Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

That's wrestling though. You can only have one champion/set of champions at a time. It's like any job, basically. Sometimes you get tasks/projects that you're passionate about, sometimes you're doing grunt work. If you want change, it's on you to make it happen, not your employer. Their job will always be about looking at the big picture and who to put where in order to achieve their short/long-term goals.

I mean, I can empathise with the frustration, but it'd still be an absolutely insane move for them to leave over it. For all they know they could get the belts back next month and do all of that anyway. They've more than enough reason to see that WWE value them and their prospects can be high if they take a step back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

I agree, but I also recognise that some of the best talent in the history of this industry were minded that way in which they viewed the 'art' of their wrestling as equally or more valuable than the fiscal rewards or the fame.

When Austin prodded Ambrose about his creative on his WWE network podcast, Ambrose responded curtly "it's Vince's sandbox" and he's damn right. Vince is going to present wrestling as he sees fit. Clearly he views women with a certain look and what he perceives to be mainstream appeal like Evans, Charlotte, Bliss as more marketable and of higher worth than these two. Can very much understand the notion that they see this and think it might be worth while starting fresh elsewhere, particularly at a time when Tony Khan appears to be spending a lot of money, and they must both know that they'd be able to come back in the future given the level of stardom they've achieved in WWE.

Whether they end up a dead flush like Adam Rose, a reasonable success like PJ Black, improving their situation like Juice Robinson or outright making themselves a huge star like Cody is to be determined.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The Vice series that's currently on vice about wrestling is surprisingly good. The Macho man/ Liz episode is good and Hogan's Ex wife linda comes across well in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The Vice series that's currently on vice about wrestling is surprisingly good. The Macho man/ Liz episode is good and Hogan's Ex wife linda comes across well in it.

Enjoyed the Bruiser Brody one. Very well made.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,417 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So Sasha Banks has unfollowed WWE on social media and started following AEW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Fingers crossed AEW takes off big league. Unlikely but possible if a few stars jump ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Shes been following AEW for months but the not following wwe is new

its so petty and i love it

meltzer response is telling with his unoffical communication officer role for AEW hes taken up i think if there was a real possibility of it happening hed be more vague in his response. Could be a neville situation i hope not as its a waste of a year of who career

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1117553333806354434

Sasha with an update

https://twitter.com/SashaBanksWWE/status/1117805269097041922

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Honestly if Sasha banks left WWE I wouldn't be arsed really. There are other wrestlers both male and female in WWE that I'd have more of a reaction to them leaving, but Sasha isn't one of them. I don't get anything about her or her character on the main roster. It clear vince doesn't see much in her or she'd have had more than a hiccup with the raw women's title and I worry any time I see her wrestle that she's going to get hurt.

The whole Eddie guerrero thing I find strange. She makes it our like she's the only wrestler who was ever influenced by Eddie. She isn't the only one.

Edit: also if every wrestler in WWE wasn't happy with how they are being used then it'd be a fairly small roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The Nal wrote: »
    Fingers crossed AEW takes off big league. Unlikely but possible if a few stars jump ship.

Wrestlers won't jump ship as they don't back themselves to succeed elsewhere. They'd rather stay in WWE & try convince themselves they are adding something to the company. They'll moan, often on twitter but then deny that's what they were doing when it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Pff, all the sca' is over now. Boring.

I swear most of the time the backstage or alleged backstage stuff is far more interesting than the on-screen stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

J. Marston wrote: »
    Pff, all the sca' is over now. Boring.

I swear most of the time the backstage or alleged backstage stuff is far more interesting than the on-screen stuff.

well half of it is as made up as the storylines

Nakamura reportedly signing a contract extension.

Sad to see him not used better but can't blame him for signing on for a few more years on good money and able to phone it in everynight for that money.

Nakamura reportedly signing a contract extension.

Sad to see him not used better but can't blame him for signing on for a few more years on good money and able to phone it in everynight for that money.

Glad he gets to do it in WWE as I don't want to see him back in New Japan anymore. I can stomach lads phoning it in for WWE as I'm so used to seeing it being done now it's just like watching 90's WCW with amazing talent that mostly aren't bothered/driven/arsed.

Nakamura has been a massive disappointment, in my opinion.

Had one properly great match on the main roster with Cena. The AJ feud, for a supposedly dream feud, was a wet fart built around ball shots and the matches were dull. One of the most forgettable US title reigns ever.

I see a lot of people praising him for phoning it in. As a fan, I don't get it. Don't you want to be entertained? Having a guy clearly not arsed is annoying to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Same as with Balor at the Rumble, a properly presented Nakamura will probably be treated well for a period and be a threat to one of the champions but little will come of it long term

Poor booking can almost always be overcome, in time a face turn and the proper booking moves will have Shinsuke back to how over to was heading into WM34 and upon his early NXT days

He'll have a world title run at some stage I'd imagine, and maybe even a few better matches before his time is up

Has anyone had a larger fall from grace though to go from the first Rumble winner fans were pleased with in years to an overthought in a multiman tag title match at Mania, some change in 14 odd months

Has anyone had a larger fall from grace though to go from the first Rumble winner fans were pleased with in years to an overthought in a multiman tag title match at Mania, some change in 14 odd months

The winner that murdered his family is a tad bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

The winner that murdered his family is a tad bigger.

Well I mean....yeah.....

How fast did Sheamus manage it? :pac:

ERG89 wrote: »
    Wrestlers won't jump ship as they don't back themselves to succeed elsewhere. They'd rather stay in WWE & try convince themselves they are adding something to the company. They'll moan, often on twitter but then deny that's what they were doing when it was.

What did Cody do? Juice Robinson? Dillinger? PJ Black? Jericho? Hideo Itami?

The Revival and Sasha have also looked to get out.

This point would look a lot better 5 years ago than now.

When this type of thing happens, I start to ponder if a shoot has become a work.

• Advertisement

Ronda hinting on Instagram that she is pregnant.

I think she's saying they're trying to get pregnant on the vacation as opposed to that she is.

Bayley just tweeted #superstarshakeup with this pic:

D4OqZYEVUAAAa8e.jpg

So maybe all is right in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

We've all been played like fiddles me thinks.

I always knew it was a work. Didn't fool me for one second. No way...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,981 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Could not give a toss about Bayley or Sasha Banks tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

I am still very worried about grown fellas walking around with bayley shirts and screaming when herself and banks are on tv. Neither would be missed if they left.

I am still very worried about grown fellas walking around with bayley shirts and screaming when herself and banks are on tv. Neither would be missed if they left.

Hello 1985, how are you? :D

Men should be men eh?

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

As opposed to lads losing their minds over half naked, muscled, oiled and well groomed men? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

I'd liken it to lads who collect my little pony dolls, not kids, grown men. If people think that's natural well they are entitled to that opinion.
    Whatever their sexual tendency or preferences may be, it still comes off as creepy to me.
    Bailey is marketed towards young kids, boys or girls. Seeing lads in Bailey shirts wouldn't bother me, but I can get why it would seem strange to some people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement