Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

I'm not a huge Kylie fan but I would love to see her play the picnic. (Fun Fact: saw a twitter meme recently that BLEW MY MIND. Kylie is older than Jacob Rees Mogg)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

Anyone get tickets in the post this week? My sister's boyfriend got his, wasn't an early bird ticket either

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blueberrypie

yes got 2 early bird tickets
    and another EP ticket I purchased earlier this month today in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Yeah, my early bird arrived this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Wouldn't it be lovely to get a surprise name next week. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭homosapien91

Wouldn't it be lovely to get a surprise name next week. :)

Would be nice way to round off 2018 alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Got mine this morning as well, I'll make another call for a camper van pass if anyone has a spare...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Spotted metronomy have a few gigs this summer, are they more ATN than Electric picnic these days? Sub headline to Tame Impala for Saturday would be ideal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Yowza!

Just seen that the legendary synth God that is Thomas Dolby is playing four of those "Let's Rock" festival dates in the UK next summer. Two in May, one in June and one in July. Likely to play Glasto also as the June gig is in Exeter on the 29th.

He's not over this side of the Atlantic very often so EP please please get him.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭dendof

No tickets for me. Just realised I missed installment in December. I changed banks and forgot about EP. I seem to remember reading that if you miss payment you lose the tickets. Anyone know if that's true? Will contact customer service first thing in the morning but maybe someone here knows...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Anyone else think it's on too late in the year, if they moved it to the last weekend in July we'd probably have Weezer and Smashing Pumpkins as there in Europe.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Anyone else think it's on too late in the year, if they moved it to the last weekend in July we'd probably have Weezer and Smashing Pumpkins as there in Europe.

Or just go to ATN :pac::pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Are you suggesting that EP are unable to secure the best bands because they are on at the end of August? Apart from the fact that they have their choice of the top artists (including Kendrick Lamar, who, love him or hate him, was one of the top acts in the world last year) each year, why would being on at the same time as other festivals (thus competing with them) make it easier to secure those bands?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Are you suggesting that EP are unable to secure the best bands because they are on at the end of August? Apart from the fact that they have their choice of the top artists (including Kendrick Lamar, who, love him or hate him, was one of the top acts in the world last year) each year, why would being on at the same time as other festivals (thus competing with them) make it easier to secure those bands?

Some bands decide to tour Europe May-mid August while others start Europe mid June-October.

It's logistics from bands and their tour management. So OP is correct in their assumption.

Merry Xmas festival goers, I hope you have a wonderful festive holiday and bring on the lineups. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Merry Xmas festival goers, I hope you have a wonderful festive holiday and bring on the lineups. :)

And many happy returns to you bodhrandude. Let the line-up excitement and frustration begin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Mucker46 wrote: »
    And many happy returns to you bodhrandude. Let the line-up excitement and frustration begin.

Happy Christmas to all you regulars. Thanks for all the laughs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

dendof wrote: »
    No tickets for me. Just realised I missed installment in December. I changed banks and forgot about EP. I seem to remember reading that if you miss payment you lose the tickets. Anyone know if that's true? Will contact customer service first thing in the morning but maybe someone here knows...

This happened to me last year - I rang Ticketmaster & they sorted it out for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Mr.S wrote: »

Of course they miss out on acts due to the timing and logistics. A lot of touring bands will plan to be in Europe June - August for the bigger European festivals. That's not to say they can't book big acts, but it plays a part.

But then you'll find yourself competing with those other festivals for the same pool of acts.

Besides, the suggestion was that EP would "probably" have Pumpkins and Weezer if it was in July, that's a very, very big stretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

Watching Isle of Wight 20 Best Moments on Sky Arts at the moment, anyone ever been? Looks class. Gets decent names every year too if these top 20 are anything to go by!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,159 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Watching Isle of Wight 20 Best Moments on Sky Arts at the moment, anyone ever been? Looks class. Gets decent names every year too if these top 20 are anything to go by!

Lineup was decent last year but ****è the year before. It gets a slightly older crowd I think. I’ve zero interest in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Thought about it, but logistically its a bit of a nightmare to get to, from Ireland its either;
    Drive = ferry to holyhead, drive to Southern England, then another ferry across to the festival
    or
    Flights carrying tent etc to London or Bristol, get a bus down to Southampton ferry across.

Both ways burn lots of time getting there + home. Can't imagine the journey home while suffering from the fear!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

But then you'll find yourself competing with those other festivals for the same pool of acts.

Besides, the suggestion was that EP would "probably" have Pumpkins and Weezer if it was in July, that's a very, very big stretch.

Why so? EP is amongst the biggest festivals in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

I f*n love Electric Picnic! Woo Woo

Like we're so lucky to have a world class fest in ireland. Got my ticket for 165euro loyalty. Great acts and good times.

Only thing we have to worry about is weather and to be fair if you dress right you're sorted.

Spend most of the time in Electric Arena anyway. Roll on end of August!! Woo

Any announcements for this yet, just want a few names to keep the excitement going.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Prefab Sprout album out on 1 Feb. No tour dates yet but they’d be one hell of an addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Prefab Sprout album out on 1 Feb. No tour dates yet but they’d be one hell of an addition.

Oh God, please. They'd be my dream act.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Seathrun66 wrote: »

Would defo go to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Oh wow that would be great!!!

Happy new year everyone....looking forward to the next few months of complaining about the wait for the announcement about the announcement, the initial line up....the wait for the next announcement, giving out about the acts announced for all together now and why didn’t ep book them...Complaining when picture this are announced as headliners, gutted when Robyn and Tama impala arnt on the line up..stressing about getting to green car park....coming back here then on the 4th September to give my critique on the whole weekend about how amazing it was and then buy my tickets the following Friday for 2020

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Happy new year and all that bollocks my beloved peeps

Advertisement