Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

ok, can someone wake me up when we hit the bottom... thought we might see some stability today... another red day :(

And... I am waiting for Degiro to take my transfer (from BOI)... grrr... Need to try and pick up some bargains!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I got price alerts on my phone for Trade Desk and Peloton. Instinctively I read it as "down 9%"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Anyone have any thoughts on SGRE? Been watching them for a while and it "looks" like it might be back on the up after a big dip.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,266 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Brk.b ticking along nicely this year

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kilough

Cielo look to have proven out their Desulfurization process at scale. Production of manufacturing equipment underway

https://www.cielows.com/cielo-provides-update-on-the-desulfurization-process-and-announces-partial-repayment-of-loan-following-warrant-exercise/

• Advertisement

Sorry to talk about GME again but up 30%! (I'm still down overall but gap is closing!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Sorry to talk about GME again but up 30%! (I'm still down overall but gap is closing!)

It's nuts. The movement today is ridiculous. I lost a decent amount last time coz I panicked. Have a few shares now and am up a few quid with them but the stock isn't worth the price. It's got to collapse again at some stage. There will be few ups and downs before it does though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,488 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Hopefully it will pick up your position on its way up.
    The price movement on what's a very low volume this morning is crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Treppen

cronos wrote: »
    Sadly Boohoo my only LSE stock has been continuing it's slow downward trend. Still hoping it turns the corner back upwards slowly.

Same here, I see it as a more post-covid play when all the ladaays will want to get dolled up in new gear to go out again.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

Sold Pfizer today at flat for last few weeks. Got Netflix (BEP $512), BABA (BEP $229) and IAG (€2.39). I know these may go dip further but most likely to come back. Boohoo seems attractive. Any other bargains I am missing?

• Advertisement

Kilough wrote: »
    Cielo look to have proven out their Desulfurization process at scale. Production of manufacturing equipment underway

https://www.cielows.com/cielo-provides-update-on-the-desulfurization-process-and-announces-partial-repayment-of-loan-following-warrant-exercise/
    Cielo up 20% after this press release. I think it will pull back after initial rally.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Absolutely amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Argo is on PrimaryBid at 200p, a 20% discount on its mid-day price today. It hasn't been below 200 since Feb 15th.
    Very time limited, closes at 6.15PM.

UK based people only.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Treppen

cc87 wrote: »
    Argo is on PrimaryBid at 200p, a 20% discount on its mid-day price today. It hasn't been below 200 since Feb 15th.

UK based people only.

What's primary bid about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

cc87 wrote: »

UK based people only.

Whats the story with Primary bid? Is it just a regular broker ? Any extra costs or gotcha's?

This is the Argo link.

https://twitter.com/PrimaryBid/status/1368971447583014913?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Treppen wrote: »
    What's primary bid about?

It’s a UK based company that offers shares to retail either pre-IPO or at times like the Argo one this evening, discounted shares when there’s a share offering.

https://primarybid.com/about

Needs a Stocks and Shares account with a UK broker where they then place the shares once they are made available.

Haven’t seen any hidden fees or anything along those lines so far.
    I invested in CBX a few weeks ago pre-IPO and besides a short delay in the shares arriving in my Hargreaves Landown account there was no issues at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 HamillE

Bacchus wrote: »
    Anyone have any thoughts on SGRE? Been watching them for a while and it "looks" like it might be back on the up after a big dip.

What's the case for buying Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy (SGRE) Vs Siemens Energy (ENR) which if I understand correctly is the parent company?

Looking at both myself.

What a day - Apple, Netflix, BABA all bleeding further. When is it going to stop ?

HamillE wrote: »
    What's the case for buying Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy (SGRE) Vs Siemens Energy (ENR) which if I understand correctly is the parent company?

Looking at both myself.

Why not both? :)

I leaned towards SGRE because I wanted more renewables in my portfolio (even though I like the hydrogen and infrastructure stuff in Siemens Energy). Also, they just got a big contract for a wind farm in UK. I went in with them today. I'll probably look at adding ENR too at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

bish76 wrote: »
    What a day - Apple, Netflix, BABA all bleeding further. When is it going to stop ?

To be honest Baba is really the stand out one in that list. The other's have done exceptionally well over the past year and it's arguable they are viewed as over priced when things open back up. But Baba never really ran up so it's hard to know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

This is brutal! My portfolio is down 12% overall..

GME up 40%, in touching distance of break even territory now, going to hold :-) Hopefully continues in same form tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

What are people's thoughts on TSLA. It's down at $560 from a high of ~$880. Is now the time to buy or will it dip further?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

DeanAustin wrote: »
    What are people's thoughts on TSLA. It's down at $560 from a high of ~$880. Is now the time to buy or will it dip further?

I'm quite risk averse personally so I'd only consider it in the 400's. But that's just me, it's hard to know the answer to this. It could go to 100 or 1000 depending on the different people you talk to. I see it had good support in the 400's previously though so I expect it will get support there again if it get's that far down.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

NIO is bleeding heavily aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭jams100

Why I'm so bullish on Nvidia:

- There is such a demand for their products that there are still shortages even after them increasing supply
    - Sales were up 61% year over year (2019-2020)
    - The acquisition of ARM for $40 billion (ARM develops low-power chips for mobile devices - and it supplies technology to most of Nvidia's competitors, now I'd be a little surprised if this actually went through, but Nvidia said that they are making "good progress" towards acquiring ARM in their recent earnings call, was expected to take 18 months, time shall tell.
    - Company posted an impressive $5 billion in sales in Q4 of 2020
    - They are so dominant in the GPU market right now that when they released their RTX 3060 GPUs they were almost immediately sold out. These GPUs were also being used for Crypto mining and Nvidia had to find a way of reducing their power for cryptos just to keep up with the gaming demand side.
    - This month they are releasing a specific line of Crypto GPUs, they are expected to contribute 50 million in sales in Q1. This will always be small fry for Nvidia as their money is to be made in the GPU gaming market. (The crypto market has a ceiling)
    - They have good momentum in the automotive market with their electric vehicle OEMs, including NIO, SAIC, Xpeng and Li Auto, these are all using the Nvidia drive platform to power their next generation vehicles
    - Partnered with Mercedes to create a 56" wide screen which is powered by Nvidia cockpit technology and is now in 1.8 million cars (Recurring software revenues).
    - Data centres contributed $1.9 billion in Q4 2020 and 6.7 billion, year on year (Their A100, which is used for data centers is expected to continue to grow due to its outstanding performance…it performs AI computations with 1/20th of the power consumption of CPUs and is 20x faster than their previous generation)
    - Their GForce gaming platform now has 6 million users and is supported in 65 countries which is expected to continue to grow
    - Acquired mellanox technologies in April 2020

- Q1 2021 revenues expected to be $5.3 billion
    - Their net income in 2020 was $4.3 billion, so they are already making significant profits and are growing rapidly
    - Shares are down 24% from their high in 2020
    - They are one of the leaders in AI in my opinion and this is and will continue to be a massive area of growth for many years to come, hence the importance of the ARM acquisition
    - 0.13% dividend
    - Currently trading at 72 p/e. Now, at first sight that seems very high but with revenues accelerating and their ability to execute their strategies to date I don't think that is at all outlandish. I expect that in 3 years we'll look back and say, that was good value back then.

I know they are going to have a bit of competition from AMD in the future but they are now the "go to" for gaming so I'm not too concerned about that right now...I'm averaging down and long on Nvidia, interested to hear other peoples thoughts

(This was all typed on a laptop using an Nvidia GEFORCE GTX, so I can firsthand say their product is top of the class!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭KAGY

I'm just playing around with a few hundred in Revolut since Dec, managing to still be up 9% (down from a performance of 130% in feb), mostly due to luck buying LXRX. No real research, just quasi analysis of "this might do well in the long run if..." and looking at Motley Fool
    Out of the portfolio I've noticed that all of the stocks that are lower than I bought them were recommended by MF! (Frog, AUY, ABEV)

So I'll keep playing along with you guys, your recommendations are a good as any :-)

GME up nearly 14% premarket. This is break even territory. Should I sell and get my money back or hold? :D:D Only have 1.5 shares so not much money. It's odd how the mind works. When it was at 40 I would have sold at break even no questions asked. Now I'm inclined to be greedy and hang in to try and get some profits :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

GME up nearly 14% premarket. This is break even territory. Should I sell and get my money back or hold? :D:D Only have 1.5 shares so not much money. It's odd how the mind works. When it was at 40 I would have sold at break even no questions asked. Now I'm inclined to be greedy and hang in to try and get some profits :pac:

Get your money out!

• Advertisement

Bacchus wrote: »
    Why not both? :)

I leaned towards SGRE because I wanted more renewables in my portfolio (even though I like the hydrogen and infrastructure stuff in Siemens Energy). Also, they just got a big contract for a wind farm in UK. I went in with them today. I'll probably look at adding ENR too at some point.

Sold some IAG and added C36 this morning too (hopefully these green technologies will turn in to green graphs :)). Damn those fees are high though.

Advertisement