05-03-2021, 20:32   #5401
freyners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Would be interested in thoughts on the different players out there...
- Stock Dweebs
- Motley Fool
- My Wall Street
- SeekingAlpha
... any others.

I've started creating profolios on Yahoo Finance that has "investments" in the public recommendations of Stock Dweebs and Motley Fool... as well as a couple of other sources on Twitter to see over time how each performs. The current pullback is screwing with the plan though, almost everything recent is red. Though it'll be interesting to see over next month or two if they go green. If I can build confidence in any of them I'll consider signing up.... or if the public stuff is good enough I'll just use that to help inform decisions.
I'll throw a good word in here for the popular investor. Irish guy behind it (robert reynolds). Been in his service since December and been very happy
Thanks from:
Advertisement
05-03-2021, 20:59   #5402
Bacchus

Checked in on the portfolio there to survey the damage. Back in the green overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freyners View Post
I'll throw a good word in here for the popular investor. Irish guy behind it (robert reynolds). Been in his service since December and been very happy
Thanks for the tip. I'll check him out. TBH, some of the others are quite pricey and I gotta think of them as taking a % of any gains. I'm just doing my research with what data I have now and it makes sense in 6 months... a years time I'll give one a go. Sticking to what I know is fine, but it means putting all my eggs in one basket, and I just don't have the time to go figuring out which stocks in other markets have the best long term potential. There's great knowledge here on these boards too.
05-03-2021, 21:04   #5403
cronos

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronos View Post
PSTH is recovering really strong. Don't see that 22 happening. Shame was hoping for a quick dip buy but glad for everyone in it. Curious what caused it to turn. Market seems to be rising.
Lesson learned, right moves but got too greedy trying to buy back in at 22 rather than being more reasonable. 23 actually would have hit and I'd be up a few thousand.

I'm curious if this rebound will hold though. Was very fast pump. Guess people are going off the jobs numbers and assuming the stimulus get's done over the weekend? Stocks are still overpriced though, Tesla didn't rebound yet. Still would prefer things slowly trend up
05-03-2021, 21:59   #5404
1percent

That was a crazy day, didn't off load the IAG with the drop but picked up the RDSB. Then the US opened, what a wild ride, not a tap was done at work the tail end of the day.

I worry this is a bull trap people so be careful everybody
(4) thanks from:
05-03-2021, 23:41   #5405
plasmin

Added small positions in APPS, PINS, UPWK, GHVI, GILT & LOTZ

Watching LMND, DKNG

Mad day
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
Yesterday, 03:16   #5406
jams100

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1percent View Post
That was a crazy day, didn't off load the IAG with the drop but picked up the RDSB. Then the US opened, what a wild ride, not a tap was done at work the tail end of the day.

I worry this is a bull trap people so be careful everybody
You probably picked up the RDSB shares I sold, best of luck with it, I think oil has very little left to run, shell are trying to move away from oil but that's going to be a long painful transition. The Saudis could anyday decide to ramp up production and these oil plays with drop like a stone, even Tullow oil is back at yearly highs. My thoughts anyway
Yesterday, 07:24   #5407
Supercell
Happy :)

We had wild moves last March too, whenever SPY moves more than 1% a day the market is chaotic, dont think we at the end of it yet.
Got rid of my MICT and put it into KBNT and PERI at the bottom or as close as bloody Degiro would let me. Didnt do due diligence on that and bought into the fomo - insider ownership is around 2.8% and the CEO Darren Mercer is a very dodgy type (took out a 270k loan from BNN as it was being wound up - shareholders shafted - see thread about BNN/Mercer here), the shelf offering diluting the shareholders 30% as the market was crashing stank to high heaven too.

Oh, and my head hurts this morning.

Last edited by Supercell; Yesterday at 07:32.
(3) thanks from:
Yesterday, 16:28   #5408
massdebater

Started the year almost 25% in cash but that's down to 8% now with all the recent buying. Have a quarter of the remainder lodged in my account and ready to go next week if there are further drops. Topped up more ARKK and ARKG yesterday.
Thanks from:
Yesterday, 18:51   #5409
circadian

Just gonna throw this in here. Look at the last 6 days of trading on GME, say whatever you want but that's real growth. Higher highs and higher lows every single day this week.

If there's a squeeze then I wonder how big it'll get with this build up. It looks a lot like the 9 days before the pop in January.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GME.JPG (154.3 KB, 66 views)
Thanks from:
Advertisement
Yesterday, 19:21   #5410
Kilough

Do ppl think the bump ok Fri afternoon will hold and we go up and up from here ala March '20? Listened to Jim Cramer yday and he talked of 2015/16 and the 5 human emotions of a crash. Market dropped Jul 2015 and recovered by Oct. Then tanked again before recovering by Q2 16 and roaring since. So basically the uptick on Fri afternoon could be temporary and we could fall further from here - a bull to trap as stated above.

My first time trading in a correction period so interested to get ppls takes and how it influences strategy.

Seems like most sensible play is just to keep averaging in on stocks I'm long on bringing down my BEP. Maybe buy into some commodities and maybe real estate based stock like LGIH.
Yesterday, 19:43   #5411
circadian

Yeah I'm bringing my BEP down on longer plays and I'm getting into some dividend plays at a good return %.
Thanks from:
Yesterday, 20:19   #5412
growleaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilough View Post
Do ppl think the bump ok Fri afternoon will hold and we go up and up from here ala March '20? Listened to Jim Cramer yday and he talked of 2015/16 and the 5 human emotions of a crash. Market dropped Jul 2015 and recovered by Oct. Then tanked again before recovering by Q2 16 and roaring since. So basically the uptick on Fri afternoon could be temporary and we could fall further from here - a bull to trap as stated above.

My first time trading in a correction period so interested to get ppls takes and how it influences strategy.

Seems like most sensible play is just to keep averaging in on stocks I'm long on bringing down my BEP. Maybe buy into some commodities and maybe real estate based stock like LGIH.
Bull trap imo.

There was a boost on the Jobs Report yesterday but this correction began with rising interest rates and there is no indication of that changing. The Federal Reserve have said they are unconcerned about rising rates.

I learnt my lesson in the sell-off of December 2019 which was driven by quantitative tightening and reversed by the abandonment of that policy.

QE has warped the relationship between normal business cycles and the stock market.
Yesterday, 20:54   #5413
LC134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilough View Post

Yeah I listened to the podcast - his reference to the various phases made me reflect on my portfolio!
Today, 00:38   #5414
pioneerpro

Quote:
Originally Posted by growleaves View Post
The Federal Reserve have said they are unconcerned about rising rates.
That is patently not what Powell said in the last two weeks. He said they were unconcerned with the rise of inflation up to 2%, but that would only happen at near full employment in the future and that the federal reserve had a number of fiduciary tools and safeguards at their disposal to ensure it didn't rise above that.

Now, tbf, the market and 10y bond stuff have decided to consistently go mad at anything other than a firm statement from Powell - which he explained on Friday that, as an apolitical organisation, he would not and could not give. That said, he did make a very strong statement about his own negative experiences as a young adult emerging into the job market during a time of inflation.

QE is certainly correlated strongly, and 1.9t is not to be sniffed at, but the market is acting catatonically after the bull run of a year it has had due to any signal that the party is over. They could be trying to force the hand here, but its unlikely to happen.
Today, 00:51   #5415
growleaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneerpro View Post
That is patently not what Powell said in the last two weeks. He said they were unconcerned with the rise of inflation up to 2%, but that would only happen at near full employment in the future and that the federal reserve had a number of fiduciary tools and safeguards at their disposal to ensure it didn't rise above that.

Now, tbf, the market and 10y bond stuff have decided to consistently go mad at anything other than a firm statement from Powell - which he explained on Friday that, as an apolitical organisation, he would not and could not give. That said, he did make a very strong statement about his own negative experiences as a young adult emerging into the job market during a time of inflation.

QE is certainly correlated strongly, and 1.9t is not to be sniffed at, but the market is acting catatonically after the bull run of a year it has had due to any signal that the party is over. They could be trying to force the hand here, but its unlikely to happen.
Okay well apologies for not being precise and the quoting it exactly but I see no contradiction since we are below 2% now and I was only talking about the immediate short term.

The poster I was replying to wanted to know if anyone thought the macro trend had become bullish again from yesterday.

I'll write things out more carefully next time.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion