Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Reset

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Fodla wrote: »
    An end to private property. I can't think what else it could mean.
    Ok. So what does that mean to you?
    Does that not concern you?
    Why would it concern me or anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,813 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

I read the White Paper and, while my interpretation of it differs somewhat from the author's, it seems to me to be a push to make the world of work a digital one. I'd be wary of that.

The world of work is an increasingly digital one now. In the future there will likely be less people working from the office and more people working from home.

That's correct yes? if so what's so "scary" about stating the obvious?
    They also appear to be pushing this 'new normal'. Indeed, Klaus Schwab has said that the world will not be going back to normal.

Who are "they"?

Everyone is saying it's unlikely the world will fully go back to normal. It doesn't mean we will turn into some dystopian future, it just means e.g. more people might be working from home

Again, why are you so fearful of someone stating the obvious?
    And then there's the thing about owning nothing by 2030 and being happy about it. What's that about?

Quote the full context of the line and I'll explain it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Fodla

King Mob wrote: »
    Ok. So what does that mean to you?

Why would it concern me or anyone?

Not being allowed to own your own home shouldn't worry a person?

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    The world of work is an increasingly digital one now. In the future there will likely be less people working from the office and more people working from home.

That's correct yes? if so what's so "scary" about stating the obvious?

Who are "they"?

Everyone is saying it's unlikely the world will fully go back to normal. It doesn't mean we will turn into some dystopian future, it just means e.g. more people might be working from home

Again, why are you so fearful of someone stating the obvious?

Quote the full context of the line and I'll explain it

But before all of this hardly anyone worked from home. People teleworked, of course, but very few. Why all of a sudden is a digital transformation required?

Re the 2030 prediction, it refers to an article a Danish MP wrote in 2016. It's suspicious that WEF decided to retweet it recently. Especially when one considers the upcoming Great Reset.

Not being allowed to own your own home shouldn't worry a person?
    Where does it say this in the paper you're refering to?
    Specifically quote where it says "you won't be allowed to own your own home."

If you can't quote that from the paper directly, where are you getting that idea from?

And even then, if the paper does say something to that effect, what's the issue? Why would it be a concern that it's just written in some paper? Why does that mean it's going to happen?

• Advertisement

Where does it say this in the paper you're refering to?
    Specifically quote where it says "you won't be allowed to own your own home."

If you can't quote that from the paper directly, where are you getting that idea from?

And even then, if the paper does say something to that effect, what's the issue? Why would it be a concern that it's just written in some paper? Why does that mean it's going to happen?

From the article in question:

"Welcome to the year 2030. Welcome to my city - or should I say, "our city". I don't own anything. I don't own a car. I don't own a house. I don't own any appliances or any clothes.

It might seem odd to you, but it makes perfect sense for us in this city. Everything you considered a product, has now become a service. We have access to transportation, accommodation, food and all the things we need in our daily lives. One by one all these things became free, so it ended up not making sense for us to own much."

Sounds like communism to me.

It wouldn't be too much of a concern had the WEF, who are behind the Great Reset, not decided to retweet about the article a few weeks ago. Why do you think they decided to tweet about an article written in 2016?

From the article in question:

"Welcome to the year 2030. Welcome to my city - or should I say, "our city". I don't own anything. I don't own a car. I don't own a house. I don't own any appliances or any clothes.

It might seem odd to you, but it makes perfect sense for us in this city. Everything you considered a product, has now become a service. We have access to transportation, accommodation, food and all the things we need in our daily lives. One by one all these things became free, so it ended up not making sense for us to own much."

Sounds like communism to me.
    Sorry, I asked you to post the quote that stated you would not be allowed to own your house. You posted the wrong passage by mistake.
    Please find the one that states that you will not be allowed to own your house.
    It wouldn't be too much of a concern had the WEF, who are behind the Great Reset, not decided to retweet about the article a few weeks ago. Why do you think they decided to tweet about an article written in 2016?
    I don't know.
    I don't know why it's a concern or why them tweeting something is so concerning.
    Please explain why you are so worried about it?

It doesn't explicitly say that you won't be allowed to own your own home, but the title of the article, i.e. "you'll own nothing", gives it away.

And the only reasonable explanation, in my opinion, for WEF retweeting it after all these years is because they intend to abolish private property. Why retweet it otherwise?

It doesn't explicitly say that you won't be allowed to own your own home, but the title of the article, i.e. "you'll own nothing", gives it away.
    Why would it not explicitly say that, but then also give it away at the same time?
    That's a contradiction and it doesn't make any sense.

But why do you also claim that they say that we won't be allowed to own houses when they don't actually say that.
    That seems like misrepresenting to me.
    And the only reasonable explanation, in my opinion, for WEF retweeting it after all these years is because they intend to abolish private property. Why retweet it otherwise?
    Where did they say that they want to abolish private property?
    Why would they tweet that if that's what they mean?

Even still, why would you be concerned if these guys did want to abolish private property? Do you believe they secretly control the world?

But before all of this hardly anyone worked from home. People teleworked, of course, but very few. Why all of a sudden is a digital transformation required?

People are working from home because of the pandemic. Many companies will likely have more remote-working because

a) people like it and are generally happier
    b) it's cheaper than operating a full time office
    c) it's better for the environment

Therefore, it's likely, in a post-Covid world that more people will be working remotely.
    Re the 2030 prediction, it refers to an article a Danish MP wrote in 2016. It's suspicious that WEF decided to retweet it recently. Especially when one considers the upcoming Great Reset.

What's "suspicious" and what is the context? please give the full paragraph. Or link to the source.

I am certain it's some random piece by one person that's being completely misunderstood (on purpose) by the conspiracy community.

• Advertisement

Why would it not explicitly say that, but then also give it away at the same time?

But why do you also claim that they say that we won't be allowed to own houses when they don't actually say that.

Even still, why would you be concerned if these guys did want to abolish private property? Do you believe they secretly control the world?

Because it's explicitly stated and made clear in the title. If we own nothing then we don't own property. There's no need for the author to restate it in the article.

The timing of the retweet, with the Great Reset, which nobody voted for, by the way, being nigh, suggests that they want to abolish private property and ownership. Why else would they decide to retweet it? For a laugh?

Because the WEF is an extremely powerful organisation and has all of the big global players signed up for the Great Reset.

People are working from home because of the pandemic. Many companies will likely have more remote-working because

a) people like it and are generally happier
    b) it's cheaper than operating a full time office
    c) it's better for the environment

Therefore, it's likely, in a post-Covid world that more people will be working remotely.

What's "suspicious" and what is the context? please give the full paragraph. Or link to the source.

I am certain it's some random piece by one person that's being completely misunderstood (on purpose) by the conspiracy community.

Unfortunately, I can't link to the article because I can't post links, but the article opens with the following:

It's on WEF's own website. If you google 'Wekcome to 2030, I own nothing ..." you'll find it. It was written by a Danish MP.

Because it's explicitly stated and made clear in the title. If we own nothing then we don't own property. There's no need for the author to restate it in the article.
    But it's on explicitly stated. You just said it wasn't explicitly stated.

And nowhere do they say anything about abolishing private property.
    This seems to be an invention by paranoid conspiracy theorists who are misreading and misrepresenting what they did actually write.
    The timing of the retweet, with the Great Reset, which nobody voted for, by the way, being nigh, suggests that they want to abolish private property and ownership. Why else would they decide to retweet it? For a laugh?
    I still don't understand why you believe they tweeted it.
    Please explain why they tweeted it in the context of the conspiracy theory you believe.
    Because the WEF is an extremely powerful organisation and has all of the big global players signed up for the Great Reset.
    Cool.
    Evidence for this?

In what way are the an extremely power organisation? How did they get all governments etc to sign up?

You seem to just be spitting out the usual conspiracy theory tropes we've been hearing for the last while.

It's on WEF's own website. If you google 'Wekcome to 2030, I own nothing ..." you'll find it. It was written by a Danish MP.
    Why didn't you quote the Author's note?

That seems a touch dishonest to me and looks like you were trying to manipulate the meaning of the quote. This is a tactic I've seen conspiracy theorists use often. It's very shady and very obvious.

Please quote the Author's note in full and explain how it fits into your conspiracy theory.

Unfortunately, I can't link to the article because I can't post links, but the article opens with the following:

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/11/how-life-could-change-2030/

This is the article, it's a blog piece by one person. Their random vision of a future. It's meant to provoke discussion.

Why are you so fearful of it? why didn't you touch on the fact that the person who wrote it gave it context?

Also, reading through the article:
    My biggest concern is all the people who do not live in our city. Those we lost on the way. Those who decided that it became too much, all this technology. Those who felt obsolete and useless when robots and AI took over big parts of our jobs. Those who got upset with the political system and turned against it. They live different kind of lives outside of the city. Some have formed little self-supplying communities. Others just stayed in the empty and abandoned houses in small 19th century villages.

It explicitly states that you can own property in this imagined future.

Someone was telling lies about this article or they didn't read it beyond what's quoted in conspiracy youtube videos.

But it's on explicitly stated. You just said it wasn't explicitly stated.

And nowhere do they say anything about abolishing private property.
    This seems to be an invention by paranoid conspiracy theorists who are misreading and misrepresenting what they did actually write.

I still don't understand why you believe they tweeted it.
    Please explain why they tweeted it in the context of the conspiracy theory you believe.

Cool.
    Evidence for this?

In what way are the an extremely power organisation? How did they get all governments etc to sign up?

You seem to just be spitting out the usual conspiracy theory tropes we've been hearing for the last while.

I said it's not explicitly stated in the article because it's explicitly stated in the title. There's no need for the author to state again in the article that private property will be no more. She already states it in the title. Granted, she doesn't write "private property will be abolished", but "you will own nothing" includes private property. Otherwise it'd read "you won't own certain things".

I believe they retweeted it to prepare people for the abolition of private property. They've been completely open about the Great Reset since June so it wouldn't be unusual for them to announce their intentions by retweeting the link to that article. Why do you think they, out of the blue, decided to retweet the link to the article?

The Bank of Canada the other day issued a report which included a section entitled 'The Great Reset'. Another coincidence?

All the big players have singed up to the Great Reset. It's all on WEF's website.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭bigsuge1

Why wouldn’t we be concerned if these people did want to abolish private property?

Let’s say you work hard for 10 years, buy the house you like, pay a sizeable mortgage for the next 20 years thinking you’re securing your future once you retire and then it’s taken away under a new government/worldwide act..

I’m not saying I believe all this Reset stuff but IF it is what some are predicting I can’t see how it benefits any of us. If anyone has any other take on how abolishing private property may work or how it will benefit us I’d like to hear.

I said it's not explicitly stated in the article because it's explicitly stated in the title. There's no need for the author to state again in the article that private property will be no more. She already states it in the title. Granted, she doesn't write "private property will be abolished", but "you will own nothing" includes private property. Otherwise it'd read "you won't own certain things".
    But as we've seen, you're lying about the article on a few levels.
    You claimed that the article outlines their vision for the future when the author's note actually does explicitly state this is not the case.
    Secondly we see in the article that the do allow people to own private property.

So why did you leave these parts out of your quotes? Did you not read them or were you deliberately trying to hide them?
    I believe they retweeted it to prepare people for the abolition of private property.
    Lol. How is a tweet supposed to accomplish this?
    They've been completely open about the Great Reset since June
    Cool. So quote where they explicitly talk about abolishing private property.
    The Bank of Canada the other day issued a report which included a section entitled 'The Great Reset'. Another coincidence?
    Yes. You seem very startled and easily scared of coincidences.

bigsuge1 wrote: »
    Why wouldn’t we be concerned if these people did want to abolish private property?
    Because even if they did say that (which they didn't) they have no means to make it happen or enforce it.

That is of course unless the person concerned also believes in all the conspiracy nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 feedmindc19

Let’s say you work hard for 10 years, buy the house you like, pay a sizeable mortgage for the next 20 years thinking you’re securing your future once you retire and then it’s taken away under a new government/worldwide act..

I’m not saying I believe all this Reset stuff but IF it is what some are predicting I can’t see how it benefits any of us. If anyone has any other take on how abolishing private property may work or how it will benefit us I’d like to hear.

Man I'm not all for conspiracys but we are ****ed the best you and everyone else can do is prepare for yourself and your family cos we are ****ed. Be prepared and alll the best.

I believe they retweeted it to prepare people for the abolition of private property. They've been completely open about the Great Reset since June so it wouldn't be unusual for them to announce their intentions by retweeting the link to that article. Why do you think they, out of the blue, decided to retweet the link to the article?

Because someone asked them to retweet a link to the piece. Again, it's a random piece written by someone.

If a random MP decides to write about a future where we might live in space, do you take it literally and start panicking and believing that some "powers-that-be" are going to force us to live in space? or do you realise it's just some fanciful discussion provoking piece on how humans might, at some point in the future, possibly live in space, or not.

Link to this and what's the conspiracy explanation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 feedmindc19

Because someone asked them to retweet a link to the piece. Again, it's a random piece written by someone.

If a random MP decides to write about a future where we might live in space, do you take it literally and start panicking and believing that some "powers-that-be" are going to force us to live in space? or do you realise it's just some fanciful discussion provoking piece on how humans might, at some point in the future, possibly live in space, or not.

Link to this and what's the conspiracy explanation?[/QUOTEAre you starting to realize its not a conspiracy ?

Are you starting to realize its not a conspiracy ?

What is the conspiracy? explanation and details please.

And please no vague (lazy) allusions e.g. "there's something fishy going on", "this is all part of the plan", "it's all too much of a coincidence", etc

Link to this and what's the conspiracy explanation?

Ask I wrote previously, I wouldn't have paid too much attention to it were it not for the fact that WEF chose to, for reasons unknown, and out of the blue, retweet a link to the article? Why did they decide to retweet a link to an article written in 2016 about people owning nothing by 2030? Is it just a coincidence that Agenda 2030 is to be achieved by 2030? Just a coincidence that Schwab has been talking about massive societal changes and WEF chooses to retweet a link to an article about communism?

I can't post a link, but here's an article from the Toronto Sun:

"Some conspiracy theory. Love it or hate it, the Great Reset is real.

It’s being openly discussed and promoted here in Canada. Including at the Bank of Canada.

Let’s first back track though. Last week, a video of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau recorded the other month resurfaced to much controversy.

In it, Trudeau smilingly stated that “this pandemic has provided an opportunity for a reset. This is our chance to accelerate our pre-pandemic efforts to reimagine economic systems.”

As we wrote about the Great Reset just the other day in this space: “Its goal is a global transformation of national economies and societies because, it argues, the major crises humanity faces today, such as the COVID-19 pandemic and human-induced climate change, do not respect international borders.”

Many Canadians were none too pleased to learn that Trudeau considers these hardships to our health and economy as an “opportunity” for him to foist an agenda upon our nation.

But, Trudeau contends, that argument is based on “misinformation” and “conspiracy theories”. He also denounced the Conservative MPs who took issue with his comments.

One wonders if Trudeau will now likewise denounce the Bank of Canada for being a co-conspirator.

Back in August, Paul Beaudry – Deputy Governor of the Bank – delivered a presentation with the headline “The Great Reset: Supporting the transition to a greener, smarter economy“. It’s still up on their website for all to see.

The presentation says “COVID-19 is a shock and an opportunity” and discusses a “pivot to a greener, smarter economy”.

It discusses “shifting preferences/behaviour” in individual households in Canada.

While we have no problem with the Bank of Canada being ahead of the curve when it comes to the economic challenges our nation will face, the Great Reset is not about how things will be, but about how people want things to be.

It is an agenda. It appears that the Bank of Canada is, at least in part, getting in on that agenda. We’d prefer they stay neutral.

When Trudeau is next asked about the Great Reset, he shouldn’t continue to gaslight Canadians by telling them not to believe what they see right in front of them. Instead, he needs to come clean."

It was actually a presentation, not a report. If you Google 'Bank of Canada The Great Reset' you'll see it's available to view as a PDF document.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭pearcider

Ask I wrote previously, I wouldn't have paid too much attention to it were it not for the fact that WEF chose to, for reasons unknown, and out of the blue, retweet a link to the article? Why did they decide to retweet a link to an article written in 2016 about people owning nothing by 2030? Is it just a coincidence that Agenda 2030 is to be achieved by 2030? Just a coincidence that Schwab has been talking about massive societal changes and WEF chooses to retweet a link to an article about communism?

I can't post a link, but here's an article from the Toronto Sun:

"Some conspiracy theory. Love it or hate it, the Great Reset is real.

It’s being openly discussed and promoted here in Canada. Including at the Bank of Canada.

Let’s first back track though. Last week, a video of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau recorded the other month resurfaced to much controversy.

In it, Trudeau smilingly stated that “this pandemic has provided an opportunity for a reset. This is our chance to accelerate our pre-pandemic efforts to reimagine economic systems.”

As we wrote about the Great Reset just the other day in this space: “Its goal is a global transformation of national economies and societies because, it argues, the major crises humanity faces today, such as the COVID-19 pandemic and human-induced climate change, do not respect international borders.”

Many Canadians were none too pleased to learn that Trudeau considers these hardships to our health and economy as an “opportunity” for him to foist an agenda upon our nation.

But, Trudeau contends, that argument is based on “misinformation” and “conspiracy theories”. He also denounced the Conservative MPs who took issue with his comments.

One wonders if Trudeau will now likewise denounce the Bank of Canada for being a co-conspirator.

Back in August, Paul Beaudry – Deputy Governor of the Bank – delivered a presentation with the headline “The Great Reset: Supporting the transition to a greener, smarter economy“. It’s still up on their website for all to see.

The presentation says “COVID-19 is a shock and an opportunity” and discusses a “pivot to a greener, smarter economy”.

It discusses “shifting preferences/behaviour” in individual households in Canada.

While we have no problem with the Bank of Canada being ahead of the curve when it comes to the economic challenges our nation will face, the Great Reset is not about how things will be, but about how people want things to be.

It is an agenda. It appears that the Bank of Canada is, at least in part, getting in on that agenda. We’d prefer they stay neutral.

When Trudeau is next asked about the Great Reset, he shouldn’t continue to gaslight Canadians by telling them not to believe what they see right in front of them. Instead, he needs to come clean."

It was actually a presentation, not a report. If you Google 'Bank of Canada The Great Reset' you'll see it's available to view as a PDF document.

A major element of the reset will be a reset of the current monetary system as the Breton woods II system is nearing collapse with the mighty dollar finally falling foul of Triffins dilemma after over 80 years as world reserve currency.

The world needs a new global reserve currency so the great reset also refers to this. Key monetary elitist Mark Carney spoke in great detail about this in Jackson Hole last year. The rise of bitcoin is also mirroring this narrative.

In 1998, the worlds banking system came within hours of collapse following the failure of the most sophisticated hedge fund ever conceived, Long Term capital management. All the major world banks were forced by the US government to an unprecedented (at the time) bail out of 3.7 billion in order to prevent the collapse. Of course this only bought more time as the debt based fractional reserve system is dynamically unstable and must inevitably collapse.

In 2008, the worlds financial system was again hours from collapse but was bailed out by the US central bank and the ECB to the tune of 22 trillion.

The next collapse will be an order of magnitude greater again 100 plus trillion and will collapse the central banks themselves leaving only the IMF/BIS to finalise their takeover. This will be the Great Reset which will destroy the dollar and by extension all fiat currencies.

Ask I wrote previously, I wouldn't have paid too much attention to it were it not for the fact that WEF chose to, for reasons unknown, and out of the blue, retweet a link to the article?

Because they decided to retweet it. Perhaps whoever was operating twitter for them that day was told to find random stuff online related to the future for tweeting.

I shouldn't even be writing this because it's so absurd, but do you think a "they" are pushing cartoonishly evil plans to abolish private ownership for 2030 because someone wrote some random piece about futurism and it was retweeted?

If you are going to hint at this stuff be specific, because it's getting real silly real fast

It's a global pandemic, it has massively interrupted global economics, so it is a sort of economic reset. Like after the financial crisis in 2008.

Why are you highlighting that sentence? it's like you are reading into everything as if it means something else, what is that something else?

Most Canadians will understand that because it's perfectly understandable. Again, you seem to be reading into stuff.

What is the big "plan" going on here?

A paranoid person who believes they are being followed will see "evidence" of it everywhere, which then becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Getting those vibes with these posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,288 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Yes. You seem very startled and easily scared of coincidences.

does that sound very familiar to anybody else?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,288 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Because they decided to retweet it. Perhaps whoever was operating twitter for them that day was told to find random stuff online related to the future for tweeting.

I shouldn't even be writing this because it's so absurd, but do you think a "they" are pushing cartoonishly evil plans to abolish private ownership for 2030 because someone wrote some random piece about futurism and it was retweeted?

If you are going to hint at this stuff be specific, because it's getting real silly real fast

It's a global pandemic, it has massively interrupted global economics, so it is a sort of economic reset. Like after the financial crisis in 2008.

Why are you highlighting that sentence? it's like you are reading into everything as if it means something else, what is that something else?

Most Canadians will understand that because it's perfectly understandable. Again, you seem to be reading into stuff.

What is the big "plan" going on here?

A paranoid person who believes they are being followed will see "evidence" of it everywhere, which then becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Getting those vibes with these posts.

yeah but Trudeau was smiling when he said so we all know what that means.

• Advertisement

Indeed. I'd find it rather odd for a person not to be be horrified by the idea of their home being taken away from them.

Advertisement