Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭caddy16

Same As wrote: »
    Anyone have any insight on the below club games?

Kilworth v Aghada (Cork Premier Intermediate Hurling )
    Kanturk v Castletownbere (Cork Premier Intermediate Football)
    Clooney Quin v Wolfe Tones (Clare Senior Hurling)
    Ratoath v Kilmessan (Meath Hurling)
    Kildalkey v St Peters Dunboyne (Meath Hurling)

Wouldn't touch the Clooney game, they should win but priced too short

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭caddy16

Dickie9 wrote: »
    Reckon cratloe by 5+ points they've serious players and wouldn't surprise me if they won hurling and football championships this year

Would be surprised if they are in contention for either, although will depend on draw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dickie9

Cratloe win 1-25 to 0-23

• Registered Users Posts: 16,061 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I fancy Galway AET today but can't see the market on Bet365. Any of the other bookies offering odds on this out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,256 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I fancy Galway AET today but can't see the market on Bet365. Any of the other bookies offering odds on this out of interest?

Does it go to a replay if drawn?

• Advertisement

FitzShane wrote: »
    Does it go to a replay if drawn?

Oh probably does, guess that's why there's no extra time odds.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

Replay if level after 70

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭robwen

The draw is 10/1 with 365

robwen wrote: »
    The draw is 10/1 with 365

I see that but I'd want to combine it with Galway winning the replay

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I see that but I'd want to combine it with Galway winning the replay

Have you tried a Request-A-Bet? If that's not possible, you could just do a single of a draw today and then stick your winnings on Galway in the replay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

Worth backing Kyle Hayes for YHOTY @6/1 as memory is short for these sort of things and he did have a fine year all throughout.

Worth backing Kyle Hayes for YHOTY @6/1 as memory is short for these sort of things and he did have a fine year all throughout.

Market gone on Paddy now, and he's priced at 5/4 on Boyles with Fitzgibbon at 4/7 having been 1/5 on Paddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Marv8

Anybody any fancies for county finals? Thinking of a doing short prices accum and maybe a higher prices yankee.

Market gone on Paddy now, and he's priced at 5/4 on Boyles with Fitzgibbon at 4/7 having been 1/5 on Paddy.

5/6 for both now.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Anyone get a result for topmchampoonshop scorer in the hurling? Was using wiki to keep track, and they had Canning 13 behind Duggan before Sunday. Canning hit 1-10, and Ladbrokes settled it as a dead heat yesterday. However Powers/Betfair have settled Duggan as the winner, and are referencing wiki as the source, which has been updated to have Duggan by one. Crazy that they are relying on wiki.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭ciaran1988

I mind Paddy Aherne the paddy power trader saying on twitter that Wiki was a source they use to keep track and that they get someone to go back through all the match reports and keep track of persons score

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Surely Joe Canning at bit of value at 7/1 for hurler of the year?

Was better than last year when he won it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

djPSB wrote: »
    Surely Joe Canning at bit of value at 7/1 for hurler of the year?

Was better than last year when he won it.
    I dont think he is at all to be honest nd is not helped by the system they use, if he is nominated then it will be 2 Galway (Mannion is  cert to be nominated) v one Limerick and we get the split vote scenario again, for that reason if you think he will be nominated then Hannon is the value.
    Personally I think they might try and nominate 3 from 3 different counties to avoid the above and John Conlon gives them the latitude to do that - Mannion, Hannon and Conlon and in that scenario Mannion wins all day every day.

Pogue eile wrote: »
    I dont think he is at all to be honest nd is not helped by the system they use, if he is nominated then it will be 2 Galway (Mannion is  cert to be nominated) v one Limerick and we get the split vote scenario again, for that reason if you think he will be nominated then Hannon is the value.
    Personally I think they might try and nominate 3 from 3 different counties to avoid the above and John Conlon gives them the latitude to do that - Mannion, Hannon and Conlon and in that scenario Mannion wins all day every day.

I can't understand how people still think Mannion is hurler of the year after Sunday. I couldn't believe the whole panel on the Sunday Game gave him their vote and then say he was poor today. He was terrible and very lucky not to be sent off. Cian Lynch for me was very good all year and very unlucky not to be at least nominated for man of the match on Sunday.

Canning was second favourite to McInerney last year as well and won it, he could easily win it again and I think he deserves it but I wouldn't back him because these things are finnicky.

I think Graham Mulcahy will get it. No way should Hannon be nominated never mind win it, simply didn't play well enough all year. Mulcahy was consistently chipping in every game. Mulcahy almost quietly gets the job done and makes a huge impact every game and he's obviously doing good things keeping lads like Dowling, Casey, Reidy, Nash off the team. I think it would be a lovely story for him to get it, probably one of the least talked about Limerick players on that team up until recently and one of the least talked about forwards in the game. @7.5 on Boyles is tremendous value

I think Mannion will be like McInerney last year, he might feel a little hard done by but still hard to argue he was robbed.

Mannion-Canning-Mulcahy would be my nominations and all three have some right to win it I think. I don't think there's anyone else who really has claim to it. Hannon not brilliant consistently for me. Conlon was unplayable a good few games but kept quiet in other games. Duggan had some great moments but take away his frees and his input isn't as startling as someone like Canning. Kyle Hayes has more claim to it than some but because of his age there's next to no chance he'll get a nomination. Gillane if he didn't get sent off vs Cork, took one or two of those goal chances and held onto his hurley would be a nomination for sure. A lot of ifs yeah but he's an outstanding hurler and I cannot wait to see what he's like when he's matured. Cian Lynch is a good lad, a terrific hurler and to see him put the head down and be more selective with his flair and put in the donkey work was great to see. He's a very popular lad too and that sways things but I don't think he had a big enough impact to get nominated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Would any one consider shane dowling ,i taught he turned the semi final after coming on as well as scoring winning goal in final .He played very well against waterford but i did not see any other limerick games

cute geoge wrote: »
    Would any one consider shane dowling ,i taught he turned the semi final after coming on as well as scoring winning goal in final .He played very well against waterford but i did not see any other limerick games

Giving it to a guy who's only played a handful of 10-15 min cameos would be an absolute travesty tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Wexford96

Canning was second favourite to McInerney last year as well and won it, he could easily win it again and I think he deserves it but I wouldn't back him because these things are finnicky.

I think Graham Mulcahy will get it. No way should Hannon be nominated never mind win it, simply didn't play well enough all year. Mulcahy was consistently chipping in every game. Mulcahy almost quietly gets the job done and makes a huge impact every game and he's obviously doing good things keeping lads like Dowling, Casey, Reidy, Nash off the team. I think it would be a lovely story for him to get it, probably one of the least talked about Limerick players on that team up until recently and one of the least talked about forwards in the game. @7.5 on Boyles is tremendous value

I think Mannion will be like McInerney last year, he might feel a little hard done by but still hard to argue he was robbed.

Mannion-Canning-Mulcahy would be my nominations and all three have some right to win it I think. I don't think there's anyone else who really has claim to it. Hannon not brilliant consistently for me. Conlon was unplayable a good few games but kept quiet in other games. Duggan had some great moments but take away his frees and his input isn't as startling as someone like Canning. Kyle Hayes has more claim to it than some but because of his age there's next to no chance he'll get a nomination. Gillane if he didn't get sent off vs Cork, took one or two of those goal chances and held onto his hurley would be a nomination for sure. A lot of ifs yeah but he's an outstanding hurler and I cannot wait to see what he's like when he's matured. Cian Lynch is a good lad, a terrific hurler and to see him put the head down and be more selective with his flair and put in the donkey work was great to see. He's a very popular lad too and that sways things but I don't think he had a big enough impact to get nominated.
    Nice description of CIan Lynch amd the role he played in 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Wexford96

Nice description of CIan Lynch amd the role he played in 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Marv8 wrote: »
    I can't understand how people still think Mannion is hurler of the year after Sunday. I couldn't believe the whole panel on the Sunday Game gave him their vote and then say he was poor today. He was terrible and very lucky not to be sent off. Cian Lynch for me was very good all year and very unlucky not to be at least nominated for man of the match on Sunday.

Mannion was poor on Sunday but was mostly excellent all Championship. 1 bad game out of 9 shouldn't rule him out.Hes a cert to be nominated imo and is the most likely winner.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Mannion was poor on Sunday but was mostly excellent all Championship. 1 bad game out of 9 shouldn't rule him out.Hes a cert to be nominated imo and is the most likely winner.

How often have we seen somebody get it based on only a good All Ireland (and maybe half decent semi final) after not being great all year? I think the same should apply in this case, he was very very poor in the final and double points seem to be awarded for a final performance. Having said that, he does seem the most likely winner as the media had him picked for it before the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Who has won it based only on a good final ?

yabadabado wrote: »

Lar in 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭mjp

yabadabado wrote:

Its more all stars than hurler of the year players get on back of a good final. Mulcahy prime example of this. Not even a mention for an all star all year round and then all of a sudden he's been consistently good and chipping in with scores in every game. Didn't hear anyone mention him before final and it was Aaron Gillane that was going to get the hurler of year if Limerick won according to bookies and punters before the final. Things can swing very quickly based on final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭mjp

Marv8 wrote:
    Lar in 2010.

Lar had an outstanding year throughout that year though and was in his prime back then. Scored 3 goals in final against Kilkenny which is no mean feat but had scored 6-11 from play across championship so wasn't just based on one final performance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement