Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,849 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That's what I was thinking since that seems to usually happen with her. Think she won the title twice at least the night after losing at a PPV

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

CastorTroy wrote: »
    That's what I was thinking since that seems to usually happen with her. Think she won the title twice at least the night after losing at a PPV

They could be a delay in getting side plates made.

They could also possibly do the side plates on Smackdown in an in ring cermony type deal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Poor zoey stark seems to be nxts female jobber

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That dog is stealing every scene it's in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,163 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

J. Marston wrote: »
    That dog is stealing every scene it's in.

When Io stood up irate speaking in Japanese, eyeball to eyeball with the dog I was not prepared. That was amazing.

• Advertisement

When Io stood up irate speaking in Japanese, eyeball to eyeball with the dog I was not prepared. That was amazing.

5opdz4hfdfu61.jpg

40 year old Beth's face when 37 year old Monet said she watched her when she was a little girl was brilliant.

Taya/Monet is a strange one. She's got the size to be a monster, yet her character always seems to be the ditzy blonde.

I know it might seem a strange thing to say, but were Austin's eyebrows really big?

Oh and TED DIBIASE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,898 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Don't know if i'm a fan of Cool Kyle

I'm assuming a mistake here

• Registered Users Posts: 53,907 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Sad to see what Dominik Dijakovic has become on RAW

Always liked him when I use to watch NXT

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »

ahem you mean t-bar..hopefully the draft will repackage them

Headshot wrote: »

Hes a decent big man worker and hes just a joke now.

Like so many in WWE sadly.

It takes **** all to build talent and get the over. AEW is proof that with the right attention, they can get most guys over.

WWE is proof that you can take talent dripping with potential, like Dijack, Ricochet, Humberto,Garza, Andrade, War Machine, Cedric, Ripley, Shayna, Riddle and make them all worthless.

Not everyone I mentioned can be main eventers, but man you could at least make them useful parts of your show.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,907 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Hes a decent big man worker and hes just a joke now.

Like so many in WWE sadly.

It takes **** all to build talent and get the over. AEW is proof that with the right attention, they can get most guys over.

WWE is proof that you can take talent dripping with potential, like Dijack, Ricochet, Humberto,Garza, Andrade, War Machine, Cedric, Ripley, Shayna, Riddle and make them all worthless.

Not everyone I mentioned can be main eventers, but man you could at least make them useful parts of your show.

Dijakovic matches against Keith Lee, god damn they were so good

I cannot believe I forgot about Ricochet, still shocked he's still there. What a waste of potential

Wherever Keith Lee is, will they let him fight T-Bar at some point?

Just remembering how a match that was considered one of Cesaro's best WWE matches was against Sami in NXT, yet it seems they're unable to replicate those matches on the main roster. And I don't just mean Cesaro/Zayn, but a lot of former NXT people.
    Look at Bayley/Sasha or Owens/Zayn

Wherever Keith Lee is, will they let him fight T-Bar at some point?

Just remembering how a match that was considered one of Cesaro's best WWE matches was against Sami in NXT, yet it seems they're unable to replicate those matches on the main roster. And I don't just mean Cesaro/Zayn, but a lot of former NXT people.
    Look at Bayley/Sasha or Owens/Zayn

Well theres lots of reasons why wrestlers cant replicate a match from NXT on the main roster.

Firstly, the match on NXT was a PPV main event. The matches on an NXT main event (at the time in 2015 I think) would be structured differently on the an episode of Smackdown in 2020/21.

Zayn and Cesaro (and to a lesser extent Lee and Dijack) would have a hell of a lot more freedom on an NXT special than a main roster tv match. Main roster tv matches are almost always by the numbers, nothing special and extremely restricted. A Smackdown TV match would be hampered by tv ad breaks as WWE seem to book a match to cater for a commercial rather than just work the match regardless of the ad break. Most WWE tv matches are predictable and boring.

Plus the small but hot (NXT crowd) would add to the match. These days, pre covid, main roster crowds are so dethatched form the action. During covid theres no crowd to add to the match.

Additionally the feuds in WWE now are at an all time low in terms of booking and build. Even if Zayn faced Cesaro in a 10,000 seater arena on PPV, I doubt WWE could build a feud effectively to enhance the match.

Furthermore, guys like Zayn for example has had a fair share of injuries since 2015 and he works a safer and somewhat smarter style in 2021.

Finally we have the meeting of Grimes and DiBiase.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,321 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cole wants Kross but so does Kyle, triple threat?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The NXT UK Dublin show has been cancelled, just got a notification on FB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Well theres lots of reasons why wrestlers cant replicate a match from NXT on the main roster.

Firstly, the match on NXT was a PPV main event. The matches on an NXT main event (at the time in 2015 I think) would be structured differently on the an episode of Smackdown in 2020/21.

Zayn and Cesaro (and to a lesser extent Lee and Dijack) would have a hell of a lot more freedom on an NXT special than a main roster tv match. Main roster tv matches are almost always by the numbers, nothing special and extremely restricted. A Smackdown TV match would be hampered by tv ad breaks as WWE seem to book a match to cater for a commercial rather than just work the match regardless of the ad break. Most WWE tv matches are predictable and boring.

Plus the small but hot (NXT crowd) would add to the match. These days, pre covid, main roster crowds are so dethatched form the action. During covid theres no crowd to add to the match.

Additionally the feuds in WWE now are at an all time low in terms of booking and build. Even if Zayn faced Cesaro in a 10,000 seater arena on PPV, I doubt WWE could build a feud effectively to enhance the match.

Furthermore, guys like Zayn for example has had a fair share of injuries since 2015 and he works a safer and somewhat smarter style in 2021.

Daniel Bryan was talking about something similar the other day, saying that Cesaro or Otis in a pure pro wrestling environment like NJPW (it isn't but whatever) would look way better than they do in the sports entertainment world of WWE.

It's a mindset thing for us fans. We, as fans, have to stop thinking of main roster WWE as pro wrestling. It isn't. They tell you it isn't. Stop applying pro wrestling logic to it. It's a TV show. Not a very logical or interesting TV show but a TV show all the same. Akira Tozawa plays a ninja. Ricochet plays a 24/7 geek. Cesaro is the swinging man whose just happy to be there. They're characters on a TV show, they've got their role and by and large their role won't deviate, it won't get significantly larger or smaller. There is not a pro wrestler on the main roster who wouldn't look like a better pro wrestler, who wouldn't feel like a bigger deal outside of WWE than they do on the main roster. But, until they leave, if they ever leave, consider their wrestling career on pause, it's the easiest thing to do.

Finn back tonight, I would like another heel run but the brand needs more faces so reckon he's going down that road again

• Advertisement

Finn delivers a simple but effective promo only to get knocked on his Bollix with one punch. Gas.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Jaysus Shotzi Blackheart is money, strap a rocket to her and send her up to the main roster.

So much talent in the women's division on NXT yet we get to see Dana Brooke and Lana wrestle "clinics" on Raw, and Tamina do her "magic" on Smackdown.

Necro wrote: »
    Jaysus Shotzi Blackheart is money, strap a rocket to her and send her up to the main roster.

So much talent in the women's division on NXT yet we get to see Dana Brooke and Lana wrestle "clinics" on Raw, and Tamina do her "magic" on Smackdown.

Until they throw her into the the riot squad and Bury her into catering

The Way is a fun stable. Theory plays a himbo too well...

https://streamable.com/kbczme

Necro wrote: »

It's weird to me that they never did a future endeavour clear out in the women's division. Instead they let the likes of Mickie James go. Gas.

Ciampa has to be on the one of the most aimless tranjectorys I have seen.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

It's weird to me that they never did a future endeavour clear out in the women's division. Instead they let the likes of Mickie James go. Gas.

Yeah Mickie would be great for putting the new blood over. Solid in ring talent

Seeing her mentioned in the AEW thread, I meant to say I thought there were a lot of quick recoveries in the women's tag title match

Seeing her mentioned in the AEW thread, I meant to say I thought there were a lot of quick recoveries in the women's tag title match

The table spot in the ring is the one that stands out to me the most, there were a few though iirc.

Looks like a few options in the nxt title picture, hope we don't see another Kyle and Finn buddy team

Is Wade Barrett retired from the ring ?? Reckon he could have a great feud with someone like Pete Dunne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

The switch to Tuesdays haven't been the remedy so far. OK it's early and maybe they can build momentum but a 0.18 is a disastrous number in well over a year that's contained some disastrous numbers. They'd settled around the 0.22 but with the Wrestlemania buzz over they don't want thar settle point below the 0.20's

Advertisement