Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,629 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The damp and cold won't help anyway.

No electric blanket because I'd be liable to cook myself. I'll warm up in bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,075 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Had a couple of weird days and ended up back in home base, look who I met.

552638.jpeg

552639.jpeg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,882 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Wayhey!. A Mutt reunion, nice one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

I'm committed to not cooking ever
    I'd be liable to cook myself

That's it everyone, we're wearing her down with all the food talk. We'll make a chef out of her yet!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

smurfjed wrote: »
    Had a couple of weird days and ended up back in home base, look who I met.

552638.jpeg

Beautiful dog mate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,075 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Wayhey!. A Mutt reunion, nice one.

I will leave here again in a day or two, but next week start 14 days off, so I will get to spend quality time with him. It really is funny to watch him when he meets me as he is almost talking, not sure if they are complaints :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Bitching about my leg last night, then we hear an 11yo girl out the road has been killed while out cycling.... puts things into perspective a little

NewRed2 wrote: »
    That's it everyone, we're wearing her down with all the food talk. We'll make a chef out of her yet!! :D

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one!

Gorgeous day out there, but I've work to do. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Bitching about my leg last night, then we hear an 11yo girl out the road has been killed while out cycling.... puts things into perspective a little

It certainly does. Dreadful news. The poor family.

How did you get on today? Are you for surgery?

Sardonicat wrote: »
    It certainly does. Dreadful news. The poor family.

How did you get on today? Are you for surgery?

Short answer...don't know

Swelling is too bad still....all the swelling has to come down... when it does...the bone could "slip"...if so.. surgery.
    But when swelling comes down..bone doesn't slip.. but ligaments detach... surgery needed
    I'm back in 3 weeks time.

Right wing Muppets are after me again on social media, so I have something to do for the best 3 weeks anyways :D

• Advertisement

Short answer...don't know

Swelling is too bad still....all the swelling has to come down... when it does...the bone could "slip"...if so.. surgery.
    But when swelling comes down..bone doesn't slip.. but ligaments detach... surgery needed
    I'm back in 3 weeks time.

Right wing Muppets are after me again on social media, so I have something to do for the best 3 weeks anyways :D

Hope it works out with the foot. Now, please follow the medical advice they gave you, like a good man I don't want to have to get all Nurse Ratchet on you again.

Hope it works out with the foot. Now, please follow the medical advice they gave you, like a good man I don't want to have to get all Nurse Ratchet on you again.

didn't see the show.. I get the reference though....nutter nurse :D
    I was told use a crutch to take the weight off the leg..so I'll be clippity clopping all over the place :)

didn't see the show.. I get the reference though....nutter nurse :D
    I was told use a crutch to take the weight off the leg..so I'll be clippity clopping all over the place :)

You need to watch the film 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest' to get a grasp of the kind of evil Nurse Ratchet is and the the way she can wield power. The show bears no resemblance to the film character.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

On the bus home from the Blanchardstown Centre after running a few errands.

Zoom yoga class at 7.30pm. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,882 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Tired trundle time..

JupiterKid wrote: »
    On the bus home from the Blanchardstown Centre after running a few errands.

Zoom yoga class at 7.30pm. :)

Youd need it after Blanch shopping centre and the bus back!

I miss my old life, that included trips to Blsnch - there, whinge over

Youd need it after Blanch shopping centre and the bus back!

I miss my old life, that included trips to Blsnch - there, whinge over

Boobly hugs Sardi

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Am sat outside a girls school waiting for a tennis lesson to end. The excitement knows no end here.

Am sat outside a girls school waiting for a tennis lesson to end. The excitement knows no end here.

Nope... turning over a new leaf and not touching that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Oh first world problems here.:D Mrs Gs debit card has been skimmed. €200 taken from the few quid she keeps in the account for emergencies. And it wasn't some headbanger in outer Mongolia either. This person like Lifestyle sports and Asos.com. Oh and Groupon.ie to check the card works. Obviously a lover of sporty fashion.:D The bank spotted it first and blocked all transactions. Now the investigation begins. No ATM transactions and a tiny amount of POS, all local.:eek:

After that experience she tried to register for her vaccine on the HSE portal. Crash crash and crash. Always failed to send a code to her phone. Phone the number says I. Got through quick enough and then the slow slog to completion began due to language issues. It was quickly obvious the poor girl on the other end couldn't possibly be in Ireland. Her English was poor and at one point she apologized that her "IRISH" was bad.:eek: Apparently we live in Laos (think that's Vietnam) and not Laois.:D No blame on the girl and Mrs G was as polite and thankful as ever. She got a thankyou for calling the HSE, but from where we do not know.:D

• Advertisement

Well for ya G, out foreign! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Well for ya G, out foreign! :D

Oh to be out foreign and getting robbed.:D But no, stay local and get robbed by your own in the local shops. Great country.:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Oh first world problems here.:D Mrs Gs debit card has been skimmed. €200 taken from the few quid she keeps in the account for emergencies. And it wasn't some headbanger in outer Mongolia either. This person like Lifestyle sports and Asos.com. Oh and Groupon.ie to check the card works. Obviously a lover of sporty fashion.:D The bank spotted it first and blocked all transactions. Now the investigation begins. No ATM transactions and a tiny amount of POS, all local.:eek:
    Friends think me ancient. I don't use online banking. Mail checks. Snail mail only to pay bills. Lucky not to have been hacked, yet. While major pipeline corporation in US hacked by one of Pooty's ransom gangs. Affecting the whole south and east coasts fuel prices. Oh, nothing comes out of Big Bearland that Pooty does not know about. Never visted Big Bearland. On my bucket list. St P stands out as a summer to play location. :cool:

Fathom wrote: »
    Friends think me ancient. I don't use online banking. Mail checks. Snail mail only to pay bills. Lucky not to have been hacked, yet. While major pipeline corporation in US hacked by one of Pooty's ransom gangs. Affecting the whole south and east coasts fuel prices. Oh, nothing comes out of Big Bearland that Pooty does not know about.

Never visted Big Bearland. On my bucket list. St P stands out as a summer to play location. :cool:

I'd love to go but hold a fear that i would manage to disappear there :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

I'd love to go but hold a fear that i would manage to disappear there :pac:
    Be sure to keep chem resistant gloves on, too Grem. :eek:

Hazmat suit with built in breathing apparatus, awkward taking photos but safe!! :pac:

Yo Grem. Know of a fashionable Hazmet suit source? The new normal.

Fathom wrote: »
    Yo Grem. Know of a fashionable Hazmet suit source? The new normal.

Latex jumpsuit no?? Perhaps black rubbish bag, tape and a vacuum :D

Latex jumpsuit no?? Perhaps black rubbish bag, tape and a vacuum :D
    Creative Grem. :P

• Advertisement

Got to be inventive to get things done ;)

Advertisement