Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Upcoming Fights **Mod note: Keep discussion to fight night threads**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

Morrison J wrote: »
    Won't be any Matchroom UK cards on DAZN until Matchroom's exclusive contract with Sky is up. Still, getting Canelo next weekend and Estrada-Gonzalez a couple of weeks after is well worth the €2 imo

Joshua v Pulev was included on the 2euro subscription i believe. Strange how you can get PPVs but not the regular Sky fight nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Butson

Getting Joseph Parker fight from New Zealand Saturday morning.
    Top name in the sport Canelo on Saturday night.

People are complaining about €2 a month!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,627 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Butson wrote: »

Not sure Joseph Parker is worth 1 fooking euro, never mind 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭Big Ears

walshb wrote: »
    Not sure Joseph Parker is worth 1 fooking euro, never mind 2.

The most frustraing thing about Parker is I actually think there's decent ability there he just always seems to be fighting within himself.
    I do think the loss to Joshua took some of the belief out of him aswell.

Big Ears wrote: »
    The most frustraing thing about Parker is I actually think there's decent ability there he just always seems to be fighting within himself.
    I do think the loss to Joshua took some of the belief out of him aswell.

Yep

His AJ performance was terrible, and folks spent most the time slagging AJ here....Parker was in only to spoil and survive.....after all the bullsh1it bluster before the fight saying what he was going to do

Similar to the most frustrating of all, Danny Garcia......

Odd fighter........so pedestrian and casual at times.....

• Advertisement

Yep

His AJ performance was terrible, and folks spent most the time slagging AJ here....Parker was in only to spoil and survive.....after all the bullsh1it bluster before the fight saying what he was going to do

Similar to the most frustrating of all, Danny Garcia......

Odd fighter........so pedestrian and casual at times.....

I think that came about in part because of the actions of the overzealous Italian referee. Parker seemed to want to mainly fight inside, and the referee broke the fighters anytime they got within two feet of each other !
    He genuinely broke them apart several times when there was no clinch, and it wasn't like the heads had come together or anything either.
    Completely ruined the fight and I think when Parker's gameplay was removed as an option he basically quit trying to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

I think that came about in part because of the actions of the overzealous Italian referee. Parker seemed to want to mainly fight inside, and the referee broke the fighters anytime they got within two feet of each other !
    He genuinely broke them apart several times when there was no clinch, and it wasn't like the heads had come together or anything either.
    Completely ruined the fight and I think when Parker's gameplay was removed as an option he basically quit trying to win.

ya heard someone say at the time it was lucky the ref was there because a fight nearly broke out.

Yes. I remember. And it brings up an interesting point. Who benefitted more from the referee?

There seems to be a belief that it favored AJ, but maybe AJ could have done more damage had he also been allowed to fight inside....

Similar to the Hatton fans who try to say that Hatton was handicapped due to Coretz not really allowing Hatton to work inside. Maybe he was handicapped, because from any type distance he had no hope.

Anytime he was inside he was doing fook all, and, had Cortez not interfered, Floyd may well have done more effective work and damage, and beaten Hatton clearer.

Sky Documentaries at 21:00 a Tyson-Bruno documentary. Looks quality..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Sky Documentaries at 21:00 a Tyson-Bruno documentary. Looks quality..

Enjoyed it, but Bruno was a complete irrelevance to the career of Tyson in fairness. But I know it was more the British spin on it in fairness. Say whatever you want but Tyson was a menacing character back in the day with a very short fuse.

Bruno really had shocking stamina, but how good was round 1 of fight number 1? Imagine Frank had done a buster Douglas before buster did? Then again he probably wasn't as big an outsider.

I remember watching the McCall fight in a pub after a football match. Went from nobody watching it to the whole bar roaring him on at the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,131 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Butson wrote: »

Anybody watching this? Not a great fight, Parker not very good so far.

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Enjoyed it, but Bruno was a complete irrelevance to the career of Tyson in fairness. But I know it was more the British spin on it in fairness. Say whatever you want but Tyson was a menacing character back in the day with a very short fuse.

Bruno really had shocking stamina, but how good was round 1 of fight number 1? Imagine Frank had done a buster Douglas before buster did? Then again he probably wasn't as big an outsider.

I remember watching the McCall fight in a pub after a football match. Went from nobody watching it to the whole bar roaring him on at the end.

Just watching it now..

Anybody watching this? Not a great fight, Parker not very good so far.

Break, break, break..pretty much the whole fight!

Break, break, break..pretty much the whole fight!

I haven't scored it. It was too boring to concentrate on.

Wow! one of the judges scored it 119-109 Parker :eek:

I know I said I wasn't scoring it but Fa took a lot more than 1 round.

Same here. Didn’t score it

Parker defo won it though. Horrible fight..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

any decent fights on tonight?

zweton wrote: »
    any decent fights on tonight?

None!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Is Canelo fight on at 2am or is that the time the card starts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

None!!!

damn, tommy better be good tonight!

• Advertisement

US2 wrote: »
    Is Canelo fight on at 2am or is that the time the card starts?

Canelo due in at 22:00 Eastern Standard Time!

03:00 Ireland!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Anthems starting.
    Watching on Dazn. Kate Abdo is a knock out.
    Anyway, back to the fight...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭Diddley Squat

Great !

Canelo usually a slow starter , for the first two rounds

Cant wait to see what Saunders has to offer.......
    he'll be on his bike all night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Cant wait to see what Saunders has to offer.......
    he'll be on his bike all night

Probably. That Turkish lad was awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Not often you see a three round quit job. Embarrassing.

Saunders next.

https://twitter.com/MatchroomBoxing/status/1365875288299683841?s=19

I knew Yildirim was muck, but he really outdid himself earlier..

10 weeks to Saunders.

1. Fight happens and Saunders gets thoroughly dominated
    2. Saunders forgets his gumshield and fight cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

10 weeks to Saunders.

Yeah I have serious doubts this actually goes ahead. Although maybe the Canelo cash will be enough for Billy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭squinn2912

10 weeks to Saunders.

I think the fight will happen. He’s been building for this for years now a crack at either GGG or Canelo. I think Billy Joe will have 4 stone on him by autumn

That's a proper statement made by Gary Cully tonight. Really strong fighter at 135 pounds. Really think if he was with Sky or BT the hype would be going into overdrive now. Shame he's still a virtual unknown in this countrys mainstream media but I suppose that comes with the territory of signing with MTK and no Olympic background unfortunately.

Will Saunders make it to May 8?

Really looking forward to Chocolatito v Estrada 2 tonight. Extremely difficult fight to predict but would love to see Chocolatito do it. Proper great of the sport. Something tells me Estrada might just be a little bit too fresh for him though.

Really looking forward to Chocolatito v Estrada 2 tonight. Extremely difficult fight to predict but would love to see Chocolatito do it. Proper great of the sport. Something tells me Estrada might just be a little bit too fresh for him though.

More terrible cards. Gonzalez fought one of the fights of his life and a judge scores it 9-3 Estrada. Sickening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭megadodge

More terrible cards. Gonzalez fought one of the fights of his life and a judge scores it 9-3 Estrada. Sickening.

Terrific fight, as we all expected.

I thought it was closer than the commentators had it - I had Gonzalez up by 2 points - as they were concentrating on Gonzalez a little too much for my liking. However, the 117-111 scorecard to Estrada was scandalous. I've seen the scorecards and that particular judge gave the last round to Estrada, which says it all really.

Though I was hedging towards Estrada being too fresh beforehand, I was hoping Gonzalez could find one more big performance. He did. Unfortunately, the judges didn't see it that way.

I thought his interview afterwards was so classy. Not a word of complaint, just his usual genuinely humble, decent self. He is a class act in and out of the ring.

• Advertisement

Very good fight. Just pure honest fighting and boxing..

I didn’t score it. Very close fight...

Punch delivery from both just beauty!!!

megadodge wrote: »
    Terrific fight, as we all expected.

I thought it was closer than the commentators had it - I had Gonzalez up by 2 points - as they were concentrating on Gonzalez a little too much for my liking. However, the 117-111 scorecard to Estrada was scandalous. I've seen the scorecards and that particular judge gave the last round to Estrada, which says it all really.

Though I was hedging towards Estrada being too fresh beforehand, I was hoping Gonzalez could find one more big performance. He did. Unfortunately, the judges didn't see it that way.

I thought his interview afterwards was so classy. Not a word of complaint, just his usual genuinely humble, decent self. He is a class act in and out of the ring.

I had it the same 115-113 Gonzalez, but that 117-111 was crazy and scoring the 12th for Estrada in particular just seems insane.

It was a fantastic fight, probably the best I've seen in quite some time, but when you get cards like that it just really seems to sour the fight as a whole.
    Chocolatito's ability to block shots while coming forward and applying pressure is truly a shight to behold.

Also as usual, the DAZN commentators were really annoying.
    The main commentator in boxing used to be reffered to as "blow by blow commentator", there was one round where it took him until the last 30 seconds to refer to any specific shot that was thrown.
    They were just rabbiting bull**** for most of the fight, and at one stage started talking about how Estrada was controlling things bevause he was coming forward, ignoring the fact Gonzalez was hitting him in the face while he was doing so !

Saying it yet again..

Heap of very close rds that could have went either way...

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

Joe Ward fightinght at Light Heaweight tonight in Peurto Rico against the lad he fought when he dislocated his knee in 2019.
    Streaming free on https://www.twitch.tv/ringcityusa.

Joe should make his walk around 1am for anyone interested.

There's a few decent bouts on the card.

Joe Ward fightinght at Light Heaweight tonight in Peurto Rico against the lad he fought when he dislocated his knee in 2019.
    Streaming free on https://www.twitch.tv/ringcityusa.

Joe should make his walk around 1am for anyone interested.

There's a few decent bouts on the card.

You best me to it

https://irish-boxing.com/how-to-watch-joe-ward-versus-marco-delgado/?fbclid=IwAR38dQIN9SJIbAYuCymJz0yfM5_QkCOj4zSQ13D744syfPYjyzlH1FMPNUc

Think the twitch app needed

https://www.twitch.tv/ringcityusa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Thought it was a great fight and having seen Chocolatito lose his first fight in similar circumstances felt sorry for him although I feel this was more clearcut. Talk of a rematch to close out the trilogy.

Joe Ward is now last to go on tonight. Still can't believe missed his first fight!

The chat on twitct is, eh, interesting...

They had to turn the chat off hahahahaha.

60-54 for Joe, never got out of 2nd gear, Delgado should have had points deducted a few times, looked like he was more interested in attempting standing guillotine's than throwing punches a few times, lots of throwing on the break and while holding.

Long way for Ward to go imo. Bit stiff and lacking in head movement. Thought he found a bit of a flow and finished strong in the last couple of rounds but he doesn't strike me as a guy who's fully comfortable in a pro ring yet.

Long way for Ward to go imo. Bit stiff and lacking in head movement. Thought he found a bit of a flow and finished strong in the last couple of rounds but he doesn't strike me as a guy who's fully comfortable in a pro ring yet.

Yes..

No idea what make that fight. Awkward foe, but Ward just didn’t have any clear plan/rhythm..

Just never thought of him as pro material..

This has to b the worst PPV card ever.
    3 complete mismatches and two evenly matched but useless lumps at heavyweight.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsBoxing/status/1372993457254494210

This has to b the worst PPV card ever.
    3 complete mismatches and two evenly matched but useless lumps at heavyweight.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsBoxing/status/1372993457254494210

Up there...no doubt

Still can’t beat Brook/Frankie Gavin..

Parker and Chisora. Muck!!

Up there...no doubt

Still can’t beat Brook/Frankie Gavin..

Parker and Chisora. Muck!!

Was Brook vs Funtime Franke PPV? :pac::pac:

I always thought Bellew vs Cleverly II was the worst every PPV.

Anyway what the hell is Bivol doing fighting Craig Richards? Complete mismatch.

Was Brook vs Funtime Franke PPV? :pac::pac:

I always thought Bellew vs Cleverly II was the worst every PPV.

Anyway what the hell is Bivol doing fighting Craig Richards? Complete mismatch.

Yep..

Brook-Frankie worst ever
    Bellew-Cleverly II next
    Chisora-Parker next

• Advertisement
Advertisement