Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,857 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I had a snooze in bed earlier, Ithumping headache all day. Must be the weather.

That's it , we'll blame the weather!
    Hope the headache is gone btw .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭4Ad

votecounts wrote: »
    Couchside with a coke watching the Rookie. Heading Corkside tomorrow to meet the parents for the first time in a year, got their jabs a week ago. Being ringing them and using zoom, but it's not the same. The hug they'll get from me will probably leave them with bruises:D
    Hope everyone is ok

A year !! Enjoy the hugs...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,601 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    That's it , we'll blame the weather!
    Hope the headache is gone btw .

It's not, and I very rarely get headaches. I think a good thunder storm would have cleared the air.

It's just been rain - sun - rain - sun all day.

votecounts wrote: »
    Couchside with a coke watching the Rookie. Heading Corkside tomorrow to meet the parents for the first time in a year, got their jabs a week ago. Being ringing them and using zoom, but it's not the same. The hug they'll get from me will probably leave them with bruises:D
    Hope everyone is ok
    This really highlights the hardest part of the last 14 months, the social and emotional disconnect is palpable. Enjoy the hugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

It's not, and I very rarely get headaches. I think a good thunder storm would have cleared the air.

It's just been rain - sun - rain - sun all day.

Weather/pressure related most likely. A fooking thunderstorm warning in Leinster all day and I think there was one in the Carlow area. :rolleyes: Mrs G gets the head thing and it's usually a pressure change in weather. As for the actual weather itself, I'm thinking about buying a sun lamp and a few bags of sand for the living room. A beach holiday at home and indoors.:D

• Advertisement

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Weather/pressure related most likely. A fooking thunderstorm warning in Leinster all day and I think there was one in the Carlow area. :rolleyes: Mrs G gets the head thing and it's usually a pressure change in weather. As for the actual weather itself, I'm thinking about buying a sun lamp and a few bags of sand for the living room. A beach holiday at home and indoors.:D

Yep, waiting all day here for the thunder storm too.

You're going to need a paddling pool too for an authentic experience. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Thunder showers in Kilkenny today, hailstones were hitting the window so hard I thought it would break.

Diamonds and Sardi Hope both your dads get better soon :)

Auto, that attachment! Is there anything worse than your reflection in the hairdresser's mirror?

Next week for me, I'm bringing a blindfold. Between that and the mask I'll look like I have an extreme BDSM kink. :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Yep, waiting all day here for the thunder storm too.

You're going to need a paddling pool too for an authentic experience. :p

We'll have an upstairs pool.....the bath.:)

Auto, that attachment! Is there anything worse than your reflection in the hairdresser's mirror?

Next week for me, I'm bringing a blindfold. Between that and the mask I'll look like I have an extreme BDSM kink. :eek: :D

I still haven’t gotten an appointment to get the wig done, fingers crossed I get one for next week :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Sardi, I’m in the same predicament as yourself and the auld internal thermostat. Being peri menopausal is so glamorous.

Currently Deise side. Have a 7am Penny’s shopping spree to stock up for the minions for the summer.
    Off to work afterwards with a McDonalds brekkie on board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Just got s shout out from a local right wing lunatic on Facebook....I must be doing something right to get under his skin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Had a dental appointment today, just a scale and polish but felt tired afterwards so lay down 'for a minute'. Woke up hours later at 6pm feeling disoriented and groggy.
    Wide awake now and it's almost midnight. D'oh!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Chilling on the sofa after a very long day working.

Off to the leaba soon as I’ve another long day tomorrow. Bed 🛌 😴 Marking a big stack of student assignments for a Friday deadline...:o:pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The OH has a roundy birthday this weekend so a few bits to pick up while she gets her haircut today. Me nerves..

Morning all :) Sun is shining and the boss is telling me he wants a walk as he has been giving me the side eye :D

Happy Thursday!!!

The OH has a roundy birthday this weekend so a few bits to pick up while she gets her haircut today. Me nerves..

Oh to be 20 again ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Autosport wrote: »
    Oh to be 20 again ;)

Hahahahahaha must tell her that!.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭thomil

Deskside, working away, though my mind feels like it's running on auxiliary power at the moment.

Oh, and I think working from home is starting to get to me. I just had a five-minute conversation with a jackdaw that was perched outside my home office window :pac:

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

thomil wrote: »
    I just had a five-minute conversation with a jackdaw that was perched outside my home office window :pac:

It's when the jackdaw starts talking back and giving you orders that you need to be worried.

I too am home desk located. For this evenings excitement I will be replacing the water pump in our hotpress. The current one now sounds like a bag of nails in a spin dryer. The phone app says its coming in at 85Db...
    I will have the new one installed and down to 48Db by the evenings end.

This is likely the most nerdy post in this thread today.

• Advertisement

Another WFH soldier here, no water pump drama though.

Roll on the weekend, I'm done for this week.

Birthdays, water pumps, and Leg's wfh adventures :p
    What excitement.

I'm in work. Not a tap to be doing so I'm looking at silly things and eating those Maryland choc chip cookies.

All was calm in daddy land earlier. I couldn't get him to take his ensure drinks or dioralytes, wouldn't hear of me ringing the doc again. It was all very "I'm on my last legs now". Anyways a lemon swiss roll appeared and he had a slice. It was upwards from there :D

Having a pint!. Granted it's lager but Guinness soon :) deserved after actually being in shops earlier :eek:

Work wifey and I are going for a day out tomorrow.....there will be no mountain climbing this time! :D

Having a pint!. Granted it's lager but Guinness soon :) deserved after actually being in shops earlier :eek:

I'm actually supping a Lefty Hand Brewing nitro stout now ;)

Tell me why, ain’t nothin but a heartache, tell me why, ain’t nothing but a mistake, tell me why, I never want to hear you say, I want it that way :D Enjoy today’s tune :D

Workside ready to work for another few hours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,077 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Autosport wrote: »
    Tell me why, ain’t nothin but a heartache, tell me why, ain’t nothing but a mistake, tell me why, I never want to hear you say, I want it that way :D Enjoy today’s tune :D

Workside ready to work for another few hours :)

Ah no, is it not home time? :(

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Working today, so 4 nights, 4 different cities, 3 different countries if all goes according to plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭thomil

Tactical redeployment to balcony completed. Use of beer is now authorised :cool:

Seriously, the sun is shining, it's warm enough, so why not make the most of it?

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,049 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Coffeehouse. To work online remotely. Sip. Sip.

Advertisement