Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda January intake 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Fabio_1988

AniaSz wrote: »
    Do you mean you have been signed off already??

Not sure. I never asked. She just said my vetting had come back and was cleared and complete?

I was just so excited not hearing "vetting outstanding" that I never questioned it further.

I might ring again in a week or two to double check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭fmp3d26og54yi9

Fabio_1988 wrote: »
    Not sure. I never asked. She just said my vetting had come back and was cleared and complete?

I was just so excited not hearing "vetting outstanding" that I never questioned it further.

I might ring again in a week or two to double check.

Oh great stuff! Good to hear invites go out in January for you. Hoping I get a date for my PCT in January.

Oh great stuff! Good to hear invites go out in January for you. Hoping I get a date for my PCT in January.

Are they doing PCT’s before medicals in this campaign? That’s new if they are. Might help things move quicker

Are they doing PCT’s before medicals in this campaign? That’s new if they are. Might help things move quicker

Yes they are. They said in Templemore on Saturday that this time we will get a form to be completed by our GP to give us sign off to do the PCT. Then if we pass that we do the medical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nm1995

How many people do the fitness test at a time? I get very nervous at these sort of things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 octopusprime

There will be 8 lanes for the fitness test.

As a side note, can we try and keep this thread relevant to January intake only?

There are people in this thread who have finished everything and are waiting for a call. This thread is useful for us all to see where we are.

There is another thread for those who want to discuss stage 4 and all questions about the fitness have been answered and can be discussed in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 montanas

There will be 8 lanes for the fitness test.

As a side note, can we try and keep this thread relevant to January intake only?

There are people in this thread who have finished everything and are waiting for a call. This thread is useful for us all to see where we are.

There is another thread for those who want to discuss stage 4 and all questions about the fitness have been answered and can be discussed in there.

Well said

No bothers lads! Best of luck to ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭RedDragon386

Joda96 wrote: »
    From September 2016, everything done just waiting on vetting as I lived abroad. Got called for a second medical in December so fingers crossed I get in for this intake

I'm from September 2016 also. l havent heard anything about a 2nd medical yet. That sounds promising for you getting January intake. Did they say about repeating the phsyical?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 pubsize

Hoping for January intake but vetting still outstanding. Worst case scenario if I don't get this intake does anybody have any idea when the next 1 or 2 intakes will be? Need to decide what I'm going to do after Christmas if not called for Jan. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭droptheworld

Didn’t think I’d be posting this but I passed my retest today. Vetting cleared. Here’s hoping for January :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Joda96

I'm from September 2016 also. l havent heard anything about a 2nd medical yet. That sounds promising for you getting January intake. Did they say about repeating the phsyical?

Yeah fingers crossed something comes of it, been a ridiculous wait. 3 of my friends just passed out there during the week which rubs it in even more haha!

Nothing about the physical as of yet anyway

Didn’t think I’d be posting this but I passed my retest today. Vetting cleared. Here’s hoping for January :D

Well done! Hopefully offers are out soon :)

Well done! Hopefully offers are out soon :)

I’m hoping for offers on the 14th is that too optimistic?

Fingers and toes crossed guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭gem112

I would be surprised if anything happens this side of Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Beepbeep2018

Hey,

Anyone been in the system more than a year? I rang HRM today cause I Passed my re test physical on Saturday and was told my vetting had to be done again. Has this happened to anyone? Does it take the same time?

Hey,

Anyone been in the system more than a year? I rang HRM today cause I Passed my re test physical on Saturday and was told my vetting had to be done again. Has this happened to anyone? Does it take the same time?

Sorry to hear that! I think we've all been in the system longer than a year at this, closer to 2 years in fact, but medical and physical have been completed well inside the past 12 months.

It's the first time I've heard of somebodies vetting needing to be completely re-done, my immediate thought was that they'd either lost your vetting file or hadn't started the process in the first place.

My advice would be to kick up a bit of a fuss about it, stay in constant contact with them, and hope it gets fast-tracked.

All the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭wizardofdodge

Hey,

WTF!!! Just can't win. Was your vetting complete prior to re-test or was your vetting status always incomplete?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

Hey,

Sounds fishy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Beepbeep2018

I’m not sure if it was ever complete my first time ringing them was today the person on the phone just said that after a year the re do your vetting it’s polociy apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭wizardofdodge

I’m not sure if it was ever complete my first time ringing them was today the person on the phone just said that after a year the re do your vetting it’s polociy apparently

Sounds odd, many people on this forum have been accepted to templemore lately from September 16 recruitment drive which in itself implies a longer than 1 year wait on vetting and are are getting called.
    I've never heard of anyone on this having this same issue.

Hey,

Did they say they received your results yet from Saturday? I did mine Saturday too and they said they haven’t received results yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Irishman87545

Anyone any word if a January class is looking in the cards ?heard word that there short numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,434 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Offers due in the next fortnight I would imagine.

Hopefully we hear something this side of Christmas anyways ,might ring hrm tomorrow and see first they know much more

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭RedDragon386

Apparently the word down in templemore is that the next intake is being pushed back to March

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Carles Puyol

Apparently the word down in templemore is that the next intake is being pushed back to March

Word from who? Is this speculation from trainees down there? The government have recently, and very publicly, committed to taking in 800 new recruits in 2019, and have already provided the funds to do so. Based on what was said here they struggled to fill the last intake, but to completely suspend this intake would be a bit of a step. Especially considering that there will be likely 100-300 new recruits from the 2018 campaign ready in the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rprat

I’m from the 2017 campaign and I was on to HRM this morning about my vetting but was told it was outstanding but wouldn’t tell me why! Do they normally say why or is just the person I got on the phone? I’ve passed everything so just waiting for this!

• Advertisement

Yeah hrm haven't much more information apart from the fact it's outstanding ,they don't play any part in the vetting

Advertisement