Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man slaps reporters ass live on air

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

Pherekydes wrote: »
    He's probably a "pro-lifer".

Tie his ass to the bridge next year and let every last finisher slap it going past.

Would that not make them all as guilty as him?

Ass slapping is wrong, lets right that wrong by all slapping ass???

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

If the roles were reversed and it was a woman grabbing a male reporters arse it'd be a hilarious meme. It was far from sexual assault.

No it wouldn't. Gender doesn't come into this. Male or female just keep your hands to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

If the roles were reversed and it was a woman grabbing a male reporters arse it'd be a hilarious meme. It was far from sexual assault.

To be fair, a woman was recently convicted of grabbing a guy as he was talking in front of the camera in The States...

People grabbing other people is just knuckledragging stuff full stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Who said it was sexual assault?

Some idiots would consider it a hilarious meme if it were a male reporter being slapped on the arse by a woman - not seeing how that makes it open season to dismiss this.

Don't slap a stranger's arse - any time, let alone when they're reporting live on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Plopsu

Did that guy even watch the video before he came out with that 'cover story'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Bio Mech wrote: »
    Would that not make them all as guilty as him?

Ass slapping is wrong, lets right that wrong by all slapping ass???

Yes, of course it would. The second part of my post was purely facetious.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Odelay wrote: »
    It was only a bit of fun ffs.

When i saw that you had 1 thanks for your post and it was weldinho i lol'd.

If it's only a bit of fun give us your address and i'll do it to you a few times. See how much fun it is then. If you can't comprehend that touching someone else's ass without permission is wrong there's not much hope for you. And normally people who go it's only a bit of fun do it themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭facehugger99

AH used to be a bit of craic.

Then the po-faced woke-brigade took over and ruined everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Lirange

Wife was grabbed by some wankstain in a car park a few weeks ago. And not for the first time. She’s sick of it. I’m sick of it. Perhaps the law needs to come down harder on these odious chancers? Too many are not getting the message.

Plenty of things to laugh and joke about dude. Funnily enough i don't laugh when people smack other people's asses without permission. Damn my parents for actually raising me right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Why must you turn every thread into an "if this was the other way around" type scenario to belittle and downplay shítty things that happen to women, in order to make it seem like men have it worse?

Both genders have their struggles.
    But this thread isn't about a man, its about a woman who was disrespected and deameaned to a live audience in a sutuation where she needed to remain professional and couldn't react.

How about everyone just keeps their hands to themselves, because no one is entitled to invade another persons space, both male and female? Why make it into a competition?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

It's a sad day when a middle-aged man can't slap the arse of a woman half his age without the po-faced woke-brigade ruining everything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

I slapped a girls arse in an office about 10 year ago. Fuming she was.

Exactly and i mean exactly the post i thought you would come in with.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

All the fellas on here saying it's just a bit of craic, people should lighten up etc, I'd love to see their reaction if some random man came up behind them and smacked their arse. Pretty sure it wouldn't be belly laughs. But women just have to be nice and accept it right?

Smacking someone like that isnt acceptable, regardless of gender, and it wouldn't be a hilarious meme if the roles were reversed. Even if it was then those same people would still be saying the "if the roles were reversed and a man did that to a woman blah blah ", they'd love it to get a few digs in about how bad men have it.

Imagine thinking someone can't be any craic if they object to a person slapping someone's arse while they're doing their job on live tv.
    SusieBlue wrote: »
    Why must you turn every thread into an "if this was the other way around" type scenario to belittle and downplay shítty things that happen to women, in order to make it seem like men have it worse?
    It's as sure as night following day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

Because he's the absolute worst kind of poster on this site (and that really is saying something). A misogynist who thinks it's all a zero-sum game where acknowledging that a man did something wrong to a woman is akin to handing the enemy (i.e. women) some kind of victory.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

How about everyone just keeps their hands to themselves, because no one is entitled to invade another persons space, both male and female? Why make it into a competition?

Exactly this.

People saying it's been blown out of proportion are right, but it misses the point. It's not okay to lay your hands on anyone. It is the behaviour of an ignorant prick and too right that he has been named and shamed.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    All the fellas on here saying it's just a bit of craic, people should lighten up etc, I'd love to see their reaction if some random man came up behind them and smacked their arse.

I've had long hair for years. Was at a late bar last Christmas and felt the hand get a right good grab. Turned round, grabbed your man in a hold and planted a good wet big kiss on him and screamed "was that what you were after lad. now f**k off".

Happens about once a year to me, i must have a very feminine butt.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    All the fellas on here saying it's just a bit of craic, people should lighten up etc, I'd love to see their reaction if some random man came up behind them and smacked their arse. Pretty sure it wouldn't be belly laughs. But women just have to be nice and accept it right?

Smacking someone like that isnt acceptable, regardless of gender, and it wouldn't be a hilarious meme if the roles were reversed. Even if it was then those same people would still be saying the "if the roles were reversed and a man did that to a woman blah blah ", they'd love it to get a few digs in about how bad men have it.
    Yip. It is being downplayed and dismissed because she is a woman, and women shouldn't get any sympathy because feminists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Agree, now it's just full of fat-women-hating-racist-neckbeard-pricks.

For the fellas saying "Just a biffa banta, innit, guv.", how would you react if you were standing at the bar ordering a pint and a fella, that you've neither seen nor heard of before, came up to you and grabbed your bits and bobs?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Did they catch up with the asshole yet, had he a defence?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

ollkiller wrote: »
    I've had long hair for years. Was at a late bar last Christmas and felt the hand get a right good grab. Turned round, grabbed your man in a hold and planted a good wet big kiss on him and screamed "was that what you were after lad. now f**k off".

Happens about once a year to me, i must have a very feminine butt.

Lol, I'd say he got some shock when that happened. But seriously, who are these men who feel entitled to go around groping anyone that they identify as a female? Disgusting behaviour.
    For the fellas saying "Just a biffa banta, innit, guv.", how would you react if you were standing at the bar ordering a pint and a fella, that you've neither seen nor heard of before, came up to you and grabbed your bits and bobs?

Yeah, we all know how they would react. But because it's a woman in this case, she is an over reacting, hysterical harpy of course. Ruining that poor man's life etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭golfball37

Its not acceptable but its not worthy of being International news either.

Lirange wrote: »
    Wife was grabbed by some wankstain in a car park a few weeks ago. And not for the first time.
    Get over it ffs

It was only a laugh.

She must be a lesbian.

I'd say she's "traumatised" lol.

Don't be so po faced.

The woke brigade.

Nothing would be said if the roles were reversed!

thinks it's all a zero-sum game where acknowledging that a man did something wrong to a woman is akin to handing the enemy (i.e. women) some kind of victory.
    Indeed. However... they're fierce concerned about misogyny by Muslims/the blacks. Fierce concerned all of a sudden then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

I wonder what rock this idiot has been living under, especially since the #metoo movement started. He grabbed a reporter's ass on live TV... What did he think would happen?

Edit: Just noticed that he's from Georgia. I used to live there and the men are... Let's just say far from enlightened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

It's a sad day when a middle-aged man can't slap the arse of a woman half his age without the po-faced woke-brigade ruining everything.

Exactly, theres no point in getting out of bed anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,039 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

brevity wrote: »
    Dont slap people’s asses. It’s a simple rule.

Unless they ask you to. But as a general rule and an absolute rule with strangers, yeah don’t slap people’s arses.

This is an interesting example. It’s a clear case of someone slapping a stranger on the arse. Simple as that.

It’s blown up because it’s actually on camera. But it’s a case of whether you see slapping strangers arses as wrong or not.

Is it the worst crime imaginable? No, obviously not.

Is it a form of sexual assault? Probably at the least severe end of the spectrum.

If you find yourself saying it’s not a problem to slap strangers arses then you’ve probably lost perspective.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement