Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭Daemonic

unkel wrote: »
    Very grown up! I like the 24h one hand complication. Why doesn't it say Vostok on the dial anywhere though?
    Most of the Amfibia (as opposed to Amphibian) range omit Vostok from the dial design.
    They are kind of the 'expensive' Vostoks and definitely feel a little more luxurious. Even the stock strap is comfortable which is almost unheard of on a Vostok.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭fat bloke

banie01 wrote: »
    It seems to have been a day of deliveries!

My HKEd Bund V3 has finally arrived! :D
    I bloody love it, it's absolutely mint!
    Also came with a lovely 5 slot travel roll too, that was an unexpected bonus.

That's an absolutely gorgeous looking watch, for any money. Love it. - While I waited for Google to do it's thing I fully expected an asking of a couple of grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,490 ✭✭✭✭banie01

fat bloke wrote: »
    That's an absolutely gorgeous looking watch, for any money. Love it. - While I waited for Google to do it's thing I fully expected an asking of a couple of grand.

One of the users here (Thirdfox) put me onto HKed as I was looking for an affordable Bund homage.

I was in the pre-order group placed my order in November with expected delivery in late January.

Pre-order price was $430, delivery was slightly delayed but I'm going to hold Corona virus against Ed ;).

The strap, the watch case and finishing and the overall action of the movement are all far in excess of what I expected.

I'm happy to share any info I have, and indeed if there is a particular pic or angle anyone is after let me know and I'll try get it.

Honestly cannot see much else being on my wrist for the next few months.
    I smile every time I look at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Got this off Unkle, an original wave dial ETA Seamaster 300 professional. Think this is my favorite dive watch. I had the ceramic dial version...but somehow that was not as iconic. On a blue rubber strap just for variety, a good weekend watch/gym watch. Happy to have one again, and happy to have this version...the definitive version.

20200215-162634.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

banie01 wrote: »
    As you know from my drooling after your Heuer ;)
    It's been a grail of mine for quite a while.
    I've only had this for 2 hrs and it's already convinced me that should the opportunity ever come my way to pick one up for a reasonable price I'll definitely buy 1!

The watch wears an awful lot smaller than I expected it too aswell!
    Another thing you were right about ;)

I was browsing the Sinn website and see they have a similar watch now.

https://www.sinn.de/en/Modell/158.htm

My main reason for being there was to ogle the limited run of the 104

https://www.sinn.de/en/Modell/104_St_Sa_A_B_E.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Got this off Unkle, an original wave dial ETA Seamaster 300 professional. Think this is my favorite dive watch. I had the ceramic dial version...but somehow that was not as iconic. On a blue rubber strap just for variety, a good weekend watch/gym watch. Happy to have one again, and happy to have this version...the definitive version.

Well wear, mate, that is an absolute cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,841 ✭✭✭✭unkel

That rubber fits to perfection. I take it a genuine Omega one?

Well wear!

(now what will I get? :p)

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

Seiko Sunday anyone? First time posting in this particular thread, so thought I'd start with my favourite Seiko Kinetic. I can't for the life of me remember where I got it, so I don't have the exact model number (this SMY151P1 is the closest I can find) - I must dig out the original box.

503023.jpg

[Edit] Found it, it's an SMY153P1 I got from Creation Watches a couple of years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭micks_address

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,490 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Lads now I want a Seiko...
    Dammit!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Shure feck it. :D

503027.jpg

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

IMG-20200216-123722.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Grand so!

503031.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Ionised

I'll join in...

Seiko-Sunday.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭Ryath

May as well join in! My dressy watch only gets worn occasionally really should try and wear it more often. I do really like the textures dial and blued hands and numbers. Hard to get a shot of the blue effect without glare on the crystal.

503036.jpg

503037.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Seiko Sunday:pac:

503052.jpg

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Gorgeous looking pogue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

@blue5000: an absolute favourite, and a nice example.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Thanks, dial is starting to show it's age (1976) so looks a bit wabi under a loupe. It would be a sin to stick a new dial on IMHO. Great timekeeper and chrono works perfectly. I reckon the crown was replaced at some stage as the inner bezel doesn't rotate anymore.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

wVnB70S.jpg

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Seiko Sunday :)

Nk54F6M.jpg

Picture taken from recent trip to Sligo, stayed in The Glasshouse Hotel, view from the room was nice :)

yW3ULRW.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭893bet

Can’t play the Seiko game sadly.

[IMG][/img]BB640-BEC-0-F2-D-4-C96-9-D0-E-6294-DE2-D9216.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭porker36

im a day late :):)

503112.jpg

porker36 wrote: »
    im a day late :):)

I'm going to be even later, hopefully later this evening, watch this space :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Seiko Sunday

Picture taken from recent trip to Sligo, stayed in The Glasshouse Hotel, view from the room was nice :)
    ]

That's a gorgeous watch. And pan slightly to the left you will see my all time third favourite pub in the whole world!

That's a gorgeous watch. And pan slightly to the left you will see my all time third favourite pub in the whole world!

Connolys?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Connolys?

The one and only!

503165.jpg

Just picked it up. I've been silly enough to sell a Turtle before. Twice :o

Not going to make that mistake again. Not until the next time anyway.

• Advertisement

The one and only!

I drank a fair few Guinness there around 1999

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement