Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

We're all on the roast beef dinners today, ours was delayed by a half hour due to circumstances beyond our control but man did that extra 30 minutes resting make a difference to the beef.

It was still as hot as if it just came out of the oven but the tenderness was off the scale altogether, I love thinly sliced roast beef and I think I've finally found out how they are able to do it so easily in restaurants and carvery's. One large salted caramel cookie from Lidl for dessert and one regular measure of Smirnoff and cranberry juice to savour.

(Woke up on the couch last night with half a can of Carlsberg on the table and not a clue who won the All Ireland, drink in moderation folks and stay safe.)

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,115 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

We're all on the roast beef dinners today, ours was delayed by a half hour due to circumstances beyond our control but man did that extra 30 minutes resting make a difference to the beef.

It was still as hot as if it just came out of the oven but the tenderness was off the scale altogether, I love thinly sliced roast beef and I think I've finally found out how they are able to do it so easily in restaurants and carvery's. One large salted caramel cookie from Lidl for dessert and one regular measure of Smirnoff and cranberry juice to savour.

(Woke up on the couch last night with half a can of Carlsberg on the table and not a clue who won the All Ireland, drink in moderation folks and stay safe.)

No lectures. It's Christmas time.:D

A Chef friend of mine who worked in my local many moons ago, told me all about the roast beef thing. On a Saturday night after food service ended, he'd put it in the oven with the heat up and join me for a few pints. At closing time, he'd switch the oven off and leave the beef inside until 11am the next morning. Then take it out and under the lamp for the carvery. Tender as fook. If there was any left it then went on the specials board that evening. The slices were soaked in hot water before serving. You'd never know. I use the same trick and will tomorrow for a hot beef sambo.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Homemade Banoffe pie & a cup of cha :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,860 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

A goats cheese and caramelized red onion tart from Lidl , tasty .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    A goats cheese and caramelized red onion tart from Lidl , tasty .

I mentioned them on here a while back. They are nice alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,545 ✭✭✭bassy

roast chicken dinner earlier with loads of veg and gravey,having a few chilled heino,s now

I mentioned them on here a while back. They are nice alright.

I was wondering where I'd heard of them , thanks S !

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I was wondering where I'd heard of them , thanks S !

I don't think I said Lidl but glad you found them anyway. I hope they are still in stock when I go back in. I shop a lot in Lidl as I like their food and they are reasonable and also the Delux range can be really tasty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

Mug of tea and some dark Lindt chocolate with caramel pieces and sea salt. Very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Chickpea curry with rice and chips tonight
    Maybe a beer to keep up with the Christmas spirits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Some of yesterdays beef with egg fried rice, a few chips and a cold beer.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

I had a big plate of crinkle cut chips with ketchup and hot sauce. Simple like myself

It may be Monday, but its Christmas week, so I'm indulging in Chinese takeaway. Chicken curry, fried rice and chips tonight. On the way back from Dublin tomorrow night, I'll stop at a fave spot of mine for a beef dish. Then back to rich roast dinners for Christmas.

I've beer a chillin in the frigado for when I finish up tonight.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,050 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Drinking coffee on coffeehouse porch. Sprinkle. Sprinkle. Don't know enough to come out of rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭ablelocks

i had a fry up in a cafe this morning for the first time in months, just got a craving for a decent fry

(but they served beans with it? Beans are fine with a supper fry, but with a breakfast fry, no thanks.)

didn't need a lunch

arrived home, my daughter is in the kitchen, and she is cooking -

a fry-up. (no beans though)

2 fry's in one day - great start to the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭global23214124

Went for a pizza in the local chipper as I couldn't be arsed cooking. Chicken, sausage and mushroom :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,050 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Went for a pizza in the local chipper as I couldn't be arsed cooking. Chicken, sausage and mushroom :)
    Add ripe olives, extra cheese, and red onions? :pac: :D

ablelocks wrote: »
    i had a fry up in a cafe this morning for the first time in months, just got a craving for a decent fry

(but they served beans with it? Beans are fine with a supper fry, but with a breakfast fry, no thanks.)

didn't need a lunch

arrived home, my daughter is in the kitchen, and she is cooking -

a fry-up. (no beans though)

2 fry's in one day - great start to the week.

You can't beat the fry up. Beans? I'll do sausages and beans and nothing else for a breakfast alright, but I get your point about a full on fry with beans in the evening, but with chips too. That said beans are great on a winter morning over a fried egg and toast.:eek:

Global and Grand are making me hungry. Tummy growls. Off to market. Laters.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Meatballs, fried off separately and then put into a sauce made of red and yellow peppers cut up small, in a tomato/onion sauce.
    Smoky fajita seasoning from Old El Paso added, but sometimes I just use harissa, or just cumin and coriander.

It's a made up thing, I have it with couscous.

I have the fridge and cupboards stocked up. I have a small appetite so maybe went a bit far.
    Today I just had two quarter pounders, not from a chipper, with ketchup.

A mug of coffee with a slice of coffee cake , my Christmas treat to myself , the full cake , not just a slice :pac:

Eggs Benedict.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭beerguts

Snack Box from superman's with 2 portions of their curry. One for dipping the chips in and the other as a drink when I finished the food.
    Supermacs should really look at selling 330ml portions as a drink

Working all day today in Dublin. I haven't had a McDonalds in over a year. I didn't manage to have one today either. Delivery time was far too long. Got a very expensive takeway from Eddie empty your pockets that was very ordinary. How do they get away with the Dick Turpin act.:(

Suppin a beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭VW 1

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Working all day today in Dublin. I haven't had a McDonalds in over a year. I didn't manage to have one today either. Delivery time was far too long. Got a very expensive takeway from Eddie empty your pockets that was very ordinary. How do they get away with the Dick Turpin act.:(

Suppin a beer.

The trick with Eddie rockets is to order as a family of four. Any two burgers and chips along with two kids meals and four drinks is 30 euro which is decent when compared to the reputation they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Veg sausages, waffles, beans, brown bread, relish and a cuppa tea

Back up in the big smoke today. Home early enough. Unexpected. Had a few beers and then a fillet steak, mash, garden peas and gravy. Mrs G did the biz! Gonna hit the hay soon. Happy out!

• Advertisement

beerguts wrote: »
    Snack Box from superman's with 2 portions of their curry. One for dipping the chips in and the other as a drink when I finished the food.
    Supermacs should really look at selling 330ml portions as a drink

Christ I love their curry. I always get a snack box with curry and never have enough curry. It has been about 4 months since I had one as well. I pour mine over the chips though.

Advertisement