Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Of Us 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭brevity

I only have a PS3 but I must give it another go.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DefinitelyMarc

Survivor was challenging and I enjoyed it. Grounded is proving to just be annoying. It's like if you took survivor, then removed more checkpoints so that your best option was just to run past the enemies and exploit the bad scripting. Enemies disappear when you move past them far enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Evade

There's a trick you can use on survivor and grounded to make it a little easier. The game will rarely let you run out of ammo completely so you're usually better off using up those last few bullets and get a drop from the killed enemy than to hoard them just in case. The only real issue is you might not get the same kind of ammo so some menu fiddling will be needed. And throwing a brick to stun and following up with a quick stab makes that section in winter almost easy, until the other thing shows up at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Considering this was announced in December 2016 I feel we could get a release date soon. The first was announced in December 2011 and came out in June 2013.

Sorry if anyone thought I had some actual news I was just re-reading through the thread :)

mutley18 wrote: »
    Considering this was announced in December 2016 I feel we could get a release date soon. The first was announced in December 2011 and came out in June 2013.

Sorry if anyone thought I had some actual news I was just re-reading through the thread :)

https://extra.ie/2019/04/01/sport/gaming/official-playstation-websites-tease-last-of-us-part-ii-release-date

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Sounds like Ellie and Joel are gonna be juuuuuuuuust fine :)

https://twitter.com/Neil_Druckmann/status/1118329800156798977?s=19

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Sounds like Ellie and Joel are gonna be juuuuuuuuust fine :)

https://twitter.com/Neil_Druckmann/status/1118329800156798977?s=19

?

?

Sarcasm. Everyone's gonna die.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Man, they're delaying this so much that I just don't care anymore. It'll probably be excellent, but I'm sick of waiting. I've now turned off everything TLOU2 in my head until it has actually released.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

you could probably cyrogenically freeze your head until it comes out if you had the money, I know I would

• Registered Users Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

At this rate they may as well wait for the PS5 to come out and release it

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    At this rate they may as well wait for the PS5 to come out and release it

It may well end up being a launch title. With PS4 getting a scaled back version.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Technically, they can't delay something that never had a release date to begin with.
    A 2019 release date was always a long shot.

You can either release something when it's ready or rush it early to market. I wish it was tomorrow but if it's early in 2020 that's fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,293 ✭✭✭✭Penn

ERG89 wrote: »
    You can either release something when it's ready or rush it early to market. I wish it was tomorrow but if it's early in 2020 that's fine for me.

Agreed. Plus the Xmas period is always a busy period anyway, especially if Death Stranding is being released early November too, another big single-player PS4 exclusive. Better to space them out a bit.

Nothing has been confirmed yet, lads losing their **** :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I can wait if it's going to be good. Plenty to play in the mean time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

If it becomes a PS5 launch title I'll be cross cause I only bought a PS4 for TLOU2 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

It'll be the PS4 swansong like the original was for the PS3.
    I just hope it's not boring like the last uncharted. I've still not finished that :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

It'll be the PS4 swansong like the original was for the PS3.
    I just hope it's not boring like the last uncharted. I've still not finished that :o

Yeah, Uncharted 4 was a bit meh. Looked beautiful but there was a lot of cliff jumping filler in it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Just throwing this out there though: The Lost Legacy, despite a more throwaway plot than the mainline games, was a surprisingly thoughtful and compact evolution of the formula established in the previous games, and bodes well for Naughty Dog being able to experiment without losing what makes their games so memorable...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,162 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah, Uncharted 4 was a bit meh. Looked beautiful but there was a lot of cliff jumping filler in it.

Probably a poor choice to pick for my first Uncharted game as it put me right off playing any of the others.

Just throwing this out there though: The Lost Legacy, despite a more throwaway plot than the mainline games, was a surprisingly thoughtful and compact evolution of the formula established in the previous games, and bodes well for Naughty Dog being able to experiment without losing what makes their games so memorable...

I'd agree. It's much more streamlined experience than 4.
    It cuts out lots of the filler ****e

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Did not enjoy U4 either. Just too much story which wasn't good and interfered with the actual gameplay... which when present wasn't all that much fun.

Hope Last of Us 2 is a much better balance between gameplay and story.

Not played Lost Legacy as I keep for getting it exists.

I picked up Lost Legacy in Cex at the weekend. I completely forgot how absolutely gorgeous Naughty Dog games are. Feels like this is what the latest Tomb Raider games should have been like. The combat is fairly weak and just want to get past those sections asap to get back to exploring.

Anyone with a thirst for some Last of Us, it's 12 euro in Argos atm. I picked it up to finish off the brilliant multiplayer journey to get my platinum. It's a risky mode though as you can lose progress so I jumped into my last save point for some practice. Financial District....on Grounded.... And I couldn't remember any buttons. Had to look up the controller mapping online.

Looking forward to the multiplayer again, hopefully not coming against elites as the journey for each faction is a grind of you're not having good games.

• Advertisement
Advertisement