Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

Lovely photos Fulladapipes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 EasyG

dakar wrote: »
    That’s lovely.

I’m in Lanzarote at the moment and the hotel jeweller has a Save the Ocean Samurai at a very decent price. I’m leaving in the morning. So tempted...
    Get it or regret it...

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Bus Boy

Thats a lovely piece @fulladapipes. Timeless, literally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

That’s lovely.

I’m in Lanzarote at the moment and the hotel jeweller has a Save the Ocean Samurai at a very decent price. I’m leaving in the morning. So tempted...
    Oh I'm going (hopefully) at the end of March..somight keep an eye out for any deals

• Registered Users Posts: 19,706 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

unkel wrote: »
    Damn Eoin, now you've installed some Panerai want in me :(

Can't beat a pam if you can pull one off and the best thing is the entry ones are the best !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭Homer

Cyrus wrote: »
    Can't beat a pam if you can pull one off and the best thing is the entry ones are the best !

Yep, couldn’t agree more. Both my PAM000 and PAM560 were IMO nicer than a lot of the higher priced models. Although I do prefer simple dials and clean lines. And if I’m not mistaken I bought my first Panerai from your good self many moons ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭dakar

Yis are a shower of enablers...

504457.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

It’s a bit of a risky purchase - 36mm two tones are hit and miss - but I have to say I really like it. It’s not too small. My other watch is an Omega Seamaster 600 so totally different to this, but I like the contrast between the two.
    Bus Boy wrote: »
    Thats a lovely piece @fulladapipes. Timeless, literally.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

Some time last year I started noticing the classic two-tone Rolex Datejust (ref.16233). Although there's a few of them in jewellery shop windows, I've never seen anyone wearing one. They're expensive enough online, but I managed to find a decent one from 1995 in good condition with papers and box for about €1,000 cheaper than online or Dublin high street shops. The bracelet was slightly rattley - as is apparently normal with these watches - but a new pair of springboard has taken care of most of that.

Anyway, here it is on the flesh, if not in it. I'm pretty pleased with it. I've worn it pretty much every day for the last two months. (The one in American Psycho has a tapestry dial in case you're wondering.

[g]

Very nice, a two tone is something I have always thought about. Ball park what kind of money are these watches selling for?

Homer wrote: »
    Yep, couldn’t agree more. Both my PAM000 and PAM560 were IMO nicer than a lot of the higher priced models. Although I do prefer simple dials and clean lines. And if I’m not mistaken I bought my first Panerai from your good self many moons ago!

Yep I remember that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,230 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

3wayswitch wrote: »
    Long time lurker, first time poster in this thread. I have some far more expensive watches but I'm absolutely LOVING this Casio G-Shock GA-2100 (aka the Casioak). Just got a new bezel for it today to stealth it out a bit :)

https://i.imgur.com/6Ej19jg.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/csKmkZy.jpg

I have the same watch and that's pretty much exactly what I wanted to do with it. Where did you get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 shano76

tobdom wrote: »
    Arrived this morning with someone visiting home from NY, who I had it delivered to.... Hamilton Khaki Field automatic, 38mm (H70455733)

Very happy man!!

That's next on my hit list. Very nice!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Agreed, I'd rather try and find someone to service a modded Unitas than their in-house movement. I went for the 111 because it had the sandwich dial, display case back and second hand.
    Damn Eoin, now you've installed some Panerai want in me :(

You're welcome to try it on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 EasyG

Yis are a shower of enablers...
    That's a beauty. Goes well with the tan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭dakar

EasyG wrote: »
    That's a beauty. Goes well with the tan :)

Thank you, I’m delighted with it. The detail on the dial is lovely.

My skin has two natural colours, pasty Irishman and poached lobster. I’m very glad of factor 50!

Cienciano wrote: »
    I have the same watch and that's pretty much exactly what I wanted to do with it. Where did you get it?
    Pacparts have them and I would imagine that Casio UK could source them too.

https://www.pacparts.com/part.cfm?sku=91087260499

You can also of course just strip away the white ink on your existing bezel.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

Cienciano wrote: »

Teotwawki beat me to it, I got the bezel from Pacparts: https://www.pacparts.com/model.cfm?mfg=Casio&model_id=GA2100%2D1A1&row_start=1&src_model_id=GA-2100&action=list_part. The bezel is only $3.39, but with shipping it comes to around €20 all in. A worthwhile upgrade I think :)

Some people have had some success using nail polish remover to remove the white ink from the stock bevel, but other people have had difficulties removing it and I'd be worried it might cause a reaction with the bezel.

Eoin wrote: »
    Agreed, I'd rather try and find someone to service a modded Unitas than their in-house movement. I went for the 111 because it had the sandwich dial, display case back and second hand.

You're welcome to try it on?

111 is everything youd want in one IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,891 ✭✭✭✭unkel

111 is everything youd want in one IMO.

I did a tiny bit of reading up yesterday and contrary me already disagrees with you :p

I'd go for either a 100 or a 112. Simplicity is beauty. And what's the relevance anyway of a seconds hand on a mechanical watch that's by definition not very accurate? Not having it also means Panerai do not apply for the COSC cert, which should (and does) shave hundreds off the price of the watch. I think I would take the sandwich over the logo and go for the latter :D

That said, the 111 looks class, I grant you that!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I did a tiny bit of reading up yesterday and contrary me already disagrees with you :p

I'd go for either a 100 or a 112. Simplicity is beauty. And what's the relevance anyway of a seconds hand on a mechanical watch that's by definition not very accurate? Not having it also means Panerai do not apply for the COSC cert, which should (and does) shave hundreds off the price of the watch. I think I would take the sandwich over the logo and go for the latter :D

Yeah, I was thinking the same, but I just thought that getting a mechanical watch with no sweeping hand just felt weird. But totally understand liking the simplicity of a 2 hander. The sandwich dial is definitely worth it tho, it really adds some depth.

• Advertisement

i think you mean 000?

id go 112 over 000 for sandwich!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

I'm hungry now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Seiko Alpinist SARB017

504607.JPG

504594.JPG

504593.JPG

504603.JPG

504604.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

I love the Alpinist, and the original more than the newer models. Beaut.

If you ever fancy dressing it up, Strapcode do a model specific two tone bracelet that looks amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

OldBean wrote: »
    If you ever fancy dressing it up, Strapcode do a model specific two tone bracelet that looks amazing.

Yeah, seen the Long Island Watch video on YouTube. Strapcode were out of stock on the 2tones last time I checked. Well over €100 by the time you pay VAT etc.
    Think I will settle for an upgrade to a better leather strap.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

Coming up on 8 years with this now.
    It's my most worn watch.

49621297126_bbee02dfeb_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭pjdarcy

Lurching wrote: »
    Coming up on 8 years with this now.
    It's my most worn watch.

Ever been tempted to pull out the emergency yoke while drunk?? :D

pjdarcy wrote: »
    Ever been tempted to pull out the emergency yoke while drunk?? :D

Always!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭pjdarcy

Lurching wrote: »
    Always!

I don't know how true this is but I read somewhere that it's illegal to deploy it if it's not an emergency...but how else are you going to see an Apache helicopter gunship?? ;)

• Advertisement

pjdarcy wrote: »
    I don't know how true this is but I read somewhere that it's illegal to deploy it if it's not an emergency...but how else are you going to see an Apache helicopter gunship?? ;)

You can deactivate it if you do pull it (wrap the antenna around the watch).
    But if you do pull it - the watch is written off.

Breitling used to say that if it was pulled for a real emergency, they'd replace the watch. Not sure if it's still the case.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement