Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,927 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

At least Sami says it all on tv. :)

If Sasha does come back and they still insist on making her a face, that'll be a complete joke. I'm trying to remember has she been heel at all since moving up from NXT?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,141 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Any stories of her being pissy with fans?

I've seen that famous picture of her at an airport with a fan (that Big E made a pair of socks from!) but if I'm jetlagged and getting off a plane the last thing I want is fans in my face, so I can understand that to a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I will
    Say that at least Alexa seems able to pretend things are okay and seems to be always nice to fans and that, and has said she isn’t the best wrestler and wasn’t sure she’d make it. Sasha is one of the only women wrestlers in WWE who I consistently see as fans having bad experiences with.

Alexa is a well oiled PR machine so playing nice isn't too much of a challenge for her. Plus what makes it easier for Bliss is that she's getting everything she wants from WWE right now, from presenting to starring on reality TV, so there's no reason for her to jeopardize that.

It's not hard to guess what motivates Banks on the other hand and she's getting none of that right now from WWE. There's no reason for her to play ball or play nice so why should she? Fair play to her for making a stand tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

I've huge empathy for Banks, Harper, Neville...any of those who've fought to get out.

The way WWE treats talent is deplorable. If Banks wants out, she's held to her contract, as though her word should be her bond and that is that. Meanwhile, what happens if the roles are reversed and WWE wants her gone? They just get rid of her. You can rightly point to the fact that all of these talent signed these deals of their own free will and that is true, but up until very recently WWE was the only place for any of these people - especially women - to make a good living so they sign under whatever terms they are offered.

It's not as though WWE is not aware they are the bad guy here either - George Barrios was asked on a conference call last year whether the company would release people who wanted to go and said "We're not going to hold anyone against their will". Oh yeah? Neville wants to know where that year of his career went.

If you or I want to leave our jobs because we are unhappy in the role we are in, that's fair enough right? If a WWE wrestler wants to leave their job because they are unhappy in the role they are in, it's the same thing. It doesn't make them spoilt or a problem child.

For many of the performers in the industry today - Omega & Bryan come to mind, but so does Banks - this is a passion and an art as much as a means to make money. Banks passion is not being fulfilled. She's stuck in meaningless go nowhere programs, rarely gets to have long matches and between 2017, 18 & 19 has had a grand total of 3 singles matches on Pay Per View, only ever being included in the multi person matches or battle royals. She is way more talented than that and wants to go somewhere she feels she'll be given a fair shake. At the end of the day, she was always doomed to failure. Vince has one type he likes to push - blonde, fake t*ts (Charlotte, Lacey, Carmella, Peyton, hell they even tried with Dana Brooke at first) and she doesn't fit it. Anyone else he has to be dragged kicking and screaming into focusing on.

I hope she gets out, and Harper too. Life is too short to be unhappy 5 days a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

while i feel that they should absolutely just let her leave if she wants as its just not right to keep unhappy people there. I can see why there trying everything to keep her as it be a huge get for AEW as she is probaley a bigger name than most of the company mainstream wise other than jericho but that doesnt change the fact just let her go hate to see anyone lose out on their career like neville did.

although i will say if she really wants to go just go on twitter and tell the world there forcing you to stay hell john oliver would jump all over this after his story

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

sky88 wrote: »
    while i feel that they should absolutely just let her leave if she wants as its just not right to keep unhappy people there. I can see why there trying everything to keep her as it be a huge get for AEW as she is probaley a bigger name than most of the company mainstream wise other than jericho

Sasha Banks means absolutely nothing to people outside the wrestling bubble. She would not draw anyone new to AEW, especially seen as she would have to have a new name.

The only people who will be watching AEW are the people who are currently watching WWE. So they will be watching anyway, regardless of Sasha Banks.
    WWE fans are the only wrestling fans left.

And why would you want Sasha Banks in your company if you were AEW? Someone who throws a strop because she has to drop a worthless tag belt. The woman should feel blessed that she got on the main card at Mania in the first place. Never have I seen such an overrated spoofer in all my time watching wrestling. And that includes Mr. Kennedy.

sirmanga wrote: »
    Sasha Banks means absolutely nothing to people outside the wrestling bubble. She would not draw anyone new to AEW, especially seen as she would have to have a new name.

The only people who will be watching AEW are the people who are currently watching WWE. So they will be watching anyway, regardless of Sasha Banks.

And why would you want Sasha Banks in your company if you were AEW? Someone who throws a strop because she has to drop a worthless tag belt. The woman should feel blessed that she got on the main card at Mania in the first place. Never have I seen such an overrated spoofer in all my time watching wrestling. And that includes Mr. Kennedy.

i really think your underestimating what sasha and the other 4 horsewoman mean to a lot of fans. I still think there is a causal fanbase obviously not huge.

I think the fanbase that watches just wwe would be attracted to AEW if she or others they know go. youd be suprised at how many total divas watchers who actually i know have actually taken an interest in wrestling.

Why wouldn't you? Poaching one of the 4HW from WWE would be a giant move for AEW. She's talented and has name value (even if you don't want to admit it). Look at their current women's roster, a who's who of "Who?" They have 12 women, 2 of them don't even have wiki pages.

After Jericho, Sasha would instantly be the most high profile name in the company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

J. Marston wrote: »
    Why wouldn't you? Poaching one of the 4HW from WWE would be a giant move for AEW. She's talented and has name value (even if you don't want to admit it). Look at their current women's roster, a who's who of "Who?" They have 12 women, 2 of them don't even have wiki pages.

After Jericho, Sasha would instantly be the most high profile name in the company.

I think the previous point was ment to read as “she won’t be Sasha” tho. Sasha will die. She will have to go back to Mercedes or something

Dustin is far more well known to casuals than Sasha.
    And Sasha Banks wouldn't even be called Sasha Banks in AEW.
    Nobody outside of us current fans know or care about the 4 Horsewomen. They've never even been an on air faction, so only the hard-core fans know about them anyway.
    It wouldnt make a blind bit of difference in terms of attracting eyeballs.

And if you explain it to someone who doesn't know who the Horsewomen are, they will probably think AEW is getting the worst or second worst Horsewoman when they see what big stars Charlotte and Becky are, and it will just solidify in their minds that WWE is the big leagues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I think you could say that for nearly every wrestler in WWE now. I doubt anyone outside the "wrestling bubble" has a clue who Kofi Kingston or Seth Rollins are; Becky Lynch might be known for annoying Rousey on twitter but unless you did something outside wrestling like Batista, Lesnar or Rousey thee general public doesn't really care about wrestlers

ERG89 wrote: »
    I think you could say that for nearly every wrestler in WWE now. I doubt anyone outside the "wrestling bubble" has a clue who Kofi Kingston or Seth Rollins are; Becky Lynch might be known for annoying Rousey on twitter but unless you did something outside wrestling like Batista, Lesnar or Rousey thee general public doesn't really care about wrestlers

What's more, Sasha is becoming increasingly less relevant to people inside the wrestling bubble. So what chance does she have of attracting an audience to a new promotion?

Sasha isn't in that boat alone. Braun and others have been devalued. But at least they're not throwing their toys out of the pram and going home in a huff.

WWE should just sack her. They washed their hands of Stone Cold when he "took his ball and went home."
    But of course, Stone Cold was a real star, unlike Sasha, who is a huge star in her mind only.
    WWE don't even care enough about Sasha to give her the respect of a release or a public burial. That certainly tells you a lot.

Dustin is far more well known to casuals than Sasha.
    And Sasha Banks wouldn't even be called Sasha Banks in AEW.

Nobody outside of us current fans know or care about the 4 Horsewomen. They've never even been an on air faction, so only the hard-core fans know about them anyway.
    It wouldnt make a blind bit of difference in terms of attracting eyeballs.

And if you explain it to someone who doesn't know who the Horsewomen are, they will probably think AEW is getting the worst or second worst Horsewoman when they see what big stars Charlotte and Becky are, and it will just solidify in their minds that WWE is the big leagues.

Dustin wont be going as Goldust which hes known by casuals

sky88 wrote: »
    Dustin wont be going as Goldust which hes known by casuals

Even as Dustin/ Dustin Rhodes/ Runnels he's instantly more recognisable than Sasha Banks or whatever her name would be in AEW.

Same with Cody. He's far more well known than Sasha.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I think the previous point was ment to read as “she won’t be Sasha” tho. Sasha will die. She will have to go back to Mercedes or something

Throw her mug up in promotional material online and I don't think it matters what they call her. In a women's roster where it looks like Allie is the most well known to casuals outside of Japan, it's hard to argue Sasha wouldn't be a big get for them.

Whether they want her and the alleged baggage is another thing.

https://twitter.com/StarrcastEvents/status/1121043681027534850?s=19

Not a bad name to get. No point wasting money on guys who will pull out if asked to.
    Not getting to see Kobashi & Misawa in the UK was a real regret of mine

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Sasha drives me up the wall, not a fan since Nxt and maybe the 1st 6 months of her Wwe run.
    I think she has one thing going for her and that's being related to Snoop Dogg, not that I have much of an interest in him either these days, but there certainly would be potential to work with him or off the back of that in AEW.
    That's crossover potential right there, assuming Snoop would be willing to get involved again.
    Personally I think the incident with Paige, no matter what people say about how Paige herself sees it, have left a sour feeling with both the fans and the WWE themselves.
    Correct me if I am wrong here, but didn't Sasha burn a lot of bridges by reacting to the hate she received over that incident in an agresive manor?

nazmoalex wrote: »
    Sasha drives me up the wall, not a fan since Nxt and maybe the 1st 6 months of her Wwe run.
    I think she has one thing going for her and that's being related to Snoop Dogg, not that I have much of an interest in him either these days, but there certainly would be potential to work with him or off the back of that in AEW.
    That's crossover potential right there, assuming Snoop would be willing to get involved again.
    Personally I think the incident with Paige, no matter what people say about how Paige herself sees it, have left a sour feeling with both the fans and the WWE themselves.
    Correct me if I am wrong here, but didn't Sasha burn a lot of bridges by reacting to the hate she received over that incident in an agresive manor?
    Never read anything about that but I think she's entitled to tell random people to feck off over it.

The only person whose opinion holds weight on that incident should be Paige and she cleared her of any blame and said Sasha was inconsolable after it happened. Not sure what more people would want from her after a shítty situation like that.

https://twitter.com/HeyHeyItsConrad/status/1121112358234021889?s=19

This is very clever. Bret likely doesn't give a f**k about this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Never read anything about that but I think she's entitled to tell random people to feck off over it.

The only person whose opinion holds weight on that incident should be Paige and she cleared her of any blame and said Sasha was inconsolable after it happened. Not sure what more people would want from her after a shy situation like that.

Out of the loop here, what happened?

• Advertisement

Out of the loop here, what happened?

The incident that ended Paige's career at a house show. It was a Sasha dropkick in the back...

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

I totally agree, Paige's opinion is the only one that should matter to Sasha or anyone else.
    Sasha would be right to handle any hate however she sees fit.
    I mentioned it because I think her supposed hate towards the fans seemed to, at least to me, start to come into focus more around then.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,691 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

To be fair to Sasha in regards to the Paige injury from what Paige was told that it was going to happen at some point, and unfortunately it was Sasha it happened to. It could have happened to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭ThePott

Yeah if that's all it took for Paige to get a career ending injury she probably she shouldn't have been in the ring to begin with.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Is anyone else worried that the lack of information on Bryan’s injury is implying it’s a concussion and we might have seen the last of Bryan again in the ring?

Loughc wrote: »
    Is anyone else worried that the lack of information on Bryan’s injury is implying it’s a concussion and we might have seen the last of Bryan again in the ring?

Thought the same.
    He hasn't really changed the way he works, at least to a degree that would be warranted by his prior injuries, since his in ring comeback.

A few times in the Kofi match he was downright reckless with his own body, particularly his head. If he's injured and barred from competing again, he can't be whining about WWE and doctors this time. He should be working smarter.

Thought the same.
    He hasn't really changed the way he works, at least to a degree that would be warranted by his prior injuries, since his in ring comeback.

A few times in the Kofi match he was downright reckless with his own body, particularly his head. If he's injured and barred from competing again, he can't be whining about WWE and doctors this time. He should be working smarter.

Ah he's definitely changed the way he works. Subtle things like when he's doing the running dropkicks in the corner; he used to let his shoulders take the fall but he's actually using his hands now to break the drop.

What kinda gives me hope is Brie seems to be just doing normal stuff on social media at the beach with Nikki and stuff and if it was concussion stuff she’d be with Bryan.

Yes it’s a stretch but just trying to look on the bright side as I’d hate anything to have happened him

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

WWE have not only rejected Luke Harper's request for a release, but actually added months on to his contract.

Per WON:

Right now the WWE side of things regarding Luke Harper is that he is not going to be released and they’ve added six months to his contract because they’ve said that his contract term that was to end in November, has been added to because it was frozen due to his time off for wrist surgery. So their viewpoint is that he can’t leave until just before next year’s WrestleMania. From an outside perspective, this seems to be a way to dissuade people from going public and saying they’re unhappy. The flip side was Dustin Runnels, who has been out for months with double knee surgery, but because he never said a word, denied he was leaving when rumors came out, was given a release and was able to immediately walk into a good position with AEW .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Lord TSC wrote: »
    WWE have not only rejected Luke Harper's request for a release, but actually added months on to his contract.

Per WON:

Right now the WWE side of things regarding Luke Harper is that he is not going to be released and they’ve added six months to his contract because they’ve said that his contract term that was to end in November, has been added to because it was frozen due to his time off for wrist surgery. So their viewpoint is that he can’t leave until just before next year’s WrestleMania. From an outside perspective, this seems to be a way to dissuade people from going public and saying they’re unhappy. The flip side was Dustin Runnels, who has been out for months with double knee surgery, but because he never said a word, denied he was leaving when rumors came out, was given a release and was able to immediately walk into a good position with AEW .

Good oul petty WWE strikes again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement