Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man slaps reporters ass live on air

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Such dismally thick posts.

This actually has me in knots laughing. Thank you Raconteuse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Can't do anything these days
    You can't even slap people on the arse - it's so unfair! :( :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,316 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Not true the poster does have a point it is all one way and women know it.

Women can smack mens arses to thier hearts content.
    The fella will at worst laugh it off, at best be flattered.

Years ago the majority of women used to have the same reaction to having thier ass smacked. As men would have had happened to them vice-versa.

I got to admit the whole thing smacks of hypocrisy.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Man slaps a woman's arse = uproar

Woman slaps a man's arse = deafening silence

That seems to be the way of it these days, but equality and so on and so forth.....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,344 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Glad you agree and hopefully you will call out women doing it to men

Check them.

Or is it only a scandal if men do it to women?

• Advertisement

Man slaps a woman's arse = uproar

Woman slaps a man's arse = deafening silence

That seems to be the way of it these days, but equality and so on and so forth.....

This seems to be what women consider equality?

wiggle16 wrote: »
    This actually has me in knots laughing. Thank you Raconteuse!
    Like, sh1t sandwich level thick.

They all know it's a completely crap thing to do - to fecking slap someone's arse while on camera doing their job, unable to react... I mean, it's a rotten thing to do. And they know it. But it's essential that they downplay it simply because she's a woman. End of.

You are being deliberately obtuse I thin. And missing the point I am making.
    But if you want to go the sensationalist/empowerment/new age feminism route fire away.

Like, sh1t sandwich level thick.

They all know it's a completely crap thing to do - to fecking slap someone's arse while on camera doing their job, unable to react... I mean, it's a rotten thing to do. And they know it. But it's essential that they downplay it simply because she's a woman. End of.

Such a sh1t sandwich level response. Absolute pure scutter.

Racon I saw women acting in a grossly invasive way only last night and when the man objected he was told to

“Man up”

“Grow a pair”

“Are ye gay ye must be”

“Ffs get a life will ye”

Charming behavior isn’t it!?

What’s good for the goose....

What’s your opinion on the above rac?

• Advertisement

Not true the poster does have a point it is all one way and women know it.

Women can smack mens arses to thier hearts content.
    The fella will at worst laugh it off, at best be flattered.

Years ago the majority of women used to have the same reaction to having thier ass smacked. As men would have it is has happened to them vice-versa.

I got to admit the whole thing smacks of hypocrisy.

Was at my christmas party last week and my female colleagues were slapping my male colleagues arses and ripping open their shirts and not a word was said.

Now personally I honestly couldn't care less, we were out for a bit of craic but swap the genders in that first paragraph and imagine the scandal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I understand all that but how is it you never hear of a man suing a woman for smacking him on the arse. I was smacked on the arse at work by a woman there were witnesses. Did I feel violated maybe I should have... I just laughed.
    Should I have went to counselling?

The bit that annoys me is the moral high ground holier than thou posts like yours. It seems to only go one way.
    I remember reading Lilly Allen got in bed with fella she did not know unannounced. Is that sexual harassment or is it not because the man is less likely to say no.

There seems to be a a real societal hypocrisy and game around the whole issue these days.

I’ve had my arse grabbed by both men and women. I just laughed it off. It’s not like it’s a particularly sensitive part of the body. If I put my hand on a females shoulder to let they know I’m passing behind her in a crowd, is that assault??

Apparently so, hypocrisy of the highest order but welcome to the modern world.

Equality doesn't exist and never will.

It seems ppl like racontuese are complete hypocrites when the gender is reversed.

It’s quite revealing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

ollkiller wrote: »
    Exactly and i mean exactly the post i thought you would come in with.

I know. It’s a script at this point. I guess that poster is happy to make a completely trite point.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

Glad you agree and hopefully you will call out women doing it to men

Check them.

Or is it only a scandal if men do it to women?

Honest to God what is wrong with you?

Do you do this whole "well, when it's the OTHER way around quack quack quack" nonsense generalisation every time you hear of one person behaving badly to another?

You know full well it's not only an issue for women, those of us who think this behaviour is not okay have said it's not okay for anyone to behave like that, male or female.

I was disgusted to the pit of my stomach over the behaviour of some women I saw last night at a social event.

They were mauling and pawing a middle aged quiet married man

He mildly objected and he was subjected to fierce sustained humiliation from the women

“Are ye gay ye must be”

“Grow a pair”

“Man up will ye”

“Get a life ye sad case”

It was revolting.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,133 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Its amazing what qualifies as world news these days.

I suppose they have time to fill on 24hr news channels.

February 1st 2020. Head into Dublin City in the evening. Anywhere with a concentration of bars. Watch how many women try to pull up kilts. Feb 2nd 2020. Buy any Irish paper, see how many women have been arrested for sexual assault.

Rightly so if the genders were reversed there would be outrage anger and fury.

But it’s a two way street. Equality means rights and duties on both sides

• Advertisement

What a non event, the look on her face though was funny. She would want to get over herself along with anyone who sees it as anything other than a bit of craic and a laugh.

I’d a few women feeling up my arse in a pub a few weeks ago, I had a great laugh at it as did my oh. Couldn’t understand someone getting bothered about it.

It’s the “do as I say, not as I do” era. Same as Hollywood stars bleating on about global warming while racking up the air miles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Reviews and Books Galore

wiggle16 wrote: »
    Honest to God what is wrong with you?

Do you do this whole "well, when it's the OTHER way around quack quack quack" nonsense generalisation every time you hear of one person behaving badly to another?

You know full well it's not only an issue for women, those of us who think this behaviour is not okay have said it's not okay for anyone to behave like that, male or female.

It's to point out hyprocisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Oh ffs. Get over it.
    Odelay wrote: »
    It was only a bit of fun ffs.
    I feel the same :p
    Like yeah, he shouldnt have done it. But when you take the horrible things happening in the world this don't mean nothing.

Funny tho :pac:
    A bit of fun that has been way overblown. She probably would be delighted with the attention of the camera wasn’t rolling. Now it’s become a me too and times up band wagon issue.

A cute selection of whatthefuckery!

I don't know why I bother even clicking on threads in After Hours any more. It the same old crap constantly. Like a shower of Trumpbots... grab her by the fanny she should be flattered by the attention. :rolleyes:

I've been slapped on the ass too and have never sued anybody. But this woman has evidence, so she's free to have at it. If a man wants to sue someone for similar sexual harassment, he's free to have at it. It's no skin off my back because I don't treat people that way.

The rest of your post just sounds like whining.

Rubbish. A man wants to sue a woman for sexual harrasment? When is that ever likely to happen.
    I challenge you to find one single case of a man suing a woman in the same scenario.

I think women and litigious america are actually doing women a disservice by sensationalising incidents like the above. It makes a farce of serious sexual assault. 'Violated' etc .

That is my view on it anyway. But sure we look well on the way to be the 51st state now.
    People identity with this 'american culture' in Ireland now and I think that is a bit sad.

I can remember hearing on radio a father was upset because his young daughter age 12 kissed another 12 year old boy. Not because of the kiss but because of the reaction of the girls friends they shunned her. As they said that she should have got consent! They are still going out with each other he said by the way.

So I think all in all this empowerment/consent issue is actually doing more harm that good. Obviously in the OP's post it is clear cut.
    But the sensationalist reaction afterwards?

I have seen other cases where a male reporter got his trousers (by a male messing) pulled down.

Women seem dying to turn it into something else and make everything a big issue. The hyperbolic blinkered nature of some of posts on this thread prove it.

It was in america I think. Did he sue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Reviews and Books Galore

I'm sorry, but I actually believe that he could have slapped her back from reading up on the case. Which, before people say that nobody should touch anybody, back slapping is not sexual and is actually part of the whole sporty culture.

Tbh, I kind of believe that he did not, if he did, inted to actually slap her bottom. I am sure we will find out as she reported it to the police and there are most probably other videos from the event.

Here is her twitter if you would like to read up on it.

https://twitter.com/wsavalexb?lang=en

Here's an article:

https://nypost.com/2019/12/10/runner-who-slapped-tv-reporters-behind-speaks-out-i-got-caught-up-in-the-moment/

In other news:

Women who are disagreeing with the reporter are being called handmaidens by feminist groups :D I am vague on the details of the story, but it's like people being likened to either people who facilitate rape or breeding machines depending on how the word is used.

What a mad world we live.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,069 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

A cute selection of whatthefuckery!

I don't know why I bother even clicking on threads in After Hours any more. It the same old crap constantly. Like a shower of Trumpbots... grab her by the fanny she should be flattered by the attention. :rolleyes:

I'm a bloke and I'm telling you, if someone did that to my daughter or missus, they'd get a smack in the face and then be told to "get over it".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Rubbish. A man wants to sue a woman for sexual harrasment? When is that ever likely to happen.
    I challenge you to find one single case of a man suing a woman in the same scenario.

I think women and litigious america are actually doing women a disservice by sensationalising incidents like the above. It makes a farce of serious sexual assault. 'Violated' etc .

That is my view on it anyway. But sure we look well on the way to be the 51st state now.
    People identity with this 'american culture' in Ireland now and I think that is a bit sad.

I can remember hearing on radio a father was upset because his young daughter age 12 kissed another 12 year old boy. Not because of the kiss but because of the reaction of the girls friends they shunned her. As they said that she should have got consent! They are still going out with each other he said by the way.

So I think all in all this empowerment/consent issue is actually doing more harm that good. Obviously in the OP's post it is clear cut.
    But the sensationalist reaction afterwards?

I have seen other cases where a male reporter got his trousers (by a male messing) pulled down.

Women seem dying to turn it into something else and make everything a big issue. The hyperbolic blinkered nature of some of posts on this thread prove it.

It was in america I think. Did he sue

Whine, whine, whine. That's all this is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

What's with your attitude towards women? What happened in your life to make you so suspicious of us and regard us as despicable and hateful, seemingly across the board? Your mother?

• Advertisement

What are ye on about? Where the hell did I say it's ok to slap a man on the arse. Oh that's right - I didn't. Only ye brought that up. What hypocrisy? Who else said it's ok for a woman to slap a man on the arse. Bingo - nobody. Your whiny whatabouting is causing you to imagine things. It's not complicated - criticism of something happening to women does not mean being ok with the same thing happening to men.

It's crappy of anyone to slap anyone on the arse - and particularly if they're in the middle of a live broadcast.

Only ye are making it about the sex of the person - and this babble about empowerment and feminism and viewing mistreatment of men as equality: again, all in your heads. And idiotic women who do slap men's arses - why are you saying all women do that and are ok with it Beechwood? Never in my life did it or thought it was ok. And women deserve a smack on the arse because some imbecilic women smack men on the arse? You really need to think stuff through. Your comment too "she probably enjoyed it if the camera wasn't rolling" - stay classy.

And apparently women felt flattered or thought it was just a laugh years ago. No evidence for this of course but must be true.

I wouldn't sue obviously but it's fecking annoying getting your arse slapped by a stranger. It's obnoxiously rude.

She's going OTT now (much to the delight of folk here) but just looking at the incident by itself, it was an objectively sh1tty thing to do, which they know full well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement