Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beggars sitting outside shops

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭paul71

Augeo wrote: »
    Not at all ................. I'm saying there are Roma folk in receipt of HAP and SW who are begging......... in response to that this spiel "u cannot come to Ireland and get SW and HAP etc when you land off the plane" was introduced to the topic.

Well the statement he made is correct, nobody can arrive here and receive welfare, even an Irish citizen returning after a long period cannot do that so I see no problem with his statement.

paul71 wrote: »
    Well the statement he made is correct, nobody can arrive here and receive welfare, even an Irish citizen returning after a long period cannot do that so I see no problem with his statement.

He was mentioning it to dispute that there are Roma folk in receipt of HAP and SW who are begging.

He reckons any Roma gypsy begging then wanders off home to their rented accommodation that's paid for by begging and " bit of stealing from time to time as well " ........... landlords of course rent out properties to folk with this earning potential in times of housing shortages :)

They pay rent, to a landlord.

Pretty obvious I would have thought.
    MarkY91 wrote: »
    So why are they begging on the street if they can afford to pay rent? Can't you back your claim up with proof that they're paying rent? Where do they get the money for rent? Definitely not by working.
    You are very angry.

How prey tell could I back it up with evidence? What, realistically could I produce? I can only speak from experience dealing with them. Plenty sharing places in Dublin 1 and 7.

I don't believe any proof has been produced that they are claiming welfare and free houses either, has it?

They get the money for rent from begging of course. I dare say a bit of stealing from time to time as well. I don't recall saying otherwise.
    ......... a large bit of HAP I'd imagine also.
    Again no. I dunno why it needs to be repeated constantly but Gypsies and in fact no person can just rock into Ireland and voila, welfare...........

He was mentioning it to dispute that there are Roma folk in receipt of HAP and SW who are begging.

It would extremely difficult for them to do so given the stringent nature of the Habitual residence rule, so it is a fair statement.

In addition given niners' profession he is in a far better position to comment on that than many.

It would extremely difficult for them to do so given the stringent nature of the Habitual residence rule, so it is a fair statement.

The world is full of people succeeding when things are extremely difficult. €€€s are a great motivator.

In addition given niners' profession he is in a far better position to comment on that than many.

How do you know his profession?

Have you stalked him?
    Again, if you bothereed your arse to read the full thread you would see my wife and children were not born in Ireland and had to go through the system at various stages.

I have also helped her friends and associates as need be. If you stalked me and thankfully it appears you do not, I have posted about renting a room to foreign nationals including south Americans, etc over the years and assisting them.

He reckons any Roma gypsy begging then wanders off home to their rented accommodation that's paid for by begging and " bit of stealing from time to time as well " ........... landlords of course rent out properties to folk with this earning potential in times of housing shortages :)

He is correct, have you ever looked at the requirements and evidence needed to establish habitual residence, and he knows far more about the activities of beggers and low level criminals than you or I do.

How do you know his profession?

He has never hidden it on boards.

The world is full of people succeeding when things are extremely difficult. €€€s are a great motivator.

So you are aware of fraud. Have you reported it to the Garda?

• Advertisement

He is correct, have you ever looked at the requirements and evidence needed to establish habitual residence, and he knows far more about the activities of beggers and low level criminals than you or I do.

Does he really?

anyone who reckons no Roma folk in receipt of HAP or SW beg know not much about anything IMO.

You seem very knowledeable about a poster that's not on boards.ie that long.......... are you his wife or something?

Does he really?

anyone who reckons no Roma folk in receipt of HAP or SW beg know not much about anything IMO.

You seem very knowledeable about a poster that's not on boards.ie that long.......... are you his wife or something?

Ah I see, the evidence is "IMO"

So you are just alleging mass fraud including Educational records, employment records, Medical records, participation in community groups, rental records required to prove habitual residence on a large scale with in the Roma community.
    All being presented in hundreds of individual cases to a dedicated section of the Department of Social welfare, and they failed to spot this, failed to report it to the Garda?

I am afraid you do not have an opinion, what you have is a ingrained set of prejudices based on nothing.

Ah I see, the evidence is ..........

Here we go .......... yourself and the other lad are one and the same poster?
    You still didn't confirm how you know so much about his profession etc?

Ah I see, the evidence is ..........

You still didn't clarify how you know so much about his profession etc?

Lol at the prejudice...
    ..I am afraid you do not have an opinion, what you have is a ingrained set of prejudices based on nothing...........
    ... your "friend" reckons Roma folk who beg also steal to pay their rent :pac:

A nice little tag team you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Murt10

There's a young Roma girl constantly sitting on the ground outside my local shops. She moves up and down sometimes the Spar, sometimes the coffee shop, sometimes the chemist.

Anytime I see her I ask her if she wants a bag of chips or something to eat from the chipper, and she normally accepts with a smile. Once or twice she refused, but she didn't ask for money either and I wouldn't have dreamed of giving her any, as that's only feeding problem.

(Bloody expensive cup of coffee (:D:D:D)

You still didn't clarify how you know so much about his profession etc?

Lol at the prejudice...... your "friend" reckons Roma folk who beg also steal to pay their rent :pac:

A nice little tag team you are.

They probably do, and he would know. What you did was come onto a thread make statements based on prejudice and failed to back them up when challenged. In other words you spouted nonsense.

He is a fact, people beg, some are Roma, they probably are not on social welfare because they are not entitled.

Others are Irish, they ARE on social welfare. Pretty everything else you said is speculation based on no evidence and when you were challenged on it you failed to respond and threw a childish rant.

• Advertisement
Advertisement