Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

bet365 went 15/2 on no goal, they seem to price it differently and not via the goalscorer market but via first team to score

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭radonicus

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    First time cashing out in about 2 years, 3 minutes left, Monaghan still 4 up, only about 7 euro lost.

Attachment not found.

Put the spare change on the draw then when it went to 3 points, because it's Kerry

Attachment not found.

Is there a specific time where you cannot cash out past? Seemed to be around the 67 minute mark yesterday, unfortunately.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,510 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

radonicus wrote: »
    Is there a specific time where you cannot cash out past? Seemed to be around the 67 minute mark yesterday, unfortunately.

Cash out is normally not available After around 68/69 minute, it does vary though.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭CapsLock20

Any thoughts on the All Stars? Rory Beggan might just be a shoe in already. Eoin Murphy in the hurling? Daithi Burke and John Conlon? It will be interesting to see how the latter two get on in their duel on Saturday.

For a bit of value, I like Tom Flynn at 8/1. After Brian Fenton, midfield looks wide open.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

IN the half backs, Brian Howard looking very good for one, but odds on.
    If Monaghan come through next weekend, Karl O Connor should be picking one up too.

In terms of forwards, do you think anyone who gets knocked out this weekend will prob fall out of the reckoning i.e. McManus / Clifford / Murphy?

• Advertisement

IN the half backs, Brian Howard looking very good for one, but odds on.
    If Monaghan come through next weekend, Karl O Connor should be picking one up too.

In terms of forwards, do you think anyone who gets knocked out this weekend will prob fall out of the reckoning i.e. McManus / Clifford / Murphy?

Howard looks a good one for wing back indeed. He's 21 going on 22... Does he fit the criteria for young player of the year? I can't find betting for YPOTY but David Clifford and Sean Andy O Ceallaigh should be up for it too.

Agree that Karl O'Connell is having a fantastic season.

Yep. I reckon Kerry won't get any All Stars if they don't make the last four.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭DubCount

Sadly, I can't see Monaghan getting out of their group now. I think there is a maximum of 1 gong for them as a result. I suspect McManus is the most likely recipient. I dont see Rory Beggan getting an award if Monaghan dont get to an AI Semi Final.

I think Donegal need a win against Tyrone before Murphy gets the nod.

The history of All Stars suggests well over half the awards go to the finalists, and very few outside the semi-finalists get a look in.

DubCount wrote: »
    Sadly, I can't see Monaghan getting out of their group now. I think there is a maximum of 1 gong for them as a result. I suspect McManus is the most likely recipient. I dont see Rory Beggan getting an award if Monaghan dont get to an AI Semi Final.

I think Donegal need a win against Tyrone before Murphy gets the nod.

The history of All Stars suggests well over half the awards go to the finalists, and very few outside the semi-finalists get a look in.

At the moment, Rory Beggan is head and shoulders above the rest of the goalkeeper's still in contention. Regardless of whether Monaghan get to the semi finals or not, I think he will be All Star goalkeeper. He would have to an absolute howler in Salthill! He was exceptional against Tyrone, Kildare and Kerry. As the betting suggests, Stephen Cluxton is his only threat but I can't see him beating Beggan even if Dublin win the All Ireland. It's worth mentioning that Cluxton only played 90 odd minutes of the Leinster SFC after going off injured early in the semi final and that may go against him. There is a possibility that Jim Gavin might put Evan Comerford between the sticks for the dead rubber against Roscommon but I highly doubt this will happen.

You're right in saying well over half the All Stars generally go to the finalists, with tokens going to the semi finalists/quarter finalists/provincial champions.

As well, only two provincial champions in the last five years have missed out on the All Stars.

Here's the Football All Stars breakdown from the last five years:
    2017: All Ireland finalists (13), Semi finalists (2)
    2016: All Ireland finalists (10), Semi finalists (2), Quarter finalists (3)
    2015: All Ireland finalists (11), Semi finalists (3), Quarter finalists (1)
    2014: All Ireland finalists (9), Semi finalists (6)
    2013: All Ireland finalists (10), Semi finalists (3), Quarter finalists (2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

DubCount wrote: »

But that history is based on the old championship structure, the increased high profile games will surely see an increase in the awards given to non-fianlists and semi-finalists.

Pogue eile wrote: »
    But that history is based on the old championship structure, the increased high profile games will surely see an increase in the awards given to non-fianlists and semi-finalists.

Very true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Pogue eile wrote: »

From the same viewpoint, we could also say that performances in the Provincial championships and qualifiers are nearly disregarded as the new Quarter finals are so high profile

So, for example, Comer was very good in Connacht but hasn't lit up the Super 8's yet (at least not to Walsh level), so Walsh above Comer for all star?

And re Dublin, its the players starting to hit form now, Howard / McCarthy, that will be favs for All Stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

From the same viewpoint, we could also say that performances in the Provincial championships and qualifiers are nearly disregarded as the new Quarter finals are so high profile

So, for example, Comer was very good in Connacht but hasn't lit up the Super 8's yet (at least not to Walsh level), so Walsh above Comer for all star?

And re Dublin, its the players starting to hit form now, Howard / McCarthy, that will be favs for All Stars.

Fully agree, its all about the 'Super 8's' now when looking at these markets, and I use the term Super very loosely!!

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ekels

Made some hay in the Munster final on John Conlan over 2.5 points. He beat that in the first half. He's on the same for Galway but the chances are that Daithi Burke will pick him up.

Johnny Glynn over 1.5 might be another interesting shout as the Clare full back might get caught out of position. Shane O'Donnell is on 1.5 also so there is probably something in that for both players even though the last time O'Donnell played in Croker we all know what happened.

In the Meath SFC tonight, Seneschalstown are overpriced at 10/3 to beat champions Simonstown.

Simonstown are down a number of players like Shane O'Rourke, Sean Tobin and Padraig McKeever - arguably their three best from last year.

Seneschalstown are no great shakes, still depending on Joe Sheridan, but considering these losses for Simonstown, they are worth a score at those odds.

CapsLock20 wrote: »
    In the Meath SFC tonight, Seneschalstown are overpriced at 10/3 to beat champions Simonstown.

Simonstown are down a number of players like Shane O'Rourke, Sean Tobin and Padraig McKeever - arguably their three best from last year.

Seneschalstown are no great shakes, still depending on Joe Sheridan, but considering these losses for Simonstown, they are worth a score at those odds.

Odds are from Boylesports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dickie9

Odds are from Boylesports.

7/4 Boylesports now!

Dickie9 wrote: »
    7/4 Boylesports now!

Odds are about right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Kildangan look a touch big at 2/1 against Nenagh in the Tipp hurling, very little between these teams. I'm told Shinrone are a good price at 1/2 against Kinnity in Offaly hurling also.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 AbitaTASS

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Kildangan look a touch big at 2/1 against Nenagh in the Tipp hurling, very little between these teams. I'm told Shinrone are a good price at 1/2 against Kinnity in Offaly hurling also.

Kildangan missing a few which tips it in nenaghs favour

AbitaTASS wrote: »
    Kildangan missing a few which tips it in nenaghs favour

I heard the 2 are back from America, Hugh Maloney and Pierce Morris said to be out for Nenagh. It'll be a dour scrap in the current weather.

• Advertisement

A pair of draws.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 AbitaTASS

A pair of draws.

I was going to do a bet but once it started pissing it was best leave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭iiHyPeRize

Surely Colm O'Rourke's All Star acca on Paddy Power is worth a punt: Johnny Cooper, James McCarthy, Ciaran Kilkenny, Brian Fenton and Damien Comer to get an all star - 10/1.

Fenton, McCarthy, Kilkenny are dead certs I think. If Galway reach an All Ireland final which they probably will, Comer WILL get an All Star (he'll probably get one even if they go out in the semis). Cooper might be the one to let you down here, but he's such a crucial player for Dublin, if they win an All Ireland - I can't see him not getting it. He's 5/6 to win one with PP so there's a lot of value in this bet.

Stephen Cluxton at 6/4 to win an all star could be attractive. Beggan is the best keeper in the country by a mile, but if Monaghan don't make the semis, there's a chance he won't get it. Shortish price, and he has missed a couple of games through injury - for those wanting to take on Rory Beggan, it's a decent price. If Monaghan make the semis, I think Beggan wins it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ekels

iiHyPeRize wrote: »
    Surely Colm O'Rourke's All Star acca on Paddy Power is worth a punt: Johnny Cooper, James McCarthy, Ciaran Kilkenny, Brian Fenton and Damien Comer to get an all star - 10/1.

Fenton, McCarthy, Kilkenny are dead certs I think. If Galway reach an All Ireland final which they probably will, Comer WILL get an All Star (he'll probably get one even if they go out in the semis). Cooper might be the one to let you down here, but he's such a crucial player for Dublin, if they win an All Ireland - I can't see him not getting it. He's 5/6 to win one with PP so there's a lot of value in this bet.

Stephen Cluxton at 6/4 to win an all star could be attractive. Beggan is the best keeper in the country by a mile, but if Monaghan don't make the semis, there's a chance he won't get it. Shortish price, and he has missed a couple of games through injury - for those wanting to take on Rory Beggan, it's a decent price. If Monaghan make the semis, I think Beggan wins it though.

I fancy Beggan to take it and I even think Brody of Laois will take it if he doesn't.

365 has no goal at 25/1 in both hurling semi finals. The bet has landed a couple of times this summer. The Irish firms have it at 16s.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

365 has no goal at 25/1 in both hurling semi finals. The bet has landed a couple of times this summer. The Irish firms have it at 16s.

Very possible. Anybody else tempted by Clare today? They're 3/1 on PP yet EVS on the spread at +4? Seems a small spread considering their outright price.

Simonstown won 3-15 to 2-6:(:( Despite missing six of their starting 15 from the 2017 Meath SFC final.

Simonstown - Robbie Burlingham; Shane Gallagher, Stephen Moran, Niall McMahon; Brian McGrath, Brian Conlon, Niall Kane; Shane O'Rourke (0-1), Conor Nash; Sean Tobin (0-1), Nicky O'Brien, Mark McCabe; Nathan O'Brien, Conor Sheridan (1-2), Padraig McKeever (C) (1-4, 0-2fs). Subs - James Kilcullen for Conlon (20), Seamus Kenny (0-1) for Nicky O'Brien (38), Joe Lyons for Tobin (54), Michael Brennan for Nathan O'Brien (57).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

I've gone for the double at 625/1!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

You can hardly do All Star accumulators can you? They would all be related bets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Short odds but you can get 4/11 on hawkeye being used during the game. Did this for one of the recent games, either KK-Gal or KK-Lim, and made me sweat but finally came through after an hour or thereabouts. Dont know the stats, but cant see there are many games where it isn't used. It will do as one leg of a treble for me anyway.

Wet and windy today so the points total of 49.5 could be high enough. Dont see too many goals so the 16/1 no goals scored isn't a bad shout. Going to play safe with under 2.5 at 7/5 as well as no Clare goal at 13/5.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement