Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Officer999

According to Ryan Satin;

Ambrose is seen walking by a dice graphic on the wall in his Jon Moxley return hype video. The numbers shown on the dice are 2 and 5. That is the date of Double or Nothing (May 25) in Las Vegas, NV

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

hes 100% gone from wwe see him as the kind of guy that wont sign exclusively for a company again. Never followed him on the indies will take a lot to not call him ambrose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Hopefully he ends up in AEW, he'd gotten pretty stale in WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

montyrebel wrote: »
    he isnt going anywhere imo, just a gimmick change, think i read somewhere that witht hem going to fox they can go more attitude era so this is the start of it

He's using his own name.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Monokne wrote: »
    He's using his own name.

Jon Good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Jon Good?

Johnny B Badd

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Jon Good?

Jon Moxley.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Monokne wrote: »

Oh my god, why are you acting like they're forced to do this?! This isn't illegal, social media activity is widely controlled within the public domain (even my own job has policies around it), and they have an option to not agree to this by not working for WWE.

You're getting worked with this stuff by believing that grown adults didn't happily agree to all of this. These aren't children plucked from their families and forced into labour. They're not victims, many of them are very wealthy individuals who were happy to accept all of this while it worked for them. Even when they sit out and sulk, they're paid to do so. I don't get paid in my job if I decide I don't want to work because I'm unhappy with how I'm being used.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

TimesArrow wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/jonmoxley/status/1123438186410205184?s=21

So Jon Moxley (aka Dean Ambrose) just posted this video.. what does it mean? Is this is sure sign he’s going to AEW?

Literally waited 5 minutes after his contract expired to go "**** retirement".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Dash Wilder's contract has been extended by 2 months, to cover the time he missed while hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,124 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Wonder if they keep making them look stupid on TV or just take them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,009 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

the farce continues

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/05/goldberg-653654/

The HBK return proved it was all about the $$$$

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

PTH2009 wrote:

I've said it before but DX vs the NWO will happen on one of these shows.
    Anyone not in a grave is eligible to work a match

• Registered Users Posts: 28,881 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I suppose wheeling all these old stars is appropriate for a country living in the past

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

ERG89 wrote: »
    I've said it before but DX vs the NWO will happen on one of these shows.
    Anyone not in a grave is eligible to work a match

With HHH getting the pin for DX :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

CastorTroy wrote:
    I suppose wheeling all these old stars is appropriate for a country living in the past

It's horrific but I got a strange kick out of them not knowing wrestlers they were requesting were dead. In some cases, like Yokozuna for nearly 2 decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

It's horrific but I got a strange kick out of them not knowing wrestlers they were requesting were dead. In some cases, like Yokozuna for nearly 2 decades.

They wanted The Ultimate Warrior too

Remember they brought in some random Sumo guy instead and those unknown random NXT guys who if I recall correctly have not been seen since

One thing about these events is there on a good time for us

I wonder will Europe get one of these shows. Be cool for Wembely or someone other UK stadium.

Vince is a crazy man just nuts

Like theres not seeing someone is star like we all do but this is just ridiculous reason

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/bjt0ab/won_details_about_luke_harpers_release_request/

although i do wonder if people just make up stories about vince cause of how insane he is and they all seem plausible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,124 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Looks like Lio Rush is joining Sasha, Harper and The Revival on the unhappy list. Story came out a few days ago about him supposedly having heat backstage and in the locker room. He did an interview with Fightful responding to those claims...
    https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/exclusives/exclusive-lio-rush-gives-fightful-his-side-wwe-heat-rumors

During an extended Twitter thread, Lio Rush responded to rumors of backstage heat and issues with co-workers. Over the past week, several stories have emerged detailing Rush's deteriorating reputation backstage. During that thread, he singled out Fightful -- who reached out both before and after the tweets.

"My issue has never been with Bobby (Lashley)," Lio told Fightful**.** "Being with Bobby has helped the both of us out tremendously. It’s given me speaking confidence I didn’t know i had. I never was a promo guy on the indies. But being with Bobby made me a promo guy. My issue isn’t with my on screen role. My issue is the fact that I haven’t been on meet & greets with Bobby, haven’t been getting paid for merchandise for us that has my catchphrases on them. (I) have been sent to live shows and TVs and forced to pay for my own rental for 5 days as well as hotel while not making enough money to do so. Walking around broke in the biggest sports entertainment industry that there is while having two kids and a wife to support."

A story from PWInsider had also been published this week, stating that Rush refused to "pay his dues" so to speak by providing water to veterans on a European tour, as is the case with many main roster rookies. Rush would address that as well.

"It’s not about race and it has never been, but public perception is important to me and when we have fans that travel all over the globe and watch us get off of buses and into hotels, the LOOK of a black kid carrying waters and bags for other wrestlers is just not a good look, especially when I’m trying to portray myself as a superstar as well," Rush told us.

On Saturday, Fightful revealed that there was a situation that garnered heat on Rush involving Finn Balor. Several Fightful sources stated that Balor let Lio Rush know that Vince McMahon and other management would probably look down on Rush's wife sitting in on rehearsals. Rush would somewhat deny that story, and instead blame someone else.

"Me and Finn are cool ,and my wife has never been an issue. There is someone who works for WWE who has hated me since the day I’ve worked for ROH and now that they work for WWE they’re leaking false information to get me released. At a certain point, I have to defend myself so that’s what I decided to do. We’re all human, and we’re all grown ass adults. The kind of **** the flies backstage is ridiculous and I’m surprised more people aren’t speaking up," Rush said.

As far as Lio's disappointment with how wrestling media covered the story, he opened up about that, and the way that he'd like to see things handled.

"These sheets should spread positive messages to the world but they only want to spread false, negative reports to damage someone else's career. What’s wrong with spreading truth? Thank you for reaching out to me, and I appreciate you for doing that. I honestly do. I’ve never been about the BS or politics or anything else rather than showing up to work, doing my job and providing for my family. I grew up in the worst parts of DC, and certain things that I was taught will always stick with me and why I’ve gotten to where I am now in life. I realize that people will talk regardless of how much positivity you try and push out into the world," Rush closed.

Weird seeing a current WWE wrestler being that open and blunt with backstage issues. The most you often get is ambiguous tweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Fair play to Rush, he's put them on the spot and will be interesting to see how they react. Wonder who he was referring to.

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/report-daniel-bryan-is-medically-cleared

possibly will be added too the MITB WWE title match ??

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

PTH2009 wrote: »
    https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/report-daniel-bryan-is-medically-cleared

possibly will be added too the MITB WWE title match ??

Great news. Wonder what they’ll do with him long term. I’m guessing feuds with Roman/Balor are on the cards before they slowly turn him face again

• Registered Users Posts: 60,430 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Last of the Von Erichs episode on the Dark Side of the Ring this week.

Such a tragic story.

Kevin Von Erich must be one of the bravest men going.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,677 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Does the Von Erich episode tell us anything new than what’s already out there. I don’t know how he gets out of bed in the morning. I mean all your brothers are dead tragically. Also I think it’s Kevin’s sons that are wrestlers. I don’t know why any of the Von Erich sons and daughters of the sons got into the business of pro wrestling considering what it did to their family.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,430 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

No there isn’t anything new in it that we wouldn’t already know.

It is just a powerful story.

One line say it all. I was a bother to 5 now I’m not a brother at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,677 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Do they show the press conference with poor mike Von Erich suffering from toxic shock ? I've only seen it once but it was one of most uncomfortable thing in wrestling I've ever seen in wrestling. He sounded ****ed and didn't look much betrer.

Btw from 1982 to 1988 the world class TV is on the WWE network with only a few Random episodes missing. It's great to have that much online to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

What else do you think any of the wrestling we see is about?

You think that if HBK wasnt offered so much money he would work for free? On this side of the barricade it is a romantic notion of a love of the sport, but in reality is about money. All of it! Professional sports is about money not dreams or big leather belts with brass on them
    PTH2009 wrote: »
    the farce continues

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/05/goldberg-653654/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement