Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

cena wrote: »
    My dad had this and dementia

my grandad is going through the same just at the beginning of it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Add her to the list....

PWS: Nia Jax has tore both of her ACL's. Expected to miss nine months up to a year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Add her to the list....

PWS: Nia Jax has tore both of her ACL's. Expected to miss nine months up to a year

God forgive me, I hate to see anyone hurt but she needed to go away

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

sky88 wrote: »

Couldn't really blame them for being unhappy at losing the Championships.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,124 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

There is being unhappy and there is behaving like toddlers.

Edit: I saw a selfie of them watching the Mania main event and they looked very happy. Dirtsheets, you don't know what to believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Sasha Banks wants to leave?
    Who cares? She's useless. And all that is happening now is she's jealous because Charlotte and Becky were in the main event of Mania. She's still living in the mollycoddled world of NXT where Triple H treated everyone like they're special.
    She seems to think she's one of the elite performers. Her dreadful frog splash at Mania says otherwise. A tribute to Eddie Guerrero? Please. Next time she wants to pay tribute to Eddie Guerrero she should just squat over his grave and take a big steamy pisś. It would be far less insulting.

WWE should let go. It's not as if anyone tunes into WWE for Sasha Banks. She is nothing.

J. Marston wrote: »
    There is being unhappy and there is behaving like toddlers.

At least they haven't gone above beyond behaving like toddlers... Yet.

Then again they both don't seem like the types to go causing all kinds of trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,430 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sasha goes to AEW and brings Snoop with her and becomes the face of the female face of the company.

sirmanga wrote: »
    Sasha Banks wants to leave?
    Who cares? She's useless. And all that is happening now is she's jealous because Charlotte and Becky were in the main event of Mania. She's still living in the mollycoddled world of NXT where Triple H treated everyone like they're special.
    She seems to think she's one of the elite performers. Her dreadful frog splash at Mania says otherwise. A tribute to Eddie Guerrero? Please. Next time she wants to pay tribute to Eddie Guerrero she should just squat over his grave and take a big steamy pisś. It would be far less insulting.

WWE should let go. It's not as if anyone tunes into WWE for Sasha Banks. She is nothing.

WJ13nf5.jpg

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    At least they haven't gone above beyond behaving like toddlers... Yet.

Then again they both don't seem like the types to go causing all kinds of trouble.

Didn’t this all start with a rumour of a fight with Alexa now all this. Seems like there throwing s**t at the wall hoping it’ll stick

Didn’t this all start with a rumour of a fight with Alexa now all this. Seems like there throwing s**t at the wall hoping it’ll stick

It all seems like cliquey she said this/she said that high school bull****, which you'd think women in their late 20's, or into early 30's would be well over at this stage.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It all seems like cliquey she said this/she said that high school bull****, which you'd think women in their late 20's, or into early 30's would be well over at this stage.

There’s definitely always been this petty bulls**t a lot between sasha and Alexa since nxt. I think Sasha and Charlotte fell out for a while too and not to mention Lana who I’m pretty sure posted this on dudes account all so effin stupid for grown women

https://twitter.com/rusevbul/status/1116821259504050176?s=21

There’s definitely always been this petty bulls**t a lot between sasha and Alexa since nxt. I think Sasha and Charlotte fell out for a while too and not to mention Lana who I’m pretty sure posted this on dudes account all so effin stupid for grown women

https://twitter.com/rusevbul/status/1116821259504050176?s=21

It's impressive grudge holding on both sides, from the outside looking in. Wasn't even aware of issues between Sasha & Charlotte.

As for Lana, ****-housery 101, if only she could wrestle half as well.

Social media is the new kayfabe though so they could all be backstage taking shots at each other and then having a laugh about it.

I think it's really good. You reach a certain point as an older fan where you think you know everything so when there is stuff like this that blurs the lines it is interesting, to me at least. Becky posted a tweet asking Sasha to fight her, so that could be them angling for a feud. Or Becky just publicly telling her to stay.

Rusev and Lana are insufferable though.

MVP doing a TED Talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

That sounds like a spoof to me and I wouldn't be surprised either, Satin is one WWE's lapdogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭ThePott

There was photos of them smiling in the crowd for Mania so not buying it. Seems a little ridiculous as strange and funny as the visual is.

Could be a reference to Ryback's twitter posting about WWE's policies RE: John Oliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,859 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

FFS after booking flights and hotel for Undertaker inside the ropes show in London now he’s been replaced by Mick Foley.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

paulie21 wrote: »
    FFS after booking flights and hotel for Undertaker inside the ropes show in London now he’s been replaced by Mick Foley.

Has he cancelled all the UK shows or just the London one? Any idea why it was cancelled

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,010 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Has he cancelled all the UK shows or just the London one? Any idea why it was cancelled

It's so confusing

He can't do the Q and A on the tour but will still come over and do the meet and greets. Mick Foley will do the Q and A part of the show

Feel so disappointed for all those who bought tickets but at least you get something from it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I know myself I’d be nowhere near as interested in the pictures as the q and a, the q and a with Taker was surely the big selling point

I really hope it’s not a Survivor Series 1999 situation and they havent been selling the event knowing full well the main selling point wasnt happening

Did he use all these independent dates to get a bigger deal off Vince.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

I didn't watch the video ITR posted, but surely they must be offering refunds?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,859 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Refunds available to GA holders or you can upgrade to the Taker meet and greet for 160 pounds. Seems WWE have put the spanner in the works with Taker agreeing to work the Saudi show seemingly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

That sounds like a spoof to me and I wouldn't be surprised either, Satin is one WWE's lapdogs.
    Banks posted a picture of her with Bayley and the new tag team champs on Instagram....with a beaming smile. Seems like Satin got treated like a chump by his masters.

That was fairly clearly a response to the criticism she has been taking because of the fact she went home unhappy with her creative. Her way of showing she has no issue with the Iiconics.

I don't think there is any disputing the fundamentals of the story. Johnson, Meltzer, Satin, Ross-Sapp all heard Sasha & Bayley were very unhappy when told they were losing.

Frankly, it might be best if they both get released. They are both exceptionally talented & have a real ability to connect with the audience. It's possible they could be thrown a bone and make it work ala Becky but more likely than not they'll continue to be used as utility players. AEW could really use the two as cornerstones of their womens division.

If it is true there is evidence for her to have legit grievances, in my opinion.

That ridiculous frenemy story they had her do for a year with Bayley. She's been champ 4 times and never once defended the belt and her reigns are the 4 shortest recorded. "The Boss" character being a total heel and her trying to make it work as a face for years now. Being 0-4 at Mania. Tapping to Charlotte in the last second of an iron-man match (Who booked that?!).

It all adds up. If I was her I'd probably feel the least valued of the 4HW. Plus AEW seem to be throwing around stupid contracts so she can leave and still get paid.

I think nothing will come of it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Ah come on now, a bit of perspective. The first year of the women's division being taken seriously was based around Sasha, Bayley also got a good run and Mania match as champion. They're on TV almost every week, given respect as top tier talent and just got a big title win a couple of months ago before being thrown on TV to receive "You deserve it" chants. Not everyone can be the top guy at the same time, and it's clearly Becky's time for a run. Some other time it'll be theirs. I'm not going to speak on whether they had a tantrum or not, because we don't know the full story, but if they walked over that and that alone it'd be an insanely short-sighted career move.

Title belts are props, nothing more. People will say "Oh but it's a prop that ensures you get good matches and TV time"...but if you need that to be essential to whatever company you work for, does that not prove that you probably shouldn't be holding it? You should hold the belt because you're bringing value to the company, it's not the belt's job to bring value to you. I don't think they need the belts and, if they're thinking that way, then that's a flaw in their attitude and belief in themselves.

AEW is by no means a sure thing and only the Tye Dillingers of this world, who've got zero real prospects of hitting big in WWE, should be considering it at this stage.

• Advertisement

I don't think it was the titles themselves, but the role that it offered them. The travelling champions who were going to defend on Takeover/Raw/Smackdown.

For talent who are very passionate, the role they had in 2018 must have been very frustrating. Nothing they could sink their teeth into.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement