Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Met up with some family in the living room yesterday and had there burger a half pounder which was a good all rounder washed down with there house lager (5 lamps).
    Got home after a bit of shopping and we picked up a hillbillys chicken and managed to get a heineken in. Asleep before ten after all that and up for a jog this morning to try get back to the productive Christmas mood i have been in

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Made a big fry up for the troops. Sausages rashers pudding fried eggs beans toast and brown bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Travelled to meet family and friends yesterday and give them their turkeys and venison and lamb, met most on the side of the road this year so it was a lot shorter day than usual. Hatches are battened down now and time to seriously relax. Had a brunch just there of hash browns, bacon medallions, sausages and eggs with tea and toast.

Going to do the spiced beef for tomorrow there now and then a curry for later, I could open an off licence with the amount of bottles we came home with last night, lots of different stuff too which will have to be sampled over the holiday. Take it easy everyone, have a great one and stay safe.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Travelled to meet family and friends yesterday and give them their turkeys and venison and lamb, met most on the side of the road this year so it was a lot shorter day than usual. Hatches are battened down now and time to seriously relax. Had a brunch just there of hash browns, bacon medallions, sausages and eggs with tea and toast.

Going to do the spiced beef for tomorrow there now and then a curry for later, I could open an off licence with the amount of bottles we came home with last night, lots of different stuff too which will have to be sampled over the holiday. Take it easy everyone, have a great one and stay safe.

The chinese takeaway is heading this way. A big order for tonight and tomorrow! No cooking. A chinese on Christmas Day.:D Gonna do a traditional dinner on Saturday and Sunday. My vitual bar is open folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Grandeeod wrote: »
    The chinese takeaway is heading this way. A big order for tonight and tomorrow! No cooking. A chinese on Christmas Day.:D Gonna do a traditional dinner on Saturday and Sunday. My vitual bar is open folks!

Gimme something very fcking strong, I need it.

• Advertisement

Well Grandeeod I raise my glass to you Sir, you're a genuine good guy and I hope you and your family have a great one.

We'll share a few real drinks together too some day with Gods holy help.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Here, have a virtual small dropeen of the 87% Poitín I was gifted, slainte.

Well Grandeeod I raise my glass to you Sir, you're a genuine good guy and I hope you and your family have a great one.

We'll share a few real drinks together too some day with Gods holy help.

I'm raising a glass back to you RG. The real deal some day for sure. Enjoy Christmas down there!

Stay away from RGs offer.:eek: Maybe a drop of Hennessy and I have a real nice Brandy glass for it too.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Stay away from RGs offer.:eek: Maybe a drop of Hennessy and I have a real nice Brandy glass for it too.

I have brandy and bailey's for my vampire glass but can't have it yet as have to drive in the morning. Will be hitting that when I get back.

Merry Christmas Eaters and Drinkers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Spiced beef sandwiches :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

Cadbury Fruit & Nut and a mug of good strong tae. My beloved Tiffins seem to have disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

skulling bottles of bud,no way im up early tomorrow and it be a late xmas dinner be to sick to even think about it in morning.
    fook it same as any other day,kids all reared so the xmas thing is long gone...................................................

Top of the morning, time for some thinly sliced spiced beef, vintage white cheddar, brown toast and tea.

Top of the morning, time for some thinly sliced spiced beef, vintage white cheddar, brown toast and tea.

So I'm not the only one awake and hungry. I'll be getting the breakfast started soon while the troops are still in their cots.

Coffee and cake here, lovely silent house here, I love the peaceful Christmas morning feeling, have a lovely day all, looking forward to the food updates, I can't wait for the dinner, I'm hungry already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

First slices of the ham I cooked last night here, with hot buttered toast and coffee.

An Irish coffee, always have one around 12 on Christmas day.

We're all wearing our Hairy Baby tee-shirts that Santa brought us, I got the Pintman Paddy Losty one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkcXjholnGk

Turkey in the oven, veg etc prepped. Brandy and Bailey's poured. I nearly dislocated my wrist with the size of the parsnips. Huge weggyatables :)

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭beerguts

Turkey, braised red cabbage, roasties, brussel sprouts, steamed carrots and a bottle of red wine. I have a lovely fire in the living room watching the Bond movie with a half one of Jameson. I will definetly be asleep by 8pm

• Advertisement

I ate before expected. Bronze butterflied turkey with wild berry stuffing. Honey roast carrots and parsnips with roasted roosters and rosemary. Red cabbage in apple cider vinegar and apple. Turkey gravy all over. I had smoked salmon with prawn cocktail for starters (no pic)

UrpbnYN.jpg

Weighted the turkey around 2 o clock only to realise it was a lot heavier than it looked and would take about 7-8 hours to cook. In steps the eldest lad with his cool, calm and collective skills, a choice was offered and a decision was made to spatchcock it, and not only did he do that he made the gravy from the backbone and the neck separately.

Took a heap of pressure off of us and was the best tasting turkey we have had ever. Enjoyed with all the usual trimmings, some nice wine, profiteroles for dessert and another Irish coffee to finish it off.

A Happy and Healthy Christmas and New Year to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Mashed potatoes, Brussel sprouts, roast lamb, spiced beef and smoked ham and parsley sauce :)

Dessert will either be chocolate Yule log or baileys cheesecake :)

Happy Christmas one and all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,979 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Pringles are dangerous

Once you eat a few its quicky followed by the full tub

• Registered Users Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Pringles are dangerous

Once you eat a few its quicky followed by the full tub

That's why they came up with the catchphrase "once you pop, you can't stop" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,929 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Normally make our own stuffing but for whatever reason this year with a busy lead up, we just ordered it from the butchers.. Turkey ‘with’ stuffing on the receipt even but not a flake of stuffing on checking this morning... the only dissatisfaction of a pretty perfect day it’s got to be said...

Christmas day was round two of the Chinese food. I had fried rice,beef sezchuan, chicken curry and satay chicken skewers. A late night brandy and ginger ale times too many!

A traditional roast dinner today and defo no more brandy.

We don't do turkey, so it was a roast chicken with ham and stuffing. Served up with mash, broccoli, cauliflower and a big roastie. The pic is before the chicken gravy and the sliced centre cut ham is under there somewhere. A typical roast dinner for us.

IMG-20201226-180657.jpg

Finally did the turkey dinner a day late today, ate too many sweets yesterday morning and couldn't face it :o Chipped a tooth on some skittles so down to 50% gorging capacity for the rest of the festivities :D

• Advertisement

Tea and four slices of crusty brown toast with chicken liver pate.

Advertisement