Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Tired of good plucking Olddog, fancy a change ;):p

I'm not a pheasant plucker,
    I'm a pheasant plucker's son
    And I'm only plucking pheasants
    Til the pheasant plucker comes

• Registered Users Posts: 16,730 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I hope Grumpy is ok Sardi.

Miserable day, it would be a perfect evening to snuggle up to a warm body in bed.

Who's making my dinner this evening? :p

Miserable day, it would be a perfect evening to snuggle up to a warm body in bed.

Definitely not me, this time!

Grumpy is ok ATM. Very tired and still a bit out if it. He had a small amount of anti psychotic before we loaded him into the ambulance, two doses of morphine in a and e followed by some benzodiazepines of some sort. A fairly potent connection which left him, to use professional jargon, completely off his t1ts all day. At one point he told me that he felt like he was far away. I was half expecting him to ask me if his face was melting. He's coming round gradually. Most importantly, he's comfortable and pain free.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Listening to rain before heading out into it ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I'm not a pheasant plucker,
    I'm a pheasant plucker's son
    And I'm only plucking pheasants
    Til the pheasant plucker comes
    Type it faster! ;) Its cheating if you type it too slow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,403 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Definitely not me, this time!

Grumpy is ok ATM. Very tired and still a bit out if it. He had a small amount of anti psychotic before we loaded him into the ambulance, two doses of morphine in a and e followed by some benzodiazepines of some sort. A fairly potent connection which left him, to use professional jargon, completely off his t1ts all day. At one point he told me that he felt like he was far away. I was half expecting him to ask me if his face was melting. He's coming round gradually. Most importantly, he's comfortable and pain free.

You might be understating that a little :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

kowloon wrote: »

Wouldn't mind a belt of all that :pac:

kowloon wrote: »

Unfortunately he was in so much pain it was the only way they could try and get the hernia back in. The benzo relaxes the muscles on top of that making it easier and without the anti-psychotic he'd be so agitated and confused he would be untreatable. Happy to say that he's come back from the moon, now. I know this because he's got his moan back on, so it's 'as you were, Sardonicat'.

Wouldn't mind a belt of all that :pac:

Be as good as a mini break, wouldn't it?

More like a trip!

Still, it would temporarily relieve the monotony.

• Advertisement

I'm experienced in all of those and in combination, it'd be 24 hours off *sighs wistfully* :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,132 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Best I can do is a virtual warm body after a virtual fillet steak and a movie.:D

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Best I can do is a virtual warm body after a virtual fillet steak and a movie.:D

Better than nothing I suppose! :pac:

Better than nothing I suppose! :pac:

I can do the warm body. In fact, I wish I could donate my spare body heat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Off to hospital about 8.30 tomorrow, swelling gone down somewhat on the leg, so x-rays and they'll make a decision on whether or not I need an op..

Jaysis, possibly an operation? :eek:

Off to hospital about 8.30 tomorrow, swelling gone down somewhat on the leg, so x-rays and they'll make a decision on whether or not I need an op..

Oh, good luck with that! That's an early call for that place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Yeah..it was 9am but they rang and asked me come in half an hour earlier.
    It's about the ligaments and if they are coming away, will find out tomorrow...could do without it tbh..

Yeah..it was 9am but they rang and asked me come in half an hour earlier.
    It's about the ligaments and if they are coming away, will find out tomorrow...could do without it tbh..

Oh, painnnnn! And to think you were hobbling round on that for days!

*Shakes head in bewildement*

Hope it's good news

Welcome to the Wherer's ward!.

• Advertisement

Welcome to the Wherer's ward!.

Look on the bright side, we'll get all our meals handed to us!

Look on the bright side, we'll get all our meals handed to us!

You are really committed to not cooking today! :D I like hospital toast though

You are really committed to not cooking today! :D I like hospital toast though

I'm committed to not cooking ever, but unfortunately food doesn't magically appear in front of me.

I was over there, now I'm back here. And that's the news for the moment. More updates as I receive them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,403 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

"2-week holiday drink"

Finally! I can go to sleep at last. I'm hanging here. Trouble us, I think I'll be too worried to switch off. He easnt in the bed 10 mins before he called me in to tell me his hernia was hurting. Thankfully, it was an easy fix tonight. Don't think I could cope with two nights like that in a row. I'm off to my pit, hopefully an uneventful night. Keep everything crossed for us, Wherers.

Night Sardi, hopefully tomorrow will be a calmer day.

Everything crossed Sardi (ouch) Mind yourself..

How's the back now Grem?

In my corner of the geriatric ward I have a stiff neck, cold feet, I'm tired and today was a day that really shouldn't have happened. I'm just glad I don't have to take my teeth out to clean them.

• Advertisement

I'm blaming the weather on current aggravations :rolleyes:

Stiff neck and cold feet sounds like a leccy blankie job.

Advertisement