Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,622 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Monokne wrote: »
    I feel this is mischaracterising Brody's death.

The established facts not debated by anyone are:
    Invader asks Brody if he can have a word in the shower stall.
    They go into the shower stall.
    People hear Brody groaning almost immediately.
    Atlas opens the stall door and sees Brody lay on the floor bleeding begging for his wife.

Atlas is the sole person willing to go on record and goes into detail on it. Dutch Mantel verifies much of his story as well.

To claim there is a debate as to whether or not Brody was being aggressive first doesn't hold water. To believe that you'd have to think that Invader just happened to call him to speak in the one place where no-one could see them, with a big ****ing knife hidden on his person as a coincidence.

I've not seen the Brody episode because it's blocked in Ireland it seems. Anyway Tony atlas and savio vega are the only two that I've heard talk about it who were in the locker room when it happened. Dutch mantel wasn't there apparently(he was somewhere between the locker room and the ring I think) so he can't have heard the incident or the immediate aftermath. Also, there was heat between brody and invader but what exactly it was about I don't remember it if I've heard it, or if it's ever been said. I don't think Brody was hard to work with but Luger freaked out during a cage match because Brody wasn't selling anything he did. Why I don't know.

Russo and Cornette both claim to be responsible for suggesting the spot. Triple H was the one who suggested the screwjob.

Cornette said it almost in jest not thinking it was what they'd go with.

Cornette said it because neither Bret or Shawn were willing to lose and survivor series was soon. Cornette said something like vince it's your belt just take it, or vince double cross him. I mean that's not news that cornette said something along those lines to vince McMahon. Also, cornette has said on record that he asked vince did he have a finish for the title match, and vince said yes and cornette said good and that was that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Monokne wrote:
    To claim there is a debate as to whether or not Brody was being aggressive first doesn't hold water. To believe that you'd have to think that Invader just happened to call him to speak in the one place where no-one could see them, with a big ****ing knife hidden on his person as a coincidence.

The problem is there are no witnesses who saw the crime but the guy who did it.
    It would be tough to prove that it was unprovoked when Brody had been known to take liberties with the killer in the past.
    I think that would have been used against him if there ever was an actual real trial & Invader would claim he had the knife as he was scared to be alone with him but needed to talk business.
    Brody was known for not playing nice with promoters too, something Stan Hansen had warned him about him doing in Puerto Rico.
    I love Dutch but he was in another locker room & when you could see Atlas and Abdullah who are both his friends couldn't even agree on what happened the next day it wouldn't help his case either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

To clarify, I am not suggesting that Invader may not have had plausible deniability and could have told the story that it was self defence - patently that is what he did - rather, just that there is no evidence whatsoever that would suggest to anyone impartial that what happened was anything other than murder.

So you are correct to say it would be tough to prove it was unprovoked.

I can't remember who said it in the documentary, but essentially what happened appears to have been the Puerto Rican authorities taking Brody's gimmick too seriously and thus buying the self defence line. Either that, or just flat out corruption.

Just watched the Montreal one. Have always felt the in depth detail on this story is integral, so without that it loses something. However, you can't expect this kind of show to get that deep and for what it was, I think it was well done. I'm not the first to say it, but the whole thing looks so silly viewed through 2019 eyes. Equally, I remember vividly the emotion & passion the whole thing caused at the time.

Of all the responses that fota wildlife park expected to get to a tweet asking for names to four new lion cubs, I bet they didn't expect to see WWE HOFer kurt angle reply with suggestions from his daughter. I saw the tweet because someone I follow liked it last night. I decided to see what people had suggested and there is Kurts reply right there. Someone asked him if they pick his suggestions would he come over to cork for the naming and he said yes. Fair play to whoever was running the fota wildlife park twitter account, they didn't sell it being kurt angle that much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,547 ✭✭✭Floppybits

I see Luke Harper requested a release from the WWE and it was granted.

His statement is here.

https://twitter.com/LukeHarperWWE/status/1118246927999676416?s=19

Has it been granted?

From what I'd read he had requested it, heard nothing back yet, and went public to force their hand. Have they confirmed it now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Has it been granted?

From what I'd read he had requested it, heard nothing back yet, and went public to force their hand. Have they confirmed it now?

Not as far as I know either

• Registered Users Posts: 28,855 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

He hasn't been moved to the alumni section of wwe.com yet anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Really like his in ring work. Hopefully he does well for himself outside the wwe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Could it be Punk?

https://twitter.com/BensonRichardE/status/1119738101751066624?s=19

Edit

Same arena... Same clothes!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭ThePott

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Could it be Punk?

The promoter showed up on Reddit and said that it is Punk, it was a once off not an angle. Pretty cool though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Riddle101

ThePott wrote: »
    The promoter showed up on Reddit and said that it is Punk, it was a once off not an angle. Pretty cool though.

Saw that myself but I'm still suspicious. What's the point of the mask if the promoter was going to reveal it was Punk anyway? and if it's a once off thing than what does this stunt accomplish? Unless Punk is making a return to wrestling it just seems silly to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Well if it wasn’t it’d be fairly handy for CM Punk to come out on Twitter today and say so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭ThePott

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Saw that myself but I'm still suspicious. What's the point of the mask if the promoter was going to reveal it was Punk anyway? and if it's a once off thing than what does this stunt accomplish? Unless Punk is making a return to wrestling it just seems silly to me.

Fans had pieced it together already, I saw a guy point out that Punk had liked this tweet before this story took off and more or less broke it down.
    For what it's worth also Robbie Fox of Barstool Sports, who's normally pretty reliable said this isn't the first time it's happened; "It doesn't happen on a regular basis, but it's happened like 3 or 4 times since 2015, I believe. Some of it was filmed for Wrestling Road Diaries 3 but I believe Colt/Punk had their fallout before that was released and it got cut."

He probably wouldn't have revealed it was Punk if people hadn't figured it out. Punk loves attention so why not, I believe he also knows some people involved, in fact I think someone who trained him was on the show. Apparently it was a show to celebrate this venue that's been there a long time and they wanted some old legends and that kinda thing so it could work that way and he has said for a long time that if he was to return it would be him and some buddies and he'd wrestle in a ninja outfit so it's not totally out of nowhere.

Is it him? Who knows? I reckon it is but the internet being the internet will probably look into it too much for meaning, right now it's nothing more than a weird footnote on his career.

goldust has asked for and been given his release from WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,342 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Itssoeasy wrote: »

No surprise as he is AEW bound

• Registered Users Posts: 37,903 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Who would of thought the goldust character would still be relevant in 2019 after starting out all those years ago. Never a major fan of him but he had one hell of a wwf/wwe career even If he was never a main event player and didnt hold many titles. He was really ****ed up when he started his career

Anyway best of luck too him

ThePott wrote: »
    Fans had pieced it together already, I saw a guy point out that Punk had liked this tweet before this story took off and more or less broke it down.
    For what it's worth also Robbie Fox of Barstool Sports, who's normally pretty reliable said this isn't the first time it's happened; "It doesn't happen on a regular basis, but it's happened like 3 or 4 times since 2015, I believe. Some of it was filmed for Wrestling Road Diaries 3 but I believe Colt/Punk had their fallout before that was released and it got cut."

He probably wouldn't have revealed it was Punk if people hadn't figured it out. Punk loves attention so why not, I believe he also knows some people involved, in fact I think someone who trained him was on the show. Apparently it was a show to celebrate this venue that's been there a long time and they wanted some old legends and that kinda thing so it could work that way and he has said for a long time that if he was to return it would be him and some buddies and he'd wrestle in a ninja outfit so it's not totally out of nowhere.

Is it him? Who knows? I reckon it is but the internet being the internet will probably look into it too much for meaning, right now it's nothing more than a weird footnote on his career.

Yeah it looks like it was Punk after all. I suppose my skepticism is more bewilderment tbh. The idea of CM Punk taking part in a wrestling event wearing a mask, but there's no story involved and Punk didn't even unmask after. So it doesn't event amount to much. Just feels cheap to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Could it be?

Alvarez reckons the Viking Experience name has been changed to Viking Raiders. Much better

• Advertisement

Could it be?

Alvarez reckons the Viking Experience name has been changed to Viking Raiders. Much better

It's changed on wwe.com already as well.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Who would of thought the goldust character would still be relevant in 2019 after starting out all those years ago. Never a major fan of him but he had one hell of a wwf/wwe career even If he was never a main event player and didnt hold many titles. He was really ****ed up when he started his career

Anyway best of luck too him

The Goldust character hasn't been relevant in years and years. That's why he's left, I'd assume.

When he went heel on R Truth he cut some good promos, but he was still treated like a bottom of the card jobber.

Could it be?

Makes you wonder why they didn't think of Viking Raiders before? What sort of a name is Viking Experience? Sounds like a tourist attraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,526 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Makes you wonder why they didn't think of Viking Raiders before? What sort of a name is Viking Experience? Sounds like a tourist attraction.

The drive this when they're not on TV

image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,855 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ronda posted an update on her injury and possible WWE status

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCCFm2l-a4Y

In short, she got 2 pins in her pinky knuckle. Cast is off in 4 weeks, but don't expect her back anytime soon as they plan on going on "impregnation vacation" and after being successful she will see how she feels after giving birth

In other news it appears that Sasha banks is content to sit at home for the remainder of her current WWE contract according the Dave Meltzer. If that’s true then fine let her sit at home and just collect her downside guarantee and whatever merchandise money she’d get.

If she’s unhappy then don’t have her on the road and TV and WWE are under no obligation to let her out of the contract like they did for Neville and May add time like they did to mysterio I think when he was out injured.

I mean does Sasha think she’s the only wrestler who believed they were getting a title run or whatever it is and it didn’t turn out as promised(or assumed) ? No of course she isn’t so this sulk she seems to be having over things not going how she believed they should is on her. And this heat between her and Alexa is ****ing childish on both of them. I will
    Say that at least Alexa seems able to pretend things are okay and seems to be always nice to fans and that, and has said she isn’t the best wrestler and wasn’t sure she’d make it. Sasha is one of the only women wrestlers in WWE who I consistently see as fans having bad experiences with.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

She's been regularly calling fans marks on her Twitter during all this drama so while I don't think it's a work and there is some disagreement, I think it'll be resolved at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

J. Marston wrote:
    She's been regularly calling fans marks on her Twitter during all this drama so while I don't think it's a work and there is some disagreement, I think it'll be resolved at some point.

A lot of wrestlers complaining about fans on Twitter lately. :rolleyes:
    Probably should be begging fans to tune back in to watching the shows as looking at the Raw ratings it's getting to the stage where they have to address the 25% drop on ratings from this time last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,364 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Conrad has said Vince personally got involved and pulled Taker and Kurt from Starrcast.

He is just so petty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

For all her talk about Eddie Guerrero being a big inspiration to her, Sasha could do with taking a leaf out of his book when it comes to how she treats her fans. Was lucky enough to meet Eddie in Belfast not too long before he died and he was a pure gent to everyone. Class act. Seems if there isn’t a WWE camera there to film it, Banks is a complete gowlbag to fans

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement