Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭circadian

pioneerpro wrote: »
    The DTCC rules and the FTD are probably driving this alongside Ryan Cohen announcement this time, not sure about correlations. That said, to the moon etc.. :D

Yeah probably, and the correlations are most likely just coincidence, but as a species we do follow patterns.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,488 ✭✭✭✭banie01

circadian wrote: »
    Yeah probably, and the correlations are most likely just coincidence, but as a species we do follow patterns.

And we look for them and infer them even where there are none.(not that I'm saying your chart has none)
    Last hour of trading will be interesting though.

There are people over in the Reddit asylum hoping for multiples of k per share.
    I can"t see that happening, but I do see a lot of shorts being liquidated and if that's HFs?
    Well c'est la guerre!

It's not too often the small guys have a win and I hope anyone on the GME train sets their stop/loss in profit ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Not counting my chickens yet, but give me another afternoon or so like this and I'll be a very relieved man ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2021-03-08/spac-party-over-cciv-dive-and-chamath-palihapitiya-spce-sale-say-so

Anyones thoughts on the above?

I'm in four SPACs myself PSTH, THBR, PIPP, APSG - and they have had little to no movement today..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭circadian

banie01 wrote: »
    And we look for them and infer them even where there are none.(not that I'm saying your chart has none)

I can"t see that happening, but I do see a lot of shorts being liquidated and if that's HFs?
    Well c'est la guerre!

It's not too often the small guys have a win and I hope anyone on the GME train sets their stop/loss in profit ;)

I'm totally looking for patterns where they don't exist, I don't deny that.

Yeah I bought back in for this current ride, at $120 so a little later to the game but, manually, setting a trailing stop loss of sorts. Tough to do on something so volatile, but it seems about $200 is the floor today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

DutchYurt wrote: »
    https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2021-03-08/spac-party-over-cciv-dive-and-chamath-palihapitiya-spce-sale-say-so

I'm in four SPACs myself PSTH, THBR, PIPP, APSG - and they have had little to no movement today..

Thought the same as bloomberg in the week after CCIV so sold off almost everything. Have saved myself thousands thus far.

The problem is the valuations more so than the targets. People go into SPAC's expecting to get a good deal on the valuation which then pop's. Problem is that companies know that pop is happening and are just asking for more valuation up front, thus killing any increases for the investor.

PSTH I think it the future of the SPAC industry now. If they do a great deal they could start to run again. If not it's game over.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

I wouldn't be a fan of PSTH or PIPP in particular, but re: bloomberg and all the crazy FUD and biased Op-Ed nonsense they spread I've one rule - if it ain't Gillian Tan it ain't worth a damn!

(...that said there was another article recently re: Archers valuation and I couldn't help but agree. Certain sectors and SPACs are dodgy as **** imo. No idea what ZNTE are even going to hit now for example)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭daheff

banie01 wrote: »

Well c'est la guerre!

i'm back in profit -i'm a financial genius :D

seriously though, from what i've been reading this is a cluster fck waiting to happen...gamma squeeze, short squeeze, HF liquidating other positions trying to avoid a margin call

as a max price realistically i can't see it going higher than 2k. after that its meltdown territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I've got out of most SPAC's (IPOF and PSTH the only thing I'm holding). The easy money is gone, looking a bit of a Ponzi scheme now, they're gonna run out of decent companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Treppen

masterK wrote: »
    Definitely interested. I'm not entirely sure how the pricing on a direct listing will go. I've seen figures of $45-$48 per share with 200 million shares being quoted.

They appear to be ready to go for tomorrow on Trading 212.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

Anyone in EDSA - stumbled across this and after doing some initial DD it appears to be well undervalued at current price (currently available around $5.15)..am i missing something glaring :)

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭jams100

I thought tech was dead??? Nasdaq up 4+% :confused::D

As I mentioned earlier in the week I was aggressively buying tech :

Nvidia
    Alphabet
    Amazon (flipped it for a quick profit as it had too big a weighting)
    Paypal (Bought today)
    Brookfield
    & the company I've dismissed so many times, Tesla, I've now come to see their long term value (it's a relatively small position overall)

I do think tech will be up and down over the coming months but I'm not investing for tomorrow I'm investing for 3-5 years+ from now

Anyone in EDSA - stumbled across this and after doing some initial DD it appears to be well undervalued at current price (currently available around $5.15)..am i missing something glaring :)

No... never heard of it, do tell?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Treppen

Ya it was mentioned a few times on this thread.

I suppose what you might be missing is that it's at the clinical trial stage! Maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Jeff2

PLTR on the was up.

Treppen wrote: »
    I suppose what you might be missing is that it's at the clinical trial stage! Maybe?

It's a strange one to read. Their lead drug (EB01) before Covid released clinical milestone recruitment for stage 2 today and hope to release Interim results in approx 28 days, plus their EB05 COVID/ARDS treatment trial (funded by the Canadian Gov after extensive Government scientist (the email I saw was 20 gov scientists) review of EDESA R&D) is due to release info "Near Term" (any day between now and Mid April). Either (if positive) would value the company at over half a billion USD (conservatively... very). And it's Market cap is currently around $60m @ current price of $5.18.

By far it's biggest problem is that it has spiked previously and not held its price. But, I blame investors rather than the company. More than 99% are current in a loss at the current share price. And lots of bag holders.

Sales volume is tiny. I read that as most people are happy with their share holdings accumulated over a long period of time, but wont increase their shareholding out of fear. But, as always some need to sell for various reasons.

CEO has track record of starting and exiting companies for profit. I think it's way undervalued and have continued to add to my position as funds allow.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

It's a strange one to read. Their lead drug (EB01) before Covid released clinical milestone recruitment for stage 2 today and hope to release Interim results in approx 28 days, plus their EB05 COVID/ARDS treatment trial (funded by the Canadian Gov after extensive Government scientist (the email I saw was 20 gov scientists) review of EDESA R&D) is due to release info "Near Term" (any day between now and Mid April). Either (if positive) would value the company at over half a billion USD (conservatively... very).

Like any other biotech, you are betting on result of a trial. Every trial is backed by a group of scientists and some by universities, but they may still fail. If the results are positive, it's undervalued and if it's negative you are own your own.

I am currently on Relief Therapeutics.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

left at least $800 on the table due to having closed a $700 march 12th Tesla call option today when it was @$450

made $120 in less than a day but i really should have known , something like that is worse than loosing money

bish76 wrote: »
    Like any other biotech, you are betting on result of a trial. Every trial is backed by a group of scientists and some by universities, but they may still fail. If the results are positive, it's undervalued and if it's negative you are own your own.

True. I like the clinical trial results so far for EB05 and EB01. Plus, the Canadian government have paid for the stage II trial mid way through, the effect of EB05 is known within days (although it's a double blind trial and info from the current trial shouldn't be known). I'm also guessing/hoping HC Wainright didn't buy $10m worth of shares at market value (and at a premium to current price) in the company last week without some clue of the efficacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Cpfm

Timmaay wrote: »
    Not counting my chickens yet, but give me another afternoon or so like this and I'll be a very relieved man ha.

..crazy day.... I was down 20% from 15/02. Pulled back 6% today, long plays like like twilio +14% and Cloudflare +12%.
    Am planning on picking up some more Redfin and twitter tomorrow if it doesn't all go Pete tong before then. My WallSt has been playing up Twitter and Redfin recently so I'm putting my faith in them for the time being..:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

Realistic people like me couldn't buy TSLA at 550 because of intrinsic value, fundamentals and so on. Its at 670 just now, the single highest rally since 2013. Can't belive it but I couldn't belive the Bitcoin hitting 50,000 either. How do I instill that optimistic and futuristic view in me.

Cpfm wrote: »
    ..crazy day.... I was down 20% from 15/02. Pulled back 6% today, long plays like like twilio +14% and Cloudflare +12%.
    Am planning on picking up some more Redfin and twitter tomorrow if it doesn't all go Pete tong before then. My WallSt has been playing up Twitter and Redfin recently so I'm putting my faith in them for the time being..:confused:

+16% overall today. I'll need afew more of them to get back to my early Feb peak ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

Timmaay wrote: »
    +16% overall today. I'll need afew more of them to get back to my early Feb peak ha.

I thought I was doing well being up 8% for the day! Well done. What does tomorrow bring ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Amazing day. Wish I'd bought the dip. But how do you call the bottom on these things. Tricky.

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

cronos wrote: »
    Amazing day. Wish I'd bought the dip. But how do you call the bottom on these things. Tricky.

Still plenty of recovery left in plenty stocks, and nothing to say tomorrow will be a green day again. If you see a future for a company, the right time to invest is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

bish76 wrote: »

Refreshing multiple tabs the whole time waiting for those 60 day trial results. My most watched stock at the moment. Will find it hard not to throw another grand or two at it if it hits CHF 0.28.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

cronos wrote: »

My best day on the market since I started investing. Bet big on Tesla at $600 and fate obviously decided she'd been bumming me too much lately and took some pity. The few GME shares I have also helped. The GME one is purely luck. I only (re)invested for a bit of craic when it ballooned a couple of weeks ago.

Lost a good few quid in a self inflicted cluster**** on GME about a month ago which had my portfolio down around 20% last week. Thanks to today, I'm back to only being down 4% with a lot of stocks I have for the long term (GME obviously not being one of them).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Jeff2

circadian wrote: »
    Alright, so anyone on the GME train here's something I spotted and I've been watching the last few days. Basically last time we got the squeeze it took about 9 days from the first significant market movement to the big push. We're at day 9 again and it's looking very similar.

What do use for this chart. ?

Do you sign up to somewhere and does it cost. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Is GEVO worth a punt now that its at 8.70 odd ?

I think this company could potentially have a very bright future and would like to buy and hold

thanks

• Advertisement

I thought I was doing well being up 8% for the day! Well done. What does tomorrow bring ?!

Hard to know. Hopefully that's the end of the rotation from growth/tech back into covid/value stocks. I remember the very same thing happened last may, was a rotation away from tech and everyone said put your money back in value stock's, which I did but immediately bang, they gave back all them gains and it was the Nasdaq that took off again lol. But anyways what Cathie Woods said the other day stuck with me, this rotation from growth stocks back into value was absolutely necessary, its not good for the stockmarket or economy in general to have everything hinged on one sector. It does look like the USA economy is gonna open up this time, so I'd say them recovery stocks will hold up this time. But anyway, tomorrow, everyone will want a continuation of the Nasdaq push, but I can defo see us give back a percent at least of today's 4% gain, as people take profits from today.

Advertisement