Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Comments

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Tigeress wrote: »
    I GOT MY POSITIVE :D!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it I'm shaking!!!! I've never felt so happy :) a nervous wreck as this is my third preg so fingers crossed for 3rd time lucky!!! I'm 17 days gone :)

Tigeress - SO happy for you!!!!!! *does happy dance*

Praying that you have a safe and happy pregnancy.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Neyite wrote: »
    Tigeress - SO happy for you!!!!!! *does happy dance*

Praying that you have a safe and happy pregnancy.:D

Thanks so much Neyite :) still in disbelief!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tigeress I'm absolutely delighted for you!!!!! So lovely to see good news here, it gives a girl a bit of hope!

DFT, hope you're enjoying a fab week in Tenerife, much deserved!

Good luck to the rest of us this month.

My cycle is gone mad, day 30 of cycle, was 28 days month previous & 30+ days last week. So very tempted to test today as I know we did do the deed on the day I was ovulating, but don't think chemist will be open by the time I finish work at 6pm, typical!
    Will hold off til tomorrow & see how it goes, though not getting my hopes up in any way at all.

Happy Easter everyone, hope ye get to go out and enjoy this heatwave we're having (currently 26 degrees in Kilkenny, ok so its in the car but still, it must be 20+ outside :) )

Time to crack out the icecreams methinks :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

I GOT MY POSITIVE :D!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it I'm shaking!!!! I've never felt so happy :) a nervous wreck as this is my third preg so fingers crossed for 3rd time lucky!!! I'm 17 days gone :)

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!:D:):D:):D:):D

Thats absolutely brilliant news!!! cheered me right up this weekend (cos im working...boo!!) You must be so so delighted!! Just stay positive and all will be well, dont let yourself worry about things that will most likely never happen! Enjoy this pregnancy and celebrate in style!!:D
    I love to hear success stories, as it reminds me it may just well be around the corner for me too!
    Best wishes to you, your other half and your precious little bean!! x

Thanks so much Cap & Dublinlady :) hopefully everything will be Ok this time round and I'll have a new year baba :)

Please God all goes well Tigeress & you'll have a happy & healthy pregnancy :)

So frustrating, I'm late (again :rolleyes:) currently on day 32 of my cycle (28 days last month) so started getting my hopes up.
    I've been quite good most months at not getting my hopes up too much, but I'd no menstrual cramps/other signs of period this month so stupidly started getting my hopes up.
    I bought a digital pregnancy test (they're eye wateringly dear aren't they? :eek: I'd forgotten - €22.99 for a 2 pack), drove home, nice sunny day visioning myself producing the 'pregnant' result for the other half when he got home, but got a big fat negative.
    I don't know what possessed me to get my hopes up so much this month, I think its because I'm sure we did the deed exactly when I was ovulating this month.

Still no sign of a period, I'm very tempted to test again the morning with first morning urine, though thinking maybe I should wait til Monday just in case.
    Anyhoo enough of my moaning, hope ye are all ok. Here's to next month instead :)

Aw Hun, I know how you feel, last month I had a 34 day cycle when normally 28-28 day cycles, it's so so frustrating. I know how hard it is but try to distract yourself for the next few days and try and leave testing again til Monday morning anyway, just cos the bloody things are so pricey! Plus it will do your spirits no good to be seeing negatives! Just presume it's your cycle having a funny month , as they so often can for what seems like no reason and then if you do get a positive on Monday then fantastic! Hope your ok , I know how much it can play on your mind, and if your not pregnant you just want your period to come so that you can start again... It's a bloody cruel time :(

I found out today my sister in law pregnant.. Obviously delighted for her but again...'just start to wonder... Will it ever be my turn...
    Chin up I suppose, we have to stay positive! :)

Thanks Dublinlady x Please God it will be your turn too, and soon :)

Girls this is a really embarrassing thing to ask & more a sign of how I'm clutching at straws than anything else :rolleyes::o:D

If I had done the bold thing within 6 hours of doing the pregnancy test, would the sperm dilute the urine & give a negative result?
    I know if you drink a lot later in the day it can dilute the hsg pregnancy hormone, just wondering if this could work the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭cordub

Thanks Dublinlady x Please God it will be your turn too, and soon :)

Girls this is a really embarrassing thing to ask & more a sign of how I'm clutching at straws than anything else :rolleyes::o:D

If I had done the bold thing within 6 hours of doing the pregnancy test, would the sperm dilute the urine & give a negative result?
    I know if you drink a lot later in the day it can dilute the hsg pregnancy hormone, just wondering if this could work the same?
    haha sorry to be vulgar but different hole and sperm goes nowhere near your kidneys or bladder:eek::eek:

cordub wrote: »
    haha sorry to be vulgar but different hole and sperm goes nowhere near your kidneys or bladder:eek::eek:

Thanks for the reply cordub, its ok, I know that its a different hole ;)

I know that the reason you're supposed to take pregnancy test in the morning as your urine is more concentrated therefore HCG levels will read higher.
    Thus drinking more liquids will dilute HCG & may give a false negative. That's why I was wondering if sperm in urine might have the same diluting effect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

:confused::D:confused::D

I just did a first response test as there is still no sign of my period. I didn't use first sample as I thought I'd have the patience to wait til tomorrow to test:rolleyes::o

I think it might be positive......There are definitely two lines, one is fainter than the other......just looked again, defo two lines.

Erm......:D:confused::D:confused::pac:

Right, off to my mothers for dinner. After weeks of being good, I'm gonna go STUFF MY FACE:D:D

Happy Easter everyone xxx

EDIT; I spent a bazillion euro on tests so I'll test again in the morning.

Oh my god lucyfur!!!!!!! Huge huge huge congrats!!!!!! Wow!! When I got my positive first it was so so faint, and then the next day a slightly stronger first response, and then the next a positive on clearblue digital!! If there is any hint or a line it is a positive!!!!! Yippee!!
    Loving the good news on here at the mo!! Im convinced it's easier to get pregnant in the summer, to do with warmth etc! So bring on the next few positives people.. Oh and please please please let mine be one of them!! :)

Lucyfur wrote: »

I just did a first response test as there is still no sign of my period. I didn't use first sample as I thought I'd have the patience to wait til tomorrow to test:rolleyes::o

I think it might be positive......There are definitely two lines, one is fainter than the other......just looked again, defo two lines.

Right, off to my mothers for dinner. After weeks of being good, I'm gonna go STUFF MY FACE:D:D

WELL DONE and congrats .its not possible to get a false positive as has been proven on here during the week yeha another mammy in the making well done you , enjoy the dinner cause in a few weeks you will be prob puking;);)

Thanks for the reply cordub, its ok, I know that its a different hole ;)

I know that the reason you're supposed to take pregnancy test in the morning as your urine is more concentrated therefore HCG levels will read higher.
    Thus drinking more liquids will dilute HCG & may give a false negative. That's why I was wondering if sperm in urine might have the same diluting effect.
    ah sorry about that was trying humour :rolleyes::rolleyes: no it doesnt dilute it as the sperm goes directly into your uterus and nowhere near your waterworks am guessing you prob know this , good luck with the TTC though it will happen just a matter of time for you , fingers and toes crossed for you ;)

Lucyfur - thats brilliant!! You know what they say, a line is a line :D Massive Congrats to you hon!

You mean if the semen drips into your urine sample while you are filling it? Not sure - it did occur to me too with the OPKs. It possibly could is my uneducated guess, but if you use the first sample of the day then you would be pretty sure of getting an accurate result.

Lucyfur - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! SO delighted for you! What a lovely suprise for Easter! I'm absolutely thrilled for you x

cordub wrote: »
    ah sorry about that was trying humour :rolleyes::rolleyes: no it doesnt dilute it as the sperm goes directly into your uterus and nowhere near your waterworks am guessing you prob know this , good luck with the TTC though it will happen just a matter of time for you , fingers and toes crossed for you ;)

Lol sorry I thought you were being serious :D:eek: That's what I get for staying up too late :o:D
    I was clutching at straws hoping for my positive result but its not to be this month, another negative this morning, still no sign of AF which is really irritating.
    I wish it'd just hurry up and start so I can start another cycle :)

Thank you ladies, you are all so lovely. I honestly don't know what I'd do without ye:D

It's all a bit surreal. It's only a month since I miscarried. The doctor did say the I'd be very fertile in the first couple of months after the miscarrige, and I know I ovulated about two weeks ago......but I really didn't think anything would happen this soon. I'm gonna test again in the morning. I have 2 of the clearblue digital tests.

xxx

OMG Lucyfur!!!! Congrats hun xxxx so happy for you :)

Ladies, I hope you don't mind if I ask a question... I tried asking on the preg chat but they're not very responsive... I have quite noticeable cramps in both my sides and uterus on and off for 2 weeks now.. I looked online which I honestly wish I hadn't as there is so much it could be! It's not severe by any indication it is however annoying and noticeable! I don't know if I should be worried as it was Alot worse last week & seems to have gotten to a steady stage where it's neither getting worse or better.. I'm staying positive but at the same time so nervous as per prev preg experiences & the worry of etopic :( anyone ever heard of this happening?

I hope I find you all well :) and having a great Easter break xxx

• Advertisement

Thank you ladies, you are all so lovely. I honestly don't know what I'd do without ye:D

It's all a bit surreal. It's only a month since I miscarried. The doctor did say the I'd be very fertile in the first couple of months after the miscarrige, and I know I ovulated about two weeks ago......but I really didn't think anything would happen this soon. I'm gonna test again in the morning. I have 2 of the clearblue digital tests.

xxx

Lucyfur, I got a faint line with a Doc Test & then got a Clearblue Digital! It was worth the price I have to say as there is no wondering :) it's defo good though hun xxx can't wait to see your post tomorrow!

Ladies, I hope you don't mind if I ask a question... I tried asking on the preg chat but they're not very responsive... I have quite noticeable cramps in both my sides and uterus on and off for 2 weeks now.. I looked online which I honestly wish I hadn't as there is so much it could be! It's not severe by any indication it is however annoying and noticeable! I don't know if I should be worried as it was Alot worse last week & seems to have gotten to a steady stage where it's neither getting worse or better.. I'm staying positive but at the same time so nervous as per prev preg experiences & the worry of etopic :( anyone ever heard of this happening?

Tigeress, it's a good sign if the cramps are easing. As you said, it could be a sign of ectopic...but I think if it was that, the cramps wouldn't be easing? Could it be implantation cramping? I really don't know....I would make a doctors appointment hon, just to put your mind at ease xx

Thanks hun.. My Doc doesn't open again till Tues so gonna call him & see what he thinks..
    You must be over the moon hun xx

Thanks hun.. My Doc doesn't open again till Tues so gonna call him & see what he thinks..
    You must be over the moon hun xx

My doctor is next to impossible to get an appointment with. Gonna ring on Tuesday and I'm HOPING I'll get an appointment within the next fortnight:)

I think I'll be more excited if I get another positive. I am excited but it hasn't sunk in properly at all yet:eek: Looking forward to testing with fist urine sample of the day tomorrow. Keeping everything crossed for a sticky bean:D

xx

oh Tigeress i know what a worry can be, i had SEVERE cramps for about 5 days before i miscarried, bu i mean they were keeping me awake at night, i was literally lying huddled up with the pain on the bathroom floor!! seriousy severe...somehow i still managed to convince myself that everything was ok, it clearly wasnt. What i did learn at that time was that cramps (just not sever ones!!) are very common and normal during early pregnancy, they are just a sign of the uterus wall stretching and growing!!:):) Please try not to worry, if they get severe or if you get any spotting at all do go to the doctor or to the early pregnancy unit in your hospital just to be on the safe side!!
    You can spend so much time worrying, and with previous bad experience i imagine its hard not to, but what your lovely little baby needs now is positivity, so unless your body gives you more signs that something is seriously wrong then just try your best not to worry!
    Never feel bad about asking questions in here now just because you are pregnant, we are all experts at early pregnancy and are just so delighted to know your journey and share in your good news that we will always be happy to help if we can at all!!:D

dublinlady wrote: »
    oh Tigeress i know what a worry can be, i had SEVERE cramps for about 5 days before i miscarried, bu i mean they were keeping me awake at night, i was literally lying huddled up with the pain on the bathroom floor!! seriousy severe...somehow i still managed to convince myself that everything was ok, it clearly wasnt. What i did learn at that time was that cramps (just not sever ones!!) are very common and normal during early pregnancy, they are just a sign of the uterus wall stretching and growing!!:):) Please try not to worry, if they get severe or if you get any spotting at all do go to the doctor or to the early pregnancy unit in your hospital just to be on the safe side!!
    You can spend so much time worrying, and with previous bad experience i imagine its hard not to, but what your lovely little baby needs now is positivity, so unless your body gives you more signs that something is seriously wrong then just try your best not to worry!
    Never feel bad about asking questions in here now just because you are pregnant, we are all experts at early pregnancy and are just so delighted to know your journey and share in your good news that we will always be happy to help if we can at all!!:D

Thanks so much DL you are so right! I did read on 1 site what you said about the wall growing.. I hope it's that & am convincing myself of it! :) I feel so different this time round & hoping it's all good! I'm getting evening sickness which I didn't get stall last time! The cramps are very tolerable & I can defo sleep through them! They're hard to explain.. I might give the hospital a call on Tues to see what they say instead of my Doc for extra reassurance.. But you've eased my mind :) thanks so much for that xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

It's very normal to cramp in early pregnancy, usually one sided but can be both. So long as they are not severe or accompanied with any bleeding then you should try not to worry. Even though your pregnancy is very early on, there is a lot of stretching and growing happening on the uterus and the round ligaments (the round ligaments stretching later in the pregnancy can be REALLY sore!) There is also alot of burrowing into your uterine wall which I can only imagine would contribute to the discomfort, and also there is a huge increase in blood supply to the area! So all in all, there is ALOT going on in a vert compact little space!

Try not to worry, relax and enjoy this special time. If you feel positive about this pregnancy, then I believe that it will be fine. I'm a strong believer in womens instincts, so you are probably positive for a reason :)

When is your due date? Its probably around my little girls birthday? (January)

Thanks CCL :) very glad to hear! So glad I have you guys! Undone know what I'd do without ya :) you & DL have put my at ease :D the Doc didn't say my due date.. He wreckens I'm 5 weeks gone guessing from my last period, however I got positive ovulation on the sticks on 5th & 6th of theis month.. Which I'm guessing 5th Jan.. Although I'm reading 'what to expect when you're expecting' the new edition (4) and she says you count 2 weeks before you concise as part of your 40 weeks.. Onlynoart way through so hoping it's explained lol! I'm going with 3 weeks but if the doc &
    Book are right it's 5 weeks..
    How old is your little girl? :)

She is nearly 16 months, born the 4th Jan. When was your LMP? I'll work out your due date on my wheel!

Thanks CCL :) very glad to hear! So glad I have you guys! I don't know what I'd do without ya :) you & DL have put my at ease :D the Doc didn't say my due date.. He wreckens I'm 5 weeks gone guessing from my last period, however I got positive ovulation on the sticks on 5th & 6th of this month.. Which I'm guessing 5th Jan.. Although I'm reading 'what to expect when you're expecting' the new edition (4) and she says you count 2 weeks before you concise as part of your 40 weeks.. Only part way through so hoping it's explained lol! I'm going with 3 weeks but if the doc &
    Book are right it's 5 weeks..
    How old is your little girl? :)

Thought I'd re-post as my stupid iPhone changes and re-spells words like there is no tomorrow lol

She is nearly 16 months, born the 4th Jan. When was your LMP? I'll work out your due date on my wheel!

Sorry hun, what's LMP?

• Advertisement

Sorry! Last Menstrual Period. First date of your last period

Sorry hun, what's LMP?

It's your Last Menstrual Period:)

Feel so blonde lol and I'm a brunette! My last cycle was 7th March and it's 32 days :)

16th December :D

Feel so blonde lol and I'm a brunette! My last cycle was 7th March and it's 32 days :)

That makes you 7 weeks tomorrow!!!! Doesn't it?? I think I'm right lol:D

16th December :D

Really? Am I longer than I thought?! My Clearblue Digital said only 2-3 weeks! Oh I feel so silly lol yet an Xmas Baby :) so excited hehe

Lucyfur, just seen you got a positive too! Congratulations :D

That makes you 7 weeks tomorrow!!!! Doesn't it?? I think I'm right lol:D

It does make 7 weeks! I honestly thought only 3 weeks tomorrow!

Really? Am I longer than I thought?! My Clearblue Digital said only 2-3 weeks! Oh I feel so silly lol yet an Xmas Baby :) so excited hehe

Eek!!! That threw me too on the clear blue. It's a conception indicator, so you can add another couple 'o weeks on to what it says:)

If all goes to plan, my due date is the 30th Dec:cool:

The clearblue goes from conception, but your due date is worked out from the first day of your last period so you already have 3 weeks clocked up before sperm meets egg on a 32 day cycle!

• Advertisement

Lucyfur, just seen you got a positive too! Congratulations :D

Thanks hun!! I'm still a bit ''am I or am I not?''

I'm hoping I am.....:D

Eek!!! That threw me too on the clear blue. It's a conception indicator, so you can add another couple 'o weeks on to what it says:)

If all goes to plan, my due date is the 30th Dec:cool:

We'll be so close together :) I might call Portlaoise on Tues & see if I can get an early scan! They told me they'd do one early because of the M/C s..
    I don't want to seem overly hopeful but are you sure I'm so far along? I'm so happy lol

A positive is a positive! :D

It defo is Lucyfur! You'll see in the morning :)

We'll be so close together :) I might call Portlaoise on Tues & see if I can get an early scan! They told me they'd do one early because of the M/C s..
    I don't want to seem overly hopeful but are you sure I'm so far along? I'm so happy lol

Absolutely! I'm a midwife :)

You are;) That's fantastic!!! I'm so so SO happy for you!!

I discussed conceiving again with my doctor in the days after the miscarriage. She said I would be scanned early when I went on to conceive again:cool:

So glad i posted tonight :) thanks so so much CCL :) don't suppose you're in Portlaoise hehe
    That means my little peanut has a heartbeat now too?!

Even if one of the lines is fainter than the other? I didn't test using the first urine sample and I had had lots of water and tea before I tested.....I'm hoping thats why the line was fainter?

No i'm afraid not! I'm actually doing research at the minute :)

Should be a little heartbeat please god, that you'll be able to see on ultrasound but it's too early to be heard with a doppler.

• Advertisement

CCL can I ask ya a question as a mid-wife? How come they count so far back? Would I be able to see anything on a scan now or still to early?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement