

More cake :pac:

I absolutely love coffee and walnut cake, my friend makes it beautifully, about a thousand calories a slice I'd guess.

What about cereal, back to basics after all the rich food?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

More cake :pac:
    Amusing Spears. Already eat too much. Good I workout. Or I would start to look like one. :pac: :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

What about cereal, back to basics after all the rich food?
    Yo Duvet. Burned out on cereal. Too available during quarantine. Looking for something naughty for dinner. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,099 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Yo Duvet. Burned out on cereal. Too available during quarantine. Looking for something naughty for dinner. :P

I could cook, but nah. I could order in but nah to that too. It's not a bad thing to be sick of food and want it at the same time. I've a beer left and just spotted some Austrian smoked cheese in the fridge for later. Could be with buttery toast or buttery wholemeal bread. But it will do the job nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I'm on the PUP since you sold it!

lot of people happy being on the PUP apparently.

bassy wrote: »
    lot of people happy being on the PUP apparently.

Well I'm not one of them anyway.

Looks like take-out. Nearby burger fast food.

Well I'm not one of them anyway.

of course i was,nt reflecting on you m8.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

Superquinn Sausages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Chocolate hazelnut Dunkin Doughnut with a strong coffee. Yes baby!
    I avoided burgers and Chinese though I was aching inside.

Yo The Eatening folks. I'm in a culinary rut. Snacking coffee cake (again). Coffee too. Any suggestions for dinner?

What do you have in the house?

Looks like take-out. Nearby burger fast food.

I'm shocked but delighted to read that Fathom, your usual healthy posts often make me feel guilty lol. Go for it and enjoy.

Superquinn Sausages

there,s a thread about them not tasting the same,i have never had them so do not know.

or did you just post tat cause you seen the thread i was referring to ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

bassy wrote: »
    there,s a thread about them not tasting the same,i have never had them so do not know.

or did you just post tat cause you seen the thread i was referring to ;):D

lol correct, I'm actually eating sea salt crackers with black pepper pate and cheese, all the fancy SuperValu Christmas packs

lol correct, I'm actually eating sea salt crackers with black pepper pate and cheese, all the fancy SuperValu Christmas packs

:D:D

The Superquinn sausages don't taste the same to me these days. Not for the price. Something missing. I'm actually a fan of the Aldi jumbo sausages. Is it Brannans?

Just put tomorrows sandwich fillings into the fridge. Chicken fillets and hard boiled eggs. The sliced ham is already in there. Gonna have a late afternoon tea for the craic.:D Chicken and sweetcorn, Egg mayo, ham salad sandwiches. Will I cut the crusts off?:eek: Foxes biccies and Mr Kipling fancies with tea or prosseco.

The common version at three quid a head.:D

The Superquinn sausages don't taste the same to me these days. Not for the price. Something missing. I'm actually a fan of the Aldi jumbo sausages. Is it Brannans?

Just put tomorrows sandwich fillings into the fridge. Chicken fillets and hard boiled eggs. The sliced ham is already in there. Gonna have a late afternoon tea for the craic.:D Chicken and sweetcorn, Egg mayo, ham salad sandwiches. Will I cut the crusts off?:eek: Foxes biccies and Mr Kipling fancies with tea or prosseco.

The common version at three quid a head.:D

i find the super valu frozen jumbo sausages not bad at all and nice with a fry :)

My gang like the jumbo Aldi ones, I also buy the Denny skinless sausages, don't really eat them myself. Egg salad sandwiches, no ham and loads of onions sounds delicious right now, accompanied by a chilled sauvignon.

My gang like the jumbo Aldi ones, I also buy the Denny skinless sausages, don't really eat them myself. Egg salad sandwiches, no ham and loads of onions sounds delicious right now, accompanied by a chilled sauvignon.

i must try the aldi jumbo ones

• Advertisement

Chicken sausages in Aldi are lovely but it's a bit of a drive from me. They're a healthy option too. I find Lidl sausages pork ones aren't bad.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Harissa on smoked mackerel, with black eye beans and salad vegetables.

IMG-20201228-233927.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Toasted scone for breakfast

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Made a few small loaves of bread yesterday and herself used some to make a trio of little Brevilles for a lazy breakfast in bed. One each of turkey, ham and spiced beef.

That's the last of the spiced beef but it will be restocked.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Sandwich with cranberry sauce, stuffing, brie & spinach and a cuppa tea

• Registered Users Posts: 21,841 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Potato croquettes, egg, rasher, pudding with a slice of fried bread with a mug of coffee .

Open sandwiches at lunch time today. Chicken and sweetcorn/mayo mix on top of buttered wholemeal bread. Rocket, tomato and onion on the side with a dollop of egg mayo because we ain't posh.:D

Mrs G and my Mam loved it. I made a plain ham sandwich and chips for my Dad.:D I sent a plate of ham and Charleville cheddar cheese sandwiches with Hunky Dorys up to Ms G who was gaming online with her friends. Not a bad lunch service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

I made sweet potato toast for the first time and will definitely make it again.
    I sliced the sweet potato really thin and covered in oil and cajun spices. Topped it with mozzarella, rocket, spinach, crumbled blue cheese and popped it in the oven.
    I smothered it in hot sauce and even more cheese before devouring it:)
    Tasty and somewhat healthy if you take away the four different kinds of melting cheese but where's the fun in that!

Can anyone tell me how many grammes should i be ordering for a fillet steak. I put in 250 but then it was only 4.50 euro? Usually I go in and ask at the counter but I am doing it online now. I want a nice tall steak but not overly huge either. I remember one of the chefs he used to be weighing out the fillets on a scale but he was the EX chef and wouldn't let anyone else do it. Any advice?

• Advertisement

Can anyone tell me how many grammes should i be ordering for a fillet steak. I put in 250 but then it was only 4.50 euro? Usually I go in and ask at the counter but I am doing it online now. I want a nice tall steak but not overly huge either. I remember one of the chefs he used to be weighing out the fillets on a scale but he was the EX chef and wouldn't let anyone else do it. Any advice?

If it works out at €6.50, you're good to go.

Advertisement