Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,984 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

F#6 did go bye bye

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Peterd66

Hoping for Rolling Blackouts CF, great album reminds me of Go betweens a lot (no bad thing).

Also proclaimers after last week's BBC 4 doc.

Pd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Peterd66 wrote: »
    Hoping for Rolling Blackouts CF, great album reminds me of Go betweens a lot (no bad thing).

Pd

I see Robert Forster is touring next year. I'd love to see him added.

Pd

Wow, I'm listening to Rolling Blackouts now, brilliant stuff! That's their 1st album? Real echoes of the Gobetweens alright. I'll be keeping an eye on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Wow, I'm listening to Rolling Blackouts now, brilliant stuff! That's their 1st album? Real echoes of the Gobetweens alright. I'll be keeping an eye on them.

Played here back in August. Brilliant band

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Stillill42 wrote:

They've also released two excellent 6 track eps, saw them at primavera and in Whelan's during the year. Doubt they'll still be touring the album in August though.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Forbidden fruit first acts out

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭mgkelly

Intriguing, eclectic, not bad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭homosapien91

Love this time of year when everyone starts making first announcements, except ep of course

• Registered Users Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I see Robert Forster is touring next year. I'd love to see him added.

I understand he does a lot of the GBs stuff so he’d be a great addition. Never seen him solo & he’d be ideal for Rankins Woods. My hopes for EP are mainly mid & lower tier.

• Advertisement

Some interesting stuff but unbothered about EP missing out on most. Jon Hopkins I’d hoped to see back though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Some interesting stuff but unbothered about EP missing out on most. Jon Hopkins I’d hoped to see back though.

Yeah was hoping for him and Paul kalkbrenner for ep

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭thebusher

One of my albums of the year.

thebusher wrote: »
    One of my albums of the year.

I have it on a loop since yesterday morning. Absolutely love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,984 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Pity about First Aid Kit, utterly love me some elbow but seen them 3 times in the last two years so not too pushed about them not being at EP.

(not an utter breeze as to who the rest are apart from Hopkins, bought his last effort and quite enjoyed it)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,574 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Pity about First Aid Kit, utterly love me some elbow but seen them 3 times in the last two years so not too pushed about them not being at EP.

(not an utter breeze as to who the rest are apart from Hopkins, bought his last effort and quite enjoyed it)

I'm the same. Would've loved to see them both at EP. Might have to see about a day ticket for FF just for this. (are there day tickets for FF?)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,689 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I'm the same. Would've loved to see them both at EP. Might have to see about a day ticket for FF just for this. (are there day tickets for FF?)

Yup Sat and Sun is only 2 day ticket. 3 day weekend ticket. Then day ticket for each day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Saw First Aid Kit at ATN last year. They were great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Tame Impala and Robyn both announced for Flow Festival in Helsinki a few weeks before EP, good to see Tame Impala will still be around Europe later in the summer and Robyn has a couple of festival dates in Scandanavia around then. Of the early candidates they are two of the acts I would love to see at EP next year so fingers crossed. We shared Kendrick Lamar, St Vincent and Sigrid with them last year.

Tame Impala and Robyn both announced for Flow Festival in Helsinki a few weeks before EP, good to see Tame Impala will still be around Europe later in the summer and Robyn has a couple of festival dates in Scandanavia around then. Of the early candidates they are two of the acts I would love to see at EP next year so fingers crossed. We shared Kendrick Lamar, St Vincent and Sigrid with them last year.

If this comes true Il actually have a meltdown

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id happy for Tame Impala to get announced for ATN :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Ficcss

Would love to see Gerry Cinnamon playing this year!

Pd

Finally caught it last night. Loved it and they'd be a great headliner for the Electric Arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Rfrip wrote: »
    If this comes true Il actually have a meltdown

Not get tickets?

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Not get tickets?

Oh sorry meltdown as is good meltdown!!they would be my dream!!!

Too much time on my hands tonight. Here's my EP wish list for Santa:

Tame Impala
    LCD Soundsystem
    Murder Capital
    Touts
    Seamus Fogarty
    Fontaines DC
    Shane McGowan (yes, back playing)
    Damien Dempsey
    Connan Mockasin
    Christine & the Queens
    SLF
    The House of Love
    Wire
    The Pop Group
    John Grant
    The Proclaimers
    Heaven 17
    Blancmange (way better than you'd expect)
    Manic Street Preachers
    Chuck Prophet
    Black Grape
    Oh Boland
    Teleman
    Foals
    The Wedding Present
    Childish Gambino
    Kamasi Washington
    The Streets
    Kool and the Gang

Just a few of those please Mr. Claus and I'll be forever grateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭mgkelly

That's quite some list!
    Would be surprised to see a jazz icon like Kamasi Washington there, but who knows.
    So, The House of Love back; that's something to see! Listened to a lot in early 90's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Good list Seathrun. This would be mine based on who I can see is playing festivals in 2019.

Tame Impala
    Robyn
    Hot Chip
    Bon Iver
    Mac Demarco
    Christine & the Queens
    Metronomy
    Little Dragon
    Beach House
    Kurt Vile
    Toro Y Moi
    The Streets
    Foals
    Floating Points
    Parcels
    Car Seat Headrest

And throw in a load of good DJs and Irish acts for good measure. Not asking for much!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,448 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Where's Aphex Twin in these lists :);)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Where's Aphex Twin in these lists :);)

Has he been announced for anything around July - August?

Advertisement