Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal "Carbon allowance", "Green" fascism and barcode tracking a step closer,

Options
  • 09-11-2009 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

According to the Telegraph "Everyone in Britain should have an annual carbon ration and be penalized if they use too much fuel, the head of the Environment Agency will say.

Lord Smith of Finsbury believes that implementing individual carbon allowances for every person will be the most effective way of meeting the targets for cutting greenhouse gas emissions.

It would involve people being issued with a unique number which they would hand over when purchasing products that contribute to their carbon footprint, such as fuel, airline tickets and electricity
    ".

731ill.jpg

During the war a book was handed out to individuals, in order to purchase fuel and basics one had to produce this book. We have moved on, electronic "smart cards", digital wands, bar coding and e tagging have taken over the logistics of stock control and have proven quite accurate and effective.

I believe that this will go a step further and we will be taxed according to every single consumer product we purchase. Everything would be taken into consideration including raw materials, packaging, distance the product has traveled, whether it was shipped or carried via air.

The only way to keep track of all consumer products is to monitor them from a central database using the existing product code. At the end of each statement the carbon footprint of all the products you have purchased would be totted up and deducted against your carbon credits.

The authorities would then have effectively logged all your movements and purchasing habit's. :eek:

You arrive at a self service checkout and intend to purchase an item, next thing you get a loud beep and a message calling for assistance. You know damn well you have exceeded your carbon rations. :eek:

Of course what ever happens in Britain eventually gets duplicated around the rest of Europe just like their intrusive surveillance laws.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/carbon/6527970/Everyone-in-Britain-could-be-given-a-personal-carbon-allowance.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

Did you must the crucial word in the headline;
    Everyone in Britain could be given a personal 'carbon allowance'

And
    An Environment Agency spokesman said only those with "extravagant lifestyles" would be affected by the carbon allowances.

I always find it funny when conspiracy theorists cite the Daily Mail, as part of the fearmongering about a global fascist state. Lord Rothermere was a staunch supporter of the British Union of Fascists and a defender and supporter of Mussolini and Hitler.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

I believe that this will go a step further and we will be taxed according to every single consumer product we purchase. Everything would be taken into consideration including raw materials, packaging, distance the product has traveled, whether it was shipped or carried via air.

You realise this already happens right?
    VAT?

And the producers have to pay taxes on the materials the use to make the product? Why would we have to pay that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

King Mob wrote: »
    You realize this already happens right?
    VAT?
    Vat is only to an extent "track & trace" to those that are registered with a VAT number. Joe Soap who purchases something with cash is not required to have a VAT record of his purchase although he pays the tax. :rolleyes:

Vat is only "track & trace" to those that are registered with a VAT number. Joe Soap who purchases something with cash is not required to have a VAT record of his purchase although he pays the tax. :rolleyes:
    So then what the hell are you talking about?

They are going to continue doing what they are doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

RTDH.... love the poster, so fitting for you......

so I am sure you can tell me how Lord Smith of Finsbury fits into the NWO??
    what part he plays and how i he is related to the NWO?????????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

robtri wrote: »
    RTDH.... love the poster, so fitting for you......

so I am sure you can tell me how Lord Smith of Finsbury fits into the NWO??
    what part he plays and how i he is related to the NWO?????????

The poster RtdH attached, was I hasten to add, a poster compelling people to ride share during WW2, because of crippling fuel rationing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Dont let your frustrations get the better of you.

Your trying to compare VAT collection with what is being proposed by this up and coming fascist green agenda. :rolleyes:

Your trying to compare VAT collection with what is being proposed by this up and coming fascist green agenda. :rolleyes:

No, you are.

You said:

This already happens.
    We are charged VAT on products we buy, and manufacturers are charged taxes on importing the product or the materials to make it.

So you're saying that they will go one step further past "carbon rationing" to do exactly what they are doing now.

No, you are.

You said:

This already happens.
    We are charged VAT on products we buy, and manufacturers are charged taxes on importing the product or the materials to make it.

So you're saying that they will go one step further past "carbon rationing" to do exactly what they are doing now.
    They will go one step further and register every tom dick and harry for carbon tax assessment instead of those that are currently eligible for the threshold of VAT. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

They will go one step further and register every tom dick and harry for carbon tax assessment instead of those that are currently eligible for the threshold of VAT. :rolleyes:
    But that's not what you said.

Your argument isn't very consistent.

Also you seem to missing the part of this article where it says this rationing system isn't even a formal proposal yet.

I'll hazard a guess and say this is another thing that will be "just around the corner" for the next 10 years.

But that's not what you said.

Your argument isn't very consistent.

Also you seem to missing the part of this article where it says this rationing system isn't even a formal proposal yet.

I'll hazard a guess and say this is another thing that will be "just around the corner" for the next 10 years.
    We shall se what Copenhagen shall bring us. :)

qpf4fs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,508 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

For the sake of the thread staying on topic, or more to the point going back on topic, please visit this link for all VAT related queries... http://www.revenue.ie/en/index.html

As for carbon tax, I feel that it will inevitably be introduced and will be one of the greatest swindles of all time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

It's just a silly proposal made by some British lord, probably after a heavy session with some ladies of the night helped clear his mind (or not as the case may be...)

However in this day and age of the green hippy lovers, it probably will be given some serious thought in the guise of helping the environment but really just another method of creating cash through yet another personal tax.

On the point of RFID's, I've seen them firsthand being used in massive logistics operations by the red cross and US army and have to say, with hand on heart, that I was completely blown away by how much difference those little chips made to such huge operations.

I know people might have some privacy concerns and worries about the RFID technology being abused but they do also have great ability to help in logistical operations, particularly so in emergencies/disaster operations around the world.

No doubt if something like what was proposed in the original post were brought in, RFID could make it all work a lot more effectively then conventional methods.

Nehaxak wrote: »
    It's just a silly proposal made by some British lord, probably after a heavy session with some ladies of the night helped clear his mind (or not as the case may be...)

However in this day and age of the green hippy lovers, it probably will be given some serious thought in the guise of helping the environment but really just another method of creating cash through yet another personal tax.

On the point of RFID's, I've seen them firsthand being used in massive logistics operations by the red cross and US army and have to say, with hand on heart, that I was completely blown away by how much difference those little chips made to such huge operations.

I know people might have some privacy concerns and worries about the RFID technology being abused but they do also have great ability to help in logistical operations, particularly so in emergencies/disaster operations around the world.

No doubt if something like what was proposed in the original post were brought in, RFID could make it all work a lot more effectively then conventional methods.

Some valid points about RFID there, however it should always be down to personal choice regarding having one implanted into your body. Things like that should never be forced against peoples will and that is the crux of the wider argument on RFID.

RFID chip have got so small these days they are virtually invisible, some Ct's fear they could be injected into the body along with vaccines unknowingly. :eek:

(I don't believe that because we are all supposed to have the choice when the time if the implant comes). However I do believe the ruiling powers will slowly but surely condition the populations to accept jabs on a more regular basis which will in turn lead to the injected implant which is another form of jab in itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

RFID chip have got so small these days they are virtually invisible, some Ct's fear they could be injected into the body along with vaccines unknowingly. :eek:

(I don't believe that because we are all supposed to have the choice when the time if the implant comes). However I do believe the ruiling powers will slowly but surely condition the populations to accept jabs on a more regular basis which will in turn lead to the injected implant which is another form of jab in itself.

Yep nanotechnology...

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭samson09

Apparently they can make these chips approximately 1/8th the diamter of a human hair thesedays. Ive also heard they have these in euro notes, somewhere along the strip. If you put a euro note in a microwave you'll end up with a burnt hole in the note showing where the chip was (havent tried this myself as I tossed my microwave years ago!)

RFIDeuro.jpg

RFIDeuros.jpg

What else could be inside the note that would cause this to happen?

http://www.propagandamatrix.com/010304rfidtagsineuros.html

If anyone has a microwave and a spare fiver they dont mind messing with, I'd be interested to see what happens!

samson09 wrote: »
    Apparently they can make these chips approximately 1/8th the diamter of a human hair thesedays. Ive also heard they have these in euro notes, somewhere along the strip. If you put a euro note in a microwave you'll end up with a burnt hole in the note showing where the chip was (havent tried this myself as I tossed my microwave years ago!)

If anyone has a microwave and a spare fiver they dont mind messing with, I'd be interested to see what happens!
    I believe powder chips have been used in tickets and legal tender for quite a while, I wouldn't get too paranoid about them as they change hands so often also you can fry them easily in a microwave or keep them in a faraday wallet. :)

I would be more concerned about assigned touch cards used in transit systems as they will pinpoint and log all your day to day movements.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,481 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

The only way to keep track of all consumer products is to monitor them from a central database using the existing product code. At the end of each statement the carbon footprint of all the products you have purchased would be totted up and deducted against your carbon credits.

The authorities would then have effectively logged all your movements and purchasing habit's. :eek:

You arrive at a self service checkout and intend to purchase an item, next thing you get a loud beep and a message calling for assistance. You know damn well you have exceeded your carbon rations. :eek:

Of course what ever happens in Britain eventually gets duplicated around the rest of Europe just like their intrusive surveillance laws.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/carbon/6527970/Everyone-in-Britain-could-be-given-a-personal-carbon-allowance.html

TBH sounds like a great idea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭samson09

TBH sounds like a great idea

I think thats what the Germans said when Hitler came out with these gems..

http://billstclair.com/blog/stories/hitler.html

samson09 wrote: »

RFIDeuro.jpg

RFIDeuros.jpg

Now isn't that little strip a bit of foil?

And if Brainiac taught me anything it's that putting foil in a microwave is awesome.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKQ9vC_DK_c

But yea secret nanotechnology is much more likely.

Maybe if you could actually pick up on the signal being broadcast by these things.
    But I gonna guess there some excuse to make this unfalsifyable.

Now isn't that little strip a bit of foil?

And if Brainiac taught me anything it's that putting foil in a microwave is awesome.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKQ9vC_DK_c

But yea secret nanotechnology is much more likely.

Maybe if you could actually pick up on the signal being broadcast by these things.
    But I gonna guess there some excuse to make this unfalsifyable.

The excuse is that the reptilians put them there. Alex Jones had David Icke on and they told all of us nut jobs so, so it's unfalsifyable thanks to that. Or maybe not:pac:

Advertisement