Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

personally for me night 1 was better of the 2

• Registered Users Posts: 85,557 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

PTH2009 wrote: »
    For Finn to return on the main roster he needs to go back to his heel Price gimmick and not the happy grinning guy he was

I wonder how different his universal title run would of went if he wasn't injured

AFAIR Finn was pretty over as face

Please refresh my memory what did Devlin do again?

I'm not a Kross fan and think others before him better for to take the title from Finn or feud with Finn

Cole and O' Reilly was brutal, any real injuries?

I wonder is that it on NXT for Cole, he reminds me of HBK, not sure what else on NXT he can do, feud with the rest of UE?

Did Finn and Becky ever tag together?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Tbh, I watched the Foley/Edge documentary about their Mania match after TakeOver and the O'Reilly/Cole match was a pillow fight in comparison. I forgot about barbed wire Mr. Socko!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Devlins shine went when the accusations came out. Where true or not, the mud has stuck and its hard to shake for me.

While hes a solid worker but he always had a ceiling. Like many in WWE, he lacks the character and connection to be anything more than a good hand.

Tbh I can't even recall what Devlin's been accused of and I imagine a lot of Americans wouldn't be aware either. I would of liked to have seen Devlin win because it would feel fresh but there's obviously plans in place for Escobar.

I feel like the two nights had the right results overall bar this one and Gargano. Io, Ciampa, Gargano, Cole and Balor are way past the show at this point and need to move up.

EDIT just to say I think the show could handle their losses at this point as it's slowly shifted back to being about unknown stars. Even if it did end up needing an injection of talent you could send the likes of Ricochet and Black back down.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The growling NXT ring announcer never fails to pop me. Her introductions for the main event had me in tears.

My god wtf is that? It's awful!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

No idea why people would want Cole or Gargano to move down to Smackdown or Raw. They'd be at the Chad Gable level given their size and the old mans fear of people who weren't stars back in the day when he still had his wits about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Omackeral wrote: »
    My god wtf is that? It's awful!

I'm certain she's got several frogs stuck in her throat. It's ludicrous but it's how they like their ring announcers to sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,877 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I kept wondering why there were 2 microphones when she was announcing.

Monokne wrote: »
    No idea why people would want Cole or Gargano to move down to Smackdown or Raw. They'd be at the Chad Gable level given their size and the old mans fear of people who weren't stars back in the day when he still had his wits about him.

How small are they especially Cole, I can't see what else he can do on NXT

Daniel Bryan and Rey Mysterio despite their size are still doing well

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LibSuperstar

Cole will be fine. He can talk like Bryan can and has charisma. Also it isn't like his character isn't transferable to the main roster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

Depends on the strength of his Triple H shield, I suppose.

Monokne wrote: »

The chances of being successful would be against them but by christ they should have the hunger for it all the same. Gargano has done everything twice over on NXT at this point so he should be looking for the challenge. He doesn't strike me as someone who would be rushing to leave WWE so I find it hard to understand why he wouldn't at least take the pay increase that comes with SD or Raw. Same with Ciampa.

I might be on my own on this one but people should always be looking forward and seeing Balor go back to NXT didn't impress me and still doesn't. If he was running down his contract it would be a different story as going to NXT while he waits to leave would be clever.

I've no idea what people want from Balor. Bell to bell that NXT Title run was the best run of his career. He was something completely different from the norm of WWE wrestlers. Really enjoyed it.

I've no idea what people want from Balor. Bell to bell that NXT Title run was the best run of his career. He was something completely different from the norm of WWE wrestlers. Really enjoyed it.

Best run of his career sounds like you're being condescending towards him and that's the problem. It doesn't sound like you're all that impressed by it in the grand scheme of those at the top of professional wrestling? Where would you rate the run overall like?

Best run of his career sounds like you're being condescending towards him and that's the problem. It doesn't sound like you're all that impressed by it in the grand scheme of those at the top of professional wrestling? Where would you rate the run overall like?

I'm really not. I thought he had some banging matches as champion and went above and beyond to make Kross look good the other night. I'd say he's been the easy pick for best in ring wrestler in WWE over the last 12 months (Walter the other though he wrestles far less).

In terms of overall wrestling I'd have him behind the likes of Omega, Ospreay, Shingo, Okada, Shiozaki, Moxley, Endo, Hiromu and Skywalker in that timeframe I'm probably missing a few. But that's a crazy level. For purely WWE he's my easy pick of the bunch since his move to NXT.

And for Fergal individually I'd say his work in this run has surpassed his Apollo 55, BOSJ and Bullet Club leader runs too bell to bell.

I'm really not. I thought he had some banging matches as champion and went above and beyond to make Kross look good the other night. I'd say he's been the easy pick for best in ring wrestler in WWE over the last 12 months (Walter the other though he wrestles far less).

In terms of overall wrestling I'd have him behind the likes of Omega, Ospreay, Shingo, Okada, Shiozaki, Moxley, Endo, Hiromu and Skywalker in that timeframe I'm probably missing a few. But that's a crazy level. For purely WWE he's my easy pick of the bunch since his move to NXT.

And for Fergal individually I'd say his work in this run has surpassed his Apollo 55, BOSJ and Bullet Club leader runs too bell to bell.

Do you think if Balor could walk tomorrow he'd end up the level of those other starts he mentioned?

Do you think if Balor could walk tomorrow he'd end up the level of those other starts he mentioned?

I mean I suppose it'd depend on his landing spot but you'd imagine he'd get every opportunity. You look at a guy like Shiozaki whose entire career he's been considered a disappointment in terms of what was expected of him, but in 2020 he had a chance to have a long GHC Title reign and he rose to the occasion in the best way. There's no reason why Balor couldn't do similar.

Honestly though there's at least a dozen guys I'd say in WWE who, given the chance, could do that.

Roderick Strong resigns, call up to Raw or SD or off to AEW

I really don't get why Taya is in NXT especially since Maryse is back. Taya, Morrison, Maryse and Miz could be quite entertaining as a stable.

Miz the jerky leader.

Morrison the legitimate competitor in the men's division..

Taya the legitimate competitor in the women's division.

Maryse the scheming valet for all 3.

The shot with the 3 women would've looked better if they had updated Smackdown title's side plates.

I'll admit I like Indi obsessing over Dexter. It's stupid but fun.

So Kushida changed his gear to be more generic and wins.

Aichner and Barthel didn't look too impressed with Wolfe, but then Walter's promo later said Imperium would grow.

Not a fan of Franky carrying the dog. As seen with Mandy and others it's easy to slip and fall, never mind wearing heels and getting in and out of the ring. And think that was probably part of the reason her promo seemed so awkward.

Must be strange for WWE having a women's division where there isn't just 1 or 2 contenders for the title. Then Sarray debuting next week.

Not sure about Roderick. Will see I guess. Or can just google. :)
    If she hadn't been with Roddy, I wouldn't have recognised Marina.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Indi's horniness to get kidnapped is hilarious...

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/1382155619701039104

• Registered Users Posts: 60,423 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Franky Monet seriously what a stupid fcuking name to give Taya and she should have jumped straight in the with the Miz and Morrison for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Franky Monet seriously what a stupid fcuking name to give Taya and she should have jumped straight in the with the Miz and Morrison for me.

Miz Morrisson Monet Maryse.... The M People...writes itself!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

How much of a spare part must Dakota Kai feel like after that segment? Signed just as long or longer than all of them and has to quietly exit stage left while they have their photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,983 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Feck it I'm going to think it's Thursday now esp with the new NXT timeslot and the face 90% of the time I would of watched the recording Thursdays

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Cotts72

J. Marston wrote: »
    How much of a spare part must Dakota Kai feel like after that segment? Signed just as long or longer than all of them and has to quietly exit stage left while they have their photo.

Will probably just lead to a heel turn and Kai attacking her

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭ThePott

I still don't see the appeal of Raquel, she just seems very generic to me. Promo did her no favours in that respect. Assuming we're getting a Dakota turn for a feud at some point. Seriously they couldn't update the Smackdown title for Bianca? At least give her a generic WWE side plate. Aside from that cool moment having all the women from NXT holding titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,983 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

ThePott wrote: »
    I still don't see the appeal of Raquel, she just seems very generic to me. Promo did her no favours in that respect. Assuming we're getting a Dakota turn for a feud at some point. Seriously they couldn't update the Smackdown title for Bianca? At least give her a generic WWE side plate. Aside from that cool moment having all the women from NXT holding titles.

Daddy H was proud

How many times have we seen clips backstage after a title change where they change the side plates? Yet they couldn't do it for Bianca in 3 days?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

CastorTroy wrote: »
    How many times have we seen clips backstage after a title change where they change the side plates? Yet they couldn't do it for Bianca in 3 days?

Unless Sasha gets her rematch tomorrow and beats her :confused::confused:

Advertisement