Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭pjdarcy

Lurching wrote: »
    You can deactivate it if you do pull it (wrap the antenna around the watch).
    But if you do pull it - the watch is written off.

Breitling used to say that if it was pulled for a real emergency, they'd replace the watch. Not sure if it's still the case.

Go on - we'll crowdfund a replacement for you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

I have found myself enjoying G-shocks since I moved over, nothing expensive because I use them for working or going fishing.

I have a few others styles but I love square G's especially the G-Lide tide watches for fishing so I am always on the lookout for another. Newest edition arrived today and it is a purple GLX-5600B-4, crazy the colours I can wear with a tan instead of pale Irish white :cool:

7RskDC7l.jpg

The rest of my squares

Casio GLX-5600B-4
    Casio DW5600E-1V with GW-B5600BL bezel/strap, the watch was only $16 from Amazon because of a damaged box and $10 for the new bezel/strap from watchuseek.
    Casio GW-5600J Oldie multiband 2
    Casio GLX-5600-1 with Hawaiian 5600F-8 bezel/strap
    Casio GLX-5600-1
    Casio DW5600MW-7

MqFCjvml.jpg

Needed a new home for my G-Shocks and picked up this Seahorse SE-300F case a few week back from Amazon, orange was on sale for only $18. Pick and Pluck foam just like a Peli case.

TJWSS8fl.jpg

9xNTc5Ll.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Am wearing this today and as it happens in support of new to the 1930's pilots watch club IrishPlayer. :)

504788.jpg

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Vostok Amphibia 'Diver Dude' bought for €8 in a charity shop

504802.JPG

504803.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Vostok Amphibia 'Diver Dude' bought for €8 in a charity shop

What a find!

However, I'm afraid the unavoidable implication is that you are indeed a jammy git.

;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Took the words right outa my mouth M, getting a scuba dude for eight quid, and it's a non export internal Russian market example, is clear evidence that CT is indeed a total git of the jammy variety. No implication involved. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Uinseann_16

This is my sector elegance 42.195, it's a basic chronograph it's beginning to replace my G-Shock as a daily watch it's nothing fancy but a bit tidier than my G-Shock for nicer wear

504829.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

This is my sector elegance 42.195, it's a basic chronograph it's beginning to replace my G-Shock as a daily watch it's nothing fancy but a bit tidier than my G-Shock for nicer wear

They called that watch the elegance??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

The Gucci dress watch is over 30yrs old and worn very infrequently, The Tag has been my daily watch for coming up to 20yrs and the Hillfiger was a rewards point purchase when the Tag was being repaired.

504995.jpg

Going 1970's today. NOS 1975 only Bulova Accuquartz centenary in the shape of a tuning fork which was their Accutron electronic watch* logo.

504997.jpg

When quartz came along they got clever and adapted their tuning fork movement with a Quartz module, so the seconds hand is smooooth(300hz IIRC) and it saved them a fortune in development costs. They hum more quietly for some reason.

*the only watch movement where the escapement directly drove the hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,707 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Gmt today still has some stickers on to my shame

hxZpPVP.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭silverwood

My little collection.

A 2005 Omega Seamaster which I bought new in the US Virgin Islands. This is the quartz model.

Also, a 16610 Sub from 2002 which I bought last year. I absolutely love it.

At some stage I’d love to buy an IWC Pilot Chrono.

They are in a watch box which I picked up in Debenhams a few weeks ago. It was on sale - €60 down to €18 I think. Looks okay.

505005.jpeg
    505006.jpeg
    505007.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Cyrus wrote: »
    Gmt today still has some stickers on to my shame

*SNIP*

That need a nice rubber strap....if only you know where one was for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Ionised

Arrived from Japan yesterday.
    Didn't get caught for customs charges which was a nice bonus.

505015.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Jesus, the watch game is strong this Sunday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Ionised wrote: »

Class. Health to wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭micks_address

Beautiful..any details on reference, price and seller?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=505015&d=1583672264

Don't see many GS on here - that is just stunning.

Beautiful..any details on reference, price and seller?

Its the SBGX097 with 9F62 movement. Price was a tad over 1300 delivered to my door.
    Private seller in Japan who bought it August 2019 (and didn't wear it much going by the strap condition).

Considering getting another strap to keep the original in good nick. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,512 ✭✭✭✭banie01

. Price was a tad over 1300 delivered to my door.

1st off, a beautiful watch.
    2nd, what a price!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Its the SBGX097 with 9F62 movement. Price was a tad over 1300 delivered to my door.
    Private seller in Japan who bought it August 2019 (and didn't wear it much going by the strap condition).

Fantastic looking watch, congrats. I really like the strap too, looks excellent quality

• Registered Users Posts: 19,707 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I’d wear the strap I’ve had an iwc Portuguese on alligator for 10 years now and only needed to chang it once

What really saves a strap is a deployant instead of a pin buckle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭1882

Love it. Jealous :)

Cyrus wrote:
    What really saves a strap is a deployant instead of a pin buckle

Good point. It is a comfy one so be hard to find it's equal probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

20200301-073555.jpg

The Citizen Pro Master Tough Titanium. Deffinatly getting the most wrist time out of my collection and surprisingly one of my favourite watches if not my favourite watch at the moment.

20200229-041115.jpg

Not as good as Seiko lume but still usable

20200223-204327.jpg

The Explorer is not getting as much love. I really have to start wearing it more.

20200225-034649.jpg

Took this picture about 2 weeks ago now. It was the first time I wore the SARB035 in at lease 6 month.

Really is a fantastic piece for the price.

I ended up buying 2 of them when I was in Japan. One for my brother but he didnt want it in the end. So I sold it. Wont sell this one though it's a keeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭dvdman1

Casio Edifice EQB-1000D-1A

505073.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,891 ✭✭✭✭unkel

2shea wrote: »
    The Explorer is not getting as much love. I really have to start wearing it more.

Or sell it to me :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement