Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Reset

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Dionaibh wrote: »
    But I don't believe the man who made the video is misrepresenting things.

That's a very childish position I'm afraid.
    You can believe all you want, but belief does not equate to reality.

So again, why are you being so willfully naive and ignorant and engaging in dishonest tactics to preserve your belief in a conspiracy theory you can't explain or make sense of?
    Why go to all that trouble when you could just conclude the conspiracy theory isn't true?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

He shows clips of people talking about different things (technology, transhumanism etc). No misquoting.

But how do you know? How do you know those clips are really what the person said if you are not seeing it in the full context?

I could show you clips of people talking and claim they are saying XYZ but if you watch the full clip they are actually saying the opposite of what I have claimed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Dionaibh

King Mob wrote: »
    But you have to understand that dishonest people can present quotes in ways that misrepresent them without actually changing what they say.
    It's very easy to do and scam artists do it a lot.

Just because someone is providing a quote it doesn't mean they are accurately representing it's context and meaning.

Again, this is basic critical thinking stuff.
    Have you honestly not considered this a possibility?

Maybe you should actually read the book to ensure this is not the case.

But you won't do this I think because you would prefer to believe in a conspiracy theory.

I of course considered it, and always do when watching a video or reading an article. I always try to get both sides.

But why would the man who made that video misrepresent what they say? What would he gain from doing that? More viewers?

But how do you know? How do you know those clips are really what the person said if you are not seeing it in the full context?

I could show you clips of people talking and claim they are saying XYZ but if you watch the full clip they are actually saying the opposite of what I have claimed.

Because I just don't see how context can make what they say okay. When Schwab talks of microchips it can only be a bad thing, in my opinion.

I of course considered it, and always do when watching a video or reading an article. I always try to get both sides.

But why would the man who made that video misrepresent what they say? What would he gain from doing that? More viewers?

Viewers equals revenue, plus I would happily bet that he has a donor link on his website somewhere to grift money.

• Advertisement

Because I just don't see how context can make what they say okay. When Schwab talks of microchips it can only be a bad thing, in my opinion.

Because you have listened to his scaremongering and believe that we will all be forcibly chipped and have no say in our lives anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,584 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Won't read a book. Yet bases thread on said book
    Forms opinion based on sensationalist review of said book.
    Then realised their position may be a bit weak, agrees that.
    Then rather than take the time to read the book or actually contextualise any of it.
    Watches more YT.
    Believes that if someone took the time to make a YT video, they must be trustworthy.

Dionabh, send me on photos of the front and back of all you credit cards and I will lead you too the truth my friend.

What would he gain from doing that? More viewers?
    Yes. Among other things.

Again I think that you can't possibly be this naive, so I suspect you are not being genuine.

Also:
    I always try to get both sides.
    So read the book then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

It's a bit telling that no poster complaining about the Great Reset appears to have read the book. You'd think it'd bolster their argument.
    No real need to read this singular book anyway, when more accurate (updated) information regarding this Great Reset, are all readily available online from the source:
    https://intelligence.weforum.org/topics/a1G0X000006OLciUAG?tab=publications

There are also plentyful of reports downloadable, platforms or framework descriptions to give an idea of the monumental changes planned ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,610 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

No real need to read this singular book anyway, when more accurate (updated) information regarding this Great Reset, are all readily available online from the source:

There are also plentyful of reports downloadable, platforms or framework descriptions to give an idea of the monumental changes planned ahead.

A lot of it looks very good to me. Particularly the focus on the environment.

• Advertisement

Indeed. But we're supposed to believe, despite all the work required, that they only started working on all of this when the pandemic was declared in March.

So the most accurate way to know what the author of the book said is not to read the book, but a conspiracy theory crank website?

Lol Ok.

banie01 wrote: »
    Won't read a book. Yet bases thread on said book
    Forms opinion based on sensationalist review of said book.
    Then realised their position may be a bit weak, agrees that.
    Then rather than take the time to read the book or actually contextualise any of it.
    Watches more YT.
    Believes that if someone took the time to make a YT video, they must be trustworthy.

Dionabh, send me on photos of the front and back of all you credit cards and I will lead you too the truth my friend.

Not just the review, but also interviews with Schwab, articles about the Great Reset, and the increasing use of 'reset' and 'build back better' by world leaders.

So the most accurate way to know what the author of the book said is not to read the book, but a conspiracy theory crank website?

Lol Ok.

It's not a conspiracy theory crank website. It's WEF's own website.

That's a very childish position I'm afraid.
    You can believe all you want, but belief does not equate to reality.

So again, why are you being so willfully naive and ignorant and engaging in dishonest tactics to preserve your belief in a conspiracy theory you can't explain or make sense of?
    Why go to all that trouble when you could just conclude the conspiracy theory isn't true?

All I know is that a great reset is nigh. I fear massive changes that may be horrifying. That's all. No conspiracy theory.

So where are the negatives here?
    I fear massive changes that may be horrifying.

Such as?

Sustainable energy? Animal conservation? Clean water for all? Eradicating poverty?

SoupyVapidBighorn-size_restricted.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

The Nal wrote: »
    A lot of it looks very good to me. Particularly the focus on the environment.
    'the environment' will make up <15% of the topics.

Certainly the informal end of casual int'l travel and tourism wil save countless trees.

The Nal wrote: »
    So where are the negatives here?

Such as?

Sustainable energy? Animal conservation? Clean water for all? Eradicating poverty?

SoupyVapidBighorn-size_restricted.gif

Such as a digital currency, digital id, health passports, transhumanism, mandatory vaccines, the crushing of democracy, permanent lockdowns because of their obsession with climate change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhfFYnLD-Wo&feature=youtu.be

This man reckons all of this is to last until early 2025, which is when the World Bank's COVID Action Plan is set to end, and which also the year deagel.com is predicting massive depopulation will take place.

Imagine paying for groceries with your face. That would certainly chime with Schwab's saying that technology will redefine what it means to be human.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,286 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhfFYnLD-Wo&feature=youtu.be

This man reckons all of this is to last until early 2025, which is when the World Bank's COVID Action Plan is set to end, and which also the year deagel.com is predicting massive depopulation will take place.

Imagine paying for groceries with your face. That would certainly chime with Schwab's saying that technology will redefine what it means to be human.

why should anyone pay attention to that guy?

• Advertisement

Because his prediction makes sense when one considers the year 2025 is the end date for the World Bank's Covid Action Plan and the year deagel.com is forecasting massive depopulation to occur in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,813 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Such as a digital currency

Has been explained to you. You are either not being honest here or you are deliberately ignoring common sense explanations in favor of exciting conspiracy/fear-mongered ones

All I know is that a great reset is nigh. I fear massive changes that may be horrifying. That's all. No conspiracy theory.
    Yes, so you keep saying. But this is also a very childish and simplistic position that you have to be very naive and very dishonest to hold.

You can't explain why they may be horrifying and you run away any time anyone asks you to explain why.
    It's clear you only believe they are horrifying because you swallow anything you are told by conspiracy theorists with a youtube channel without critical thought.

The reason you believe they may be horrifying is because you believe in a silly childish conspiracy theory that you know is silly and childish.

You don't have to believe it you know. It's ok to be rational.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,813 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Because his prediction makes sense when one considers the year 2025 is the end date for the World Bank's Covid Action Plan and the year deagel.com is forecasting massive depopulation to occur in.

Has been explained to you. Deagel is a combat aircraft site, with some insane mental person from the internet making quack predictions about the future, they even wrote a disclaimer about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,286 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

but why would anybody listen to him in particular? what is he adding?

It's not a conspiracy theory crank website. It's WEF's own website.
    Why aren't you reading the book exactly?
    You said you read both sides.
    Were you lying?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭SmokyMo

Such as a digital currency, digital id, health passports, transhumanism, mandatory vaccines, the crushing of democracy, permanent lockdowns because of their obsession with climate change.

Everything from above can be argued in the positive manner.

Generally people who preach that tech is evil have zero actual technical knowledge or even understand how it works..

digital currency - very fast payment, skipping middle man, less fees, direct txs, more secure etc
    digital id - already exist in various forms across departments. Many benefits to implementing it, cost cutting, less bureaucracy, less crime.
    health passports - if we all had one, machine learning for example ahead of time could tell you if you have something seriously wrong with you.

The real issue is with tools being in the hands of incompetent people. But there is no point living in the stone age because you re afraid bad person might own the hammer..

We should strive to be better humans with compassion who get on the same page through education.

Because hes plugging his business in the video description! Trying to get people to sign up for a free trial.

Why aren't you reading the book exactly?
    You said you read both sides.
    Were you lying?

Because I know it would frighten me.

• Advertisement

SmokyMo wrote: »
    Everything from above can be argued in the positive manner.

Generally people who preach that tech is evil have zero actual technical knowledge or even understand how it works..

digital currency - very fast payment, skipping middle man, less fees, direct txs, more secure etc
    digital id - already exist in various forms across departments. Many benefits to implementing it, cost cutting, less bureaucracy, less crime.
    health passports - if we all had one, machine learning for example ahead of time could tell you if you have something seriously wrong with you.

The real issue is with tools being in the hands of incompetent people. But there is no point living in the stone age because you re afraid bad person might own the hammer..

We should strive to be better humans with compassion who get on the same page through education.

Everything? Including the crushing of democracy and mandatory vaccines?

Advertisement