Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Have my G-shock on today! Haven’t worn this in a while. Bracelet had gone loose after I lost some weight so I took a link out yesterday! Have this watch since 2006!

503605.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭pm.

etxp wrote: »
    Have my G-shock on today! Haven’t worn this in a while. Bracelet had gone loose after I lost some weight so I took a link out yesterday! Have this watch since 2006!

I had the same watch and tbh I would never be without a G-shock. I bought the one attached towards the end of last year

503635.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭emo72

Probably to big to upload, bit I'll try

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

pm. wrote: »
    I had the same watch and tbh I would never be without a G-shock. I bought the one attached towards the end of last year

I love G-shocks! Haven’t worn mine in ages though so it’s like having a new watch on today!

Yours is lovely, I have thought about getting an analogue one for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭pm.

etxp wrote: »
    I love G-shocks! Haven’t worn mine in ages though so it’s like having a new watch on today!

Yours is lovely, I have thought about getting an analogue one for a while.

If you do prepare to wear it a lot, because they are so durable and look the part in analogue it may be your daily... It is for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

I have a red analogue G-Shock that does exercise wear for the stopwatch and weekend wear most of the time, had it 7 years now, absolutely fantastic all rounder. Would never be without a g shock in the collection having had one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Tudor Tuesday! Just bought my first automatic watch, I do realise the TT is a bit marmite but god I love it, have an Everest strap at home which I can’t wait to try with it.

503823.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

C0N0R wrote: »
    Tudor Tuesday! Just bought my first automatic watch, I do realise the TT is a bit marmite but god I love it, have an Everest strap at home which I can’t wait to try with it.

503823.jpg

Jesus thats some first automatic watch...well wear.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

C0N0R wrote: »

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=503823&stc=1&d=1582659140

Lovely! TT can be hit and miss, but I think that model gets it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Eoin wrote: »
    Lovely! TT can be hit and miss, but I think that model gets it right.

Ok, what's a TT, I know what a BB is , but TT is a new one on me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

njburke wrote: »

Two Tone

njburke wrote: »

Two Tone, the watch is steel and gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 EasyG

A new Vostok Komandirskie 030787 automatic arrived this week from Meranom, I stuck a Sniper bay 20mm red nato strap on it. I'll probably get a nice leather strap for it soon. Not a mad fan of natos. I haven't been able to set the date as yet, the crown is so loose. Hard to click it in.

503881.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I do wish Vostok just wouldn't bother with the date window if they aren't going to bother with a quick set for the date.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

hitemfrank wrote: »
    I do wish Vostok just wouldn't bother with the date window if they aren't going to bother with a quick set for the date.

I'd have about 5 of them if you could set the date like normal. I rarely wear mine because I just can't be bothered doing it

Ah I didn't know that was a thing with them. Thought it was just an odd one I got.

EasyG wrote: »
    Ah I didn't know that was a thing with them. Thought it was just an odd one I got.

Nah, it's by design unfortunately.

Advance the time to about 2am and then wind back to about 8pm and repeat this process to get the date moving.

It's a bit of a pain to do if you've not worn the watch on a week or two.

It's a lovely looking watch you got by the way.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I'm liking that Vostok I have to say. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

It's actually l a Komandirskie 030787 in case you're wanting some research...

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

I wish they did no date versions too, i can never be arsed changing the date on it even when its close:)
    503883.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

I dunno, it's not that hard and the 2416B movement is robust enough to deal with the manual date setting method.

I've never found it a problem.

It would rive me nuts not to have the right date on it.

hitemfrank wrote: »
    It's actually l a Komandirskie 030787 in case you're wanting some research...
    Edited, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Lorddrakul wrote: »

It would rive me nuts not to have the right date on it.
    Same here:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Like C0N0R, opted for a bi-metal diver for my first auto. Had been looking at the tudor for some time as well.

49589308372_d5408dc9b6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Very tasty Seamaster, well wear! Love the TT Black Bay too, had been considering one for a while, but just a little too large for my wrist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

The more seamasters I see , the more I want one.

Very nice! It was one of the ones I tried on too. Can’t wait to try the bb with the rubber. The other one I was going to look at was the Breitling Superocean Heritage 2, but never got that far!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

It's still a very nice vostok. It's not a big problem, can be slightly annoying if you need to go through 30 days

Cienciano wrote: »
    It's still a very nice vostok. It's not a big problem, can be slightly annoying if you need to go through 30 days
    Cheers yeah, Im very happy with it.
    I know it would drive alot mad round here, but I'm not even going to bother with the date.
    Once it tells me the time, then I'm good :)
    The watch is worn on rotation with a couple of others that I'm loving at the moment.
    It would be too much of a pain in the balls to be trying to accurately adjust the date two or three times a week.

For me, Vostoks are like gshocks...
    every collection should have at least one ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

For me, Vostoks are like gshocks...
    every collection should have at least five ;)

Fixed that for ya.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement