Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The fandom of a small subset of wrestling fans is weird, the dozens of fake accounts or accounts dedicated to people.
    Happens celebs too but I find the wrestling ones a bit creepy as it could be literally anyone on television rather than just the bigger names. I imagine the women have a lot higher number of these accounts too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

https://twitter.com/LukeHarperWWE/status/1118246927999676416

Luke Harper has requested his release.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Harper requested his release terriblely underused over the years should have been added to that dreadful bray/orton match at mania few years ago will make a killing on the indies,japan or aew

https://twitter.com/lukeharperwwe/status/1118246927999676416?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 23,123 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

AEW have a very noticeable lack of big guys. Could have a role there.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,428 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Honestly the WWE could do with releasing 20/30 of it's roster instead of hoarding wrestlers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,005 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

sky88 wrote: »
    Harper requested his release terriblely underused over the years should have been added to that dreadful bray/orton match at mania few years ago will make a killing on the indies,japan or aew

https://twitter.com/lukeharperwwe/status/1118246927999676416?s=21

Some guys are made to be part of tag teams/stables and not strong enough to go alone and Haper was one of them imo. Hes a great wrestler but didnt have that x factor about him.

He could make a decent living outside the wwe and maybe one day return in some capacity

Maybe he just wants a shave.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Or Harper could make a decent enough living outside WWE, and feel like he may not want to go back there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Honestly the WWE could do with releasing 20/30 of it's roster instead of hoarding wrestlers.

And yet we get the same old tired match up every week, the mind boggles! Huge roster, no effort to include them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Agreed.

That's why several people have been looking for releases.

There is nothing to fear on the outside. Wrestling outside WWE is healthier than it has been in 18 years. Talent like Revival, Sasha, Harper etc who view themselves as better than utility players with bit part roles should back themselves on the open market.

Long term, it is also better for WWE and for the fans as these people who make themselves big stars on the outside will be fresh if/when they return, which most certainly would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

Didnt say that at all. The point is the character is very childlike which is aimed at veryveryvery young kids.
    Monokne wrote: »
    Hello 1985, how are you? :D

Men should be men eh?

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

Cheers for being a grown up. Not sure how that will help online, but your ability to produce a thought after thinking is saluted!

*that sounds sarcastic, but I genuinely mean it...
    nazmoalex wrote: »
    I'd liken it to lads who collect my little pony dolls, not kids, grown men. If people think that's natural well they are entitled to that opinion.
    Whatever their sexual tendency or preferences may be, it still comes off as creepy to me.
    Bailey is marketed towards young kids, boys or girls. Seeing lads in Bailey shirts wouldn't bother me, but I can get why it would seem strange to some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

People don’t just like wrestlers because they identify with their character or image. They can just think someone is a good wrestler and want to support them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Does anyone know how the new Dark Side of the Ring series are able to use WWE footage? Are WWE involved? Doesn't seem like something they would want to touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It's being reported by Screenrant (via Variety) that John Cena is in talks to join James Gunn's #SuicideSquad 2 in an undisclosed role .

https://buff.ly/2XkbSiq

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It's being reported by Screenrant (via Variety) that John Cena is in talks to join James Gunn's #SuicideSquad 2 in an undisclosed role .

https://buff.ly/2XkbSiq

My money is on Bane

• Registered Users Posts: 38,005 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

campo wrote: »
    My money is on Bane

Maybe Dr Freeze ???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭ThePott

Probably Peacekeeper, Batista was originally looked at for the role but he's now busy with Zack Snyder's Netflix Zombie film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Maybe Dr Freeze ???

Wouldn’t take much research either as Cena is already a Doctor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

sirmanga wrote: »
    Does anyone know how the new Dark Side of the Ring series are able to use WWE footage? Are WWE involved? Doesn't seem like something they would want to touch.

"Fair use is a provision of the Copyright Act that allows certain uses of copyrighted works, such as making and distributing copies of protected material, without permission. ... Typical early fair uses involved criticism, commentary, and uses in an educational or scholarly context."

It also depends on if the focal point of the documentary is the footage or if the footage is used as a transition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

leggo wrote: »
    People don’t just like wrestlers because they identify with their character or image. They can just think someone is a good wrestler and want to support them.

That's a really good point. When I think about, sure everyone was singing that hey Bailey song at one point, me included.

The Montreal Screwjob is this week's episode of Dark side of the Ring on Viceland and it's really good keeping up the standard of this series.

Cornette is really good in this week's episode.

Again it's free to view on there website and TV app.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

The Montreal Screwjob is this week's episode of Dark side of the Ring on Viceland and it's really good keeping up the standard of this series.

Cornette is really good in this week's episode.

Again it's free to view on there website and TV app.

Yeah it was interestingness and It’s free to watch on Vices site. So both Russo and cornette claim they came up With the idea to screw Bret?

On another note, what’s going on with Daniel Bryan? Some outlets and pods are speculating that he is injured and that those in the know are keeping g details under wraps

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/125792/wwe-injury-updates.html?p=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Yeah it was interestingness and It’s free to watch on Vices site. So both Russo and cornette claim they came up With the idea to screw Bret?

On another note, what’s going on with Daniel Bryan? Some outlets and pods are speculating that he is injured and that those in the know are keeping g details under wraps

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/125792/wwe-injury-updates.html?p=1

Haven't watched this but don't most people involved (including Trips himself) agree the idea originated from Triple H nowadays?

I might be completely wrong but that's what I've thought for a good while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

correction wrote: »
    Haven't watched this but don't most people involved (including Trips himself) agree the idea originated from Triple H nowadays?

Haven't seen the doc but Cornette said he mentioned it in jest in the past; but Vince did a similar thing to Wendi Richter so it wasn't a new thing. Nobody knows for sure though; its a bit like any account of Brody's death nobody knows if Brody was being aggressive from the start or if he was blind-sighted; or that there was/wasn't a meeting the next day.
    I never heard he was rumoured to be making early moves into a position of power in Puerto Rico.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭Riddle101

TimesArrow wrote: »
    correction wrote: »

I might be completely wrong but that's what I've thought for a good while now.

I've heard different accounts. The official story from WWE I believe is that it was Triple H who came up with the idea, but I've also heard Vince Russo was the one who came up with it so it's hard to say which story is true. Never heard that Jim Cornette came up with the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I thought the Cornette thing was out for ages think Bruce said it on something to wrestle and that trips said it too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Based on what Cornette has said, he might have suggested something but he was in the dark like most people. He didn't know specifics.

I believe he said when he floated the concept that Russo looked at him all cock eyed and hadn't a clue about what Jim was suggesting.

Russo and Cornette both claim to be responsible for suggesting the spot. Triple H was the one who suggested the screwjob.

Cornette said it almost in jest not thinking it was what they'd go with.

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    Haven't seen the doc but Cornette said he mentioned it in jest in the past; but Vince did a similar thing to Wendi Richter so it wasn't a new thing. Nobody knows for sure though; its a bit like any account of Brody's death nobody knows if Brody was being aggressive from the start or if he was blind-sighted; or that there was/wasn't a meeting the next day.
    I never heard he was rumoured to be making early moves into a position of power in Puerto Rico.

I feel this is mischaracterising Brody's death.

The established facts not debated by anyone are:
    Invader asks Brody if he can have a word in the shower stall.
    They go into the shower stall.
    People hear Brody groaning almost immediately.
    Atlas opens the stall door and sees Brody lay on the floor bleeding begging for his wife.

Atlas is the sole person willing to go on record and goes into detail on it. Dutch Mantel verifies much of his story as well.

To claim there is a debate as to whether or not Brody was being aggressive first doesn't hold water. To believe that you'd have to think that Invader just happened to call him to speak in the one place where no-one could see them, with a big ****ing knife hidden on his person as a coincidence.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement