Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Reset

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Dionaibh

but why would anybody listen to him in particular? what is he adding?

Because he's saying what's going to happen in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 16,541 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Dionaibh wrote: »
    Because I know it would frighten me.

So rather than read the book and form an opinion on the actual totality of its content and context?

You prefer to read summaries and reviews that highlight a particularly conspiratorial bent to the book?
    Because you feel you may be frightened by the book?

It's like basing your opinion of the Mona Lisa, on a review of it by a half blind art historian who believes anything not by an impressionist is crass...

Yet you will parrot others opinions of a work, without reading it, understanding it, contextualising it or indeed rationally discussing either potential merits or cons to any proposal laid out in the book.

You are at best on the wind up, but at worst an intellectually dishonest attention seeker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Dionaibh

banie01 wrote: »
    So rather than read the book and form an opinion on the actual totality of its content and context?

You prefer to read summaries and reviews that highlight a particularly conspiratorial bent to the book?
    Because you feel you may be frightened by the book?

It's like basing your opinion of the Mona Lisa, on a review of it by a half blind art historian who believes anything not by an impressionist is crass...

Yet you will parrot others opinions of a work, without reading it, understanding it, contextualising it or indeed rationally discussing either potential merits or cons to any proposal laid out in the book.

You are at best on the wind up, but at worst an intellectually dishonest attention seeker.

But I've explained that I listened to interviews with Schwab, and how it is how far-reaching it is that frightens me. Without knowing the specifics of what they're set to propose, the idea of resetting the planet is enough to worry me.

No real need to read this singular book anyway, when more accurate (updated) information regarding this Great Reset, are all readily available online from the source:
    https://intelligence.weforum.org/topics/a1G0X000006OLciUAG?tab=publications

There are also plentyful of reports downloadable, platforms or framework descriptions to give an idea of the monumental changes planned ahead.
    Can you point to a specific document that says something awful?
    'the environment' will make up <15% of the topics.

Certainly the informal end of casual int'l travel and tourism wil save countless trees.

Can you point to the WEF proposing the end of casual international travel? Or is this something you've stated that isn't based on the actual proposals?
    Because his prediction makes sense when one considers the year 2025 is the end date for the World Bank's Covid Action Plan and the year deagel.com is forecasting massive depopulation to occur in.

And your conclusion is up there with the world ending in 2012.
    Everything? Including the crushing of democracy and mandatory vaccines?

Plenty of countries already have legislation that allow for mandatory vaccines. The UK has for over a hundred and fifty years. In the US it was recognised as constitutionally legal and certain states do enforce mandatory vaccines. Personally I'd tend to favour them, we would have eliminated the likes of measles for example if it wasn't for people who think vaccines are a nefarious agenda.

Countries likely will consider not allowing travel into their region by people who aren't vaccinated against covid. That's pretty reasonable.

But I've explained that I listened to interviews with Schwab, and how it is how far-reaching it is that frightens me. Without knowing the specifics of what they're set to propose, the idea of resetting the planet is enough to worry me.

So you referenced microchip implants... Meanwhile the WEF have a reasonable article on the topic... They're pretty much on the fence on the subject, leaning towards opposing them in fact by raising health concerns.
    https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/08/microchip-in-your-hand-rfid-32m/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,541 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Your 1st post made reference to and based your stance on Schwab's book or rather some reviews of the scary time that left you afraid of the actual book.

You cannot debate or even posit a belief on the book without actually reading it.
    His interviews give a shape, but they aren't his published book are they?
    It's incredible intellectual dishonesty to base a critique of a book, any book and it's ideas on others descriptions of it and upon utterances of the author in interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,209 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Because he's saying what's going to happen in the future

he is regurgitating what other people are saying and trying to sell a book in the process

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Can you point to a specific document that says something awful?
    A subjective term. The Great Reset (as you already know by now), can be both good and bad for the individual. The risks however of wayward rushed policies are heightended due to The huge pace and scope of the changes. This is the important factor withint The Great Reset.

Much of the policy is to be defined, but smaller nations and individuals certainly won't have a say nor choice regardless.
    Can you point to the WEF proposing the end of casual international travel? Or is this something you've stated that isn't based on the actual proposals?
    Aside from new environmental policies to disrupt casual travel (all x20 UN targets on sustainability were missed last month), they won't all be missed (again) in 2025.
    WEF: We will travel again, but it will not be the same. Even if borders reopen, travellers must trust that boarding a plane is safe and that they will be able to enter the destination country. New health safety protocols and systems will need to be in place, and these have yet to be defined. As governments and industry plan for recovery in this new context and adapt to changing traveller behaviour, the use of digital identity and biometrics technologies could restore trust while also ensuring a seamless journey
    And your conclusion is up there with the world ending in 2012.
    ?Eh. Show were this silly claim was ever made by me, otherwise you are simply talking toilet.
    Plenty of countries already have legislation that allow for mandatory vaccines.
    Plenty of countries also allow folks to opt out, even when mandatory. The penalty this time will be more severe. Along with vaccines (multi-dose, bi-annual) is the likely digital identifer embodiment. You will need both the vaccine, and then eventually also (blockchain) digital embodiment. This is to satisfy the requirement for Digital Immunity Certification. The current best of class solution is Gate's very own Quantum Dot Tattoo to achieve this.

There is plenty of folks here e.g. the chap with the 'tree falling' name, that won't even use the App, nor bluetooth, nor abide by simple state lockdown advice. What's the chance's this average Joe will take a nano-tech tracking embodiment? Zero.

Cool, ominous promises but still not actually pointing to anything from the WEF.

• Advertisement

That's all about bringing travel back rather than limiting or preventing casual travel.

That's all about bringing travel back rather than limiting or preventing casual travel.
    So all back to the way it was, a casual 1wk trip down to Aus with all the new 'green guilt'? Unlikely.

As per the WEF link:
    We will travel again, but it will not be the same.
    Even if borders reopen, travellers must trust that boarding a plane is safe and that they will be able to enter the destination country. New health safety protocols and systems will need to be in place, and these have yet to be defined. As governments and industry plan for recovery in this new context and adapt to changing traveller behaviour, the use of digital identity and biometrics technologies could restore trust while also ensuring a seamless journey

Which inks to a new travel industry ID (paperless/cardless/passportless) 'One ID', a single biometric identifer. Looks very much like the WEF partner (Rockerfeller) funded CommonPass Framework, and the other Rockerfeller funded blockchain ID project id2020.org, also funded and partnered by Gates (the QuantumDotTatoo digital immunity cert).

Certainly it has some benefits, it also has issues. By holding a 'one for all' type digital ID.
    But if it ever gets hacked, corrupted, system failed or switched off, you'd be lucky even to get access to the airport toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Because I know it would frighten me.

Lol that's a very silly and childish position.

But what if you read it and you realise that you and the cranks you trust were wrong?

You said you read both sides, but now you are saying you aren't reading one side because the other said says it too scary for you.

Again this is so childish and silly I suspect you aren't being genuine.
    You are either playing the part of a ridiculously naive and hypocritical person, or you and trying to disguise your real reason for not reading the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,209 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

King Mob wrote: »
    Lol that's a very silly and childish position.

But what if you read it and you realise that you and the cranks you trust were wrong?

You said you read both sides, but now you are saying you aren't reading one side because the other said says it too scary for you.

Again this is so childish and silly I suspect you aren't being genuine.
    You are either playing the part of a ridiculously naive and hypocritical person, or you and trying to disguise your real reason for not reading the book.

to be fair the main reason for not reading the book is that it is probably a terrible read.

to be fair the main reason for not reading the book is that it is probably a terrible read.
    Oh probably.
    That's why conspiracy theories exist. Real politics and economics are boring and difficult to understand.
    Conspiracy theories make it easy to pretend you understand and have exciting secret knowledge normal sheeple don't have.

Supply and demand curves are great fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

• Registered Users Posts: 25,434 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Yeah

It looks like a.12 year old created that site and wrote that "article"

"facial recognition, tracking people, and synthetic biology vaccines"

Video at the bottom (42 secs long). Klaus Schwab mentioning a few benefits of his Great Reset / "4th Industrial Revolution".

Ghastly character. Reminds me of another German fella from back in the 30's.

https://twitter.com/cyrilhouri/status/1318641994990747653

• Registered Users Posts: 17,799 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

"facial recognition, tracking people, and synthetic biology vaccines"

Video at the bottom (42 secs long). Klaus Schwab mentioning a few benefits of his Great Reset / "4th Industrial Revolution".

Ghastly character. Reminds me of another German fella from back in the 30's.

https://twitter.com/cyrilhouri/status/1318641994990747653

I remember years, even decades back when individuals were fear-mongering about CCTV and barcodes and how we'd be "enslaved" by the powers-that-be, nothing changes.

• Advertisement

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    I remember years, even decades back when individuals were fear-mongering about CCTV and barcodes and how we'd be "enslaved" by the powers-that-be, nothing changes.
    Barcodes? Like on cornflakes boxes?
    Lol, sounds like a faulty memory at play.

Meanwhile ask the 1m Uighurs how they feel about actual dynamic QRCodes, and having to scan them when buying kitchen cultery, to scratch themselves, and enter their own doors, all while living under the watchful eye of authorities.

Only this weeek the Met in Ldn, tried the 'ver are ze papers' (address, names and photo ID) for punters going for a quick pint or pie, but had to crawl back from the 'despotic' proposal after a backlash from the hospitality industry.
    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/covid-rules-in-london-met-ditches-despotic-demand-for-venues-to-check-id/ar-BB1agcUW

• Registered Users Posts: 25,434 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Meanwhile ask the 1m Uighurs how they feel about actual dynamic QRCodes, and having to scan them when buying kitchen cultery, to scratch themselves, and enter their own doors, all while living under the watchful eye of authorities.

Only this weeek the Met in Ldn, tried the 'ver are ze papers' (address, names and photo ID) for punters going for a quick pint or pie, but had to crawl back from the 'despotic' proposal after a backlash from the hospitality industry.
    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/covid-rules-in-london-met-ditches-despotic-demand-for-venues-to-check-id/ar-BB1agcUW

And yet you and others claim we will all be under the jackboot soon, unable to buy anything or go anywhere unless we have our tattoos/chips. Yet here you have it in your own post about how people will not stand for anything even close to what you propose.

Yet here you have it in your own post about how people will not stand for anything even close to what you propose.
    Like Manchester's Mayor, the wider Hospitality Industry can very easily get told what to do, expect, what it will get, and that's it. The only difference was they backed down on this proposal at the very last minute, this time. A coin flip.

Only for the The British Beer & Pub Association and The Night Time Industries Association raising a protest, there may have not been a climbdown at all.

As the boss of Wetherspoons stated:
    “If Boris, Hancock and co are not deliberately despotic, they’re certainly innumerate and incompetent – and are playing a dangerous game with civil liberties.”

Yup, sorry but you are far from the first "mark of the beast" technology alarmist here on boards

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=65924490
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=62920426
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=55083451
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055572266

CbsP8REVIAAYceu.jpg

Barcodes, CCTV, rfid, vaccines, microchips, cashless, facial recognition, yadda, yadda

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Barcodes, CCTV, rfid, vaccines, microchips, cashless, facial recognition, yadda, yadda
    Some random link to some randomer back in 2010 (haven't clicked the rest of the links as also likely irrelevant).

All a bit desperate and 'try hard' TBH.

However, that aside, what you describe: CCTV, RFID, vaccines, microchips, cashless, facial recognition and (the yadda, yadda?)
    Are indeed all factors included in TBR by the WEF & DAVOS (with schemes funded an in partnership with Gates/Rockerfeller/GAVI and so on).

https://intelligence.weforum.org/topics/a1G0X000006OLciUAG?tab=publications
    Plenty of others too (but not barcodes, lol). Blockchain, DigitalIDs and IOT amongst others all feature strongly as technology tools in this reset.

But larger that all that, is a full global hard reset of the wider ranging current global socio-economic models.
    https://www.weforum.org/press/2020/06/the-great-reset-a-unique-twin-summit-to-begin-2021

Some random link to some randomer back in 2010 (haven't clicked the rest of the links as also likely irrelevant).

It's weird you call him a randomer, as he seems to share a lot of beliefs with you.

But it's all relevant because these links are basically the same stuff you are claiming now, just 10 years ago.
    This demonstrates the issue with your claims.
    It's been claimed before and we're still waiting for the New World Order/mark of the beast to come.

In 10 years I'm sure someone else will be claiming the exact same stuff you are and calling you a randomer and doing his level best to distance himself from your failed predictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

King Mob wrote: »
    It's weird you call him a randomer, as he seems to share a lot of beliefs with you.

But it's all relevant because these links are basically the same stuff you are claiming now, just 10 years ago.
    This demonstrates the issue with your claims.
    It's been claimed before and we're still waiting for the New World Order/mark of the beast to come.

In 10 years I'm sure someone else will be claiming the exact same stuff you are and calling you a randomer and doing his level best to distance himself from your failed predictions.

They were claiming it nearly 100 years ago. Still waiting. This isn't a new thing.

But Christians are still waiting on the return of Jesus. Over 2000 years later.....

Every week, repeating this, for 2000 years.

Christ has died,
    Christ has risen,
    Christ will come again.

There are "mark of beast" types who were warning everyone about barcodes. You don't believe this, so I provided links, which you didn't bother to read.

Oh sorry to interrupt, you were fearmongering everyone about technology due to your "mark of the beast" beliefs, please continue..

The Nal wrote: »
    They were claiming it nearly 100 years ago. Still waiting. This isn't a new thing.

But Christians are still waiting on the return of Jesus. Over 2000 years later.....

Christ has died,
    Christ has risen,
    Christ will come again.

Kind of like how the NWO/Illuminati/UN/fascists/communists/etc are always just about to take over, like rapture it's just around the corner

• Advertisement

The Nal wrote: »

Christ has died,
    Christ has risen,
    Christ will come again.

Apparently certain branches of Christianity in the US viewed the telegraph lines being erected as a sign of doomsday times. Whatever the technologies, you get similar conspiracies. Imagine you had similar from the industrial revolution too.

Advertisement