Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Autosport wrote: »
    Mashed potatoes, Brussel sprouts, roast lamb, spiced beef and smoked ham and parsley sauce :)

Dessert will either be chocolate Yule log or baileys cheesecake :)

Happy Christmas one and all :)

This part 2 :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Currently having a Coke and some Lidl knock off After Eights while watching Jurassic Park. I'd love a Baileys or a nice beer but sadly work beckons in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Currently having a Coke and some Lidl knock off After Eights while watching Jurassic Park. I'd love a Baileys or a nice beer but sadly work beckons in the morning!

I spent so many years working around now that it nearly broke my Christmas spirit. The 26/27/28/29th were work days for at least 15 years and then another 5 years after that in a similar role on maybe 3 days over the same dates and even NYE.:eek: Great money. At least you have the knock off mint choccies, a decent movie and the dream of a beer! Hope you get more time off. Another beer for me. Sausages and black pudding out of the freezer to thaw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

Poached salmon with hollandaise, Nigella's mushy peas and buttery mash. Mince pies and a hot port for dessert.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,587 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Guinness and ferro Rochets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Now you have made me hungry! Wonder if I can rustle up a turkey and/or stuff ing buttie.

See you much later ;)

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I spent so many years working around now that it nearly broke my Christmas spirit. The 26/27/28/29th were work days for at least 15 years and then another 5 years after that in a similar role on maybe 3 days over the same dates and even NYE.:eek: Great money. At least you have the knock off mint choccies, a decent movie and the dream of a beer! Hope you get more time off. Another beer for me. Sausages and black pudding out of the freezer to thaw.

I've had the 24th/25th/26th off this year. :)

I've worked every Christmas for the last 4 years. 15 is extreme! Now I'm in a team where we can take it in turns. Much better. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,118 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Why do the bits you nibble from the pots/pans/bowls taste better than the full serving on your own plate?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭jellybear

Why do the bits you nibble from the pots/pans/bowls taste better than the full serving on your own plate?

This is especially true for stuffing!!:D

Breakfast - two sausages, four slices of black pudding, beans and toast.Some stollen cake too.

Lunch - a chicken, ham and stuffing sandwich with crisps. Followed by some mince pies.

Dinner - I made a cottage pie. I might keep my portion for tomorrow as I fancy chicken goujons and chips with that new Chef bottle of curry sauce.

No pressure on me today so I'm actually enjoying a few early beers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭dasdog

I think I just won the leftover lamb Christmas sandwich world cup.

B3Pb7W2.png

The butter discs were made of brie, parmesan, garlic, rock salt, fresh thyme and rosemary to a calloristic heart attack level melting on the meat on griddled ciabatta.

Jaysus that was good.

Tangfastics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

Mug of tae and another bloody Fruit & Nut. The Tiffin situation is not looking good and I will be very displeased if Cadburys have discontinued them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Some celebrations and club orange :)

Wine and a sharing bag of Keoghs cheese and onion crisps , I didn't share and I'm feeling really sick now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

Wine and a sharing bag of Keoghs cheese and onion crisps , I didn't share and I'm feeling really sick now.

greedy :D

did you eat them all?.

i taught it was cheese and crackers with wine :D

bassy wrote: »
    greedy :D

did you eat them all?.

i taught it was cheese and crackers with wine :D

I did and I'm paying the price, trying not to think about them now.

Did you sell the chipper bassy?😂

I did and I'm paying the price, trying not to think about them now.

Did you sell the chipper bassy?��

ah the chip van had to go due to covid-19,it broke me heart to lose her :D

ah the chip van had to go due to covid-19,it broke me heart to lose her :D

That's a shame, Mam is not the same since you shut shop, she loved your onion rings.😂

That's a shame, Mam is not the same since you shut shop, she loved your onion rings.��

ah sure mam left me in the lurch and now she don,t even talk to me any more :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Frozen pepperoni pizza with leftover ham and spice beef added with extra cheese on top, about 1.5 million calories I'd say. 2 slices left for later.

Cold beer now.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

ah sure mam left me in the lurch and now she don,t even talk to me any more :(

I'm on the PUP since you sold it!

Gonna lay off the fry ups. Had another one this morning and then my portion of Cottage Pie this afternoon. Along with the usual Christmas sweet indulgence.

The troops just ordered quarter pounders, chips, a pizza and garlic chips. Let them at it.:D Don't know what I facy food wise. I'm still stuffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Takeaway pizza bacon mushroom & pepperoni. Extra garlic dip.

I get terrible spots after eating takeaway pizza but I've been thinking about it since Christmas eve so feck it, I'll worry about it tomorrow :p

Donegal Catch battered cod fillets and frozen chips with a lots of bread and butter, so lazy but we didn't know what we wanted and the plates were cleared. A lovely chilled white wine now .

Does anyone find that your appetite goes when you are sitting around on your arse all day?:D I'm not one for extended grazing days. The odd one okay, but I need to really work up the appetite by doing stuff. I just watched my fellow grazers mill that takeaway out of it. I'll be hungry later on, but right now I still can't think of anything. Feck it. I'll see if a beer puts the hunger on me.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I only eat when I'm hungry. I'm not a picker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

I nibble out of boredom. But when it comes to actual meals, I'm not great for eating if I'm sitting around all day. Lockdown has been very bad for my eating. Especially the first one. Even the kids didn't want to eat meals

Nibbling away here. Sour cream and onion Pringles and a glass of La Trappe blonde. Stopping at a glass because work in the a.m. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,049 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Yo The Eatening folks. I'm in a culinary rut. Snacking coffee cake (again). Coffee too. Any suggestions for dinner?

Advertisement