Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,056 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Time to pack my bags, will deliver my suitcase to home city this afternoon, then head off for a night in a suite in a lovely Sheraton hotel in Africa, then back through here tomorrow to end up in Dubai. Not sure if this is an indication of life returning to normal, but I like it :):)

Then 2 glorious weeks off after 78 days on duty.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Smurf I'm delighted for you. Really am, I'd even go so far as to say happy Friday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,502 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Gorgeous day, I'm going to sit out in the garden and doss.

NewRed2, get over to the "Who'd Live In A House Like This" thread. My favourite estate agent foible is the new trend of taking pictures of the outside of houses when it's dark, all blinds and curtains open and all lights on. It's very important to know what your prospective house looks like at night when you're inside after all ... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Cajun chicken sub....king crisps....club orange....and Harry Potter.........lads, I'm a cheap date :D

Cajun chicken sub....king crisps....club orange....and Harry Potter.........lads, I'm a cheap date :D

Gimpy foot though!

• Advertisement

Gimpy foot though!

Just means we don't have to dance!

Just means we don't have to dance!

But I've 2 left feet to make up for your lack of 1!

But I've 2 left feet to make up for your lack of 1!

You dance, I'll drink and throw money :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,052 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Just got my hair done, it's liberating!
    Prices have gone up massively though across all of cuts/colours etc but I can see how hairdressers have to recoup a lot of lost income.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I've burned the dinner. Went upstairs to lie down and listen to a podcast for 30mins and fell asleep. Poor Grumpy has just forced down two bone dry lamb chops. I burned the steamer dry so no spuds and veg. Thankfully,, he's in good form and has been very stoic about it. He'll be getting beans on toast in a while when Mr. Sardi drops a loaf of bread round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,842 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Another one who got the hair cut today , except mine was in the barbers :pac:
    Happy sunny Friday evening folks :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

De-stressing in bed after an incredibly hectic week work-wise where I had two major deadlines for big workloads yesterday and today that I managed to meet.

Had originally planned for a long walk in the park but tbh I’m just too exhausted. Really looking forward to doing sweet FA over the weekend.

Wishing all you Wherers a nice, chilled, event-free weekend. :)

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I've burned the dinner. Went upstairs to lie down and listen to a podcast for 30mins and fell asleep. Poor Grumpy has just forced down two bone dry lamb chops. I burned the steamer dry so no spuds and veg. Thankfully,, he's in good form and has been very stoic about it. He'll be getting beans on toast in a while when Mr. Sardi drops a loaf of bread round.

Theres a lot to be said for a weekend treat and a burger from Jimmy Greasy's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Gorgeous day, I'm going to sit out in the garden and doss.

NewRed2, get over to the "Who'd Live In A House Like This" thread. My favourite estate agent foible is the new trend of taking pictures of the outside of houses when it's dark, all blinds and curtains open and all lights on. It's very important to know what your prospective house looks like at night when you're inside after all ... :confused:

Why am I only hearing about this now? I'm on my way! (Don't worry, I mean to that thread not to your garden...)

Those estate agents are evil geniuses. See this is exactly why I wanted to get a T-shirt printed that says "Estate agents 4-eva" to wear to all my house viewings, to show my appreciation.
    It would be classy yet subtle.

Sardonicat wrote: »

I'll make my own dinner so unless anyone else wants to offer?

Don't all fight over it now! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I'll make my own dinner so unless anyone else wants to offer?

Don't all fight over it now! :p

Would you ever make mine while you're at it? I've burned the ar§e off the pot.

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Another one who got the hair cut today , except mine was in the barbers :pac:
    Happy sunny Friday evening folks :)

You must have very short hair?
    I wish I could get away with barber prices :(

What did you get done and how much did it go up? Mine is normally €150 and I'll cry if it's gone up!

Extremely short , it's either a #1 or 2 , not 100% sure PM .
    I eventually copped on that it was crazy paying the hairdressers mad money for a w/c/b when the barbers would do the job just as good if not better .

What did you get done and how much did it go up? Mine is normally €150 and I'll cry if it's gone up!

I only got a cut today because my colour is ok. Cut normally is €37, today it was €45.

• Advertisement

I eventually copped on that it was crazy paying the hairdressers mad money for a w/c/b when the barbers would do the job just as good if not better .

I usually have to go home and settle my hair anyway after a blow dry so I get what you mean.

I usually have to go home and settle my hair anyway after a blow dry so I get what you mean.

God yeah , go home and fix it to how you prefer it to sit !
    The hairdessers only ever used the hairdryer to blow the hairs off my neck :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Get a clippers next biggrin.png

I got a Wahl cordless at the start of all the lockdowns ( about €25 )

Now its : trim with No 2 every 3 weeks tongue.png

About to go Aldi-side

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

My hair dressers price went from €86 to €126 and I’m dreading the new prices if yours went up.

Had a great day myself and treated myself to a takeaway for dinner :)

The people that were working from home during lockdown will only get busier now that salons are putting prices up 30-40%

I'm an expert with the Mach3 if anyone wants...€25 and I'll sort you out
    :)

Autosport wrote: »
    My hair dressers price went from €86 to €126 and I’m dreading the new prices if yours went up.

The cameras are obviously focused on my fridge tonight. ☺️

Couchside, had a lovely mashed up salad bowl with the lovely Atlantic brown bread from Aldi, troops fed , chicken as usual, big glass of red beside me ,heating on and I'm starting to nod off already, the restrictions lifting is of no use to me, I'm too tired to go anywhere.

I’m not saying they are and I’m not saying they’re not but Duvet you have a lot of wine in the fridge and you can also share your chocolate with us ;):D

I’m now couchside fit for the bed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Autosport wrote: »

I honestly don't know how they can justify that price increase. I appreciate their doors have been closed but to rip off loyal customers in a bid to claw back some of the damage , I'd be fuming.

I honestly don't know how they can justify that price increase. I appreciate their doors have been closed but to rip off loyal customers in a bid to claw back some of the damage , I'd be fuming.

That price increase was just from the first lockdown and they’ve been closed longer this time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Friend just texted me to say The HSE have agreed to sit down and negotiate with the hackers. But they have warned them that they could be waiting up to 2 years for an appointment.

Advertisement