Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man slaps reporters ass live on air

Options
  • 12-12-2019 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/world/man-who-groped-reporter-on-live-tv-there-was-a-misjudge-in-character-and-decision-making/ar-AAK3jSO?ocid=spartanntp

So here is the story:
    MSN: The runner accused of groping a reporter on live TV spoke out in a new interview, denying that he purposefully slapped the woman's behind while she was on camera.

"I was caught up in the moment," Tommy Callaway told Inside Edition in an interview released Tuesday. "I was getting ready to bring my hands up and wave to the camera to the audience, there was a misjudge in character and decision-making. I touched her back; I did not know exactly where I touched her."
    A video of Callaway slapping WSAV reporter Alex Bozarjian's butt while she was covering a run in Savannah, Georgia went viral over the weekend.

Have to admit, it's funny :pac:
    Not saying the ass grabbing is funny. Just him, being so stupid to do it on live TV then says he touched her back. Oh and "he is a 43-year-old father of two who also serves as a church youth minister and Boy Scout leader, according to Inside Edition." :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/world/man-who-groped-reporter-on-live-tv-there-was-a-misjudge-in-character-and-decision-making/ar-AAK3jSO?ocid=spartanntp

So here is the story:

Have to admit, it's funny :pac:
    Not saying the ass grabbing is funny. Just him, being so stupid to do it on live TV then says he touched her back. Oh and "he is a 43-year-old father of two who also serves as a church youth minister and Boy Scout leader, according to Inside Edition." :pac:

Doesn't surprise me TBH.

Holier than Thou types tend to be like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

The look of shock/disgust/sadness on her face was a bit heartbreaking :(

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭TwoMonthsOff

Oh ffs. Get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Odelay

It was only a bit of fun ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Odelay wrote: »
    It was only a bit of fun ffs.

Not really.

I doubt you would think that if it was your significant other or daughter.

Look, this stuff comes with the territory if you're going to be out and about with the public and interacting with same. It's been blown up for sure but it's still behaviour that's simply not on or acceptable.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Another idiot who doesn't know the rules.
    What a langer, she was just doing her job.
    Church youth minister and scout leader.

Typical to be honest.

He's gotten the fame he's looking for.

No doubt his lord will forgive him and he'll think it'll blow over..

If a guy sitting in his car in a wood land in South Galway heard about it you can be dam sure its viral...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Oh ffs. Get over it.

I feel the same :p
    Like yeah, he shouldnt have done it. But when you take the horrible things happening in the world this don't mean nothing.

Funny tho :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

No woman should EVER have to put up with this at work or anywhere!!

Smells like a compo claim against the employer is in the offing...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The cheek....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Anybody dismissing this as a joke and that this girl is looking for compo needs to take a long hard look at themselves. Did you not see the girl's reaction when it happened? Her look of shock and embarrassment wasn't faked for compo reasons and she didn't think it was fun. What gives this asshole the right to do anything to her? I hope he's facing repercussions.
    If that happened to my wife or daughter, I'd be hunting the fecker down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

If it were my wife/sister/daughter, then yeah, I'd be extremely annoyed about it.

In comparison to things I've seen men deal with on a daily basis in their workplaces... really this isn't that big of a deal.

But that doesn't matter, probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭brevity

Dont slap people’s asses. It’s a simple rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    Anybody dismissing this as a joke and that this girl is looking for compo needs to take a long hard look at themselves. Did you not see the girl's reaction when it happened? Her look of shock and embarrassment wasn't faked for compo reasons and she didn't think it was fun. What gives this asshole the right to do anything to her? I hope he's facing repercussions.

Don't get your knickers in a knot, might fall off your high horse there... the compensation remark was based on her carefully worded tweet - after the event, not her genuinely shocked reaction at the time of the event.

Absolutely outraged I am

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

"Teen youth minister"
    If included in thread title I could have saved the click.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Someone's been watching too many Liam Neeson films.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

You stay classy, AH.

Her reaction is like Bishop Brennan getting kicked up the arse.

Or the time the water pipe burst and the Bishop was soaked on Fr Ted again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

Boys will be boys.

Ah no but seriously I'm gonna need to see the item in question before passing judgement.

Sometimes one just can't help oneself.

Amirite guys? ... guys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

What do you expect with the woman haters on this forum.

They know full well that you don't slap someone's arse when they're doing their job on live TV. They know it's not just a bit of fun. And what way must a person's mind work if they think it smells of a compo claim against the employer when there is literally not so much as the slightest whiff of that.

Of course there are worse things but there are zero grounds for dismissing this other than to look edgy.

And yeah naturally he would be a Christian minister.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

brevity wrote: »
    Dont slap people’s asses. It’s a simple rule.

It's not one of the ten commandments so it's grand

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

If only there was a cop around. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,596 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It's not one of the ten commandments so it's grand

'You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his manservant, or his maidservant, or his ox, or his ass, or anything that is your neighbor’s.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

Raconteuse wrote: »
    He's always doing that - posting something moronic and then scuttling off.

He's also an "As a parent" type and would be full of bravado if it was his daughter.

The classic misogynist. No issue with a woman being on the receiving end of a sexually-motivated assault, but a different story altogether if the woman happens to be his 'possession'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MrAbyss

Immature and just completely wrong. The look on her face was sincere. Not nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Reviews and Books Galore

Here's an interview if anybody is interested. Strangely antagonistic lady in the green dress tbh.

It was an accident fair enough, but if not, then it is on my first reaction bad, but then I imagined the genders reversed and I would just take the apology tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭collywobble7

nthclare wrote:
    He's gotten the fame he's looking for.

Somehow I doubt he was hoping to be indentified.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

He's probably a "pro-lifer".

Tie his ass to the bridge next year and let every last finisher slap it going past.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

There's nothing funny about belittling someone like that. Even worse to do it when they are in a situation where you know they can't react. Cowardly and disrespectful to someone just doing their job.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Not really.

I doubt you would think that if it was your significant other or daughter.

Look, this stuff comes with the territory if you're going to be out and about with the public and interacting with same. It's been blown up for sure but it's still behaviour that's simply not on or acceptable.

If the roles were reversed and it was a woman grabbing a male reporters arse it'd be a hilarious meme. It was far from sexual assault.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement